As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] Finn is a Big Deal

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Still I want the heavy shuttle from Rogue One and that blockcade ship from rebels the Vigil-class Corvette it's not bigger than the tie carrier

The sad part is I really am going to have to justify getting the 2.0 kits/rules as I kind of gave up on it when it lost it's fun

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Looking at those ships from the Clone Wars era, I have to say the prequels had some really good ship designs. I'd say better then most ships from ep. 7 and 9 even.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The thing with 7 and 8 is there kinda AREN'T any new ships, you can see this in how starved they are in X-Wing content

there's Kylo Ren's shuttle and those cool bombers, everything else is slight remixes of original trilogy ships, and while that serves a thematic purpose, it doesn't make for very exciting game updates

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I finally ordered a copy of Saw's Renegades since I saw a video about fixing the s-foils. Apparently they used some rubbery kind of glue on those which cause the wings to not snap open and closed properly. The later ones made for the 2.0 core set have a different glue.

Also my local game shop has a 40% off on 1.0 X-wing. I bought a C-Roc to use as an obstacle in fights since flying around a big ship is cool and fun. Sadly they were out of Assault Gunboats.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The thing with 7 and 8 is there kinda AREN'T any new ships, you can see this in how starved they are in X-Wing content

there's Kylo Ren's shuttle and those cool bombers, everything else is slight remixes of original trilogy ships, and while that serves a thematic purpose, it doesn't make for very exciting game updates

Luckily Resistance will apparently be full of all sorts of crazy ships I've never seen before!

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I finally ordered a copy of Saw's Renegades since I saw a video about fixing the s-foils. Apparently they used some rubbery kind of glue on those which cause the wings to not snap open and closed properly. The later ones made for the 2.0 core set have a different glue.

Also my local game shop has a 40% off on 1.0 X-wing. I bought a C-Roc to use as an obstacle in fights since flying around a big ship is cool and fun. Sadly they were out of Assault Gunboats.

You can't mention that video and not link it. =P

Luckily Resistance will apparently be full of all sorts of crazy ships I've never seen before!

Yeah. I've been worried about splitting the FO and Resistance into their own factions given how heavy the core 3 are. To suddenly have this new show introducing things ALREADY... gives me a lot more faith in that choice.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Yeah. I've been worried about splitting the FO and Resistance into their own factions given how heavy the core 3 are. To suddenly have this new show introducing things ALREADY... gives me a lot more faith in that choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io7EMH8XIUY&feature=youtu.be

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I just realized the best thing about 2.0

You won't accidentally slice your hands open when trying to get the stuff out of the packaging!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

You won't accidentally slice your hands open when trying to get the stuff out of the packaging!

I hate to break it to you, but, uh, packaging ... packaging, uh, finds a way. /goldblum

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

I hate to break it to you, but, uh, packaging ... packaging, uh, finds a way. /goldblum

Paper cuts!

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Had a farewell 1st tournament yesterday. Took dumb gimmicks, but turns out even 1 harpoon gunship is filthy. 2nd is going to tone things down a lot. It's great.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

ht.tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io7EMH8XIUY&feature=youtu.be

Snapped mine under the astromech getting it apart, but MAN does this make a difference.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited August 2018

ht.tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io7EMH8XIUY&feature=youtu.be

Snapped mine under the astromech getting it apart, but MAN does this make a difference.

I just got mine and am going to try it now!

*edit* I did it! It was easy and quick.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options

This is some galaxy brain-level shit that I have never thought about, because I am a dummy

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    And now consider the placement of RAC. At full loadout he can cover turret, arc dodging, and even bombs if you spend points on em (bomb and torp slots sitting there unused on most builds)

The article doesn't really cover the case of ships intended to be maimly support though, which is a failing at least from a 1.0 perspective.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The "rotate turret arc with an action" thing is such a great way of balancing the turret mechanic. It allows arc dodgers to still be viable against a turret-heavy list, and the player who has the turret has to constantly be considering if rotating the turret is more beneficial for them than taking a different action.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Don't know if it's come up yet, but Burger Tokens has a X-Wing 2.0 set out now.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »

Wow. Those are cool, but they kinda break the 2.0 circle vs. square token thing they've got going on.

• Options
    Do any of y’all repaint your stuff? How do you do so? Do you have to like put a primer coat on and start from scratch, or just build from the base paintjob?

Painting stuff is all new to me so I’m curious

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    My local game stores have all 1.0 stuff at 40% off and someone in the city has purchased every single assault gunboat and I am sad.

I did get a second Imperial gozanti. I like them and want to use them as obstacles in more games.

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    My local game stores have all 1.0 stuff at 40% off and someone in the city has purchased every single assault gunboat and I am sad.

I did get a second Imperial gozanti. I like them and want to use them as obstacles in more games.

I wish I'd used the gozanti more. Hey - now you have a flotilla! Good job!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Fuselage wrote: »

I wish I'd used the gozanti more. Hey - now you have a flotilla! Good job!

I can play very small games of Armada in large scale!

Basically my friend and I are just going to use these and the scum one as scenery during games. Fighting around big ships is so much cooler looking than boring asteroids.

• Options
    I just saw a post saying that Barnes and Noble may be having a huge X-Wing 1.0 clearance so I guess check your local stores. I'm going to check one of mine tomorrow.

• Options
    Possible false alarm? Dude might have meant online. I looked at the website and there are some things on a pretty deep discount but only some.

I will still hit my store on the way home from work just to check as there is a book I need as well. Will report my findings.

• Options
    Pretty much everything is gone now

They had TIE Bombers for 4 dollars! Dash Rendar's ship was 10 bucks!

I had to remind myself that buying even just one signed me up for buying a $50 conversion kit, so I have remained strong

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Pretty much everything is gone now

They had TIE Bombers for 4 dollars! Dash Rendar's ship was 10 bucks!

I had to remind myself that buying even just one signed me up for buying a $50 conversion kit, so I have remained strong

On the other hand, buying even just one gets you a cool tiny space ship.
    So, maybe it works out?

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Possible false alarm? Dude might have meant online. I looked at the website and there are some things on a pretty deep discount but only some.

I will still hit my store on the way home from work just to check as there is a book I need as well. Will report my findings.

Did you get a chance to check your local store to see if they are on sale in store? I missed my chance last night to stop off at mine to check.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I went to my B&N yesterday and nothing was marked down. It's possible that it's a store-by-store case rather than a company-wide thing.

• Options
    FFG just email to say my 2.0 preorder is preparing to ship!!!!

It’shappening.gif

• Options
    Can someone give me the lowdown on how Lando's Falcon differs from the standard one?

I'm really eyeing getting into Scum when 2.0 comes out cause the Fang Fighter looks kinda awesome, was thinking of grabbing that so I could alternate squads between 2 Fang Fighters supporting the Falcon or Firespray

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    @Mr. G

The 2.0 falcon or the 1.0 falcon?

• Options
    Hmm, I guess I'm talking the 1.0 one, cause that's the only one I've used and the 2.0 Rebel one won't be an option for me until they rerelease it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Can someone give me the lowdown on how Lando's Falcon differs from the standard one?

I'm really eyeing getting into Scum when 2.0 comes out cause the Fang Fighter looks kinda awesome, was thinking of grabbing that so I could alternate squads between 2 Fang Fighters supporting the Falcon or Firespray

The big difference is that Lando's Falcon comes with a sub ship in the escape pod that it can use as a separate ship or keep docked. If it's docked, the Falcon can use the escape pod pilot's ability as well as well as get some heavier shields.
    Other than that, it looks like it has less firepower (2 vs 3 for Solo's Falcon), and some lighter shields (3 vs 5).

Additional info on Lando's Falcon:
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/25/got-it-where-it-counts/

Solo's pilot card for the OT Falcon (First edition).
    http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/Han_Solo

see317 on
  • Options
    Also Lando's looks slick as hell!

• Options
    oh mannnnnn where has Scum been all my life

I never ever played them in 1.0 and I think I was missing the hell out, this looks like entirely my shit

Either of those medium ships plus two Fang Fighters will be super fun

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

Those are sexy as fuck.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    are the 2.0 dial upgrades different from the 1.0 ones?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I don't think so. Aside from there being resistance/fo ones coming.

• Options
    So while removing all the cardboard stuff from my cases in preparation I noticed a few things.

All my cool little boxes I hand made to store the ship tokens in are now obsolete since the pilots that come with the ships are different. Not that big a problem for me since I ended up not really liking them for actual ease of use.

My Rebel and Imperial storage containers are much more open now that there is no first order or resistance in them. Of course I'll need new containers for them.

I have no idea where the binder of cards went? It is just gone. I have the Legion binder and the Armada cards are all in a card box. But no X-Wing.

• Options
    Update: I found my binder. I forgot it was a huge zipper multi section binder needed to hold all the pilot and upgrade cards. Guess that will be a lot lighter for a while.