As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    turtleant wrote: »
    Steer well clear if the 1/100 Guision/Guision Rebake kit though. That one has some real stability issues.

This calls for an Action Base!

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    Steer well clear if the 1/100 Guision/Guision Rebake kit though. That one has some real stability issues.

Don't know how much an action base will help the torso falling over backwards constantly. Or the arms coming off if you build fat Guision.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

This looks very armored core gundam.
    I wonder if there is many tank type gundam body types in those shows

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Lanz wrote: »

Don't know how much an action base will help the torso falling over backwards constantly. Or the arms coming off if you build fat Guision.

Torso is okay enough on mine, it's standing up it has issues with

That said I never really bothered with the non-Rebake version, aside from building the parts; I just left it in Rebake form.

But the newer action base pieces might be useful in that regard, like the sorta pincer stand piece could probably help brace the torso

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

also very metal wolf chaos

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    this one, near the bottom:

actionbase4_black_02_2048x2048.jpg?v=1528192990

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Meanwhile, I now have the whole main squad now from Full Metal Panic, from Bandai's Invisible Victory kit line

I think their Laevatein comes out in a month or two?

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Closest to like, a tank-body is the Tieren, and its forerunner unit the Fanton, in 00 I think

Tieren_Ground_Type_Front.jpg

620?cb=20120903212708

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Magazine neckbeard...

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I think Virgil meant things with tank treads instead of legs. Like the Guntank, or the Gigan from MS-X. A big part of the Armored Core games is assembling your robot by choosing Head (basically just armor & weight vs sensors & power consumption), Torso, Arm set, and Legs, and there are 5 types of legs (humanoid, avian, walking-turret style quadruped, hover pod, and tank treads).
    Magazine neckbeard...

More of a goatee, really. Although I guess that depends on what you see as its chin? To me the gun is the nose.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    the hildolfr and xamel are some other good good tanky bois

bandai-1-144-ymt-05-hildolfr-darkbunny-1801-21-hulgo2009@9.jpg

1497.jpg

and then of course your guntank and zaku tank variants

%E9%87%8F%E3%82%BF%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AF.jpg

81a5L5VHHDL._SY679_.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Technically the Xamel's a giant hoverskirt, but it's got an over-the-shoulder cannon with a folding barrel for storage, and on the other shoulder a box multi-missile launcher, which are very characteristic weapons (and placement) for Armored Core. May well have been the inspiration for AC.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Gimme a Origin Zaku Tank kit dammit

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    ah I figured they were talking torso designs, given the nature of a lot of Armored core designs having sort tank turret-esque torso shapes

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    RE 100 XAMEL WHEN BANDAI?!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    The Xamel looks like The O Gundam fucked a mobile armor and had a kid.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    What was the suit from Unicorn that turned into a tank?

Fake Edit (because I've managed to google successfully): http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/D-50C_Loto

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Heffling wrote: »
    The Xamel looks like The O Gundam fucked a mobile armor and had a kid.

Minor nitpick, PMX-003 The-O is not a Gundam, though it is from the show Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam.
    da062ypncwmm.jpgzzk97x77tewq.jpg

Man, how arrogant was Paptimus that he had to have a special unit designation for his own designs ('PMX' for Paptimus Mobile eXperiment)? Also, naming your personal mecha 'god'. And people thought Casval Edward Char Quattro's gold-chrome custom painted MS was cocky.
    uftxf2a5wf8a.jpgukwe1ctpckjp.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Dlxx8h4UYAIJe7C.jpg

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

Ifn you don't mind painting the zaku half cannon torso on the origin guntank treads wouldn't be the worst substitute.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

Ifn you don't mind painting the zaku half cannon torso on the origin guntank treads wouldn't be the worst substitute.

This is a good idea...

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    The IBO and the other ZZ Ver Ka were gone from the store today. Missed my chance, it seems. :(

But they were stocking up for Christmas, and had a TON of the original Gundam model, an interesting backpack unit, a Tallgeese, and a real grade of some kind!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    I managed to settle on ordering my next gunpla: the master grade zaku char custom. I'm a big fan of the color scheme and I don't own a zaku yet

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    What was the suit from Unicorn that turned into a tank?

Fake Edit (because I've managed to google successfully): http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/D-50C_Loto

this is a retroactive predecessor to the guntank R-44 from F91, btw

128822068.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20180227140243

in other news they're releasing an option parts set for the robot damashii S gundam to convert it to the booster unit type and gooood damnit now i'm wondering if it matches the colors of the version i have

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Finally done. Should I wait for the new thread?

Nah. :)

a4w7Mg9h.jpg

The legs are extremely sturdy. Massive polycaps inside, ABS plastic for many of the connectors, and the claw tips are reinforced by their construction.

2Ewa3rch.jpg

The last 3 hours have been painting the faux caps that covered the joints on the original. Also doing some dirtying up of the hydraulics on the remaining legs, which no one would ever see but I know is there.

Yozzwf7h.jpg

Again, compared to the original, there's QUITE a bit of difference. The original's body has wheels on the bottom, and the legs are designed to crawl it forward. The pincers pinch open and closed.

dOYfZU6h.jpg

Interestingly, I am pretty sure the HMM is smaller than the original one in length... But just barely.

MJJ7xkXh.jpg

It is still super imposing compared to regular Zoids...

Tx8qsp3h.jpg

But the Gundam? It's just a big bug to it.

ORItkILh.jpg

j4N2K5Rh.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Is that an 18" cutting mat that you've got your bugs posing on?
    Because, if so, I did not realize how big those things are.

• Options
    edited September 2018

Yup! :) I figured it would work well for scaling stuff.

edit: errr, 17"

Athenor on
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »

Yup! :) I figured it would work well for scaling stuff.

It's the same matt I'm using. It's great because it's just slightly smaller than the Gundam instruction manuals, so I can set the manual on top and lay out the parts and if I have to move stuff I use it as a tray.

• Options
  • Options
    Public Safety Announcement? I don't get it.

• Options
    public service announcement

you should put dresses on your robots

(also that's from the actual character designer of turn a)

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    All my robots must be full

on

nude

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Akiman brought their A-game for Turn A

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Akiman brought their A-game for Turn A

Well yeah, it's not like it's called "Turn B" now is it?

• Options
    You could say he... put everything he had into it

Get it? Cause ∀?

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    MATH

PUNS

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular