As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Whirlwind

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Whirlwind

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    sokpupetsokpupet Registered User regular
    Difficult to believe that it's been over fifteen years since I talked myself out of going to PAX.
    My Mazda B2200 might not make it (it would have), I couldn't afford it (I could have), I could go always go next year (nope), and on and on...
    It's up there with not going to see Conan O'Brien in Spokane back in '10 for most of the same reasons.
    If I could trade telling Megan Peterson how I REALLY felt about her in eighth grade for attending the first PAX, I would. Because some opportunities should be missed.

• Options
    swaylowswaylow Registered User regular
    The three-panel progress of Gabe faces are enough to make this a great strip.

In PAX news, after years of looking for friends to attend my first PAX with I found out two of my cousins (!) have been going to East for the last 5 years (!!) and plan to attend West next year which is the one my schedule allows me to attend. So now I have a 365 day countdown to start which is very exciting.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    sokpupet wrote: »
    Difficult to believe that it's been over fifteen years since I talked myself out of going to PAX.

I've been reading PA since sometime in the first year, as far as I can remember. In the last year, I've gotten my friend and college housemate (from decades back when I lived in Texas) into boardgaming. Since he lives in Austin, he hops over to PAX South and plays in a few boardgaming tournaments (and even wins one). This very PAX that started up in the very same month I completed my move to Minnesota, aka Just About As Far As You Can Get From Every PAX and Still Be In The Continental US.

I can't even hold out hope that they'll eventually be another PAX, as they're pretty much at (or past) their limit. When they first teased PAX Unplugged, I had a glimmer of hope, but then they picked a city that was a short flight from ANOTHER PAX. *sigh* Lucky bastards!

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I started reading back in late 2003 or early 2004 IIRC, flew across the country to the second PAX (2005), and then again to the fourth (2007; sidenote, my sister and best friend got engaged there, still together!). Haven't been able to go to one since. I wanted to go to the Unplugged here in Philly last year because it's local and my birthday was that weekend, but I ended up not being able to get tickets. Things are getting very tight financially so I probably won't get to go this year either. Hopefully it's still here next year and I'll be able to swing it.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I feel the same when I installed the new toilet for my girlfriend

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    KredKred Registered User regular
    I'm sure the list of things to be proud of is quite long for Mike and Jerry, but having characters they created and played in D&D added to the Neverwinter MMO is pretty damn awesome.

I know, it's not a good game, but still.

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    I live out in the boonies where we don't even have a mcdonalds so I've never been to one of these pax or such conventions.