As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAD] Hyper Hexazeon-est

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Failed with Yog, then with nudist beach. Guess Kiri cheese is next

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    oh - zeus dragon changes his attribute every turn
    g o o d t o k n o w

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Is there any point in running the MtG collab dungeon in multiplayer? It seems super hard and according to PADX, it doesn't have any drops that aren't available in the single player dungeon - as far as I can see. PADx doesn't really list the drops though, so I don't know if it's up to date.

Also wanted to mention that I got a Navigator's Compass from running the single player version today. It evolves into Weatherlight which is a 'weapon assist' card or whatever they're called. Not a very good one, but might still be useful. It has an orb enhancement awakening of each color and the active is 1 to 3 turns of haste.

Fiskebent on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    So~~~
    Now that my plans for kiri cheese are destroyed and with like 2-3 days left, any hot tips for challenge 10 teams

I don’t gots yusuke

Looks like mantastic used Anubis/Diablos - I can go for that, and do have tardis so I can stall round 1 for whatever skills

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    wait does void pierce awakening activate for everyone or just the one that has the awakening
    edit- just the awakened one I'm guessing - doesn't matter, worked it out
    now i just gotta get lucky spending +297s on hermes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGBoqmuBTQM

took 4 rolls -_-

oh damnit it took a mercuria assist to get that high

ok...ilmina has dragon and god killer and can get void pierce, and makes her own board, I should have just done this to start
    took 6 rolls

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    well screwed up and got hit with the big cycling set from akechi
    kill him anyway as it turns out on 7x6 you can just freeze them one at a time and get a free 6 combo with the row below them
    1 turn of that nonsense left on zeus drag and 11-combo knock him below 50%, heaven commandment, rip
    exasperated I use a stone, server is under maintenance~~~~

if saria doesn't give me 9 red orbs and enough assorted others to make 8 combo I will just be the saltiest

It re-prompted for the stone use and I hit no, salt is postponed until further attempts

vhyTNvrl.jpg
    Fuck this dungeon
    Anubis(orochi)/Blonia/Tardis(Paolumu(didn’t activate))/Ilmina(Saria)/Skuld(Yomi)/Diablos(Grodin(Used but changed my mind and used blonia too))

1 Tardis stall
    2 Kill immediately, leaving some poison
    3 Orochi, then stalled as long as possible after mejedra kill
    4 Blonia kill
    5 Stalled a little to time out spinners
    6 Ilmina, Yomi (Skuld has 4 skill delay resist just for this), opening paint to make sure I could get 8 combo

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I'm not very good, but this type of ranking dungeon is the one I like the most. Everybody's equal and it's down to skill.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i like the impossible to lose aspect of it

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Challenge 9 down with
    Blonia, BCotton, Orochi, Kiri, Kulia

Kulia erases the time debuff, cotton helps stall on the first two guys

Used Blonias to ohko Diadem and Azazel - her skill not 100% guarantee vs az with no skyfall luck so took a few tries

Orochi/Kiri for the boss kill

Edit: 1346 I actually pull off a full clear 10-combo w/o board change~

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    skippymchaggisskippymchaggis Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    so i am still a super casual player. what's the deal with these new "gems" in the daily emails/free machine we're currently getting?

skippymchaggis on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    The gems basically give you more options to evolve things - so for instance in order to get Awoken Sakuya, you previously had to use Fagan, Zhou Yu, 2 Light and 1 Blue Jewels
    Now, instead of Zhou Yu, you need a large blue gem, which you could trade in a Zhou Yu to get, or any of the various other eligible descended guys you might have.

The trading for them is done in Monster Exchange in the shop btw - though if you're evolving it'll let you do it all right there as well.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    here we go super godfest start

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    Got Lugh, Raphael, Gabriel, Castor, Misteltein, and Astaroth. All new for this account.

I quit a while back, but got the itch to play again and started a f2p account, just shy of 100 days ago. It's been going well, thanks to a pretty solid Gronia team. I also just got an Amon team to a good place. Everything else I can make needs work.

• Options
    my big gets were ganesha (finally) and blonia#3 who I think is destined to be traded toward some ultracollab

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    I rolled another cotton, which is nice
    I guess i'll trade her in for something better in the future

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Shit. I missed the super godfest :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    With a practically perfect team, and playing Very Well, I get about 118k, putting me at ~19%. Doing better would entail pl/raying for mega skyfalls.

I am constantly surprised by how good people are at this (or by how few people play the ranking dungeons)

Wait I figured it out - I've been wasting time solving bicolor boards when I should just be swiping with eyes closed

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    Came back to this now that I have a phone that can run it once more (I held on to my iphone 4s for a really long time)
    Its been 5 years or so and everything is changed. A lot of dungeons I'm sure I cleared before seem to have been reset which is kinda nice, free stones again.

Anyone willing to take a look at my padherder and suggest some goals or teams to work towards? I expect everything I have is crap now.
    https://www.padherder.com/user/Errant/

Also my entire friends list either quit or unfriended me... except for Zan@PA. So if you read this thread still, hi! <3

• Options
    Pyroguard Sonia will be a good sub, though it’s really too bad red Sonia is the only one you had since the other two are pretty strong leaders

In terms of leads atm I think your best bet is going to be reincarnated ra
    But your real best bet is to start rolling

Welcome back~

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    When I played before red sonia was the only sonia, now theres too many sonias to even keep track of. It sucks that she seems so much worse than the others now.

I've been playing Haku mostly and constantly find too few of one of the colors to activate her, I can't even imagine trying to hit all 5 for Ra. Before I had sonia and haku I had Isis, played a lot of rainbow teams, seems like way too much work to go from 4.5x to 5x. (Assuming I can get the large water and dark gems to awaken and reincarnate Haku)

Right now I'm just clearing all the challenge dungeons for free stones as I don't seem to be able to clear any decends. Should be able to put together a go

I have many, many questions/observations:

What ever happened to expert/master level dungeons? They seem to have cut out all the mid-game content and its either super easy or super hard now. Everything legend or mythic one shots my teams, the best I can pull off is about 16000 hp. My valk team only has about 12k. That You Yu team had nearly 50k hp... granted they were all +297 but still thats a huge difference in hp. I used to have an astaroth team with pretty good hp but I haven't been able to find any other astaroths to friend.

Whats up with these "Coloring book" monsters? Better/worse than the originals, but from the pal egg machine? The pal egg machine seems much better in general than it used to be. Also I assume I should be should be saving my pal points for after the evo materials machine goes away, as I don't really need anything except the top end materials like angelits and dragon fruit.

Are there any good ways of getting jewels besides the pal egg machine? What I could find was during some events chinese gods have a chance of invading but I don't know if I could even beat them if they did, and I seem to need a ton of jewels.

Can I get good leaders or monsters in general out of the pal egg machine when it changes over?

I could have swore I was farming red dragon fruit to skill up sonia, but she is listed as not having a skill up monster any more. Is it not possible to skill her up any longer?

Do people not do multiplayer mode at all? I tried to queue into the "Multiplayer Evo Rush" a number of times now and it can never find anyone to match me with.

The September quest dungeons have "skill-up rate 3x" flashing on them, can we just gain skills from running dungeons now?

Are there any better (more updated) sites like PADherder, puzzledragonx or the PAD wikia? Everything seems to be way behind on updates.

This is probably a dumb question, but you can only set one person as best friend, right? Or is it something you get to set more of as you level up?

• Options
    Saphier wrote: »
    What ever happened to expert/master level dungeons? They seem to have cut out all the mid-game content and its either super easy or super hard now.
    dunno
    Whats up with these "Coloring book" monsters? Better/worse than the originals, but from the pal egg machine? The pal egg machine seems much better in general than it used to be. Also I assume I should be should be saving my pal points for after the evo materials machine goes away, as I don't really need anything except the top end materials like angelits and dragon fruit.
    Coloring book monsters are the results of community art contest events, basically the original monsters in the winning recolors, with matching elements. Nothing really amazing in them.
    Are there any good ways of getting jewels besides the pal egg machine? What I could find was during some events chinese gods have a chance of invading but I don't know if I could even beat them if they did, and I seem to need a ton of jewels.
    Maybe mp shop/trading. Also if you hit "Quests" in the upper right, there are jewels for clearing certain descended dungeons.
    Can I get good leaders or monsters in general out of the pal egg machine when it changes over?
    Not really, best thing that sometimes appears in the pal machines is +s
    I could have swore I was farming red dragon fruit to skill up sonia, but she is listed as not having a skill up monster any more. Is it not possible to skill her up any longer?
    There are various evo/enhance materials that rotate their skill ups - I don't know what the current rotation in though, and pretty much use the new generic skillup *py monsters for skilling up whatever
    Do people not do multiplayer mode at all? I tried to queue into the "Multiplayer Evo Rush" a number of times now and it can never find anyone to match me with.
    People do multiplayer mode like crazy but they generally will coordinate ahead of time as to the room key and dungeon. There are some discords devoted to this. I would not really expect someone to drop into an open room at random, and also if you don't have it on sharing with friends mode, the key will be the only way in. If you lost most of your friendlist that restricts your rando drop-in pool from the get-go. Note that with the key, anyone can join, not just friends.
    The September quest dungeons have "skill-up rate 3x" flashing on them, can we just gain skills from running dungeons now?
    Yeah your guys icons will get a little skill-up awakening S symbol on them if fighting a guy that can potentially skill up. I don't know the base rate though. You also get monster xp just from the dungeon as well.
    Are there any better (more updated) sites like PADherder, puzzledragonx or the PAD wikia? Everything seems to be way behind on updates.
    I use puzzledragonx, it seems pretty up-to-date?
    This is probably a dumb question, but you can only set one person as best friend, right? Or is it something you get to set more of as you level up?
    You can only set one person as best friend, rarely however they do refresh that ability (and the send present option), letting you select more, and they do stack, not replace.

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick answers.

One example of issues I'm having with puzzledragonx, http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3247 claims theres no way to get her so far even though there are comments saying they got her 2 years ago.

For multiplayer I'm talking about the auto-match option at the top of 3 player. Never seems to automatch anyone with me.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    oh yeah 3 player. ~~dunno~~ srs business multy intimidates me because I'm only mediocre and freak out when I'm on a timer and everybody depending on me not messing up and oh no

re: coloring book guys I think it doesn't bother with pal egg event drop stuff
    at least it used to be an event-only thing, dunno if they run them all the time now
    on the other hand it is some kind of gung-ho event running now and that was the event they show up in
    but previously it made a bigger deal of it, like "gung-ho pal egg 500 pal points ft coloring book monsters all drops +15"

Ah yeah I’m seeing that the gungho pal egg machine is coming imminently

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick answers.

One example of issues I'm having with puzzledragonx, http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3247 claims theres no way to get her so far even though there are comments saying they got her 2 years ago.

For multiplayer I'm talking about the auto-match option at the top of 3 player. Never seems to automatch anyone with me.

Generally it says that when it's a monster in a limited machine. That one was in a special PAL egg machine.

• Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Pyroguard Sonia will be a good sub, though it’s really too bad red Sonia is the only one you had since the other two are pretty strong leaders

In terms of leads atm I think your best bet is going to be reincarnated ra
    But your real best bet is to start rolling

Welcome back~

Back to say that you were right, after struggling with challenge 5/Dark knight/Zhang Fei etc with my haku, valkyrie and isis teams I was able to 1 shot them all with Ra. Turns out he's much easier to activate than I remember if you team him up with an super maxed Aten for a 7x6 board and an extra ~8 seconds of move time with tsukoyomi, aten and the move time badge. Badges didn't exist before.

I ran the 50 stam gem temple 4 times and didn't get a single large gem so these challenges are my plan B.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    By the way the gungho pal machine is live and actually there are some decent monsters in it~
    Pretty rare though, though of course now you can view what the odds actually are with that Lineup button

Also wait when you said jewels before, did you mean the evo gems? Those are totally different, they basically make evolving easier as whatever descend boss they would have required before was replacing by a gem that they trade for, meaning you could get the evo done with a wider range of monsters, since many of them would trade toward the same gem. You may have already figured that out but if not you can see what gets you what under shop->monster exchange->evo

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I had a ton of pal points saved up plus the event giving 5k per day so I did about 130 pulls. Got one Coloring Book Kali, one Coloring Book Sonia Gran, one life dragon zhuge liang, 3 arthurs, a Typhon Avatar of Destruction card and a Helen the Tragic Princess card. Lots of duplicates of the others, are any worth keeping more than 1 of or should I just use them to skill up and awaken one guy? Worth continuing to roll for the 3 I missed? (Divine Shieldmaiden of Paradise Brunhild, Hell Brigadier Sargatanas and Pianis). Pretty disappointed they weren't plus eggs at all though.

And no I meant jewels before, http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1325 etc. Pretty low on them still. I did earn a jewel rush 1 time dungeon but thats just not enough for how many I need.

I did see the monster exchange for gems but until Aten changed my world beating most of those large gem bosses wasn't doable for me. 7x6 boards seem crazy OP... the odds of getting heart or color starved go down so much, much easier to make huge combos...8x7 boards when?

I don't think people who have Aten strength leaders and friends are even playing the same game as I am...

New batch of questions! Is there any way to search dungeons for skill up opportunities? I remember seeing Neptune Minerva Hades etc in regular low stamina costing dungeons and specifically was hoping to find an orochi to level up off of.

Also, say I did find a neptune to fight (I swear I remember ocean of heaven having one) will fighting him have a chance to skill up any Neptune? Or "Neptune" / "Sea Deity Neptune" specifically, matching the one that appears? If any neptune, even neptunes who have different skills like awoken neptune? I have typed neptune enough times now that semantic satiation has kicked in.

Sometimes after a big combo I get a big colorless damage number that pops up out of nowhere right at the end. I thought it was a followup attack but I read that those are always just 1 damage. Not a two pronged attack either. Kind of like a katgutsuchi or vajasilmanguy or echinda attack but it happens when not running any of those leaders. What causes that and how do I subscribe to its newsletter?

On the select a friend list theres a timer for everybody right below their rank... "10 hr to go" etc. 10 hr until what?

Any use for the gold tamadra besides selling it for 10 million coins and 10k MP? When I try to find him on PDX it lists a completely different set of effects (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1709) "Fusing this +297 Tamadra to another +297 card will add a 6th latent awoken skill slot." which sounds a lot more valuable than 10million coins and 10k MP. Outdated info? Same monster number, 1709.

I have 22 million coins now (32 depending on the previous question) are there any coin dungeons that are especially worthwhile or worth prioritizing?

The Ra/Aten machine marches on, zero stoned all the way up to Thoth & Sopdet in novice to int september quest. Haven't tried them yet. Is challenge level 6 a step up in difficulty from them or is it more in line with challenge level 5? I want that ancient trigod mask for Athena.

Edit: I saw something on reddit about a 7 stone supergodfest on the japanese servers, and that we'd get it too a bit later... has that happened already or is it still coming up? I'm up to 76 stones, still lots of challenge dungeons to clear.

Saphier on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I pulled about 250 times and got a Sargantanas - I didn’t keep duplicates of anything except the assist/equip awakening cards.

Dunno if there’s a search anywhere for dungeons a monster appears in - re: what skills up what, I think as long as the forms have the same skill you’re golden.

The big numbers - if you’re using aten it’s probably his killer awakenings going off, when you successfully use a killer awakening against its advantaged type the numbers get big. Otherwise what color is colorless? White? Black?

The friend timers are how long they’re available on your list if they don’t refresh by playing

They just gave everything a 6th latent slot so they don’t really do that anymore

Imo it’s usually a steady climb for challenges up to 7 and 8 is where it starts to get to “ok, not fucking around any more”

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Yeah its white damage.

• Options
    That gold tama is deprecated now. Just sell it for MP. A while back they just gave all monsters a 6th latent slot, and no more can be added.

• Options
    Thanks, sold him off. Same with the 5 year anniversary tamadra I assume, 55555 MP seems much better than 1 awakening.

Any other leaders that pair well with Ra? Another Ra of course, but the 7x6 board, 2x HP and +5 seconds is super useful to me. Been actively trying to find more Atens via changing team and checking the departure dungeon over and over, but in about an hour of checking I only came across 2.

Atens being online has been the biggest roadblock for the september quest... in the mean time, Thoth & Sopdet, challenge 6, and Satan all fell zero stone to Ra/Aten! Jumped straight to satan because I was 1000 exp from leveling and he 'only' cost 50 stam and I'd waste stam doing something else, and somehow I still won. Then lost horribly to Sky Prison Mythical. I guess none of my individual hits were more than 500k despite the combined total doing 80% of satan's HP in one turn =/

So now that I have large gems and the ability to acquire more large gems, any suggestions for who from this list to reincarnate first? I've heard Isis is very useful as a sub. https://www.padherder.com/user/Errant/ I really want that Athena Helios, she seems like the easiest massive multiplier I could acquire if I can figure out how to get a trigod mask... pray for stream rewards?

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    If anyone wants to claim ownership over the thread henceforth send me a PM, I read it but not often. It's been pretty dead for the most part.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Woo I can trade in 5 monster cards for Water version of Yog. Worth it? What you guys think?

• Options
    I wouldn’t unless what I was getting was totally busted

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Its been a while since the last post but now's a good time to dump stones

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I went ahead and did the trade in for Summer Barbara & Julie since it's a mean leader.

Giving us 100 stones was really nice, though I'm still just in log on and do the daily stuff mode. The end game isn't for me, I never look up dungeons.

• Options
    or just roll on the godfest thats going on right now and get all the good cards to stomp on the dungeons blind :D

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    Another 100 stones coming soon. I just rolled an Omega and stuck it on my Zela team, for the skill up dungeon. Once Omega was skilled up enough to pop in the dungeon, I got Zela to hit for over 700 million. Unnecessary for that team, but should be a good fit for my Gronia team.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So a reset is coming soon. If anyone still plays, I can toss them a bff. Otherwise, I'll just grab a random friend tomorrow night

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    We might be BFF already, but I still play. Qan@pa, 372,496,263

I keep Barbara & Julie, Ilm, and Enra up right now. But can switch around as people need.