As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PbP] Dungeon World - Fortress of the Ur-Mage: All is Lost (Ur-Mage Victory)

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod

Lig | L3 | Halfling Shape - Druid | HP 21/21 | DMG D6 | AR 2 on land

Lig turns to Arngrim

"Looks like Squibble and Durgon have an idea of what this elaborate setup is all about.
    How do we figure these statues filter in? The seal on the floor? The Eye on the wall?

Do we think these "once alive statues" are sentinels?
    Maybe we should do a preemptive strike- Gold should soft enough right?"

VayBJ4e.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Team Ramrod

Lig moves closer to the back of the nearest statue, careful to avoid the seal.

How big is it compared to me a halfling? Would it provide cover?
    What do I see?

Lig holds their Shillelagh ready to strike in case the statue leaps at them.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Squibble | L3 | Halfling Theif | HP 14/14 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D8 | 10 Gold

With the mechanism to the eye being pointed out, we need to reduce any threats, no matter how small.

Squibble makes his way to the right side of the room and slides passed the statue and proceeds to the statue. In trepidation, a bead of sweat forms above his brow, as he arrives at the statue. He cracks his knuckles and gets to work.

Tricks of the Trade Mechanics
    When you pick locks or pockets or disable traps, roll+DEX.

✴ On a 10+, you do it, no problem.

✴ On a 7–9, you still do it, but the GM will offer you two options between suspicion, danger, or cost.[\spoiler]

Geth, roll 2d6+3 for attempting to disable the eyes mechanism

attempting to:
    2d6+3 14 [2d6=6, 5]

Oh, can I allow my team time to get into cover before I begin?

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    Oh, can I allow my team time to get into cover before I begin?
    In this case, I'm going to say no, action has been taken and there was sufficient time prior to this for the other party members to indicate they were taking cover. Currently Lig and Durgon are behind statues.

My main question currently is which statue were you moving to? Was it the embossed Eye behind the throne, or another statue.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    I’m going to the mechanism that was pointed out earlier. I’m moving passed the golden statue to the right, avoiding the symbol on the floor

I’m going to the mechanism that was pointed out earlier. I’m moving passed the golden statue to the right, avoiding the symbol on the floor
    Defy Danger +Dex please

Hail Hydra
    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for defying danger

defying danger:
    2d6+3 8 [2d6=1, 4]

*roll*
    Squibble, you find that moving around to the right without crossing the seal is difficult. You can get across, but you will trigger a different obstacle. Or, you can pull back and reassess.

Hail Hydra
    Realizing it’s too tight of a squeeze to get passed, Squibble takes a step back. “There’s gotta be another way.”

Team Ramrod | Squibble | L3 | Halfling Theif | HP 14/14 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D8 | 10 Gold

Stepping back, Squibble turns to his right. He removes the lock pick from his pack and attempts to unlock the southeast door.

Tricks of the Trade

Geth, roll 2d6+3 for unlocking southeast door

unlocking southeast door:
    2d6+3 6 [2d6=2, 1]

Stepping back, Squibble turns to his right. He removes the lock pick from his pack and attempts to unlock the southeast door.

The lock is drilled into the silver. Squibble's deft fingers try to find the tumblers. A click is heard, then another from the far side of the room. The shimmering skeleton shifts in it's seat.

"THIEVES! IF YE BE SO EAGER TO SEEK BEYOND THE SILVER DOOR, THEN YE MAY ONLY LEAVE THIS CHAMBER BY THAT DOOR, ELSE CALAMITY BEFALL YE! THIS I DECREE!" The bones then rest again.

Hail Hydra
    edited September 2018
    Team Ramrod

"Get behind cover!" Ligriv cries as he notices Angrim out in the open, as Squibble seem to be moving across the room, while the mage prepares a spell.

"Let's get two of ya behind the two statues that are easiest to reach without stepping on the eye!
    May not help, but it's worth the try!

I'm small enough, I'll use my shield and bark."
    Ligriv steps out and protects their upper body, head and torso with their shield, in a crouching position nearby.
    aeqgqf68o6fq.png

(You'll need to give your assent to the position, before we can go forward, or we can come up with a better idea)

@Roshyyk
    @Zeframsee
    @joshgotro

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
    I will move to the statue hunkered behind my tall wizard friend

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod @AustinP0027 @Roshyyk @Virgil_Leads_You @zeframsee

Halwyr quickly scans the room, all of his compatriots behind cover. "No bones about it. Everyone get down!"

Halwyr lifts his hand up and forward, arcane energies coalesce and beams streak across the room, perwinkle, mint, and lavender in color, SLAM into the Eye.

Geth roll 2d6+3 for Magic Missile.

Magic Missile:
    2d6+3 11 [2d6=3, 5]

joshgotro wrote: »
    Team Ramrod @AustinP0027 @Roshyyk @Virgil_Leads_You @zeframsee

Halwyr quickly scans the room, all of his compatriots behind cover. "No bones about it. Everyone get down!"

Halwyr lifts his hand up and forward, arcane energies coalesce and beams streak across the room, perwinkle, mint, and lavender in color, SLAM into the Eye.
    Go ahead and roll damage

Hail Hydra
    Geth roll 2d4 for pastel power.

pastel:
    2d4 4 [2d4=1, 3]

The Ramrods

The air crackles with energy as Halwyr's spell strikes the closed eye. A trio of scorch marks mar the closed eye.

Hail Hydra
    edited September 2018
    Team Ramrod

Lig marvels at the perwinkle, mint, and lavender lighting swirling around the room
    appearing at the periphery of their vision.

"Everyone still here? Anything happening?"

and pokes their head out of their shield to survey the damage.

"huh maybe we need to break that mechanism on the eyelid instead?"
    Ligriv frustratedly gets back behind their shield.

"Damn Ur-Mage! Damn talking Skeleton!"

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • zeframseezeframsee Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The Ramrods

Eyes narrowed, Arngrim sizes up the closed lids of the great eye.

“Have at ye, Squibbles, and may the wings of devils bring thee to thy prey!”

The black swordsman grims (not grins) at his pint-sized companion, and in a whirl scoops up the halfling in a spinning vault, tossing him towards the eye’s mechanism!

Defy danger with str+3?

zeframsee on
    zeframsee wrote: »
    The Ramrods

The black swordsman grims (not grins) at his pint-sized companion, and in a whirl scoops up the halfling in a spinning vault, tossing him towards the eye’s mechanism!

Defy danger with str+3?
    Close, you have to tell Geth to do it, otherwise it doesn't understand.

Like so

Geth, Roll 2d6+3 To huck a halfling

To huck a halfling:
    2d6+3 12 [2d6=4, 5]

Hail Hydra
    The Ramrods

Geth roll 2d6+3 to defy danger with str

to defy danger with str:
    2d6+3 7 [2d6=1, 3]

Matev wrote: »
    zeframsee wrote: »
    The Ramrods

Defy danger with str+3?
    Close, you have to tell Geth to do it, otherwise it doesn't understand.

Like so

Geth, Roll 2d6+3 To huck a halfling

Can he just have that 12? Lol

It's not a failure at least!

VayBJ4e.png
    Beautiful. I know exactly what I want to do here. Squibble make it across the room, but land on the throne. Or Angrim thinks better of it and decide to not. The choice is your swordsman

Hail Hydra
    The Ramrods

Let the dice fall where they may. And halflings as well.

Splendid. Now the real game begins...

The Ramrods

Squibble launches across the room. As he flies over the seal of the Ur-Mage, you hear a high pitched whine. The halfling falls short of his goal, smashing into the skeleton on the throne, which explodes in a cloud of shimmering dust. The whining ends with a click in the same second and the eye above the throne opens, a golden wave burning across the room.
    Halwyr and Arngrim, please roll Def Danger +CHA

Squibble settles among the dust, and as he does, he sees a great eye not 2 feet from his face, staring at him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q23_LCri1Kw

"Give me vision. Show me that which you have hidden. Show me that which the world will forget. Show that which is taboo in this World. Give me sight, and I will grant you mine. Fail, and you will become what you fear."
    Squibble, go ahead and shape the world as you see fit. The eye will judge you

Hail Hydra
    The Ramrods

Geth roll 2d6 to withstand a golden wave

to withstand a golden wave:
    2d6 7 [2d6=2, 5]

The Ramrods

Arngrim shields his eyes as the wave shoots towards him at the last possible second. You feel something in your pack grow heavier. You then hear a snap! as something metallic breaks.
    You have lost your Folly Held Aloft. If you look in your pack, they have become gold dust

Hail Hydra

In my recent travels, I heard of a town, not but a few days travels from here, where the king pumps out a gas that causes the villagers to lose sight reality. Filth and death lay all around them in the streets, but the townsfolk recognize the waste as beauty. The gaseous haze looks as rays of sunshine; the food, though rotten, looks and tastes freshly cooked; the houses, delapedated and collapsing, look bright and new; Giant rats portray a friendly dog. Rumor has it that the king has been building an army of terrible creatures to unleash them on surrounding villages, but the townsfolk are blinded to all of the beasts and creatures striding right in front of their own faces. The king didn’t want to lose his followers, but with everyone getting sick, he will ultimately lose them anyways.
    I gotta wake up in 5 hours, but I know I would have been thinking about this all night if I didn’t get it out lol

The Ramrods

The eye narrows to a slit.

"I have seen what you have seen. I had hoped you would show me something new."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNwK16kC4Fk

"Look into my gaze...." The eye widens, encompassing Squibble's vision once more, he sees a halfling shaped skeleton of shimmering bones, seated on a gilded throne...
    Squibble, Defy Danger +Int

Hail Hydra
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Jolly Rogers

"Nonsense, my good skeleton," Alesire rumbles. "All we need to do is light the way."

From a pouch on his belt, the big elf produces a small nub of an antler. He dips it into another pouch and it begins to trace sparkling lines in the air. Elfscript hangs gently glowing on the wind - the word GUIDE

A vermillion glow begins to saturate the entrance.
    Geth roll 2d6+2 for Revealing the Way

Revealing the Way:
    2d6+2 11 [2d6=4, 5]

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    The Jolly Rogers

A wispy vermillion arrow launches itself into the mouth of the skull.

You begin to hear the creaking of siegeworks from above.....

The Grim Company

You begin to hear the creaking of siegeworks from above.....

Hail Hydra
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Alesire sighs as he stows the antler. "Artillery did get him in the end."

He points at the mouth. "Perhaps an arrow on target, chaps?"

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • LaserFowlLaserFowl Registered User regular
    The Grim Company: @saber_of_black @Rezari @Nips

Rat stands aside and lets Selgith take the lead; staring down the singular hallway.

Geth roll 2d6 to avoid that pervy eye.

to avoid that pervy eye.:
    2d6 5 [2d6=1, 4]

• RezariRezari Registered User regular
    The Grim Company: @Nips @LaserFowl @saber_of_black
    "Let's be careful, shall we? be a shame to get in trouble so soon..." She grips her staff with both hands firmly.

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Helter — Jolly Rogers

“Let this skullduggery begin...”, they whisper.

The thief skulks beyond the threshold, their sockets (somehow) darting this way and that. Helter quietly draws their sickle.

Geth roll 2d6+3 for Trap Expert
    When you spend a moment to survey a dangerous area, roll+DEX.
    On a 10+, hold 3.
    On a 7-9, hold 1.
    Spend your hold as you walk through the area to ask these questions.
    • Is there a trap here and if so, what activates it?
    • What does the trap do when activated?
    • What else is hidden here?
    Advanced Moves

Cheap Shot
    When using a precise or hand weapon, your backstab deals an extra +1d6 damage.

Shoot First
    You’re never caught by surprise. When an enemy would get the drop on you, you get to act first instead.

Underdog
    When you’re outnumbered, you have +1 armour.

Just sayin’.

Trap Expert:
    2d6+3 14 [2d6=5, 6]

Endless_Serpents on

Geth, roll 2d6 for defying danger

defying danger:
    2d6 2 [2d6=1, 1]

edited September 2018
    Team Ramrod

Hearing the high pitched whine,
    the loud thunk! of the halfling exploding across the skeleton,
    and the click of the trap
    releasing a golden wave encompassing the room.
    Lig rushes forward with their shield and is going to attempt to whack this eyeball that's releasing this energy blast.

"Fuuuuuc...."

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png