As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] Finn is a Big Deal

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    So while removing all the cardboard stuff from my cases in preparation I noticed a few things.

All my cool little boxes I hand made to store the ship tokens in are now obsolete since the pilots that come with the ships are different. Not that big a problem for me since I ended up not really liking them for actual ease of use.

My Rebel and Imperial storage containers are much more open now that there is no first order or resistance in them. Of course I'll need new containers for them.

I have no idea where the binder of cards went? It is just gone. I have the Legion binder and the Armada cards are all in a card box. But no X-Wing.

If you built the same microhanger / gear box thing I did, note that the new dials are wider than the 1.0 ones, so you really can't use the gearboxes anyways.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    So while removing all the cardboard stuff from my cases in preparation I noticed a few things.

All my cool little boxes I hand made to store the ship tokens in are now obsolete since the pilots that come with the ships are different. Not that big a problem for me since I ended up not really liking them for actual ease of use.

My Rebel and Imperial storage containers are much more open now that there is no first order or resistance in them. Of course I'll need new containers for them.

I have no idea where the binder of cards went? It is just gone. I have the Legion binder and the Armada cards are all in a card box. But no X-Wing.

If you built the same microhanger / gear box thing I did, note that the new dials are wider than the 1.0 ones, so you really can't use the gearboxes anyways.

I could still use the little ship hangers but the ships were never the storage issue so eh.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

... man.

• FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    I'm just a normal scrub with deep Plano containers.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    How do y’all store your cards?

Binders don’t seem the way to go here, too much flipping

6F32U1X.png
    edited September 2018
    Mr. G wrote: »

http://sirwillibald.com/games/x-wing-miniatures-games/collectorbox-upgrades/

2017-07-18-19.37.35-300x225.jpg

ED: Showed foamboard version, which is what I use.

ED2: Of course, with the new upgrade card sizes, that'll have to change.

Elvenshae on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Honestly I use binders. Yeah, there's a lot of flipping, but because of the size of the upgrade cards it was generally easy to have an entire ship type or upgrade type on 1-2 sheets. This will obviously change with the new version.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Stacked in one row of the plano boxes I have for everything.

Come 2.0 I'm just going to use standard card boxes.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    I went with binders for cards as well. No ragerts.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Torn into tiny pieces and baked into a cake that was then consumed entirely by me.
    The cards are part of me, and I am part of the cards.

We will never be separated.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Torn into tiny pieces and baked into a cake that was then consumed entirely by me.

I'm one with the cards, the cards are with me.
    I'm one with the cards, the cards are with me.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7

... errata's kind of a bitch, though ...

Elvenshae wrote: »

Just print it out, make a new cake, consume the new cake.
    It works out in the end.

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I saw 20 unread post and became excited thinking we might have a new ship revealed.

I hate you all and hope you all throw blank dice.

oh h*ck
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Just print it out, make a new cake, consume the new cake.
    It works out in the end.

That gets you the new rules. You still need to get rid of the old ones.

The ones that are ... part ... of you.

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »
    ...I hate you all and hope you all throw blank dice.

Mods!

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    Turkson wrote: »
    I saw 20 unread post and became excited thinking we might have a new ship revealed.

I hate you all and hope you all throw blank dice.

No worries there!

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My X-Wing cards are in a binder.

My Armada cards are in one of those sirwillis boxes. It works for Armada because there are not as many cards. With X-Wing I have so many it is easier to look at them in binder pages.

However I almost never use my cards since I play entirely casual with one other person and we have just used printed out list from an online builder.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I decided not to keep my 1.0 cards and stuff so they're all in a recycling plant by now

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    !
    I would gladly "recycle" anyone's 1.0 stuff...

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    !

I assume by eating them like see317?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    One week!

I have to go into that box and pull out the bombs, shields, and evades since those are not included in the conversion kits and there aren't enough of the new ones in the core.

I uh

may have uh

just preordered the 3 conversion kits

and a fang fighter

and Lando's Falcon

ArcSyn wrote: »
    !

I assume by eating them like see317?

Cardboard is an important part of a high fiber diet.

My son wants to buy his own X-Wing ships. I told him he may have to wait a while as they're rebooting everything and the ships he wants may not be out for a while... :(

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Miniature Market has a bunch in stock still. If you’re looking for a few in particular I’d be happy to scope out a few FLGS in Raleigh and Fed Ex ‘em to you.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    Well yeah, there's that.

But he's looking at first order stuff like the special forces tie which isn't in any of the 2.0 conversion kits, right? Because now it's a separate faction?

So if I get more 1.0 stuff now, I'll need additional conversion kits instead of just waiting for the 2.0 release.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Ah gotcha. Yeah I think that's the case. If I had to take a shot in the dark my assumption would be a new core set and wave next year in either May or September to coincide with marketing for Episode IX.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    I would be surprised if we didn't get 2 new cores. One for current movies and one for PT

Finally got to play again tonight. Had the most frustrating dice, but in the end they came through.

Rolled 10 dice over 3 attacks one turn, needed 1 hit to kill. No hits.
    Next turn rolled 9 dice over 3 attacks, same ship, no hits.

Many, many turns later, rolled hits on every die that turn (7 I think over 3 attacks at range three) and did 3 damage to kill one and 1 damage to kill the last ship.

I think I had better performance hitting at range 3 than range 1 that game.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    My order shipped yesterday. It will arrive tomorrow!

Itshappening.gif

Anyone want to take a bet on how the launch party in Raleigh is going to go? I think I'm going to ask for a rain check...

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    Anyone want to take a bet on how the launch party in Raleigh is going to go? I think I'm going to ask for a rain check...

Mother nature confirmed Imperial player, fan of TIE punishers?

Out for delivery!

OK. I'm quasi-panicking right now because I'm not sure how I'm going to store my new cards...
    I plan on at least sleeving the damage deck and just keeping it in my plano, but not sure what to do with my pilot and upgrade cards.

• wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Do we know what size sleeves the conversion kits are going to need?

wonderpug wrote: »
    Do we know what size sleeves the conversion kits are going to need?

I think all of the cards are now the FFG grey size. (Damage decks are still yellow, I think.)

My preorder doesn't ship until tomorrow. :(

OK. I'm quasi-panicking right now because I'm not sure how I'm going to store my new cards...
    I plan on at least sleeving the damage deck and just keeping it in my plano, but not sure what to do with my pilot and upgrade cards.

I'm just using my binder pages for upgrade cards then pulling them out when needed. I probably won't individually sleeve them but I will the damage deck as that gets used way more.

I think all the cards are now the standard american. No mini ones. So whatever the 1.0 pilot cards were.

It was delivered!

I am still at work for a couple hours though...

I also ordered 400 hyper matte sleeves. May just use deck boxes for now. No news on my conversion kits yet, but I don't mind waiting a little bit.