As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Spider-Man] Speeder and Miles Webs Prower 10/20/23

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Suit power spoiler below.
    Iron Spider Suit actually has the legs. So fucking cool.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Looking to be just as good as Spidey fans were hoping.

I'm so happy to see all the reviews mentioning the story as being a notably good part of the game too. I cannot wait!

DemonStacey on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Not long now.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hmm, it seems to be available on Amazon again.

If I don't have Prime, what are the odds it gets to me on Friday?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Why does this come out on a Friday instead of a Tuesday like normal games? Wife is out of the house tonight, would be PERFECT.

Alright, order is in. Went with Best Buy instead because I pass it on the way home on Friday and I don't trust people to ship it on time for the weekend.

Also it weirdly came with a free copy of Destiny 2, but I guess Wario64 was tweeting about it yesterday. It's prob to drum up hype for the new expansion.

steam_sig.png

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Destiny 2 is also free on PS+. And D2 has been rotting on store shelves, so at this point most retailers just want to be rid of the excess stock.

• SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    After reading the reviews, I ended up cancelling my physical preorder and went through the PSN so that I could preload and make sure to play it come Friday promptly after work.

What a post

steam_sig.png

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    What a post
    Burst out laughing at this reaction at work. Thank you.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    After reading the reviews, I ended up cancelling my physical preorder and went through the PSN so that I could preload and make sure to play it come Friday promptly after work.

I ended up preordering a physical copy at Gamestop since they give you your copy Thursday night at 9.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    A lot of comic fans are excited about this game I hope they aren't disapointed. A friend of mine even bought the new costume (White Spider on the chest) so that he can wear it while playing. He hopes that we'll also have sex while wearing it. I hope he succeeds, it will be a nice story to tell after a few drinks.... Having sex in cosplay!
    vLFDB7U.gif

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    A lot of comic fans are excited about this game I hope they aren't disapointed. A friend of mine even bought the new costume (White Spider on the chest) so that he can wear it while playing. He hopes that we'll also have sex while wearing it. I hope he succeeds, it will be a nice story to tell after a few drinks.... Having sex in cosplay!

oooops I see how this may be a bit awkward. I meant to say He hopes that he'll also have sex while wearing it. Nothing against gay people. We are both heterosexuals

I don't know why but I genuinely can't stop laughing.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Why does this come out on a Friday instead of a Tuesday like normal games? Wife is out of the house tonight, would be PERFECT.

I was wondering the same thing, I'm jonesing pretty hard for this game. Genuinely annoyed they went to Friday with it for some bizarre reason.

We are both heterosexuals

Until you see him in that Spider-Suit.

ChaosHat wrote: »

I was wondering the same thing, I'm jonesing pretty hard for this game. Genuinely annoyed they went to Friday with it for some bizarre reason.

Well you're assuming that if it were Tuesday, that it would have been this Tuesday. It could have just as easily been next Tuesday.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The Insomniac suit with the white on it is pretty damn cool though. Some noticeable modifications/updates to the classic design while still being aesthetically charming in a familiar way, nothing too crazy.

If anybody is going to bone down in a Spider-Man costume, might aswell be that one.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    I mean, the full regular bodysuit is probably tough to remove for that activity.

steam_sig.png

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    215167036_n6KLX-1050x10000.jpg

215167565_NpdLF-1050x10000.jpg

Never has an old Penny Arcade comic ever been more relevant for a forum thread.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I was going to stick to D2 this weekend while my wife is away, but... after reading this thread... I may pick up Spider-Man on Friday. Because my wife will be away. ;-)

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    Suit stuff!
    The Dark Suit looks hella rad and I think that's what I will work towards. Going to move through the Spider-Armor suits first into Iron-Spider and then end on Dark Suit I think.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Damnit thread, you're making me want some man.

*cough*

... I mean Spider-Man.

I was pondering a pre-order, then figured I could probably get it over Christmas on a sale (or later, it's not like I lack things to fill my free time with at the moment), but now I'm tempted once more.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Do any of the preorder bonuses look "worth" it? Nebulous concept, sure, but since the suits powers can transfer I'm wondering if the preorder ones are any good.

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    According to my tracking number I should get this tomorrow. I'm excited.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Do any of the preorder bonuses look "worth" it? Nebulous concept, sure, but since the suits powers can transfer I'm wondering if the preorder ones are any good.

All of them look fun, in my opinion, and if you're going to buy the game anyway, why not get free stuff?

Oh did they do that thing where each retailer has one special pre-order bonus you can't get anywhere else?

steam_sig.png

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Oh did they do that thing where each retailer has one special pre-order bonus you can't get anywhere else?

No, you got the same pre-order bonuses no matter where you bought it so far as I know. Even just pre-ordering on PSN.

• Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    "Get me screenshots of Spiderman!"

Also note, the pre-order suits can be unlocked normally in game too.

You just get them earlier if you pre-order.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    This is so much fun! Unlocked at midnight and I've been loving it so far!

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Crosspost from SE++:

I was never sold on this game, not even after the E3 gameplay trailers and everything, but with the overwhelming hype, praise, and whatever else, I decided to go ahead and buy it. Now I just need to make sure I wake up at midnight.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Picking up at Best Buy now! They had a 9pm launch here for some reason

Picked up my copy during my break from work. So hyped about getting off in about an hour.

ze580k6fao77.gif

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    dancing Spider-Man gives me life.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Ugh, looks like the unlock rolls with the timezones, so stupid.

At least let me download it now so I can unlock it when it comes out and don't have to wait through the download.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    Ugh, looks like the unlock rolls with the timezones, so stupid.

At least let me download it now so I can unlock it when it comes out and don't have to wait through the download.

I've had it downloaded since yesterday to wait for the unlock. I just had to go to my download list on the PSN webstore and tell it to start.

Everyone who has this game before me is a jerk

steam_sig.png

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Early game spoilers
    I love that he starts on the classic suit

Also Doc Ock just casually emailing about Peter making suits seems like a horrible idea. Doc would know better I think haha

• InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    Early game spoilers
    I love that he starts on the classic suit

Also Doc Ock just casually emailing about Peter making suits seems like a horrible idea. Doc would know better I think haha
    I didn't see any emails from Otto to Peter. Where were those. I do like that there were actual puzzles in the lab. Makes things more interesting to me.