As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

World War Hulk Thread: Non-Retarded Version

1293031323335»

• ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So I read through the first 48 pages and didn't see any mention of it so I thought I'd just go ahead and ask....What'd everybody else think of Punisher War Journal #12? I didn't read many WWH tie-ins but I REALLY liked this one and I just like this book. The only thing that disappointed me was when I was first flipping through it after I bought it I just happened to see Frank in the symbiote armor and thought that part of the issue was also a Mighty Avengers Symbiote Bomb tie-in. Alas it was only awesome and not FUCKIN' AWESOME. I also think this issue handled non-evacuated citizens much, much better than the heavy-handed approach in Frontline.

ZombieAsuma on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Punisher War Journal #12 was my single issue of the year.

DarkPrimus on
    edited December 2007
    Yeah I think that's obvious based on your sweet signature. Punisher was such a bad-ass in that issue that I think he could have taken the Hulk in a knife fight liked it showed on the cover.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Not to diss Frank Castle or anything, but we all saw what Hulk did at the Xavier institute. They had alot of "stabby" weapons themselves and look how that turned out.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    FWOCKA-FWOCKA-FWOCKA-FWOCKA-FWOCKA-FWOCKA-FWOCKA-FWOCKA

Sharp101 on
    edited January 2008
    Okay since something turns Hulk red for some reason or another what does everyone think part three of the Hulk trilogy is going to be about?

ZombieAsuma on
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Part Three is supposed to be about Skaar, the hulks son.

As to Red hulk: we're in uncharted territory. Every time a hulk of a different shade/appearance has manifested, They've represented aspects of bruce's fragmented sense of self.

Gaddez on
    edited January 2008
    Ah, interesting. So is the Skaar series a mini or an ongoing?

ZombieAsuma on
    edited January 2008
    Ah, interesting. So is the Skaar series a mini or an ongoing?

No idea. It is most likely going to either be a mini, or it will be what is in the Incredible Hulk after Incredible Herc.

DarkPrimus on
    edited January 2008
    If I'm really friendly and give money to charity and help old ladies cross the street you think I can get a gun that fires knives for my birthday?

ZombieAsuma on
    edited January 2008
    If I'm really friendly and give money to charity and help old ladies cross the street you think I can get a gun that fires knives for my birthday?

That reminds me: Who had the sig pic of Orson Randell firing his guns at all those HYDRA goons?

I need it to create a new, improved signature.

DarkPrimus on
    edited January 2008
    Is it wrong of me to not like Amadeus Cho? I liked him at first but I slowly began to hate him.

ZombieAsuma on
    edited January 2008
    Is it wrong of me to not like Amadeus Cho? I liked him at first but I slowly began to hate him.

As long as you don't start hating on Herc.

DarkPrimus on
    edited January 2008
    Herc will always be cool because he knows how to use the hot keys.

ZombieAsuma on
    edited January 2008
    Yes.

DarkPrimus on
    edited January 2008
    I've gotta be the only person who remembers that joke....Herc got so into his new identity from Civil War that he actually learned how to program computers.

ZombieAsuma on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

As long as you don't start hating on Herc.

That's just not acceptable.

The Muffin Man on
    edited January 2008
    I've gotta be the only person who remembers that joke....Herc got so into his new identity from Civil War that he actually learned how to program computers.

It's always stuck in my mind. He's better at computers than Angel.

DarkPrimus on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I keep meaning to scan that page and make it my boss' desktop when he's not looking. It drives me nuts whenever I see his cursor aim for the top of the page.

And if he won't listen to me, by God he will listen to Herc.

Crimsondude on
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I already figured out Red Hulk. Tony and Reed clone Hulk like Thor. Tony has his pigment turned red jsut like he recolored the helicarrier or made that lame color scheme for the Iron Spider suit to show he owns it, him (if a person). They still haven't ironed the bugs out of Clor, so Red Hulk goes around killing everything, and there's no Sentry to stop the Red one since they wasted him on Banner.

/sarcasm

Heh, although I wouldn't be surprised if government dickery isn't the cause of Hulk going red.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    edited January 2008
    I already figured out Red Hulk. Tony and Reed clone Hulk like Thor. Tony has his pigment turned red jsut like he recolored the helicarrier or made that lame color scheme for the Iron Spider suit to show he owns it, him (if a person). They still haven't ironed the bugs out of Clor, so Red Hulk goes around killing everything, and there's no Sentry to stop the Red one since they wasted him on Banner.

/sarcasm

Heh, although I wouldn't be surprised if government dickery isn't the cause of Hulk going red.

So this would be... Clulk then?

Gaddez on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm thinking that Red Hulk will be some sort of manifestation of the guilt and self hate he must be feeling about trashing New York.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    BigDes wrote: »
    I'm thinking that Red Hulk will be some sort of manifestation of the guilt and self hate he must be feeling about trashing New York.

I doubt that only because he kept the destruction localized until the "heroes" starting knocking him around the area. Sentry vaporized a few city blocks and that was more then Hulk's entire group did.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    edited January 2008
    Oh hey since its also a Loeb book they could make it a tie-in to that Onslaught mini that I hear is still going....that wouldn't be a terrible idea or anything. Especially considering I didn't believe the Onslaught mini was real until i saw it on the shelf.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

/sarcasm

No see what happens is that Hulk gets so angry, ... he turns red.

And then joins the Red Lantern Corps.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

edited January 2008
    Alternatley, this hulk could be powered by love!

Gaddez on
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Alternatley, this hulk could be powered by love!

No thats pink, or purple ie: Saphire Corps.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

I doubt that only because he kept the destruction localized until the "heroes" starting knocking him around the area. Sentry vaporized a few city blocks and that was more then Hulk's entire group did.

I guess. I'm just thinking about his final words in WWH, that the only person he hates more than The Illuminati is himself.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

I guess. I'm just thinking about his final words in WWH, that the only person he hates more than The Illuminati is himself.

Don't we already have like, Devil Hulk or something for suppressed guilt? The scaly, reptilian one.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

Well, at least in the mythology, Herk was actually pretty damned clever.

He just had the wisdom of a stump and would go apeshit once he got some booze in him.

Incenjucar on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

I just got this image of Herc as Nick Burns (Youtube it).

"I think if we just reformat it..."
    "Don't be a winged fool, Warren! I have not backed up any documents!"
    "Well, then w-"
    "Silence! What are your powers!?"
    "...Flight, healing blood."
    "Is that all? So nothing COMPUTER related? You are not a Technopath?"
    "Well, No..."
    "THEN SHALL WE LET THE PROFESSIONALS DO THEIR JOB?"

The Muffin Man on
  • Jessie GarrettJessie Garrett Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I think that they should have gone a different direction with World War Hulk.
    Basically its a matter of "Where do we go from here?" My idea would have been to have Hulk come back to Earth kick everyone ass and then when the traitor is revealed, and all the battle is over he turns to the Hero's, And tells them "Ok you don't have all the blame, But I'll always hate you" and "I'm done with you puny humans" and then he gets on his Stone starship with all his alien buddies and perhaps the humans who want to follow him ..
    AND HE LEAVES THE PLANET!!!!

Then you have a whole new direction for hulk stories. Him and his crew wander the universe getting in adventures. Hulk can then fight superstrong/tough aliens that can give him a fight. And then THEN every once and awhile he returns to earth

Picture it some super threat to the marvel universe comes along "Umnipotus" or some such sillyness and all the hero's must team up to fight him/ it. The battle seems lost, Umnipotus stands above all the worlds defeated heros triumphant then you turn the page and BAM! big splash of the Hulk on his stone starship comming to kick ass!!

But instead we get hulk locked underground in a bubble tube and then a RED HULK LATER!!! wooooooo

Jessie Garrett on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    why would the hulk give a shit about earth if he decided to leave?

Angry on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    While it's only marginally related to WWH, in a What If kinda way, I liked the Exiles this week.

Summary:
    In a What If universe, the Annihiliation Wave found Hulk in space and tried to recruit him. He killed Annihilus and took over instead, and directed the Wave at Earth. Now, the Exiles were supposed to save Iron Man's crew from a ship crash in the defense, but they were busy chasing Proteus around at the time and IM's team died, causing Hulk to take over and the Wave to kill millions of people, including almost all superhumans. A League of Losers-esque team is all that remains and tries to contact the Exiles to help them. Instead they end up getting directed to recruit a new Exiles team to replace the team that died:
    Quentin Quire/Kid Omega from the Annhilation Hulk universe
    Nighthawk from the universe where Evil Hyperion killed all the heroes back when
    The Spitfire armor chick from New Universe (as an Iron Man replacement)
    Wild Child from AoA
    Iron Fist Luke Cage from the Phalanx-infected universe (now cleared thanks to Exiles)

I hope there's a followup on this one-shot team cause it looks more awesome than the regular Exiles have been in a while.

Scooter on
  • Jessie GarrettJessie Garrett Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Maybe he just wants to kick the big Bad's ass before it destroys the rest of the universe.

Hows that?

Or he still has some friends on earth. Ie Rick Jones, whatever I mean its still his birthplanet.
    Basically the point is this. WHY would he want to stay here on earth. I mean how do you follow up a story like him and Sentrys fight and still have him on earth?

Jessie Garrett on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    While it's only marginally related to WWH, in a What If kinda way, I liked the Exiles this week.

Summary:
    In a What If universe, the Annihiliation Wave found Hulk in space and tried to recruit him. He killed Annihilus and took over instead, and directed the Wave at Earth. Now, the Exiles were supposed to save Iron Man's crew from a ship crash in the defense, but they were busy chasing Proteus around at the time and IM's team died, causing Hulk to take over and the Wave to kill millions of people, including almost all superhumans. A League of Losers-esque team is all that remains and tries to contact the Exiles to help them. Instead they end up getting directed to recruit a new Exiles team to replace the team that died:
    Quentin Quire/Kid Omega from the Annhilation Hulk universe
    Nighthawk from the universe where Evil Hyperion killed all the heroes back when
    The Spitfire armor chick from New Universe (as an Iron Man replacement)
    Wild Child from AoA
    Iron Fist Luke Cage from the Phalanx-infected universe (now cleared thanks to Exiles)

I hope there's a followup on this one-shot team cause it looks more awesome than the regular Exiles have been in a while.

See this? This is why I still have mad man-love for Chris Claremont.

Crimsondude on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, I was actually coming in here to post about it.

Both Quentin and Iron Fist Powered Luke Cage are fucking awesome.

I also love most of the 'teen' heroes that survived hulk's wrath. (Wiccan, Patriot, etc.)

Sharp101 on