As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] You're Not Crazy: Cutest Molaihts Now Cost Super Mitboost Gates

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited September 2018 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

PA LFG:
We've frequently had requests for some kind of in-game PA LFG system, especially because it can be difficult or intimidating or a hassle to try to coordinate via console messages when you don't know who's riding solo and who is looking to group up with others. By popular demand and suggestion, we're trying a new system to address this. If you see someone rocking the below emblem, it means that they are looking to play with others:

cq1ldwoo8o76.jpg
How do you get this emblem? Simple:
1. Visit https://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption.
2. Redeem code xfvkhpn97, which will give you The Visionary emblem. It will show up in-game (may require logging out then back in).
3. Set the emblem when you are LFG. This way, others see that you are looking to group up and can direct requests to you - or just join on you!
4. Once you're grouped up, feel free to change the emblem back to whatever you'd like.

Join the Clan!:
We have three separate clan pages on Bungie.net (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @shryke (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice. Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. We're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread, so general policy is to keep an eye on inactivity through this excellent tool developed by our very own @Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) - and to make room for active players when possible. Because we're at war with Bungie's 100-person cap, membership is restricted to forumers.
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

Other PA PS4 Clans
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4 (Contact @Celian, @Marikir and/or @Dajoran)
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One (Contact @ObiFett, @awsimo and/or @dinoarus)
Pax Arcadia - PC (Contact @3clipse)

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.

mtgw9ynhy72p.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Ah that new thread smell.

Really digging the game so far. Played for a few hours last night, lots of fun moments and neat areas in the map. Haven't finished the story yet, but I'll get there.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    This is the best DLC because I have been running around as Titan Robin Hood ever since I got a bow.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Lore Hunting is the Best Hunting.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    twmjr wrote: »
    This is the best DLC because I have been running around as Titan Robin Hood ever since I got a bow.

The bow you get early on is the first and only thing I have infused so far. The requirement of masterwork cores means I won’t be infusing on the fly anymore since the prices of buying them from the Spider ramp up really quickly. On the plus side, his prices reset daily, so it’s only really going to be a bottleneck early on.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I am loving Forsaken so far. Hopefully the end game loop is fruitful. So far it appears promising.

From a Titan perspective, they really nailed the power fantasy. I chose the Maul as my first super and I haven't regretted it. The damn thing is fun. On top of that, the hammer throw melee is hilarious as well. The clear "BONK" sound you hear when you dome a dreg is one of the most satisfying things.

Definitely gunning for Sentinel next.

Vladimer on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Did anyone manage to do the LL540 bounty from Spider? I heard it's doable but hard as long as you're at the soft cap or higher

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Never realized how much you banter with Cayde in older strikes. Lot of banter.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Void Blade has been all I ever wanted since I started using it

I don't know if I like as much as Arc Blade but it's a really fun and fast super.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I finally took the opportunity to start up my titan with the level boost

While I think I definitely prefer the other class abilities to the barricade

Shoulder charge is the sickest shit

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »

The fun never wears off, either. Get your hands on an Insurmountable Skullfort and never again worry about your shoulder charge being on cooldown.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The new Striker melee, where you sprint and jump and slam down, also benefits enormously from Skullfort (though it doesn't give grenade energy)

It's harder to pull off but it has a bigger AOE and recharges your super. Being able to chain it is very nice.

Also, stick with barricades. Being able to build instant cover is really valuable, and the rally barricade totally removes the need to reload so it's amazing for burning down bosses. Rally + sleeper Simulant is a quick kill on almost every boss I've fought

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    GOD I am dying here not even able to touch my lvl 20 main and catch up yet.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Does Leviathan give powerful drops?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Void Blade has been all I ever wanted since I started using it

I don't know if I like as much as Arc Blade but it's a really fun and fast super.

It's the spammiest super I've ever used. I love it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

The barricade is really good and is on a pretty low cooldown. Use towering barricade in basically all circumstances except a DPS phase and you basically throw it up to keep fire off yourself.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I read something about a note to level alts... Do I get that upon completion of the campaign?

Also, what exactly does it unlock?

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

The barricade is really good and is on a pretty low cooldown. Use towering barricade in basically all circumstances except a DPS phase and you basically throw it up to keep fire off yourself.

I used to agree but after the change I think Rallying is straight up better in all circumstances. It's a mini Luna rift on a faster cooldown.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I think the rally barricade is better if you're good at the game, and the towering barricade is good if you're bad at the game (like me)

Oh no, I did my striker melee into a pit full of twenty enemies. I'd better hide in a corner behind this barricade until my health recharges so I can do it again!

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Mucking around with rally barricade, it feel so much better now that it autoreloads instead of having to crouch

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    I read something about a note to level alts... Do I get that upon completion of the campaign?

Also, what exactly does it unlock?

i noticed an icon next to my alts when logging in earlier today. not sure if it was triggered by finishing the campaign, or just took a while to show up due to launch day technical hitches.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    So I'm actually starting to feel kind of ill -- as in take work off sort of ill.

But I'm screwed because people at work know I really like Destiny

They will all think I'm just faffing off to play and I can't even blame them. Gahhhh

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

I used to agree but after the change I think Rallying is straight up better in all circumstances. It's a mini Luna rift on a faster cooldown.

There's a ton of situations where not having to reload is far less useful then getting out of the line of fire. In encounters where you even need to bother pulling a barricade out, the dps loss from reloading is in my experience rarely the limiting factor.

I think the rally barricade is better if you're good at the game, and the towering barricade is good if you're bad at the game (like me)

Oh no, I did my striker melee into a pit full of twenty enemies. I'd better hide in a corner behind this barricade until my health recharges so I can do it again!

If you don't need towering barricade to save your ass, you aren't titaning properly. Go deeper!

• Options
    Mucking around with rally barricade, it feel so much better now that it autoreloads instead of having to crouch

It's just kinda weird now though since it basically just eliminates the point of the shape of the barricade itself. Also fucks with certain perks like Lunafactions does, which can be annoying.

I honestly have no idea why they made the change. Was tapping crouch really a huge hassle on a controller or something?

• Options

It's just kinda weird now though since it basically just eliminates the point of the shape of the barricade itself. Also fucks with certain perks like Lunafactions does, which can be annoying.

I honestly have no idea why they made the change. Was tapping crouch really a huge hassle on a controller or something?

Not sure how it is on PC but the crouch/reload mechanic on console does feel kinda weird, yeah.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    oh god, now that i've migrated to PC i'm so much worse at PvP than I used to be on Xbox

:(:(:(

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I started Warmind last night.

I was 80 to 100 power over the recommendation in CoO and it made things easy-fun. This DLC is tuned very differently and I started it at 305 with a "recommended" power level of 320. So, yeah. Getting through the very first mission was ... challenging. I've read elsewhere that the entire campaign is only about an hour long, but I've spent more than that already on the very first mini-boss fight. Plus, cabal. My least favorite enemy. I don't know why, but something about their model design makes it really difficult for me to hit precision shots. So, there's that too.

I ended up equipping stupid mis-matched gear with pointless bonuses, just to get my light level up to 320. That helped a little. But it was still a slog to get through. Pretty much all of the enemies here have a little red exclamation point next to their health bars - which I assume is the game's way of alerting me that I'm pitifully under-powered for this content.

I did get a couple of bounties done in the process. I think I might need to grind easy strikes (assuming those still pop), or just work on the flashpoint or do something "low level" until I get my power up to 340-ish. Because banging into this brick wall is not the most enjoyable experience.

26904.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Elki wrote: »
    Does Leviathan give powerful drops?

I thought they had mentioned that it would in an interview? I think they mentioned they wanted to keep the old raids somewhat relevant still?

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Titan Superman acquisition put the biggest smile on my face, just launching from light well to light well, taking everything out as I went. Ridiculously fun.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Question about new Titan subclass paths: do any of them have Shoulder Charge?

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    oh god, now that i've migrated to PC i'm so much worse at PvP than I used to be on Xbox

:(:(:(

Yeah, the big downside to PC is that PvP is full of crouch-bobbing fuckers who can like spin and snipe you instantly. Really annoying.

• Options
    GMaster7 wrote: »

No. Although the new Striker has a jump-into-the-air-and-slam-down attack.

The way it's set up each element gets 1 tree with shoulder charge and they all already have one.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    ok so quick question.

a buddy and I are power level ~410. We've killed 3 of the 6 barons. The next ones are PL 420, 430, 450 (or something like that).

how the hell do you get your power level up that high since the campaign isn't naturally doing it. am I missing something?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    ok so quick question.

a buddy and I are power level ~410. We've killed 3 of the 6 barons. The next ones are PL 420, 430, 450 (or something like that).

how the hell do you get your power level up that high since the campaign isn't naturally doing it. am I missing something?

I hit this roadblock too, haven’t even gone after the first baron yet. I guess we’re just meant to do public events/do some milestones in the meantime?

Which, I did some public events on earth last night and didn’t get any percentage toward the edz... challenge? Milestone? It’s really obnoxious how our “to do” list is now spread across like four different places

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    ok so quick question.

I hit this roadblock too, haven’t even gone after the first baron yet. I guess we’re just meant to do public events/do some milestones in the meantime?

Which, I did some public events on earth last night and didn’t get any percentage toward the edz... challenge? Milestone? It’s really obnoxious how our “to do” list is now spread across like four different places

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the Milestone changes.

But I was in the same position -- I did the Daily Heroic and then finished up the EDZ flashpoint and that got me to 387. So just do other activities until you're leveled up.

Also question re: the spark of light or whatever, will I get one even if I don't already have a second character? Like so I can then create one and level it up?

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I would say that if you aren't just naturally leveling up via blues (up til 500), you are just unlucky.

However, a really good source of easy upgrade blues and EXP is a region chest.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    do a match of crucible to get a 500 LL piece too, that helps bump up

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    you also might want to do the early round of Spider's lost sector bounties. it's purps before the soft cap but if you're looking for a quick bump I would say do those.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    I started Warmind last night.

I was 80 to 100 power over the recommendation in CoO and it made things easy-fun. This DLC is tuned very differently and I started it at 305 with a "recommended" power level of 320. So, yeah. Getting through the very first mission was ... challenging. I've read elsewhere that the entire campaign is only about an hour long, but I've spent more than that already on the very first mini-boss fight. Plus, cabal. My least favorite enemy. I don't know why, but something about their model design makes it really difficult for me to hit precision shots. So, there's that too.

I ended up equipping stupid mis-matched gear with pointless bonuses, just to get my light level up to 320. That helped a little. But it was still a slog to get through. Pretty much all of the enemies here have a little red exclamation point next to their health bars - which I assume is the game's way of alerting me that I'm pitifully under-powered for this content.

I did get a couple of bounties done in the process. I think I might need to grind easy strikes (assuming those still pop), or just work on the flashpoint or do something "low level" until I get my power up to 340-ish. Because banging into this brick wall is not the most enjoyable experience.

You are correct. If you're underleveled like you are, just poke around and do non-story things like flashpoints, crucible, etc. You'll get good enough gear in no time and then you can go back to story mission stuff.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    So I got to play for about two hours last night. I made it through two missions. That's not much! That's 'cause I spent over an hour just fucking around with the tabs, collections, etc. I cleaned out my vault and ditched most of my shaders.

It felt fucking amazing.

The UI matters just so much in this game, man, and Forsaken really feels like they got it (mostly) right. Printing new guns, quicker shader management, just all of it feels good. There's a couple rough edges, but just being able to see my stuff and have different things to chase...good times.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

No. Although the new Striker has a jump-into-the-air-and-slam-down attack.

The way it's set up each element gets 1 tree with shoulder charge and they all already have one.

GMaster being a D1 player would recognise this as Death from Above

Aka

The Code of the Missle Melee attack is a striker super from D1

This discussion has been closed.