As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] You're Not Crazy: Cutest Molaihts Now Cost Super Mitboost Gates

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Does Leviathan give powerful drops?

I thought they had mentioned that it would in an interview? I think they mentioned they wanted to keep the old raids somewhat relevant still?

This is a pretty important thing to know. From what I can tell the raid will be 540+ and while there are quite a few powerful rewards opportunities outside of Leviathan, it's gonna be an issue to hit 540+ by next Friday.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    afforded myself some fashion

DmWNCcXUYAEz8dH.jpg:large

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    never mind. my b

Commodore75 on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    ok so quick question.

a buddy and I are power level ~410. We've killed 3 of the 6 barons. The next ones are PL 420, 430, 450 (or something like that).

how the hell do you get your power level up that high since the campaign isn't naturally doing it. am I missing something?

500 is the soft cap so you should just naturally get there as you keep playing the game. Might take a bit though.

I did the first 3 or so missions and went from about 390 to about 420-430 range I think.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    So shaders are stored in collections now also and it's safe to delete?

Also, whats the deal with Triumphs and the score that comes from activating a Triumph pane?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    I haven't fully unlocked Sentinel: Code of the Commander but so far it's ... interesting.

It's definitely a tree that relies on synergies to feel different. Either with your teammates, for the "new" super, or with later in the tree itself for everything else.

The new super, Banner Shield, on it's own is exactly the same. You get it and it's the same as top-tree (ie - punchy-shieldy-ward-of-dawn sentinel). Strap your doomfangs on and go around being captain america. In a group it's more interesting. Pop guard and you get a big ass shield in front of you. I haven't experimented a ton yet but it doesn't seem to do anything when you pass it over enemies. People shooting through it seem to get a pretty solid damage boost from a very safe spot. I was using it in Gambit against the Primeval and it was doing some fucking work it seemed to me. I can't test the numbers by myself though sadly so we gonna have to wait for some video guides for exactly how it works.

The melee, Tactical Strike, on it's own is basically nothing too. You punch someone and it releases a fairly large aoe shockwave that does devastatingly pathetic damage. Like, maybe half a Cabal Legionnaire's healthbar. Won't even kill a Psion on it's own.

The big change comes when you get Controlled Demolition next. Hitting with void abilities attaches void detonators to targets. You can then hit them again to blow up the detonator. I think this thing can chain? Honestly, the thing here is that I'm not sure because it's actually really tough to test this playing through the story because it has a tendency to immediately kill EVERYTHING. There is nothing left alive to test stuff on most times. Like literally, you walk up, you punch something with your melee ability and then everything within like 30 feet explodes. I think I'm gonna have to go to the Leviathan and test this shit in the Castellum to see what it actually does.

• Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Also, whats the deal with Triumphs and the score that comes from activating a Triumph pane?

Triumphs are mostly a number you can make bigger. It's just for tracking stuff for fun mostly. There's lore cards for some of it too, but most stuff is just achievements basically.

And yes, Shaders are stored in your collection and can be pulled at any time but they still cost resources afaik. Generally stuff costs more to pull then you get back from dismantling though, so don't delete stuff you want to use if you want to save some bright dust.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if this had been posted yet or not but be aware that now linked into your Triumph's is Bungie Rewards.

Go to the Bungie website to see it (should be listed as a link when you click on your profile pic top right corner, but it's also currently highlighted on the front page).

When you complete the campaign you can get the Forsaken and Whisper of the Worm mission soundtracks for free through it. (It's pretty rad)

Forsaken soundtrack is 32 tracks and there are 2 for the Whisper of the Worm mission.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    So I’m at the 500 soft cap. Is now a good time to just go ahead and turn in all the tokens I’ve been hoarding like an interstellar Scrooge McDuck?

awsimo on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    So I’m at the 500 soft cap. Is now a good time to just go ahead and turn in all the tokens I’ve been hoarding like an interstellar Scrooge McDuck?

only if you want a bunch of 500 Y1 things. If you have sets incomplete and such.

Otherwise, it isn't going to raise your power level any, and none of the gear will have perks, etc.

So basically mass amounts of shards/materials, if you so desire.

The alternative would be to hold onto them until 600 (it might be awhile...the power bumps from each powerful seems really low) and then blow them for infusion fodder.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    MenasorMenasor Registered User regular

only if you want a bunch of 500 Y1 things. If you have sets incomplete and such.

Otherwise, it isn't going to raise your power level any, and none of the gear will have perks, etc.

The alternative would be to hold onto them until 600 (it might be awhile...the power bumps from each powerful seems really low) and then blow them for infusion fodder.

You should get new gear from the planet vendors right? If nothing else you'll work up a lot of shards and gunsmith mats, hopefully some cores.

Ya gonna be awhile to 600. The climb from 500 to 600 is intended to last most of us a year. The power cap isn't raising again until the next big DLC (if there is one... maybe it will be Destiny 3).

Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Triumphs are mostly a number you can make bigger. It's just for tracking stuff for fun mostly. There's lore cards for some of it too, but most stuff is just achievements basically.

And yes, Shaders are stored in your collection and can be pulled at any time but they still cost resources afaik. Generally stuff costs more to pull then you get back from dismantling though, so don't delete stuff you want to use if you want to save some bright dust.

Only Eververse shaders cost Bright Dust; other ones cost either glimmer, shards, or a combo thereof. You can see in the collections tab what each costs. Bright Dust shaders cost 40 to buy and 10 to sell, so don't ditch those if you want to use them in the future.

What I did was ditch most/all of my non-Bright Dust ones, since I'm swimming in shards and don't mind burning a few if I want to re-buy any of those. For the BD ones, I ditched them if I didn't like them, figuring on the off-chance I'll want them in the future I'll just re-buy them. Tidiness is worth more to me than Bright Dust, basically.

Another good idea if you're a shader whore (ahem), is be sure to buy just one every time Tess sells a new one. That way it's unlocked in your collection, and you can then re-print it if you ever wanna use it and need more than just one (costs the same to reprint as it does to buy directly from her).

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Menasor wrote: »

You should get new gear from the planet vendors right? If nothing else you'll work up a lot of shards and gunsmith mats, hopefully some cores.

Ya gonna be awhile to 600. The climb from 500 to 600 is intended to last most of us a year. The power cap isn't raising again until the next big DLC (if there is one... maybe it will be Destiny 3).

The planet people just list their Y1 stuff in the engrams.

I suppose there might be a small chance at Y2 gear? I'm sure someone's dropped tons of tokens and would know.

The only vendors I dropped tons of tokens into were Shaxx and Zavala; the former is for sure bugged and won't drop the class armor, and Zavala seemed to be also, as I burned all of my tokens on both and ended up without the titan mark on both, before I found out this morning it's a known problem. :rotate:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    just a heads up, you can only hold 10 Ghost Fragments at a time, so grab those Spider bounties as and when you can. you've got all week to do them so no rush on that part but no sense leaving resources on the ground.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I spent tokens at Banshee-44 and got a Y2 Eystien-D.

Is there even Y2 armor in the game at all?

26904.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    I spent tokens at Banshee-44 and got a Y2 Eystien-D.

Is there even Y2 armor in the game at all?

Zavala gave me a year 2 chest piece so, yes?

Also, great time for a internet outage Verizon. You're just fucking wonderful there.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Awesome, apparently they were doing construction a road over and dug up a fiber line. Great timing for the day I actually take off to just screw around and destiny all day.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    *Just unlocked the other half of the expansion* haha Yooooo Destiny's back on the menu baby!

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Sure must be cool to play this game *glares at job/family/adult responsibilities*

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so i think i found what a lot of people will be spending their glimmer on, post-campaign spoilers just to be safe,
    once you get into the Dreaming City, Petra sells a raid consumable that gives your fireteam Super energy and Heavy ammo. costs 5000 glimmer or 3 Legendary Shards but definitely seeing being used more as a glimmer sink.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Got my favorite D1 titan helm to drop. Decent perks too!

5y9vstyezho2.jpg

EDIT: also, hallowfire heart with a fully charged super is ridiculous.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    That mask always looks like it has a tiny mouth, like that Titan just ate something sour

Or salty

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I made it to
    the Dreaming City!

update
    OH GOD EVERYTHING HERE HURTS

awsimo on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Oh man, I loved that helm too!

zwjo5vicdlq5.png

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Killing an invader before they can kill anyone is the most satisfying fucking thing.

"I'm here to cause trouble!" No you fuckin' ain't.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I would argue that the most satisfying thing is ending a public event by using your missile super and Supermanning right into a servitor, which explodes dramatically

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    The post-Campaign content is pretty dang overwhelming. I'm increasingly less sure that removing the Milestones Tab was correct, and there's frankly way too much shit that gets thrown into the Pursuits bucket.

That they crafted this rad Collections/Triumphs pages and didn't think to bring back the Quests page is rude as hell. Also rude: after reading a lore page and dismissing it, it jettisons you back to Triumphs page.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    alright fine, I went to Gamestop and traded in a bunch of stuff to get the Legendary collection so I can play this. It also came with a neat deck of playing cards, not the highest quality cards but the art is cool, each number/face is a different baron or character and the Jokers are Drifter and Spider.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Bow+melee is insane. It’s like a shotgun for folks who don’t like shotguns.

I wonder if the other quicker charging bows can pull it off without a headshot, probably not, but the Petra bow can and it makes bows literally the only weapon you need.

I’m trying to figure out what to pair with it an I can’t. Maybe single shot launchers but there’s almost no situation I wouldn’t rather bow in once I’m rolling

Down side is I’m really not feeling new void walker tree. The new ult seems to be the most easily countered. I couldn’t even catch a dude running from me. It doesn’t have the dodge spam of the arc blade and it pretty much loses any ult v ult fight

And the loss of invis on sprint for the invis plus wall hacks on duck head shot is pretty bad. Maybe top tier players can take advantage but for me it’s situational at best

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular

If you're below the 500 soft cap would these vendor items drop as upgrades? Because I'm only at ~380 light and have a pile of obsolete rep tokens that I could just turn in now to speed up my leveling process if that method works.

Also I'm assuming that I should save any "powerful" engrams until I hit 500 light (or until the end of the week if I don't hit 500 by then) yeah?

My characters all started forsaken lower than everyone else because I took a hiatus since Osiris. Starting Forsaken at ~340 light; my warlock is at around 380 now.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    i didn't realize all the planetary tokens would become useless, i figured we would be able to turn em into materials somehow.

i guess buying up old armor and dismantling it is kind of making them into materials

• Options
    tweaked my look. Got my favorite D1 helmet and slapped it in with the shaders. Works hella well with the whole flying bug look

Destiny_2_20180905163923.jpg

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    i didn't realize all the planetary tokens would become useless, i figured we would be able to turn em into materials somehow.

i guess buying up old armor and dismantling it is kind of making them into materials

I believe you can still turn them in for rep, you just can't earn them anymore. Planetary materials have basically taken the place of the old rep tokens. On Planets anyways, I think vanguard and crucible tokens are still a thing.

• Options
    Disrupter wrote: »

I wonder if the other quicker charging bows can pull it off without a headshot, probably not, but the Petra bow can and it makes bows literally the only weapon you need.

I’m trying to figure out what to pair with it an I can’t. Maybe single shot launchers but there’s almost no situation I wouldn’t rather bow in once I’m rolling

I paired the Petra bow with the Ikelos SMG last night and it was hilarious

https://youtu.be/DdkUMqXuSSc

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Hello, yes, my name is GMaster7, and I am a big fan of the Destiny fashion, and I am wanting to be seeing more of these fashions, yes?

I took screenshots of a bunch of you guys on the day or two before Forsaken, so... I'm eager to see what looks up get up to.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »

I paired the Petra bow with the Ikelos SMG last night and it was hilarious

https://youtu.be/DdkUMqXuSSc

I don’t have that SMG yet :(

I do have scholastic variable which I hear is almost as good.

I also got what I consider to be the best hand cannon I’ve seen yet. Better Devils with hip fire and range finder. Any range I’m pretty well covered. First time I’ve ever felt good 1v1 using a HC. Would love to pair it with an eventual energy bow

616610-1.png
  • Options
    I dumped a bunch of Gun parts to get a secondary Bow, very worth it

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    okay, so turning in tokens will get you higher light rewards. just turned in all my titan tokens and went from like 380 to 400. even got a 404 titan mark, so i only assume i could keep going if i went to other planet venders.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    okay, so turning in tokens will get you higher light rewards. just turned in all my titan tokens and went from like 380 to 400. even got a 404 titan mark, so i only assume i could keep going if i went to other planet venders.

The current "Soft Cap", referring to where gains will halt outside of Powerful Rewards, is LL500. Prior to that almost every drop should offer some gain unless it's redundant.

• Options

I just did this too, but they are Y1 versions.

So good for leveling light but for temporary use at best

This discussion has been closed.