As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You play video games on a [Nintendo], right?

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Oh fuck.

Zen pinball just announced that it has acquired the Bally/Williams license!

I guess this could be expected, but it is still cool to see. Right now only 4 tables announced. I'm sure the game will get all my money shortly.

That will be interesting to see how those play. Zen Pinball has good video pinball physics, but that feels completely different from the real world/simulation physics Farsight studios had for their Bally/Williams tables.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    Oh fuck.

Zen pinball just announced that it has acquired the Bally/Williams license!

I guess this could be expected, but it is still cool to see. Right now only 4 tables announced. I'm sure the game will get all my money shortly.

That will be interesting to see how those play. Zen Pinball has good video pinball physics, but that feels completely different from the real world/simulation physics Farsight studios had for their Bally/Williams tables.

I was thinking the same thing. Zen Pinball feels amazing to play, BUT real pinball is about draining your quarters as much as possible.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    I've much preferred Pinball Arcade over Zen Pinball before, but I'm not sure how much of that is preferring the physics, versus preferring the real life tables (I think Zen Pinball's tables are generally awful, full of style over substance). I might check this out.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    The beta is available on the PC version. The physics engine for the real tables is very different from the normal Zen ones. To me it felt better than Pinball Arcade and definitely looked better.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So there's a direct tomorrow. Switch and 3DS .

Probably online service focused

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Oh right that's launching soon, huh

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    What are the games that will actually be affected? Mostly Splatoon, right?

And Smash when that comes out, presumably

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    What are the games that will actually be affected? Mostly Splatoon, right?

And Smash when that comes out, presumably

Mario Kart, Arms, Dragon Ball FighterZ, everyone's favorite game Morphie's Law

oh also Fortnite

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    right, jeez, I forgot about

Most of those games

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The big rumor is Overwatch is launching with the service I assume with Nintendo skins or something to encourage double dipping

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    sounds incredibly unlikely considering they said earlier in the year that the tech level of the switch probably wasn't there and recently the diablo 3 switch producer gave a half-hearted "it's feasible, but it's up to the team" answer to if an overwatch switch port would be coming

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Show me Animal Crossing and the Switch goes back on the Christmas list, Nintendo!

• Options
    Just show me a reason to buy your online service Nintendo

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I've had a blast with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2. Make it cheap enough and I'm on board.

Of course I just play with randos.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I will be all the way on Zen when they do Black Knight 2000. I love that table. Also Star Trek TNG table.

I have them for Pinball Arcade before they lost the license, but I want them on my switch!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

If you don't they take away Splatoon.

• Options
    they come to your house and take all your amiibos

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »

If you don't they take away Splatoon.

Unfortunately for Splatoon fans that wouldn't impact my life in any way whatsoever.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    you're 100% not going to be able to trade pokemon on switch pokemon without it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The only thing I want to hear about the 3DS is them sunsetting it finally

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm in the car going to gamestop to trade in spla2n right now, I'm not spending 20 bucks to keep playing it after I had a bad time with it.

• Options

God you're probably right

• Options

Yeah this is the one (and so far only) thing that's got me concerned, but fortunately it will be a while before I have to seriously weigh that one

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Yeah and I don't play Xbox games so I hope Microsoft cancels it soon

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I will be all the way on Zen when they do Black Knight 2000. I love that table. Also Star Trek TNG table.

I have them for Pinball Arcade before they lost the license, but I want them on my switch!

Give them your money

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

They've already said they're currently planning on supporting the 3DS through 2019.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

This is a hard stance to take after saying Splatoon can stop working because it doesn't impact you personally.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

This is a hard stance to take after saying Splatoon can stop working because it doesn't impact you personally.

bagel is mocking maddoc's "I don't like the 3DS so I hope everyone else's 3DS spontaneously combust so the people developing for it develop for a platform I want instead" stance

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    All I want is 1-2 more character announcements for Smash. If all the characters are announced before the game launches, then they have to start rolling them out some time, and I'm REALLY hoping for about 50 more echo fighters.

Wasn't TNG one that Pinball Arcade did a kickstarter for? That seems kind of shitty in retrospect - getting the fan community to show the viability, doing the work, then losing the license.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

I found out a little bit ago that a shitty bar/restaurant nearby has a Black Knight 2000 table, and it makes me think about going there despite the actual place being terrible.

• Options
    Radius wrote: »

No I said if Splatoon does stop working it won't impact me. I'm not demanding Splatoon be shut down because I don't play it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I collected a couple 3DSs. A Samus one and a red and gold Mario and Luigi one.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    3DS has had a good run and it needs to go away so that Nintendo can look forward

Also put Warioware on motherfucking Switch what the fresh hell

• Options
    3DS has had a good run and it needs to go away so that Nintendo can look forward

Also put Warioware on motherfucking Switch what the fresh hell

Nintendo has released and is continuing to release plenty of Switch games. They are looking forward and there's no need for them to shut the door on every fan of theirs that can't afford a brand new $300 console or people who still want handheld games while doing so.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    there is space in the market for a cheaper dedicated handheld and the switch and it is foolish to demand that they stop making the 3ds while that is still true

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    You can keep making 3ds games, but they have to have a switch version too. Bullshit a fake 2 screens on the switch screen and use the touch screen if you have to I don't care

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I can't imagine a ton of Nintendo's resources are being used for 3DS stuff. And I'm glad the 3DS is still around, there's still a bunch of games I have to play for it.

I still kinda want to get a 2DS XL for some reason.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    also many parents justifiably do not consider a switch an appropriate console for a kid, but would think it's fine to get them a 3ds or a 2ds

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Totally. Anya loves the Cooking Mama games so if I ever do end up getting a 2DS XL I'd be giving her my 3DS XL to play those on.

• Options
    no no no, please don't shake the flan

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.