As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] You're Not Crazy: Cutest Molaihts Now Cost Super Mitboost Gates

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    re: Ace of Spades quest, subject: Things I Learned the Hard Way So You Don’t Have To
    1) You have to kill someone who is invading your team, not the other way around

2) Golden Gun kills do not count as HC kills

I do this for science

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Does anyone know how to unlock the second and third new specs? After completely unlocking the new sunbreaker stuff I wanted to try the arc tree, but I see no way to get another seed of light.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I believe the seeds of light are on a weekly timer. You can get another per character at the reset on Tues

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    re: Ace of Spades quest, subject: Things I Learned the Hard Way So You Don’t Have To

I do this for science

This requirement is my least favorite thing since the first curse quest

I hate it so much. Like I would never use that type of gun for that purpose if I was trying to win. Nobody would. It’s an awful requirement

616610-1.png
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    awsimo wrote: »

I do this for science

This requirement is my least favorite thing since the first curse quest

I hate it so much. Like I would never use that type of gun for that purpose if I was trying to win. Nobody would. It’s an awful requirement

Yep it sucks. But on the other hand, man you gotta feel bad as an invader when you get handcannon'd down. Glad I knocked it out earlier and don't have to worry about it anymore.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    17 games of crucible, 11/17 full clan groups or 3 of one and 3 of another. Super good. Excellent game mode.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    edited September 2018
    It is really dumb

"Here's a cool gun, just go ruin a couple dozen Gambit games for your teammates"

Local H Jay on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Finished getting my first new Light Power and the EDZ Flahspoint and my PL is still only 413 :\

also, squad XP is bugged right?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Finished getting my first new Light Power and the EDZ Flahspoint and my PL is still only 413 :\

do you mean Clan XP? if so you only get it from clan bounties now. pick them up from Hawthorne. there will be 3 you can do solo and 3 you need to do with a clanmate.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    It is really dumb

"Here's a cool gun, just go ruin a couple dozen Gambit games for your teammates"

The Redrix quest is doing annoying things too in QP, at least on PC. I kept running into like 3-4 stacks last night that were all running Inaugural Address. And if you thought team-shooting was bad before, wait till you are getting teamshot with an even lower TTK! I went one match where me and the other 2 randos were basically getting triple-pulse-rifled down in less then half a second basically the second we spawned.

In general "Use this kind of gun" quests in PvP modes are kinda shitty imo.

shryke on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Gambit is miserable in a random group. Not completely but it's roughshod enough that I was just glad to be done with the milestone

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    shryke wrote: »
    It is really dumb

The Redrix quest is doing annoying things too in QP, at least on PC. I kept running into like 3-4 stacks last night that were all running Inaugural Address. And if you thought team-shooting was bad before, wait till you are getting teamshot with an even lower TTK! I went one match where me and the other 2 randos were basically getting triple-pulse-rifled down in less then half a second basically the second we spawned.

In general "Use this kind of gun" quests in PvP modes are kinda shitty imo.

The pulse rifle requirement isn’t nearly as bad. I mean I’d much rather be bowing but pulse doesn’t hurt my team

The gambit one does for sure

616610-1.png
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »

do you mean Clan XP? if so you only get it from clan bounties now. pick them up from Hawthorne. there will be 3 you can do solo and 3 you need to do with a clanmate.

oh.

well that's dumb. i hate how you have to load into places to pick up bounties now before you can actually do them. such a hassle.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    It's pretty weak to have all the major npc's have weekly bounties that require matches in full sets of their gear.

When they don't sell their gear.

Also, you know, having their engrams busted so you can't even complete the sets anyway.

But even despite that.

Why do they keep taking gear off the vendors? What the hell Bungie?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    It's pretty weak to have all the major npc's have weekly bounties that require matches in full sets of their gear.

When they don't sell their gear.

Also, you know, having their engrams busted so you can't even complete the sets anyway.

But even despite that.

Why do they keep taking gear off the vendors? What the hell Bungie?

Not that it fixes that issue - but I'm not certain that is a weekly bounty rather than a 1 off quest. So annoying but you can get it done whenever you get around to having all the armor (or they fix Shaxx to actually give out the crucible class item for that one)

Edit for the bolded - They did that in order to remove a larger portion of those saved up tokens from the economy quickly, I would imagine. I had 800 crucible tokens and like 500 vanguard tokens and there are plenty of people that make that number look pitiful. I figure it was just a quick dirty way to try to get people to burn through some of their stash to get the set to get that quick powerful engram.

squall99x on
    oHqYBTXm.jpg
    So are these fancy purple engrams a weekly or daily thing?

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I think this might be the first "a bunch of powerful enemies split up and you take them down one by one" storyline I've ever played that makes sense

Because the Guardian is terrifying, there's no guarantee they'd be able to take your ghost out, and when I fought them in that hectic early mission I dropped a lot of them to 30% before they escaped with Sleeper Simulant

No wonder they ran and hid and built up some allies and defenses! Horrible zombie gun paladin has a giant laser!

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I'm watching a streamer start Striker Death from Above then nearly immediately trigger the Superman super, and it gives you absurd momentum for your super that lets you nearly fly all the way across the map before hitting the ground.

Like Superman from Maintenance to Market bomb on Midtown. It's absurd(ly awesome).

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Is the annual pass really not available to buy on it's own or is the xbox store just being it's usual self and not showing me things properly?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Is the annual pass really not available to buy on it's own or is the xbox store just being it's usual self and not showing me things properly?

I assume it's the store. I can see the annual pass on battle.net sold on it's own.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    bdc1e12cf7d5abae4185de16678812b927c0b028_hq.jpg
    You can get Sparrows back with your collection tab.

You already knew that? Of course you did... But did you also know that the perk is randomly picked when you pick a sparrow out of the collection? I sure didnt.

So I just scrapped my "Reload guns" Blacklight Razor sparrow and magically got one with Fast Summon instead after a couple of tries.

It costs around 875 BD to bring back an exotic sparrow and you get 500 if you dismantle it, so its around 375 BD to get a reroll on your sparrow perk, its still not perfect but a hell of a lot better than previous options.

Sirialis on
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    SO MANY THINGS!

I'm glad they made planetary materials mean something and ditched the tokens but I think the cost in infusion needs tuning. The fact that the infusion requirements are now looser is nice but there are seriously not enough masterwork cores out there for the price. And while I appreciate that they upped how many planetary mats you get per-pickup, I'm still not nearly as swimming in them as I feel like I need to be. I guess maybe the intenet was that I just empty my inventory and rebuild from scratch. That's what I did when TTK came out. It probably wouldn't be an issue if I weren't trying to keep using a bunch of my pre-Forsake gear.

The lack of a Quest page is bizarre. They've got these new pages but they added piles and piles of daily and weekly bounties and they all take up the same space as quest stuff. I literally can't pick up all the bounties I want because I don't have enough space on the page. And it's not like I haven't already done a lot of weekly bounties. That said, it's awesome how many daily and weekly things there are to do!

Blood Cleaver
    Man, I have no idea how you're supposed to do that legit. I guess be way higher level than I am and dodge in and out of the bubble to punch him? I was very slowly ekeing him down by hitting him with grenade and charged melee, dodging out of the bubble, and waiting for them to regen. Got jumped by a dog I didn't notice and died. The adventure bugged and never triggered the Darkness Zone or his bubble the second time. I just stood there outside the pool and shot him in the face until he died. Got credit for the kill for the bounty but had to quit out of the adventure.

Gambit is fun but weird. The people on the other teams for my games seemed to be absolutely fucking awful at it? We won by waaay far away. They sent a lot more invaders than we had, somehow, but even if they got a couple kills it didn't seem to matter that much. I tried invading once. That red filter plus the bloom on Space Wizard Hand Lasers made it really hard to aim.

Dreaming City
    It was what felt like a long road to get there but goddamn does it seem awesome. I am not high enough level for it. Like 510 PL. There were a bunch of us trying to burn down a Blightmaker right after I spawned in the first time. Most of the larger Taken could one-shot all of us. I think everyone dumped their super and their entire Heavy reserve into the thing but we got it down!
    The Awoken guards being patrol beacons is awesome.
    It feels huge. I don't know if it's actually bigger than The Dreadnaught but I wandered around a good bit and I know I didn't see all of it. I didn't even find the machine for the special public minigame thing.
    I found a number of things that are obviously puzzles of some variety and I am so excited!
    Vague spoilers:
    Secret portals to some kind of weird palace!
    Giant portal/sacrifice/some kind of machine thing! (not the minigame one - I couldn't find any way to interact with this one but if it isn't something you interact with it's the biggest cock-tease since the Oryxball Court)
    Weird chests I can't open for mysterious reasons!
    Crystals that are explicitly immune to damage but I can't otherwise interact with!
    Mountains and cliffs I'm obviously meant to climb and I can actually use my fucking jump powers!

I can't wait to be high enough PL to explore without constantly dying.
    I hope I unlock some adventures or something in there at some point.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    Bungie nerfed "Sword gliding"... The fuck.

Whenever you swing your sword while airborne, you cant swing again until you land.

Sirialis wrote: »
    Bungie nerfed "Sword gliding"... The fuck.

Whenever you swing your sword while airborne, you cant swing again until you land.

Isn't that how it worked in D1? You could get one forward burst with a sword but that was it.

I honestly cant remember.

But in D2 and especially during EP, I was zigzagging around with swords in the air.

I never tried it 'cause I assumed it worked like D1 but I saw a video of someone skipping past all the jumping parts of the Whisper mission (I assume, having not done it myself, but it certainly looked like they were skipping a lot of stuff) by sword gliding past it all. I imagine that's why.

The sword flying he is talking about is the Hive Knight sword that drops during EP and other events, not an equippable sword.

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Are these barons supposed to have a random loot pool or anything? So far 3 have given me identically rolled chest armor.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
    The sword flying he is talking about is the Hive Knight sword that drops during EP and other events, not an equippable sword.

Ohhh, that sword. Still, seems like a bug for it to let you zip around in the air.

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular

Ohhh, that sword. Still, seems like a bug for it to let you zip around in the air.

It might be a bug but it was awesome and space magic so I felt like it fit thematically.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    anime gifs are back on the menu
    http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/2694576561

edited September 2018
    Good lord. I got my 5 invader kills. It’s so bad. It didn’t even take me more than a few games. But it has made me hate gambit.

Yeah go try to kill a dude with wall hacks, sleeper simulant and an overshield across the map with a HC.

Such a bad choice by Bungie. Still trying to get my buddy finished and we’ve never been so salty

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    We did it. I used myself as bait with 15 motes and teather and got my buddy to murder them

Luckily folks are still trying to get the kills while invading which helps

616610-1.png
    I took a clip of a bit before you get into the dreaming city. You can tell I was suspicious of that whole setup. I expected SOME kind of bullshit but I sure didn't expect that.

Spoiled because yeah.

I think my outloud response was something like "Fucking really?"

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Posting in new thread to say again

I love fire knives

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited September 2018
    Posting in new thread to say again

I love fire knives

It's so much damage holy shit. The fleshed out nodes really change how I play

Beezel on
    We did it. I used myself as bait with 15 motes and teather and got my buddy to murder them

I just knocked my kills out with a new Better Devils and Fighting Lion. Lion knocks off the overshield so you can just burn them down with the pistol.

Now onto... 250 HC kills in strikes. Anyone know a good cheese spot?

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I thought I'd have to wait until the weekend to pick this up but luckily a very amazing, kind and beautiful soul* got together enough money for me to grab it tonight. It's pretty dope. You can pry this bow Petra gave me from my cold, dead hands (until I get one that's more swag).
    Uldren is still my boy, he's just misunderstood!

It was me. I'm the best and very lucky to have me tbh.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular

I just knocked my kills out with a new Better Devils and Fighting Lion. Lion knocks off the overshield so you can just burn them down with the pistol.

Now onto... 250 HC kills in strikes. Anyone know a good cheese spot?

Load solo into NF, keep going at it till done (and if kills in the normal areas outside the strike still count, just farm normal mooks.)

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
    Anyone gonna be around on PS4 tomorrow? I wanna try and brute that 540 bounty of spider's might be easier in a group

This discussion has been closed.