As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] You're Not Crazy: Cutest Molaihts Now Cost Super Mitboost Gates

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Finally got a full purple set for my Hunter
    uud5a51becm4.png

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Hmm... I was actually talking about gliding with equippable heavy weapon swords.

I was certain you were able to glide with these too, at some point, perhaps I’m misremembering that.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Gliding with heavy swords requires lion rampant and is available only for titan.

Warlocks can surf to get a single huge burst of speed with a sword. But it is a one jump one slash deal.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Destiny is good again!?!? Played through half the campaign with @Marikir and it was a blast

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    It’s crazy how many of my complaints they’ve addressed. The absence of the customary steps backward to accompany the steps forward has me worried. Did activision replace the Bungie devs with a hyper competent AI? Seems likely.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Look man I just throw burning, exploding knives more than I shoot actual bullets. If Bungie is smokin' that shit I say give them more of it.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    Can we talk about how Mindbender

Baron spoiler
    Is literally a hive weeaboo, not only has a throne world but apparently a hive wife and kids?

That whole fight was rad as shit though, I was not expecting that.

edited September 2018
    Beezel wrote: »
    Can we talk about how Mindbender

Baron spoiler
    Is literally a hive weeaboo, not only has a throne world but apparently a hive wife and kids?

That whole fight was rad as shit though, I was not expecting that.

Yeah that was a great fight.

I really liked the line
    But why is his throne room so big?

Oh, cayde.

I also love the spider, he’s my boy. His vandals are winning at fashion Destiny.

And it seems like people are pretty mixed on Gambit but I think I love it.

I took the primeval from under the invaders nose with an Ikelos shotgun charge and it was so. Much. Fun. After the lieutenants are down you can do almost half his health with one shotgun charge

If you don’t have ikelos its hard to do much to the primeval if your team is bad tho

Also it is really great that doing content underleveled is incentivized. Took 5 years but that’s a real good idea Bungie, plz no immediate revert

DodgeBlan on

When I got to the Dreaming City, a quest bugged out and left me and my friend unable to proceed.

We didnt know it bugged out so looked around for clues and concluded that a bastet looking cat statue might be the key, when you were near it, it had a prompt saying something like “You are lacking something”
    So for 10 minutes we ran around looking for something to appease this glowy eyes cat statue...

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Superman Titan is so fucking good, I just wish I could take my double nades again instead of the slide thing and the slam is really slow and awkward to setup

edited September 2018
    I just want my flying ball lightning melee on all the Stormcaller subclasses, it hits like a truck and can hit multiple enemies, it can also oneshot Phalanxes through their shield at a distance.

Sirialis on
    I'm hitting a point where I havea ton of 500LL blues but no masterwork cores to infuse anything

Cool

I'm hitting a point where I havea ton of 500LL blues but no masterwork cores to infuse anything

Cool

You can buy them from spider at exponentially increasing price if you buy a bunch at once.

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    When I got to the Dreaming City, a quest bugged out and left me and my friend unable to proceed.

We didnt know it bugged out so looked around for clues and concluded that a bastet looking cat statue might be the key, when you were near it, it had a prompt saying something like “You are lacking something”
    So for 10 minutes we ran around looking for something to appease this glowy eyes cat statue...

Was the bug
    Petra not showing up? That happened to us last night

PSN- AHermano

Cool

You can buy them from spider at exponentially increasing price if you buy a bunch at once.

Yeah I know but that's not a lot of help after a while. I'd rather save the shards than dump 160 per Core.

Also I did all the annoying bits about Ace of Spades quest and the (I hope) last part is making me find loot caches around the galaxy... I was hoping the PvP kills would be the last part so I guess I'll finish that tomorrow.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

Cool

Yeah I know but that's not a lot of help after a while. I'd rather save the shards than dump 160 per Core.

Also I did all the annoying bits about Ace of Spades quest and the (I hope) last part is making me find loot caches around the galaxy... I was hoping the PvP kills would be the last part so I guess I'll finish that tomorrow.

In a few more days, when the majority hits the slowdown point, people are going to really start complaining hard about the infusion costs (as they should). Almost everything else seems to be sensible or grindy-but-fair. Not the infusion process though. There is zero fucking reason anything not masterworking should take masterwork cores, end of story. Especially after they went and massively increased the cost of MW guns and massively reduced the drop rate from old year 1 sources.

Honestly, even if nothing else had changed for MW a weapon or drops, needing them for infusion is still stupid as hell. Use something else to make it more expensive if you have to.

ronzo on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Magnificent Howl + Bow seems crazy

Two options for massive burst damage, 2 hit kills, easy to use handcannon.

No special ammo dropped on death.
    *whistles*

• HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Re: spider weekly bounty (lv540):
    Me, @Luarithae and @Muffinatron did it first try yesterday. It's neat that you have to figure out a puzzle as part of the fight using mechanics you were shown earlier in the adventure!

But doing it at Lv500 is hard. I don't want to give away the mechanics just yet (and they are probably online somewhere already) but the biggest problem are the yellowbar dogs that spawn periodically.

The good news is that Cabal dogs are stupid and can't climb on top of rocks like Guardians can.

That said, I can't imagine attemping this solo at Lv500. Get in a fireteam so someone can distract the boss when needed.

Hermano wrote: »

Was the bug

Yes.
    I figured it out when her ship was in the plaza and she was nowhere to be seen.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I think my favorite thing is that I can hop on for one Crucible match, go hogwild with OHK shoulder charges, and knock out six daily bounties - all before going to work today.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    I like how 4v4 plays in the new system. Boy howdy.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

Was the bug

From what I can tell, that bug happens if you don't do that mission solo. It's happened every time I run it with someone else thinking I'm helping out.

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Could i get an invite to the Xbox clan, if there's room ? Username is Eyekia, thanks.

• twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    This game just feels so good now. I jumped in crucible for a few minutes this morning before starting work, and it was just...fun. Bungie's taken a lot of crap (some deserved, some not), but they've come through on Forsaken.

Related: bow headshots in crucible will never not feel good. *plink*

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    We did it. I used myself as bait with 15 motes and teather and got my buddy to murder them

Luckily folks are still trying to get the kills while invading which helps

I just knocked my kills out with a new Better Devils and Fighting Lion. Lion knocks off the overshield so you can just burn them down with the pistol.

Now onto... 250 HC kills in strikes. Anyone know a good cheese spot?

Even just doing it normally only takes maybe 4-ish strikes. So it isn't really too bad. Knock out your strike milestones/challenges while doing it.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Oh man, finished up the story last night. Well mostly. Still need to go to the other place, but oh man.

You guys! Holy crap! That last level was beautiful.

PSN: jfrofl
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    So after somebody decided to dig through some fibre I ran home to my parents house and pretended to be a teenager in their basement again. Mom even bought me food! Was great.

Also finished up the campaign until the mission that unlocks the second big zone.

Thoughts:

The Good:
    Game feels really good. The Tangled Shore is pretty awesome and happening place. It might be a little overcrowded but that's better than the alternative.

The writing is all at least decent. Ikora has some really good work but I still lay that at Torres being able to actually work instead of having to desperately try and patch up drivel. Zavala has apparently recovered from the stupid stick he got hit with in Warmind and actually uses his words to express his concerns like a person! Various NPC reactions were good but oh damn Holliday, that's too painful.

The amount of work they did with those opening cutscenes in rehabilitating what they did to Cayde was amazing.

Fights were fun and mostly not horribly tedious or anything.

The Bad:
    Oh god I can feel the inventory glut coming. It isn't bad yet but when I had to figure out if this purple celebratory hood was better than the previous one I could feel the train a coming.

The last fight had some buggy geometry for me with a couple random deaths. It does checkpoint but only after the first ascendant bit and not the second. Was pretty frustrating.

The MENUS. Holy fuck they made the load in lag even worse while adding a fuck ton to how often you need to check them. Blargh.

The Ugly:
    The cut away before the gun shot was bullshit both times. At least do a snap cut at the moment of firing since ya, not gonna show a main character's head explode in a mass market game like this. The bullshit about who shot Uldren at the end was silly. The Guardian has literally killed hundreds of thousands of things at this point but this one has a name and voice lines!

The way the cut scenes lay out exactly nothing about what was actually manipulating Uldren when that's gonna be a thing. Even worse is the thing they glossed over is really super fucking cool!

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    twmjr wrote: »
    This game just feels so good now. I jumped in crucible for a few minutes this morning before starting work, and it was just...fun. Bungie's taken a lot of crap (some deserved, some not), but they've come through on Forsaken.

Bows feel nice and snappy, but very slow to me. Maybe I'm not using them properly yet, I don't know. It's like a scout rifle and scout rifles have that issue in PvE where slow-firing weapons aren't the greatest a lot of the time.

I worry about their viability in PvP on PC though. The tracking is real good but I don't know when you are gonna get that much time to line up a shot.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The problem with bows in PVP is that players don't stand still, which is frankly a bit rude.

• twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    twmjr wrote: »

Bows feel nice and snappy, but very slow to me. Maybe I'm not using them properly yet, I don't know. It's like a scout rifle and scout rifles have that issue in PvE where slow-firing weapons aren't the greatest a lot of the time.

I worry about their viability in PvP on PC though. The tracking is real good but I don't know when you are gonna get that much time to line up a shot.

idk, it was only one round, but it felt good in PvP on the PC. The bow you get in the beginning of the DLC with the exploding arrows can kill in two shots if one is a fully charged headshot. they're definitely for long range (though a not fully charged body shot + melee can do the trick in close).

Bows aren't really functional in Gambit for the PvE reason you mentioned -- they just don't work great for crowd control.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, bows are amazing to me. That's pretty much always true in video games though.

Out of curiosity, is the bow that you are given fixed rolls?

Fake Edit: Looks like it. The only random thing might be the masterwork stat.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited September 2018
    This new infusion system is seriously overpriced.

Best part was that it would cost me 4 MW cores to infuse an exotic helmet up to 500, then I just "recovered" it from the collection instead which gave me a 480 version for 0 MW cores.

Not everyone has a huge stockpile of MW cores, I had 17 at the start of Forsaken.

Sirialis on
    I wasrocking Crimils Dagger and an Energy Bow (Calamity something) in Rumble last night

It was muy picante

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I'm loving all of the new weapons, blues included. Hell, my favorite armor is a mix of various blue sets for the Titan. I picked up Ten Paces (Kinetic HC that looks and sounds like a lazer revolver) with Rampage/Threat Detector, which is doing great work in groups. Also got a sweet looking bow from Rahool called Subtle Calamity. It has Moving Target and Archer's Temp (faster draw time after every crit), but that was just before I hopped off this morning.

Gotta say, I'm loving the hell out of this expansion. And now that I have lore available, I haven't even read any of it. Still need to get on all the ones I've found.

Edit: I wonder what Bungie considers "completion" for the campaign? I got my pre-order gear, but haven't fully upgraded
    the key to the Dreaming City
    and the soundtrack on Bungie Rewards isn't available for me yet.

Fawst on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    I'm loving all of the new weapons, blues included. Hell, my favorite armor is a mix of various blue sets for the Titan. I picked up Ten Paces (Kinetic HC that looks and sounds like a lazer revolver) with Rampage/Threat Detector, which is doing great work in groups. Also got a sweet looking bow from Rahool called Subtle Calamity. It has Moving Target and Archer's Temp (faster draw time after every crit), but that was just before I hopped off this morning.

Gotta say, I'm loving the hell out of this expansion. And now that I have lore available, I haven't even read any of it. Still need to get on all the ones I've found.

Edit: I wonder what Bungie considers "completion" for the campaign? I got my pre-order gear, but haven't fully upgraded
    the key to the Dreaming City
    and the soundtrack on Bungie Rewards isn't available for me yet.

I assume it's whenever the Forsaken milestone disappears from your map slide-out thingy.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I have to wonder if the infusion system is going to be reined in a little bit, or else... maybe it's just going to be the case that we are forced to focus on specific pieces of gear and only really MW our best and favorite stuff. I think that's a mistake on Bungie's part, because getting NEW gear and trying out NEW loadouts is part of what makes Destiny fun.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I wasrocking Crimils Dagger and an Energy Bow (Calamity something) in Rumble last night

It was muy picante

Bows are legit maybe OP

Then again without sbmm who knows. Can’t tell if they are just really good against players who move predictably (like I’m discovering single shot nade launchers might be...)

Also way of the wraith... I finally tried to go for perfect precision and oh boy. In team shoots it’s incredible. If you get one you end up chaining a few because of how good it is. I need to keep playing with it more. But it might be super good.

616610-1.png
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    I have to wonder if the infusion system is going to be reined in a little bit, or else... maybe it's just going to be the case that we are forced to focus on specific pieces of gear and only really MW our best and favorite stuff. I think that's a mistake on Bungie's part, because getting NEW gear and trying out NEW loadouts is part of what makes Destiny fun.

Theres a possibility the infusion economy is trending to the expensive because Bungie want us trying all these new random rolls instead of constantly infusing the same gun up 5 light at a time (like my uriels in y1)

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Also, the games been out like 5 minutes... Long run we'll probably be drowning in mw cores eventually.

Especially if purple drops are more common at some point and they continue to have a chance to drop as masterworks.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Me and my gf hit lvl 15 last night on our hunters. It's her first time playing Destiny. Can't wait to get to 20 so I can swap to the Titan again! Also god all three Titan trees look amazing.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
This discussion has been closed.