As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Return To Baseline

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Return To Baseline

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    That last panel was a(n un)pleasant surprise.

• KagatoACKagatoAC Registered User regular
    so who is he supposed to be exactly?

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    KagatoAC wrote: »

Batman

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • moosemaimermoosemaimer Registered User regular
    This is what happens when you let Gabe read books, he thinks it's a stillsuit.

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    KagatoAC wrote: »

The D&D character he's played for about a decade in the Acquisitions Incorporated games, Jim Darkmagic.

EDIT: I mean, it's what the previous comic was referring to:

i-qZZ2VqR-2100x20000.jpg

Nightslyr on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Has Jim Darkmagic's lore evolved considerably in the Acq Inc Games? I'm familiar with him from the comics here. And let me tell you: "competent, capable individual" doesn't spring to mind when I think of Jim Darkmagic.

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Has Jim Darkmagic's lore evolved considerably in the Acq Inc Games? I'm familiar with him from the comics here. And let me tell you: "competent, capable individual" doesn't spring to mind when I think of Jim Darkmagic.

well not with that attitude (or dice rolls) you won't

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

You mean his lore as a magician, or his lore as a sexomancer?

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

He's still a goofball/dumb ass (as the most recent PAX game highlighted), but he's slowly become more powerful, and has gotten pretty solid in the combat portion of his job responsibilities. Some of it is likely just the character level getting high enough to give him lots of tools to use, but Mike is now a veteran player and DM, so he's gotten a lot better at figuring out what to do in certain situations.

Nightslyr on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Even in his younger day Jim Darkmagic had the uncanny ability to roll a Natural 20 while Binwin and Co bumbled around.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Cheer up, Gabe (your makeup is running)
    Admittedly not one of their better songs, but the title always gave me a chuckle. It really has nothing to do with the lyrics of the song, but supposedly was originally just an in-development placeholder name poking fun at the tone of the rest of the album.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Even in his younger day Jim Darkmagic had the uncanny ability to roll a Natural 20 while Binwin and Co bumbled around.

"I'm really good at D&D."

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • CallofBootyCallofBooty Registered User regular
    Can't unsee elbow areolas

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Can't unsee elbow areolas
    Why would you do this to me?