As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] You're Not Crazy: Cutest Molaihts Now Cost Super Mitboost Gates

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Ace of Spades get. That last mission was kinda bittersweet

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    It's dumb the clan stuff only has 3 bounties but every other vendor has way more than that

There are 3 Daily and 3 Weekly, but the Weeklies don't unlock until Level 50.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    The weeklies also require play with clanmates. Which I have to admit is pretty fitting for clan bounties.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I seem to get like 1/6 of the exp I used to get.

A Patrol gives like 600 (with +20% buffs) ... It used to give 3000 without buffs, thats some fucking bullshit.

They cut patrol and PE xp rewards by half. Also buffed strike xp amount.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    PE and patrols are cut by way more than half.

Strikes still gives pitiful amounts.

Sirialis on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    PE was in patch notes that it was getting whacked. Nothing about patrols. Before 2.0.0.1 and Forsaken launch patrols were around 1% of a level or 1,200 xp via API if you'd burnt through your rest XP. I'll check to see what they are now when I'm home.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    My first non quest exotic was Nighthawk :/

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Well got the Ace of Spades, Chaperone and Lord of Wolves so far. No brand new exotics though. First world problems.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Holy fuck Chaperone is back???

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Minor Spoiler:
    The quest for the Chaperone will randomly get added to your inventory after completing miscellaneous stuffs once you hit 50. Myself and two others from the clan all got it after we won a match in Quickplay, Squall got it after unlocking the Dreaming City.

Patrols used to be 1k, 500 for me now. PE were 2k for heroic, 1k for normal getting 1k and 500 now iirc.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so i found a thing in the Dreaming City, spoilered cause pics and not wanting to spoil anything for those that want to explore and discover on their own.
    6069f14a-4b7e-4431-833e-ca45a958afa9.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=tvXrPyqx%2FwM%2FvyHgg5s4S%2BhWepYU6M0cvLi%2ByDAGPBk%3D
    7e6efe16-9426-4825-ba2f-dead1b899578.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=97vfVXJhh1gdD4doFL6ZJxTFfHPATIGk%2B22%2BFFgRyIw%3D
    cbb17a8e-5426-4c4e-b697-4eb9775cb986.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=7O1iozE7aDf%2By9vMLLKXGBkWp%2BCrC%2FfHIcpzxKlmwJQ%3D

using the consumable gave a 30 minute buff. this allowed to me to see some floating platforms, much like the ones that would appear in the Dreadnaught in D1. the set it found led me to the top of a large statue but i couldn't see any way to progress further from there or anything to interact with. i'm gonna guess there's gonna be a quite a bit to discover and figure out in there.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

You know who is so, so excited:

Peen on
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2018
    Got a Good Bone Structure with Outlaw and Snapshot sights, and let me tell you.... it is very nice not to have to give up my power weapon for my slug shotgun.

EDIT: also got an "Aggressive Burst" archetype pulse rifle that fires four shots per burst instead of 3. HAKKE STYLE IS BACK BABY

skyknyt on
    Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    The clan daily bounties are bugged, they’re supposed to rotate but they aren’t.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    making bounties the only way to earn Clan XP is bad enough but they really need to fix it so that isn't the same bunch day after day, especially when 2 of the 3 solo ones are Crucible related.

At least they are arc and melee kills. My Titan is all "You mean you want me to run around with top-tree striker and skullfort, charging at anything that blinks red on my radar? Ok, I guess. That's obviously totally different from what I was planning to do."

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Huh guess I'm at 5/10 for the Unbroken Seal. Most of the remaining ones are for Glory, including hitting Legend rank.

I need to get on that I guess

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    so i found a thing in the Dreaming City, spoilered cause pics and not wanting to spoil anything for those that want to explore and discover on their own.
    6069f14a-4b7e-4431-833e-ca45a958afa9.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=tvXrPyqx%2FwM%2FvyHgg5s4S%2BhWepYU6M0cvLi%2ByDAGPBk%3D
    7e6efe16-9426-4825-ba2f-dead1b899578.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=97vfVXJhh1gdD4doFL6ZJxTFfHPATIGk%2B22%2BFFgRyIw%3D
    cbb17a8e-5426-4c4e-b697-4eb9775cb986.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=7O1iozE7aDf%2By9vMLLKXGBkWp%2BCrC%2FfHIcpzxKlmwJQ%3D

using the consumable gave a 30 minute buff. this allowed to me to see some floating platforms, much like the ones that would appear in the Dreadnaught in D1. the set it found led me to the top of a large statue but i couldn't see any way to progress further from there or anything to interact with. i'm gonna guess there's gonna be a quite a bit to discover and figure out in there.

That item/buff also reveals a few portals that lead to some insane missions.

Post Campaign Thoughts:
    Wasn't Uldren the Kell of the new Fallen super House? Because this was completely ignored in game other then a bunch of dregs bowing to him in the EDZ. That seems like something that should have been a huge deal. I guess Varriks is now/actually the new Kell of Kells.

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I like fire knives on my hunter but flying around the room smashing into the ground like superman on a rampage as my titan in the seed of light mission had me laughing out loud in sheer delight.

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    The solar Titan mission is amazing. Just a whirlwind of hammer.

• Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    OK, so Destiny 2 is free for PS+ user, which allowed me to give it a try.
    So in the beginning of the week it was relatively easy to upgrade my 2 exotics’s Light level.
    The new expansion dropped, and suddenly I need Masterwork Cores or something for that.
    My mate who just started has his light 50 coat, but his other gear is far better. Furthermore stuff like the Graviton Lance is stuck at 100 with him.

So how can a non-DLC Destiny 2 player get those cores? Is that something that Xur sells? I’ve looked around the tower and can’t find anyone who is selling them.

And have factions been abandoned? I walked to the faction peeps, and I can’t even talk to them? So I can’t get pretty FWC or New Monarchy stuff anymore?

I did receive a Masterwork Drang after completing the quest of finding Failsafe’s Captain, so that’s something...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Bungie is so bad at making quests involving PvP. It's kind of amazing.
    Ace of Spades and Chaperone both require not only that you play PvP but that you play PvP in a way that is actively detrimental to your team. It makes no sense. The second step of Chaperone was fine-ish. I still had fairly shit stats because, this being Y2, I had to use whatever elemental gun I happen to have of the right element instead of just re-modding Uriel's Gift appropriately, but the Gambit phases especially are just stupid.

I get that they want to make people play their new game mode. I'm down with that. All the "play X gambit matches" bounties are cool. It's an interesting mode so it's good they're pushing people to play it so that queues aren't horrible and things don't happen often like I had happen in a match today where it was us 4 vs. 1 guy who quit out and took the penalty.

But if you're going to push people to play your special new game mode...maybe make the requirements actually about the mode? Like, instead of being totally focused on invasions and killing other Guardians, maybe require you to get X kills with a HC and guardians count more? Or just straight up make it about banking motes and/or damaging the primeval, which is what the matches are actually about?

Also, at least the Chaperone step counts assists. Trying to get fucking HC kills on superman when everyone else is also trying to kill superman and only killing blows count is some BS.

All that said I'm having a blast with the new stuff. My first (and only, so far) exotic was Chromatic Fire and Firefly Crimson is 123% as awesome as you could possibly believe it to be. Was running strikes and making packs of thralls or war dags just vanish is so satisfying.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    So in the beginning of the week it was relatively easy to upgrade my 2 exotics’s Light level.
    The new expansion dropped, and suddenly I need Masterwork Cores or something for that.
    My mate who just started has his light 50 coat, but his other gear is far better. Furthermore stuff like the Graviton Lance is stuck at 100 with him.

So how can a non-DLC Destiny 2 player get those cores? Is that something that Xur sells? I’ve looked around the tower and can’t find anyone who is selling them.

And have factions been abandoned? I walked to the faction peeps, and I can’t even talk to them? So I can’t get pretty FWC or New Monarchy stuff anymore?

I did receive a Masterwork Drang after completing the quest of finding Failsafe’s Captain, so that’s something...

The only person who sells cores is a Forsaken vendor and they're expensive. There is really no good way to get them. Any purple drop has some low % odds of being a masterwork and you can disassemble it into like 1-3 cores. The new costs are definitely out of whack.

There is a new consumable which will get you a core. Fibermass Cube or something. Looks like a red cube. It gives you a % chance to get a straight drop of a MW core from any 'boss' kill and applies until you get said drop. But I've seen exactly one of those in I don't know how many hours of play since Forsaken unlocked and I'm not sure if it's even possible for someone who doesn't own the DLC to get said consumable.

Factions in D2 are a limited-time thing. Once a month-or-two they have a "Faction Rally" where you get to pledge to one and spend a week doing the most tedious grind imaginable to rank up and get the unique faction stuff that's locked behind rank thresholds. In between rallies I don't believe you can get faction swag from anywhere.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Faction rallies are out for year two I believe

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Faction rallies are out for year two I believe

I thought they were in the Trials bucket where there are none on the schedule but they're going to figure out how to make it not suck and bring it back?

Basically Carl they made it so that they want you to not infuse constantly anymore. At least having to think about it or choose what you want at max level. However it has put people without the xpack, that didn't play slot Or never saved up many cores behind the 8 ball. Effectively what most people are doing is just wearing whatever is highest and creeping their way up with the exception of a few stand out pieces of equipment and weapons.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    So I know there was talk of changes to Xur before Forsaken dropped. Is he back tomorrow or no? I assume he's going to start charging prices in masterwork cores?

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    My big problem with the infusion changes is it makes it harder to play fashion destiny for casual scrubs like me. I just want to look pretty without farming dusklight shards. Not impossible, of course, they've just made the dress-up aspect more annoying. If the purples that drop at max look good enough, maybe I won't care.

soylenth on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Nolan North's Cayde is pretty good!

• Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Guys what can I spend glimmer on at level 20 or so? I'm maxed out and want to dump it into something useful before I actually hit the cap

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Wait, no faction rallies in year 2 (or at least, no timeline for their return)? I need New Monarchy gear, damn it!

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I played competitive last night and holy hell was 4v4 fun

Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Guys what can I spend glimmer on at level 20 or so? I'm maxed out and want to dump it into something useful before I actually hit the cap

Applying shaders to ships and sparrows is surprisingly expensive in glimmer. Make your shit shiny?

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

I don’t think there is anything at that stage of things

AoS is a pretty good gun

Beezel wrote: »
    AoS is a pretty good gun

It sure killed me real good in Crucible this afternoon. I'd swear I got one-shotted by it a few times but maybe I had some lingering damage from something else. I assume it's a kinetic exotic?

Beezel wrote: »
    AoS is a pretty good gun

It sure killed me real good in Crucible this afternoon. I'd swear I got one-shotted by it a few times but maybe I had some lingering damage from something else. I assume it's a kinetic exotic?

Yep. When its perk is active it can 3 tap people with a normal amount of resilience. If they have 0 resilience it can 2 tap them I believe.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Are patrols completely bugged for new players? Without Cayde there is no way to start the quest chain to unlock them!

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
    edited September 2018
    Are patrols completely bugged for new players? Without Cayde there is no way to start the quest chain to unlock them!

Does he not show up on the Farm?

The Cayde's Death plot is surprisingly satisfying but the decision to kill a character who features heavily in your existing content and having people continue to engage with that content is pretty weird.

Tuesday's Daily Heroic Adventure in the Flashpoint region was very Cayde-dialog-heavy, and one of the current Heroic Missions in the Vanguard playlist is the one where Cayde's hiding from Fallen on Nessus.

Edit: Post-base-game campaign spoilers since I know there are some new people in here and it's a more immediate and less obvious spoiler, sort of...
    I went back to the Farm yesterday to see if anything was different post-Forsaken and that place is a goddamned ghost town once you've unlocked the Tower. The only vendors I could even see were the mail bot and not-Rahul.

Can we have a petition to get Rahul banished to the Farm and replaced by not-Rahul-lady?

And speaking of things that aren't different post-Cayde... They really abandoned Mercury, huh? No bereavement dialog from Brother Vance, no Mercury bounties. I'm surprised they even bothered putting a Wanted guy in the lost sector.

CptHamilton on
This discussion has been closed.