As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I don’t think I’m going to be able to do this today. Hurricane Lane is squatting right on top of my parent’s house, none of my siblings or I were able to get through to them to check in before it swamped cell coverage completely, and I don’t think I’ve got it in me right now to be at all fun to play with. Especially since I’ve got to get into the right head space to walk back last week’s temper tantrum anyway.

Talked to my doctor yesterday, upped my anxiety med dosage as high as he has ever proscribed, but because my stupid giant gorilla body is amazing at metabolizing foreign substances for good or for ill, I still get a very marginal effect. So what I think I’m going to do is watch the Muppet Christmas Carol about six times in a row until my mom calls and tells me she’s still alive.

If you want to play without me, just NPC me. Tusk remembers that his goddamn character sheet says right there that he’s too quick to trust people, extracts a pinky swear from these guys that they won’t be bad any more, and doesn’t decapitate anyone. He makes some fart and booger jokes, he pulls something humorous and unexpected out of his pants, he rages/reckless attacks/great weapon masters if a fight happens. That’s my whole schtick, you have seen behind the curtain now.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    That sucks about your parents man, hope you hear from them soon.

Last week things went long, and we were so close to coming out on top that it's a wonder everybody didn't go a little nutty at the end.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Yeah for reals.

ALSO I fell asleep and just woke up soo...

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I got to nap so I ain't complaining

hoping your parents find a way to communicate to y'all as soon as possible

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Should be on for tonight if everyone else is good?

• Options
    All good here in the City of Brotherly Love

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm here, I'm ready to party

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Uh, shit, guess I forgot to remind you all that I’m at PAX this week

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Uh, shit, guess I forgot to remind you all that I’m at PAX this week

We remembered, it's fine no worries

Next week! How's pax?

• Options
    Just got here half an hour ago. Rooming with Godmode, down by the pier, where it’s an uphill walk in literally any direction. But pretty nice place beyond that.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Just got here half an hour ago. Rooming with Godmode, down by the pier, where it’s an uphill walk in literally any direction. But pretty nice place beyond that.

You're looking at the downside. Just consider, at the end of the night when you're stumbling back to your room to get a few hours of sleep, it'll all be downhill.

• Options
    missed opportunity to act real confused and insist that Scott was there, discord and everything, playing as Tusk

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2018
    see317 wrote: »

You're looking at the downside. Just consider, at the end of the night when you're stumbling back to your room to get a few hours of sleep, it'll all be downhill.

This is true, assuming I don’t stumble a block too far and into the sea.
    Doobh wrote: »
    missed opportunity to act real confused and insist that Scott was there, discord and everything, playing as Tusk

I have already faced my Scottelgänger and consumed his blighted heart. No such chicanery may fool me again!

Desert Leviathan on
  • Options
    how are you sure that was his real blighted heart

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    how are you sure that was his real blighted heart

Tasted right? Heartful? Heartish. Hearty! Mmmmm.

• Options
    so I'm dealing with severe tooth pain rn, I may be a bit more quiet than usual tonight - but I plan on being there

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2018
    How we doing my fine friends?

*EDIT*

Outside of your tooth pain Doobh, of course.

iguanacus on
  • Options
    I'm gonna be out today, got mad weepies.

Next week should be good

• Options
    alright, hopefully tooth stuff will be done by next week

I would like to chew my food properly

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I'm gonna be out today, got mad weepies.

Next week should be good
    alright, hopefully tooth stuff will be done by next week

I would like to chew my food properly

Both of you get well!

• Options
    Sorry you’re both feeling rough. If anyone just wants to chat, I’ll stay in the channel a while

• Options
    I now weigh two teeth less than I did

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Sounds like a good time. What was the problem?

• Options
    Did they give you the good stuff to go home?

• Options
    sadly, no good stuff

the problem was literal structural damage to the teeth - the point where they couldn't be restored via root canal

this is what happens when someone struggles to make ends meet for most of their adulthood, and have the gall to bring bad genetics along to boot

dental care is 'spensive, even with most insurance options

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    so, I'm gonna hit up my dentist tomorrow but I suspect I got some dry socket going on

since I have an unusual amount of pain post 48 hours of surgery

which means I'm just gonna avoid straining my mouth in any way

we'll see what the phone call tomorrow brings, but I doubt I'll be able to make it, tomorrow

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    That sounds awful, hope it goes well today

• Options
    feeling more positive about my pain today

gonna push myself a little and commit to the game tonight

see y'all there

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    angus having a family of all beef related names is some dragonball grade bullshit, I just realized

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Downloaded the free version of the Neverwinter MMO last night and made Tusk. The secret trick to getting him right was cranking all the body sliders as high as they would go.

Unfortunately, they don't actually have a Barbarian class, and the Great Weapon Fighter is still wearing a chain mail suit even if you strip off all the armor pieces, so long as you're in a combat zone. So his customary shirtless anthropomorphic meatball look is only a go in towns.

• Options
    Downloaded the free version of the Neverwinter MMO last night and made Tusk. The secret trick to getting him right was cranking all the body sliders as high as they would go.

Unfortunately, they don't actually have a Barbarian class, and the Great Weapon Fighter is still wearing a chain mail suit even if you strip off all the armor pieces, so long as you're in a combat zone. So his customary shirtless anthropomorphic meatball look is only a go in towns.

Cmon, screenshots!

• Options
    Soon as I'm home from work, sure.

The body's good, but the face is just... generic Orc Face. I did what I could to give him a big piggy nose, but there were no options for modifying teeth. They give Tieflings like thirty different "one broken horn" options, but no tricks for Tusk's missing tooth.

I'll play it enough to see the Acquisitions Incorporated content in November, and then go back to my indefinite MMO hiatus.

• Options
    hey nerds

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    hi

• Options
    Nerds? Where?

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    in this box, it has two flavours.

• Options
    I only eat them when they've been attached to fruit by the foot

• Options
    Can't do tonight sorry folks

• Options
    Sorry to hear that, hope nothings wrong.

• Options
    hey, you gotta take care of yourself

Miss me? Find me on: