You play video games on a [Nintendo], right?

13334363839100

Posts

  • pablo_pricepablo_price Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    3DS has had a good run and it needs to go away so that Nintendo can look forward

    Also put Warioware on motherfucking Switch what the fresh hell

    Nintendo has released and is continuing to release plenty of Switch games. They are looking forward and there's no need for them to shut the door on every fan of theirs that can't afford a brand new $300 console or people who still want handheld games while doing so.

    ah, yes, "shutting the door". I, too, fear the day when Nintendo hits the "3DS Over" button and the 12 years of 3DS software just evaporates never to be played again

  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I just don't see how it's really worth complaining about given that every direct so far has been like 90% Switch-focused.

    ShortyOmnipotentBagelLegacyturtleantAndy JoemasterofmetroidSageinaRage
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    3DS has had a good run and it needs to go away so that Nintendo can look forward

    Also put Warioware on motherfucking Switch what the fresh hell

    Nintendo has released and is continuing to release plenty of Switch games. They are looking forward and there's no need for them to shut the door on every fan of theirs that can't afford a brand new $300 console or people who still want handheld games while doing so.

    ah, yes, "shutting the door". I, too, fear the day when Nintendo hits the "3DS Over" button and the 12 years of 3DS software just evaporates never to be played again

    1) Nintendo is pretty notoriously bad about continuing to keep old content available at retail
    2) "Anyone who doesn't want to buy a $300 shiny new thing can just entertain themselves with the back catalog" is a pretty shitty dismissal of a large segment of the market. By that same token y'all Switch elitists can content yourself with all the brand-new Switch-exclusive games. You don't need WarioWare

    cdci44qazyo3.gif

    ShortyMorivethCare Free Bomb
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    The only thing I want to hear about the 3DS is them sunsetting it finally

    Yeah and I don't play Xbox games so I hope Microsoft cancels it soon

    This is a hard stance to take after saying Splatoon can stop working because it doesn't impact you personally.

    bagel is mocking maddoc's "I don't like the 3DS so I hope everyone else's 3DS spontaneously combust so the people developing for it develop for a platform I want instead" stance

    It is the most reliable way to start a pissing match in the Nintendo thread

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Now that Nintendo's got this "Switch" thing out of their system it's time to put the focus back on the 3DS which is what really matters.

    MorivethOmnipotentBagelAndy Joe-TalCare Free BombwanderinggtrmpFrem
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Now that Nintendo's got this "Switch" thing out of their system it's time to put the focus back on the 3DS which is what really matters.

    3DS? Fuck that! Where's my WiiWare, Nintendo?!?

    Naphtali
  • pablo_pricepablo_price Registered User regular
    for the record, I think they absolutely should continue to publish 3DS games as long as they release them on switch as well. They do it for wiiu ports and things no one even cares about like sushi striker, there's no reason they can't do it for their core franchises.

    but I find the "moral high ground" 3DS-only position pretty tiresome. just say you want the games. leave out the hyperbole and the mythical 'poor mother who could only afford a $40 used 2ds, but is definitely buying her kid brand new $40 games to play on it'

  • pablo_pricepablo_price Registered User regular
    and since I was accused of being a switch elitist:
    the switch is an overpriced boondoggle of a system that is, in fact, a worse version of the wiiu. the best feature it has is that you can spend $60 extra dollars to give it a usable controller

    Virgil_Leads_You
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Ah yes, the bulwark of humility, claiming that people inconvenient to ones argument simply don't exist and that anyone arguing against it is just being disingenuous.

    OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

    ShortyAndy JoeCouscousCare Free BombNeveronWeedLordVegeta
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Well now I think you're just kind of a regular elitist

    QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | Switch Friend Code: SW-7440-9863-2027
    OmnipotentBagelDr. FlamingoGR_Zombie-TalCouscousmasterofmetroidCare Free BombNeveronWeedLordVegeta
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Now that Nintendo's got this "Switch" thing out of their system it's time to put the focus back on the 3DS which is what really matters.

    3DS? Fuck that! Where's my WiiWare, Nintendo?!?

    I would legit love if they put out a new Virtual Boy title

    cdci44qazyo3.gif

  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah now I’m not even sure what your position is

    Nintendo should stop producing 3ds stuff because they should focus on the Switch, a console you think is bad?

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It's so fucking simple to conceive of someone finding occasional $40 purchases to be manageable while a single $300 buy is not

    Do you know how daunting that is at a certain rung of the socioeconomic ladder? 300 in one go? That used to terrify me. While on the other hand, a cheap handheld and a periodic 40 dollar treat to myself of a new game is something I would have been much more comfortable with. Especially if it was for my child, for god's sake

    There's no need for you to be this unpleasant about any part of this argument but you're managing it for just about all of them

    QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | Switch Friend Code: SW-7440-9863-2027
    GR_ZombieAndy Joe-TalCouscousmasterofmetroidSeattle ThreadWeedLordVegeta
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    I want every game on the switch because it is convenient to me, personally.

    Also I have been spoiled forever and the 3ds screen looks like a blurry mess to me now

    Switch Friend Code: SW-0999-1072-9696
    Avatar art from Katribou
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    Nintendo should port the 3ds's ui to the Switch

    OmnipotentBagelElaroCrippl3
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Tomorrow’s Direct is just Reggie breaking the Switch over his knee and introducing a whole slew of new 3ds games

    Andy Joe
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Also the 3DS has been around for a long time, which is a benefit not a detriment. Maybe you bought it with a one-off bonus check years ago, maybe it was a gift, maybe you managed to scrimp and save to afford it, making a one-time short-term sacrifice with the promise of years of content to make it worthwhile. For years, Nintendo's handhelds have filled a space in games for people who can't just buy go out and buy the shiny new thing and the Switch simply can't fill that space.

    OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

    MorivethCrippl3Andy Joe-Talmasterofmetroiddarunia106
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    How dare Nintendo still make games for a system that has five times the install base as the Switch.

    MYtio8V.jpg
    LegacyCare Free Bomb
  • pablo_pricepablo_price Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It's so fucking simple to conceive of someone finding occasional $40 purchases to be manageable while a single $300 buy is not

    Do you know how daunting that is at a certain rung of the socioeconomic ladder? 300 in one go? That used to terrify me. While on the other hand, a cheap handheld and a periodic 40 dollar treat to myself of a new game is something I would have been much more comfortable with. Especially if it was for my child, for god's sake

    There's no need for you to be this unpleasant about any part of this argument but you're managing it for just about all of them

    I do know what that's like. I have been in that position and when I was I never thought a company was punishing me because they were making games for the new hotness. I played and enjoyed the wealth of older games that were available.

  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    But people want to play new things. There’s a value to being part of the zeitgeist of the new hot game. Just because you dealt with it doesn’t mean everyone wants to just play older stuff.

  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Show me Animal Crossing and the Switch goes back on the Christmas list, Nintendo!

    i feel animal crossing is next year

  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I just wish my 2ds screens weren't so little. My eyes ain't the best anymore.

    Or that they hadn't ditched the superior shape when they made the 2dsXL.

    X22wmuF.jpg
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    nintendo should shutter themselves so we don't have to have this argument anymore

    VQqUwhO.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I collected a couple 3DSs. A Samus one and a red and gold Mario and Luigi one.

    i have an original,a fire emblem white one a blue 2ds a galaxy a japanese n3ds and the pokemon 2dsxl i am sadly a street passing machine when i go out

  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Give me all the rights to all the Nintendo games

    You’ll get your fucking Animal Crossing, you god damned monsters

    Emerlmaster999
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Personally I think all non-GameCube systems should start exploding right around now

  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    If it was region free I would play primo dollars for a goddamn Metal Slime 3DS XL.

  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    The original Game Boy was available at retail for 14 years in some markets, so the 3DS can keep chugging along for a little while.

    It certainly doesn't seem to be hurting Switch sales or software quality.

    BahamutZEROturtleantOmnipotentBagelTDawg
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts KABOOM Splooooosh...Registered User regular
    This probably isn't how this works

    But I'm mad at the 3DS because I want Warioware to come out on the Switch

    Legacy
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    I just want WarioWare switch.

    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork


  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    I’ve been ghosted but in an excellent way!

    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork


  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    nintendo should shutter themselves so we don't have to have this argument anymore

    I would be pretty alright with this

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    for less than the price of a switch with zero games you could get a 2ds and five brand new games

    PNk1Ml4.png
    OmnipotentBageldarunia106Care Free BombNeveronAndy Joe
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Beat The Messenger, that game bangs almost as much as it's music does.

    A lot more jokes land in the back half of the game too.

    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Beat The Messenger, that game bangs almost as much as it's music does.

    A lot more jokes land in the back half of the game too.

    Oh, so would you say... message received?

  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I mean, I probably wouldn't.

    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    If it was region free I would play primo dollars for a goddamn Metal Slime 3DS XL.

    the fact that we didnt get this stateside is a crime and the only reason I waited and got a new 2ds XL instead

    d4As7TL.jpg
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Well, so much for the direct tomorrow. They're delaying it due to the huge earthquake in Hokkaido.

    https://www.facebook.com/119240841493711/posts/1913756345375476/

    Dr. Flamingo on
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    There will be a time when they shut down the eShop and you have to make sure you got all your stuff.

    I think that is why the next SSB already has everything included.

    Krathoon on
This discussion has been closed.