As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Tim Fowler broke his runner up streak to land the win.

Edit: "Perennial 2nd Place Time Fowler comes 2nd at being 2nd."

Dis' on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The name of Dan D'Argenio's 2015 card is pretty fuckin' funny, in retrospect.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    And there’s the Rules Reference/FAQ update with the Maxwell James errata.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    We're a week out from Worlds, and I haven't sat down and built my decks yet. I am kinda resigned to losing, but I want to at least be competitive for my opponents. Yet at the same time, I just.. don't know how to tackle this problem.

All I know is I want to play Crim/Weyland, to honor my roots. Either Leela or Gabriel. But beyond that.. I haven't followed the game closely in -years-, and I'm just going to have fun.. But.. ugh.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I mean, I can give you a Titan deck that'll probably wreck anyone not on Clot (and has some outs against that too, though it's harder for sure). Crim is in a tricky place right now, 419 and Liza are probably the most common. There's a 419 Apocalypse deck out there though (@Cerberus) that could potentially be transplanted into Leela, though you lose the Aumakua-expose synergy and some information, with the benefit that your apoc turns are probably slightly easier.

• Options
    I wouldn't recommend the 419 apoc deck for lapsed players? Seemed quite a tricky one to play. Basic good stuff criminal can still work out of Leela I think see this deck:

There's a lot of pretty robust Argus/Outfit decks from the German/Nordic nationals (i.e. with the MWL current for worlds) that might be good. Modern Titan is a very different beastie from weyland of old.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    The biggest thing is that I just want to have fun, and for the playstyle to reflect me.

My longest running decks were:

Gabriel (that I took to Regionals many years back)
    Gabriel Regionals

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core Set)

Event (19)
    3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
    2x Blackmail (Fear and Loathing)
    3x Easy Mark (Core Set)
    2x Forged Activation Orders (Core Set)
    3x Inside Job (Core Set)
    3x Special Order (Core Set)
    3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (9)
    2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ●●●●
    3x Desperado (Core Set)
    2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
    2x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)

Resource (5)
    2x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
    3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (10)
    1x Alias (Honor and Profit)
    1x Breach (Honor and Profit)
    1x Corroder (Core Set) ●●
    2x Faerie (Future Proof)
    2x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
    2x Gordian Blade (Core Set) ●●●●● ●
    1x Passport (Honor and Profit)

Program (3)
    1x Djinn (Core Set) ●●
    2x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
    14 influence spent (max 15, available 1)
    46 cards (min 45)
    Cards up to Honor and Profit

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Weyland BABW
    Weyland Regionals

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World (Core Set)

Agenda (10)
    2x Government Contracts (A Study in Static)
    3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
    1x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
    3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)
    1x The Cleaners (Second Thoughts)

Asset (10)
    1x Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control) ●●
    1x GRNDL Refinery (Fear and Loathing)
    3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ●●●
    2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
    2x Snare! (Core Set) ●●●●
    1x Zaibatsu Loyalty (Core Set)

Upgrade (1)
    1x Off the Grid (Second Thoughts)

Operation (13)
    3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
    3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
    2x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors)
    3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
    1x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
    1x Witness Tampering (Double Time)

Barrier (4)
    1x Curtain Wall (True Colors)
    2x Hadrian's Wall (Core Set)
    1x Hive (Double Time)

Code Gate (3)
    2x Enigma (Core Set)
    1x Tollbooth (Core Set) ●●

Sentry (6)
    2x Archer (Core Set)
    1x Flare (Future Proof) ●●●
    1x Grim (Opening Moves)
    2x Guard (Honor and Profit)

Other (2)
    2x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)
    15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
    20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
    49 cards (min 45)

I had fun with a Leela deck...
    Weyland Regionals

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World (Core Set)

Agenda (10)
    2x Government Contracts (A Study in Static)
    3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
    1x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
    1x The Cleaners (Second Thoughts)

Asset (10)
    1x Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control) ●●
    1x GRNDL Refinery (Fear and Loathing)
    3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ●●●
    2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
    2x Snare! (Core Set) ●●●●
    1x Zaibatsu Loyalty (Core Set)

Upgrade (1)
    1x Off the Grid (Second Thoughts)

Operation (13)
    3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
    2x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors)
    3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
    1x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
    1x Witness Tampering (Double Time)

Barrier (4)
    1x Curtain Wall (True Colors)
    2x Hadrian's Wall (Core Set)
    1x Hive (Double Time)

Code Gate (3)
    2x Enigma (Core Set)
    1x Tollbooth (Core Set) ●●

Sentry (6)
    2x Archer (Core Set)
    1x Flare (Future Proof) ●●●
    1x Grim (Opening Moves)
    2x Guard (Honor and Profit)

Other (2)
    2x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)
    15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
    49 cards (min 45)

And a Titan Transnational:
    Titan Store Championship v1

Titan Transnational: Investing In Your Future (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (10)
    1x Executive Retreat (Trace Amount)
    2x Firmware Updates (Order and Chaos)
    3x Geothermal Fracking (Opening Moves)
    1x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)

Asset (11)
    1x Constellation Protocol (Order and Chaos)
    2x Eve Campaign (Humanity's Shadow) ●●●●● ●
    2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ●●
    2x Mark Yale (Order and Chaos)
    2x PAD Campaign (Core Set)
    2x Space Camp (Order and Chaos)

Operation (13)
    3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
    2x Housekeeping (Order and Chaos)
    2x Patch (Order and Chaos)
    3x Trick of Light (Trace Amount) ●●●●● ●●●●

Barrier (7)
    2x Asteroid Belt (Order and Chaos)
    3x Fire Wall (Order and Chaos)
    2x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (2)
    2x Enigma (Core Set)

Sentry (5)
    2x Archer (Core Set)
    3x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)

Multi (1)
    1x Orion (Order and Chaos)
    17 influence spent (max 17, available 0)
    49 cards (min 45)
    Cards up to Order and Chaos

My friend GrimWalker also pointed me at a Leela DLR type deck that was fun but I think is blown apart by the restricted/banned cards now.

My latest two decks are a Fisk with a goal of decking my opponent:
    Fisk goal of decking

Laramy Fisk: Savvy Investor (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Event (21)
    3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
    3x Easy Mark (Revised Core Set)
    3x Fisk Investment Seminar (The Universe of Tomorrow)
    3x Inside Job (Revised Core Set)
    3x On the Lam (Martial Law)
    3x Sure Gamble (Revised Core Set)
    3x SYN Attack (Terminal Directive)

Hardware (5)
    3x HQ Interface (Revised Core Set)
    2x Polyhistor (Terminal Directive)

Resource (11)
    2x Bank Job (Revised Core Set)
    3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
    1x Eden Shard (Upstalk)
    2x Enhanced Vision (The Valley)
    3x Gang Sign (The Underway)

Icebreaker (6)
    2x Gordian Blade (Revised Core Set) ●●●●● ●
    2x Lustig (Terminal Directive)
    2x Paperclip (Blood Money) ●●●●● ●

Program (2)
    2x Cache (The Spaces Between)
    13 influence spent (max 15, available 2)
    45 cards (min 45)
    Cards up to Revised Core Set

And a Weyland aimed at doing chip damage over time and wearing down my opponent.
    Weyland thousand cuts

Weyland Consortium: Builder of Nations (Blood Money)

Agenda (11)
    3x Firmware Updates (Order and Chaos)
    3x Hostile Takeover (Revised Core Set)
    1x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
    2x Project Atlas (Revised Core Set)
    2x The Cleaners (Revised Core Set)

Asset (10)
    2x GRNDL Refinery (Revised Core Set)
    1x Project Junebug (Revised Core Set)
    2x Sandburg (23 Seconds)
    2x Snare! (Revised Core Set) ●●●●
    2x Space Camp (Order and Chaos)
    1x The Root (Upstalk)

Operation (12)
    3x Beanstalk Royalties (Revised Core Set)
    2x Dedication Ceremony (Kala Ghoda)
    3x Hedge Fund (Revised Core Set)
    2x Housekeeping (Order and Chaos)
    2x Trick of Light (Revised Core Set) ●●●●● ●

Barrier (5)
    2x Fire Wall (Order and Chaos)
    3x Ice Wall (Revised Core Set)

Code Gate (3)
    3x Mausolus (Martial Law)

Sentry (3)
    1x Archer (Revised Core Set)
    2x Shadow (Revised Core Set)
    11 influence spent (max 12, available 1)
    18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
    44 cards (min 40)
    Cards up to Revised Core Set

I haven't played with any Kitara cards or R&R cards, save for maybe a couple swaps in those last two decks.

On the criminal side, I did best when I just stopped caring about the corp. Run hard, run fast, maximize tempo and hit as hard as I can. I loved having so much money that the corp just couldn't outspend me. I didn't go full-on tag me, but I definitely was known to run on click 4 a lot more than someone should.

On the corp side? Similar idea - One or two honeypot servers, blind bluffs, anything involving GRNDL Refineries, Snares, Cerebral overwriter, that kind of thing. I never liked Scorched Earth, but I would seem to threaten it. I also like playing with Weyland's advance-able ice and glaciers.

If I can find decks that play like that, and won't just be blown out, then I think I'll have a good time.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Wait.

Could my Fisk deck still be viable? I built it earlier this year, so again, no newer stuff. But it appears to be completely legal at the moment. It may not be optimized... but.. possibly??

Edit: Okay, went ahead and workshopped this with my fellow players. I'll see how it plays tomorrow. Still need a corp deck.

http://www.netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/1181805

Athenor on
  • Options
    Fisk is certainly a bold choice - corps have sufficiently efficient tools now that they generally benefit from the draw rather than getting flooded by it (fisking SPORTSMETAL sounds like a bad time, and there was an agenda filtering card for each faction in Reign and Reverie), but it could be hilarious fun as well :)!

I would say that SYN attack giving the corp a choice makes it a real bad card even for the theme of maximum fisk, and you'd be better served with the 3rd Bankroll or 2nd Turtle.

• Options
    Dis' wrote: »
    Fisk is certainly a bold choice - corps have sufficiently efficient tools now that they generally benefit from the draw rather than getting flooded by it (fisking SPORTSMETAL sounds like a bad time, and there was an agenda filtering card for each faction in Reign and Reverie), but it could be hilarious fun as well :)!

I would say that SYN attack giving the corp a choice makes it a real bad card even for the theme of maximum fisk, and you'd be better served with the 3rd Bankroll or 2nd Turtle.

Yeah, the Syn attack putting the choice in the hand of the corp seemed like a bad idea. I'd probably go for a 2nd turtle, as I tend to get real scared of losing my breakers.

But I know that earlier iterations of this deck applied a ton of pressure to the corp. And I think it'll be fun without being a negative play experience. I mean, a crim mill deck just sounds wild!

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    that much OP support would have been nice two years ago, but at least they're going out with a bang

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    that much OP support would have been nice two years ago, but at least they're going out with a bang

Yeah. The L5R support's been ramping up, but nothing like this. It makes me kinda regret playing a gimmick deck. :)

• Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    Holy Christ those prizes are something else!

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Okay, one more deck I found online today that I keep staring at and wondering if it will work.

http://www.netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/52366/dying-for-the-city

From the description, it sounds like you basically have all the money in the world, and score these giant agendas as your primary win condition- and punish if they steal them. I'm not sure if this is a viable deck or not, but it sure as hell looks fun. I would likely tweak it to my playstyle.... but I love the idea of just having EVERY transaction out there available.

Thoughts/feedback? I'd throw in at least a couple assets - likely a snare or two, my standby of Grndl (though I don't think I'll need the money and usually grndls are advancement soaks for me)... maybe a boom to take advantage of the tags Surveyor / Mausolus / Prisec can dish out?

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Okay, one more deck I found online today that I keep staring at and wondering if it will work.

http://www.netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/52366/dying-for-the-city

From the description, it sounds like you basically have all the money in the world, and score these giant agendas as your primary win condition- and punish if they steal them. I'm not sure if this is a viable deck or not, but it sure as hell looks fun. I would likely tweak it to my playstyle.... but I love the idea of just having EVERY transaction out there available.

Thoughts/feedback? I'd throw in at least a couple assets - likely a snare or two, my standby of Grndl (though I don't think I'll need the money and usually grndls are advancement soaks for me)... maybe a boom to take advantage of the tags Surveyor / Mausolus / Prisec can dish out?

It's possible that its a joke/theme deck, knails is wont to do such things (though they are a pretty good player). So it might be a bit risky, Boom vs High Profile target is a playstyle thing - if your relying on passive tags the fact that HPT can wait in your hand untrashable is pretty good over boom.

• Options
    That's what I am scared of - that this is a joke deck and I just can't tell. I really like the idea of making all the money and just threatening to unleash hell, but the ice density is so thin and the agendas so big to accomplish that...

• Options
    edited September 2018
    That's what I am scared of - that this is a joke deck and I just can't tell. I really like the idea of making all the money and just threatening to unleash hell, but the ice density is so thin and the agendas so big to accomplish that...

@Athenor I spoke to knails and they said the deck was more than a meme but their refinement of the deck looks like this list. They did say it was confirmed fun which sounds good. Rashida helps with drawing enough ice apparently.

Dis' on
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Athenor I spoke to knails and they said the deck was more than a meme but their refinement of the deck looks like this list. They did say it was confirmed fun which sounds good. Rashida helps with drawing enough ice apparently.

Nice. :) I've been workshopping with my friends and one basically turned it into a HHN/HPT deck with a focus on surveyor... it seems to stray quite far from the concept. When I played knails' deck last night, I just could not get enough credits.

I've been playing a lot of runner this morning, getting my ass kicked. I really don't know how to handle HHN and still be an agressive crim.

On the other hand? I never liked playing scorched earth decks. That's why Knails' deck appealed to me - something different.

Athenor on
  • Options
    I'm not sure the knails deck is meant to be that rich - seems more like you'll constantly be jamming stuff in the remote and making them waste money getting in, with City Works/Dedication ceremony as the closer. One of those blockchain on R&D, nothing on HQ, big old ice stack on the remote way of playing things.

• Options
    I'm not sure the knails deck is meant to be that rich - seems more like you'll constantly be jamming stuff in the remote and making them waste money getting in, with City Works/Dedication ceremony as the closer. One of those blockchain on R&D, nothing on HQ, big old ice stack on the remote way of playing things.

This makes sense. As long as I don't draw 4 agendas in the first two turns!

My Fisk deck has been reworked into a leela deck with rebirth. Goal now is to flood HQ and pick from it. But knowing when to turn on the gas and avoid hhn is just... Ugh.

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    That's a pretty big tease without the NAPD identity. :lol:

• Options
    12 hours of near continuous driving later, because I .make a lot of stops... Here we go.

• Options
    0-4 so far, but I've been scaring people!

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Frem wrote: »

There’s images of it floating around.
    The starting side has you draw a opening hand of 10 cards, and before your first turn you can install up to five cards and Rez any number of them, lowering the total Rez cost among them by 20. And then flip.

The flip side forces the runner to lose 1c per agenda in their score area the first time they initiate a run each turn, and you gain 1c per credit lost.

And it also has a click: gain 3c or draw 3 cards.

40 min deck size/infinite influence.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Frem wrote: »

There’s images of it floating around.
    The starting side has you draw a opening hand of 10 cards, and before your first turn you can install up to five cards and Rez any number of them, lowering the total Rez cost among them by 20. And then flip.

The flip side forces the runner to lose 1c per agenda in their score area the first time they initiate a run each turn, and you gain 1c per credit lost.

And it also has a click: gain 3c or draw 3 cards.

40 min deck size/infinite influence.

Give me a min, I'll post the swag bundle. Also, finally won one! My wetland beat an apex!
    Edit: Here you go. Clickable for larger links.

sKlI2jdm.jpg?1wSiCpy7m.jpg?1

qPD8Emem.jpg

kn0snzbm.jpg

PGspcLJm.jpg

U3LrV3Fm.jpg

dTZ2Oa8m.jpg

JZoLSsYm.jpg

E3R3CUlm.jpg

Interestingly, the worlds cards have out of sequence numbers to them...

Athenor on
  • Options
    The day 1b card is shaping up scary. It's currently an upgrade that says in order to run this server, the runner must trash an agenda. The final vote is going to be whether this can be negated by a run on HQ or if it can be negated by running with 2 or fewer cards in the grip. Both versions are 1 influence, limit 1 per deck, but the HQ one is cheaper and the 2 cards one has a higher trash cost (of 4).

• Options
    I made it to day 2! Gonna start in about an hour.

• Options
    I made it to day 2! Gonna start in about an hour.

Nice!

If you are still around let me know in pm, I'd like to say hi!

• Options
    Ack! Didn't see this until just now.

Ended up getting swept/sweeping in the two rounds today, for a final position of 45th overall. Would have liked to do better but I'm pleased enough with how it ended!

• Options
    Ack! Didn't see this until just now.

Ended up getting swept/sweeping in the two rounds today, for a final position of 45th overall. Would have liked to do better but I'm pleased enough with how it ended!

Very nice!

One of my carmates did make it to like 20th or something, the other missed the 32 cut, so at least 1 of those mats is going to Chicago.

On the way back home, we listened to the final few matches. HOLY HELL. Scoring a 7-point Beale to win...

Seriously. I want to go back and watch all the coverage.

• Options
    The official files for the Champion cards, Community cards, and the NAPD ID are up on the Player Resources section.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    there's something weird going on with them though- the 3/1 agenda is totally different name and art to the 4/2 that got given out at worlds, and Labor Rights is 4 cards rather than 3

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    there's something weird going on with them though- the 3/1 agenda is totally different name and art to the 4/2 that got given out at worlds, and Labor Rights is 4 cards rather than 3

These prints are for the last round of playtesting apparently, not the finalised versions. Oh FFG...

• Options

These prints are for the last round of playtesting apparently, not the finalised versions. Oh FFG...

We were joking how the cards weren't play tested, or how they were only play tested among the worlds winners and not the larger play test pool.

• Options

We were joking how the cards weren't play tested, or how they were only play tested among the worlds winners and not the larger play test pool.

Nah they were definately playtested by the normal playtest groups (quite a lot of playtesters are now chatting about stuff since the NDA doesn't mean anything with the game ending at FFG).

• Options

Nah they were definately playtested by the normal playtest groups (quite a lot of playtesters are now chatting about stuff since the NDA doesn't mean anything with the game ending at FFG).

Hmm. The people I played with/against at worlds definitely hadn't, the way they were talking. Good to know!

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    My preorder from FFG showed up! In a super crushed package! Containing a crushed Reign and Reverie box! But the cards are somehow totally fine!

Under any other circumstance I'd complain to FFG or the shipping company, but I feel blessed to get these at all, haha.

Frem on