As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] You're Not Crazy: Cutest Molaihts Now Cost Super Mitboost Gates

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Cayde not in Tower or Farm. I'm seeing reports it's bugged and have to wait for a reset?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Never mind. Have to either max level or finish first few Forsaken missions to unlock patrols now. SHEESH.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    That's pretty damned lame.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Guys what can I spend glimmer on at level 20 or so? I'm maxed out and want to dump it into something useful before I actually hit the cap

Applying shaders to ships and sparrows is surprisingly expensive in glimmer. Make your shit shiny?

Not any more.

Applying shaders is freeeeeeee

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Guys what can I spend glimmer on at level 20 or so? I'm maxed out and want to dump it into something useful before I actually hit the cap

Applying shaders to ships and sparrows is surprisingly expensive in glimmer. Make your shit shiny?

Not any more.

Applying shaders is freeeeeeee

Well fuck. I don't know anything anymore. Dogs and cats. Living together.

I sure as shit don't know how to kill invaders in Gambit with a hand cannon, I'll tell you that much.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I played in a way that actively sabotaged my games until I got that part done. It sucks.

What also sucks is that every invader will either have a linear fusion or a sleeper simulant and map you with a bodyshot before you can even nail down where they are. It's profoundly dumb. They need to get rid of that overshield bit if people are just gonna be assholes about it because it's not like they're gonna ban weapons

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    One thing I will say? Leavers are the worst. I spawned into a game where my team had two people including me, leaving the other team free to just drop taken ogres and knights on us until it was over and was probably the most misrerable experience I've ever had in this game

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    So in Destiny 1, the Guardian briefly visits Mars and pisses off the Cabal. Rather than chastising you, Zavala briskly informs you that "whether we wanted it or not, we're at war with the Cabal" and immediately sets you off to start assassinating their leadership straight up.

In Warmind, Zavala is terrified of working with Rasputin, despite already directing the Guardian to basically do that several times already. He goes so far as to send one Guardian to fight a Hive God solo in its own territory, with no plan, no Strike team, and no Raid team. The Guardian isn't killed forever by pure luck.

Now in Forsaken,
    Zavala takes the bizarre and basically indefensibly stupid position of "eh, let's allow a power mad team of Fallen who just assassinated one of the Vanguard to take over territory and kill our allies. There's nothing we can do because... ?" All this just to set up "The Guardian is out for revenge in enemy territory without support! How extreme and badass!" It's really dumb?

tl;dr they are actually writing D2 Zavala much worse than Cayde ever was.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    So in Destiny 1, the Guardian briefly visits Mars and pisses off the Cabal. Rather than chastising you, Zavala briskly informs you that "whether we wanted it or not, we're at war with the Cabal" and immediately sets you off to start assassinating their leadership straight up.

In Warmind, Zavala is terrified of working with Rasputin, despite already directing the Guardian to basically do that several times already. He goes so far as to send one Guardian to fight a Hive God solo in its own territory, with no plan, no Strike team, and no Raid team. The Guardian isn't killed forever by pure luck.

Now in Forsaken,
    Zavala takes the bizarre and basically indefensibly stupid position of "eh, let's allow a power mad team of Fallen who just assassinated one of the Vanguard to take over territory and kill our allies. There's nothing we can do because... ?" All this just to set up "The Guardian is out for revenge in enemy territory without support! How extreme and badass!" It's really dumb?

Zavala has been a dumbass for all of D2. Ikora had a spate of dumbassery and then came around. Cayde was in it for the win the whole damned time.

What makes especially little sense to me (Forsaken post-story spoilers)
    is that Zavala is basically made out to be right except that nobody agrees with him.

Somehow one Guardian going to war with the Reef is okay. "I" take out all of the Barons, establish a relationship with the Spider, reestablish a relationship with Petra and the Queen's Wrath, and (thanks to Petra) establish an amensty on Guardians fucking about with the Dreaming City.

Yet, at the same time, people are like, "Yeah, so...Zavala was probably right and it's all kind of fucked up but I hope you shot that guy - just don't tell me if you did.
    But you didn't. They tell you that like immediately because Traveler-forfend there be any ambiguity.

• Options

Now in Forsaken,

Yeah I remember Zavala being straight laced and kinda stuck up on protocol but he was in no way shy about getting hands dirty.

"Survival is a temporary condition"

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Dreaming city is so good.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    It's weird not really having a solid grasp on how shit works in this game again

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Meltdown is a terrible map. Takes every snowballing problem destiny has and adds easily campable spawns on top of it.

just a triangle of shit basically

edit: weirdly, shaxx called a mercy at 31-68. I think we could have maybe had a chance to come back from that, and makes him not calling other games at like 15-80 all the weirder

ronzo on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Third Gambit match I’ve tried, got multiple All For One medals from clearing the enemy team when invading.

... Still lost the match, mainly due to a specific Rando Calrissian losing like 40-50 motes to the ether over 3 rounds. :?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Wait, no faction rallies in year 2 (or at least, no timeline for their return)? I need New Monarchy gear, damn it!

Factually incorrect, this is not a thing you need, or should even want.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Third Gambit match I’ve tried, got multiple All For One medals from clearing the enemy team when invading.

... Still lost the match, mainly due to a specific Rando Calrissian losing like 40-50 motes to the ether over 3 rounds. :?

I have stopped picking up motes on whichever gambit map is the series of platforms over lethal falls/acid pools because I just cannot stay away from the edge. I fall to my death a handful of times any time that gambit map pops up.

I feel your pain because I cause it.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I know this has probably been discussed a bunch, but I've kept up with the thread and don't recall the answer, so can someone help me out?

Question is: when's the best time to turn in all of these Vanguard tokens, Crucible tokens, and Gunsmith weapon parts for gear? Is it once I get to the 500 soft cap? Or should I try to get some Powerful Gear drops first and then turn 'em all in, or reverse that order, or what?

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Just had a Dust Rock Blues (precision, high-impact kinetic shotty) drop with Full Choke, Slideshot, and Snapshot

this is why people wanted random rolls back, hot damn

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I know this has probably been discussed a bunch, but I've kept up with the thread and don't recall the answer, so can someone help me out?

Question is: when's the best time to turn in all of these Vanguard tokens, Crucible tokens, and Gunsmith weapon parts for gear? Is it once I get to the 500 soft cap? Or should I try to get some Powerful Gear drops first and then turn 'em all in, or reverse that order, or what?

I turned them in before hitting 500 to hit the soft cap faster. The vendors seem subject to some weird power level tiering, at 454, 474, and 494. I checked back at the tower every once in a while to see what tier of gear they gave out, and if it was an upgrade I dumped a bunch of tokens on 'em.

After hitting 50L/500LL, the gear is subject to the soft cap.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Now in Forsaken,

Eh. The Red War fucked him up way more than anybody is admitting. I would have liked them to use Forsaken as a turning point for him but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    ronzo wrote: »
    Just had a Dust Rock Blues (precision, high-impact kinetic shotty) drop with Full Choke, Slideshot, and Snapshot

this is why people wanted random rolls back, hot damn

Another good drop just happened, replaced my trusty year 1 last hope with this:

Last Dance: Ricochet Rounds-Quickdraw-Zen Moment.

The last dance was basically the exact same gun as the hope, and now I have one with quickdraw. Awesome.

ronzo on
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Year 2 gear doesn't use Year 1 ornaments????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :?

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

I think someone said level 43 is either the last level that blocks power progression or is when it unlocks. One of the two? So, level 44 it'd be safe to incrementally blow tokens to get to 500?

Either way, they went to lengths to ensure no powerful rewards until the very end of the story, so it's not super beneficial to power up before doing the story. It looks like the best thing to do now is to hit level 50 asap so you get in as many of the daily powerful rewards as you can. I think there's essentially 3 daily powerful engrams a day (1 daily challenge somewhere and 2 primes).

Eh. The Red War fucked him up way more than anybody is admitting. I would have liked them to use Forsaken as a turning point for him but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.
    Yeah, there's dialogue / text from Ikora stating that he's more withdrawn than ever that gets briefly mentioned when she's reminiscing about Cayde. It almost feels like he'll be the next to die.

I just hope they don't add Hawthorne to the Vanguard to replace Cayde.

As an aside, I sincerely sympathize with anyone who has to do Cayde's Will like a month from now.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I got whatever that new 140 rpm Hand Cannon is with triple tap and delayed explosives on the bullets.

That has been a very handy gun to bring with me through the story so far.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    A buddy got "Trust", the Gambit hand cannon. He was raving about it and quickly used it to knock out the first step of Cayde's Will last night.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for the input, guys. I haven't had enough time to finish the story this week, but that's what I'll be doing this weekend. Played some of it last night and am really enjoying it.

Edit: Seriously, my wife is away all weekend and I fully intend on doing NOTHING but playing this game (and eating) tomorrow, morning thru night. I'm SO HYPED for it.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I have to go to a dumb wedding. That hads dumb camping tonight and tomorrow night.
    It’s literally going to be the hardest thing I’ve ever done.

Also the best use of your tokens is to get the full vendor set so you can run the quest to do X activity in a full set for a powerful reward

616610-1.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Also the best use of your tokens is to get the full vendor set so you can run the quest to do X activity in a full set for a powerful reward
    I have zero idea what this means, which means I need to finish the campaign pronto and find out.

Also, don't feel too bad about being at a wedding this weekend. I'm at a bach party next weekend, and while I'm excited for it, it also means that I'm missing raid weekend #1.

GMaster7 on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    These Wanted missions that are for High-Value Targets are super fucking annoying to do.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I have zero idea what this means, which means I need to finish the campaign pronto and find out.

Also, don't feel too bad about being at a wedding this weekend. I'm at a bach party next weekend, and while I'm excited for it, it also means that I'm missing raid weekend #1.

That's actually the level 50 thing.

Mechanics:
    Shaxx, Zavala and Drifter all have quest steps that involve doing their respective activity while wearing a full set of their season 4 armor. Be aware that Shaxx isn't handing out Hunter Cloaks for some reason. They do drop though.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Powerful Engrams are fun when you are bottlenecked by a 500 class item.

Why didnt they reinvent this system?

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Powerful Engrams are fun when you are bottlenecked by a 500 class item.

Why didnt they reinvent this system?

Unless you are at max level you can't get bottlenecked like that.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I’ve gotten 3 505’ish powerful engram helmets in a row.

Also Devrims powerful FP engram seems to be bugged, it drops at 500

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Unless they've changed how it works it should just be based off average power level of your highest possible gear-set.

My drops have been slowly creeping up, from like 504 to 509 earlier today.

Feels a lot slower then it used to. Powerful rewards aren't dropping way higher then my current light level but it seems to still be working.

• Options

That's actually the level 50 thing.

Mechanics:
    Shaxx, Zavala and Drifter all have quest steps that involve doing their respective activity while wearing a full set of their season 4 armor. Be aware that Shaxx isn't handing out Hunter Cloaks for some reason. They do drop though.
    There's so much cool questline/pursuit shit in Forsaken.

• Options
    Btw, it's not just Hunter cloaks Shaxx is refusing to give out. Apparently it's all class items. Can still drop via Crucible itself, though.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I just wish I knew what the raid level is supposed to be.

Its also bullshit to lock powerful engrams behind full gear sets for various activities.

What are we even supposed to do in Dreaming City after arriving there? everything seems to be 30-45 levels higher than me.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Evidently each “daily” powerful engram for activities like gambit, strikes, crucible, etc. reset every 4 days, but the days are staggered. So for example, Tuesday the strike daily resets, Wednesday it’s crucible, Thursday its gambit and so on. That isn’t the exact schedule, by the way, just an example from TW@B. So basically every day you can get two power engrams from whatever daily is up that day and the prime engram random one.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    6gtnxbsvfrgw.png

Fallen Theme armor looks really sharp with the Copper/White/Blue combo shader.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yo Sentinel feels legit powerful after the buffs. Nice to have other viable subclasses again!

This discussion has been closed.