As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

twitter embedding broke

BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
Mr. G wrote: »

I started noticing it today. Desktop Firefox 62.0 here.

e: seems to be working now.

BahamutZERO.gif
BahamutZERO on

• Options
    they're not embedding again

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    qylvvum74edf.png
    I'd check your addons and junk. Havent seen an issue.

• Options
    ah right you are, it's the version 62.0's tracking protection toggle doing it.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so i've been having this issue where it'll not embed and then i'll refresh and it's embedded, and then i'll refresh again and it's not embedded

and it seems fairly random. sometimes works first time, sometimes works when i post, which used to not be the case at all without refreshing the page

up to date chrome on desktop, though i see this on mobile chrome as well

i don't really use add-ons other than adblock but pausing it didn't fix the problem

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Are you also on firefox? I will note that I've heard of people having issues with twitter videos lately independent of vanilla.

It is normal with the current editor to not see your own embed until after you've refreshed the page you've just embedded to, just to clarify.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    chrome for me, though i think today i don’t recall seeing the problem

and also to clarify i also experienced the problem with any twitter link, not just posting them myself

the one in this thread shows up fine currently but didn’t at the time of my last post

Allegedly a voice of reason.