As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Spider-Man] Speeder and Miles Webs Prower 10/20/23

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    A lot of the gadgets are actually from the comics, when Doc Ock took over as Superior Spider-Man he used lots of spider drones and such. There's a huge Dan Slott feel to the whole game, which IMO is a good thing as he's become one of my fav Spidey writers

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Tulabelle wrote: »
    While some of these suits are just horrible, the white spider is really growing on me. I really like it.

Aside from the Stark suit and the new White Spider, I haven't really liked any of the suits. The Noir suit is ok but a bit too weird.

The noir suit is so terrible and out of place it’s awesome.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I’ve also come to the rather obvious conclusion that Spider-man is basically Batman but better in every way.

He’s my favorite now.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Does anyone else want to make May Parker's famous wheatcakes? I found the recipe in one of the web backpacks, and it seems legit.
    May Parker's famous wheatcakes. (re-organized slightly)

Ingredients:
    1 cup buckweat flour
    1 cup sifted whole wheat flour
    2 tsps double-acting baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt

2 cups buttermilk
    2 tsps molasses
    2 eggs, separated
    1/4 cup melted butter

In a bowl, mix the buttermilk and molasses together, set aside.
    In a separate, large bowl, mix together the buckweat flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
    Beat the egg yolks, add to the flour mixture alongside the butter and the buttermilk/molasses mixture. Mix until combined
    Beat the egg whites until stiff (but not dry). Carefully fold the egg whites into the mixture until blended. Don't overmix.

Cook on a greased, hot griddle or frying pan until small bubbles form on top. Flip and cook until both sides are browned.
    Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Just don't mix it up with the dumpling recipe.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Man, some of these challenges don't mess around. Had to do one like a dozen times before I finally 3 started it

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I like the Scarlet Spider suit. And I always put Noir on when I'm going into a sneaking mission.

I go with the Secret War black suit. It looks like something Peter would actually wear on a sneaking mission (because it is).

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I'm digging the Suit you get from doing all the Black Cat missions.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    I like the Scarlet Spider suit. And I always put Noir on when I'm going into a sneaking mission.

I go with the Secret War black suit. It looks like something Peter would actually wear on a sneaking mission (because it is).

Haven't got that one yet. Noir spoke to me for its look and the fact that it nets you a stealth-based suit power.

That said, how does Sound of Silence work? I imagine that it doesn't stop patrols from raising an alarm if you do a stealth takedown on a Danger target. So when do you use it?

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Does anyone else want to make May Parker's famous wheatcakes? I found the recipe in one of the web backpacks, and it seems legit.
    May Parker's famous wheatcakes. (re-organized slightly)

Ingredients:
    1 cup buckweat flour
    1 cup sifted whole wheat flour
    2 tsps double-acting baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt

2 cups buttermilk
    2 tsps molasses
    2 eggs, separated
    1/4 cup melted butter

In a bowl, mix the buttermilk and molasses together, set aside.
    In a separate, large bowl, mix together the buckweat flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
    Beat the egg yolks, add to the flour mixture alongside the butter and the buttermilk/molasses mixture. Mix until combined
    Beat the egg whites until stiff (but not dry). Carefully fold the egg whites into the mixture until blended. Don't overmix.

Cook on a greased, hot griddle or frying pan until small bubbles form on top. Flip and cook until both sides are browned.
    Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.

There's a dumpling recipe too

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    End of Act 1 spoils
    hey, how does Peter figure out it's Li? He's unconscious at that point. Miles sees him, but doesn't know who Li is?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    End of Act 1 spoils
    hey, how does Peter figure out it's Li? He's unconscious at that point. Miles sees him, but doesn't know who Li is?

Seriously.
    Maybe Miles describes the man he saw as a key witness in the incident, and Peter thinks that describes Li.

Also, isn't Miles's last name Morales? That's not his dad's last name.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    End of Act 1 spoils

Seriously.
    Maybe Miles describes the man he saw as a key witness in the incident, and Peter thinks that describes Li.

His mother is the Morales iirc.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I had forgotten how Spiderman games are structured, even down to the waves of goons to fight inside a museum (that might be from the second one with Electro). Is there an unlock where Peter wraps his fists in web to punch harder?

At least the swinging is good.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Well, I'll be using web bombs all the time now.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I had forgotten how Spiderman games are structured, even down to the waves of goons to fight inside a museum (that might be from the second one with Electro). Is there an unlock where Peter wraps his fists in web to punch harder?

At least the swinging is good.

Melee damage increases several times over the course of the game, and there's something like four different suit powers that are great for cutting through crowds of enemies. There is actually one suit power which makes it so every punch knocks enemies down, but it takes a while to unlock (the unlock is level-based, unfortunately). Spider-Bro and the multi-web supers are both great for crowds and accessible pretty early on.

I'm on the highest difficulty and I'm not having any problems with the combat, but there's zero downside to just using the lowest difficulty as well. I'm a fair ways into the game and I regularly annihilate groups of a dozen or so enemies at once, even without suit powers.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    My favorite way to deal with large groups is to make them submit to the power of ROCK
    Seriously, that Spider Punk suit power is incredible.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I do wish there was a better way to switch suit powers than the menu. There are several suit powers I would like to use, but I end up sticking with just one because I don't feel like opening up the menu and selecting a power every time I go in and out of different encounters.

The 2099 suit is one I particularly enjoyed, because you can coast for ridiculous distances with the low-G power.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I'd love to go check out that suspicious-probably-a-bomb on the building for you, but I really need to catch this pigeon.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Just beat the game! I did all the side missions, black cat and backpack collectibles, and a large chunk of everything else. Only thing I didn't get to finish that I kind of wish I did was Taskmaster challenges. As a Spidey comics fan this game was a 8/10 for me, held back only by the samey open world missions. I think once all the DLC comes out it will nudge it to a 10 for me. All in all, well worth the $7 three day Redbox rental for me. I'm definitely getting it digital once all the DLC comes out and it goes on sale. I can't wait for the sequel, without going into spoilers there's just so much more left to explore in this new Spider-Man universe

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    He's not
    I do wish there was a better way to switch suit powers than the menu. There are several suit powers I would like to use, but I end up sticking with just one because I don't feel like opening up the menu and selecting a power every time I go in and out of different encounters.

The 2099 suit is one I particularly enjoyed, because you can coast for ridiculous distances with the low-G power.

Honestly if they had the powers on a quick select wheel like the gadgets it would be aces. Being able to swap on the fly would rally blow the doors of combat variations.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    rb4d0s5d650a.jpg
    Hey, I'm swingin' here!!

• Options
    I'm gonna pretend all these research side missions where you have to deal with clouds of poison gas are a reference to the early PS1 games where the entire city was covered with a poison gas to explain why you couldn't actually go onto the street until the next gen of consoles.

But according to trophies I just finished Act 1 and that was a good ass set piece fight. I like how it behooves you to enter some of these goon lairs from a different building entirely to pick some people off first (one rooftop was surrounded by snipers, so I just swung to those buildings and knocked out the snipers first).

steam_sig.png

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    End of Act 1 spoils

Seriously.

Prior to the bombs going off, Peter sees Lee getting out of his car among the demons. Its very brief because right after he sees all of the bombs and everything goes chaotic, but its implied in that moment that he put 2 and 2 together.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    End of Act 1 (I think):
    What blows my mind is the fact that they showed this sequence at a trade show - mighta' been E3, I forget - but when it actually happened in-game I was almost giddy with the thrill of it. Not-bad when you see it in a stream, fucking spectacular to have it happen at home for some reason lol.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    They've done a good job taking a character I know nothing about and had no feelings for and making them the main villain for a Spider-Man game. It's also really cool to see the world building they're doing in this game, fully embracing the Spider-Man universe in ways I wasn't expecting.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying the game and especially swinging around NY, but I'm really not very good at the combat. I tried my hand at one of the freely accessible Fisk Hideouts and usually make it until the final wave, but that's where they kill me. I'm thinking I need to acquaint myself better with the gadgets at my disposal.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the game and especially swinging around NY, but I'm really not very good at the combat. I tried my hand at one of the freely accessible Fisk Hideouts and usually make it until the final wave, but that's where they kill me. I'm thinking I need to acquaint myself better with the gadgets at my disposal.

Key skills will also help--air yank, swing kick, the web slam in the air or on the ground

Remember that if you web guys who are near walls or knocked down, they will be immediately incapacitated. This is hugely helpful. If you slam a guy or knock him back when he's webbed, he'll stick to the floor or wall, also.

Impact webs are like one-shot kills for enemies near walls, and firing a bunch is great for crowd thinning.

Stay in the air as much as possible; remember you still have all your regular movement options like swinging, web zipping, running along walls, etc. Prioritize escaping from bad situations over doing damage. Yank dudes into the air and combo them, and just watch for gunfire and rockets. Interrupt combos to dodge if necessary.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    If a specific enemy type is giving you trouble, Impact Web is an instant KO if you can lure them near a wall. Except for some of the later game enemies which require specific strategies, but it doesn't sound like you're at that point yet.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Early on when gadgets/powers are limited you can and also just work on bouncing around with triangle to pick off guys at the edge of the fight. You can't quite pull off the same kind of arkham nonsense in the middle of ten guys

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Does anyone else think the gun-yank web skill is useless? Or at least, I'm definitely using it wrong - the animation seems to take so long that no matter where I use it from, if there is even a single other enemy alive I'm going to get hit out of the animation.

It says just hold down triangle - is there more to it?

Also webbing a dude in midair before slamming him into a wall is always awesome.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Does anyone else think the gun-yank web skill is useless? Or at least, I'm definitely using it wrong - the animation seems to take so long that no matter where I use it from, if there is even a single other enemy alive I'm going to get hit out of the animation.

Also webbing a dude in midair before slamming him into a wall is always awesome.

Yeah I grabbed it and it's just not very good--you might as well just zip over and smack him, or dodge his attack, or web him up

However, the "perfect dodge gunfire and then instant takedown" ability is super dope

• Options
    I put a lot of my first few points into crowd control. Enemies being hit with the spinning garbage L1/R1 throw, using enemies as a wrecking ball, etc. Eventually you start playing it like Shadow of Mordor, where you just go into a big crowd and start spamming instakill finishers to thin things out a bit. There's even a perk that lets you chain a 2nd KO move after the first one as long as the enemy is a regular enemy.

I also do a lot of air fighting now: hit an enemy into the air, punch them a bit, maybe swing into them to knock them off a building, or if I'm on the way down, start webbing somebody.

As for the disarm move, I like having it and knowing it's there, but also I usually end up doing it by accident when I'm trying to swing an enemy around in the air. I just got the perk that lets you auto KO gun guys from far away if you perfect dodge their bullets.

steam_sig.png

• Options

Yeah I grabbed it and it's just not very good--you might as well just zip over and smack him, or dodge his attack, or web him up

However, the "perfect dodge gunfire and then instant takedown" ability is super dope

Okay that makes me feel better. I went deep into the left tree (after maxing the right tree) because (1) webbing and throwing a Heavy is a huge plus, for me and (2) tossing back rockets sounds like a good time, but I wish I'd put more points into the brawling tree, now.

Still, being able to throw around a webbed heavy is major.

Web him up.

Grab him.

Swing him around.

Don't throw him at a nearby enemy.

Throw him into the nearest wall. Smak! Heavy situation resolved!

• Options
    Oh, I did one of those pigeon side missions yesterday and it kinda sucked? Esp since the prompt to catch it was L1/R1 and not Triangle like in other side missions to catch moving cars and stuff.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I like the gun grabbing ability. When you can yank shields away and such its nice. Knock down some mooks, disarm them so there's not so much gunfire, throw their own gun back at their head, then run around punching them while they scramble to get their weapons back. Helps keeps things manageable I think.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    The auto-KO on perfect dodge move is good but it does have its limitations. You need to have the enemy who shot you on screen and have line of sight, so if you dodge a shot from behind you or your dodge takes you to a position that partially blocks who shot at you, you can't use it.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Okay that makes me feel better. I went deep into the left tree (after maxing the right tree) because (1) webbing and throwing a Heavy is a huge plus, for me and (2) tossing back rockets sounds like a good time, but I wish I'd put more points into the brawling tree, now.

Still, being able to throw around a webbed heavy is major.

Web him up.

Grab him.

Swing him around.

Don't throw him at a nearby enemy.

Throw him into the nearest wall. Smak! Heavy situation resolved!

Web+Wall is great.

But you can do that to Heavies with just the Throw move (not the Web Throw move). Get a Heavy nearish to a wall. Web him up. Zip over to him and hit square --> triangle. Chuck him at the nearest wall.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Hmmm I don't think I have that one yet - I didn't know it even worked on heavies!