As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch] Ashe is now Live!

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    More Bridget nerfs plz.

Your Overwatch had an interview with a top500 player about how Bridget is, and he brought up a nice way to sum her up (paraphrase) "she's too easy a solution for too much skill." America is the greatest but in the OW World Cup it was kinda weak to see Sinatraa switch to Bridget when needed just to make things work. A good check would be to just knock 25 HP off or make her a sloooow support (that would be new) and reduce her instant heal range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rhpJboQq00

Or they could you know stand back and murder her from range because she's got literally one ranged attack on a long cool down that doesn't punch through shields. And barely functions as a healer at range.

The issue isn’t that she can’t be countered, it’s that countering her is so much harder than playing her.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    What if shield bash put her ability to shield on CD?

I agree that there should be more decision making to her abilities. Her skill floor is super high right now.

must... resist... directionality of skill floor/ceiling debate...

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

I agree that there should be more decision making to her abilities. Her skill floor is super high right now.

I mean, there's clearly only one correct answer here!

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    As hilarious as it is that Blizzard thought release Brigitte would be balanced, l think Brigitte is fine now. Maybe increase the boop cooldown by 1 second, but I don't know how you can still be salty about her with Hanzo ruining everything.

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    More Bridget nerfs plz.

Your Overwatch had an interview with a top500 player about how Bridget is, and he brought up a nice way to sum her up (paraphrase) "she's too easy a solution for too much skill." America is the greatest but in the OW World Cup it was kinda weak to see Sinatraa switch to Bridget when needed just to make things work. A good check would be to just knock 25 HP off or make her a sloooow support (that would be new) and reduce her instant heal range.

Or they could you know stand back and murder her from range because she's got literally one ranged attack on a long cool down that doesn't punch through shields. And barely functions as a healer at range.

The issue isn’t that she can’t be countered, it’s that countering her is so much harder than playing her.

"Don't dive the anti dive character" isn't huge skill thing imo.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Make it so that after bashing she can't boop for like two seconds, but also her shield bash just instantly kills Tracer

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    i don't think brig needs a rework per se, but i'd lop two or three hundred health off her shield
    lol, a 300 HP shield. Hanzo, Junkrat, Pharah, or Widow hits her once MY BARRIER CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE

• ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Make it so that after bashing she can't boop for like two seconds, but also her shield bash just instantly kills Tracer

Hissss!

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Ooh apparently you can endorse in arcade now! Good! ^.^

More Bridget nerfs plz.

That's all well and good until she's walking in with a Rein. Then you can either fight her or lose the point.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Yeah brigitte needs... Something. If nothing else just extend the time it takes for her shield to start recharging, there's not much payoff to breaking her shield right now.

Some of it is also just goats comp overall, and brig is only part of that.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    More Bridget nerfs plz.

That's all well and good until she's walking in with a Rein. Then you can either fight her or lose the point.

Yeah exactly, that's the problem we're talking about. It's not that it's hard to counter her, it's that she counters too many other characters without needing much skill to do it. I'm fine with her being a good anti-dive character (it was sorely needed) but she also does a lot of other stuff a little too well. Like was mentioned, I don't think she needs a lot of work, but a few things here and there to bring her more in line (like the change to make her get stunned when she bashes a charging Rein/Doom is a good little tweak).

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

Can the skill be renamed to Tracer Eraser?

steam_sig.png
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    what makes a character good at anti-dive
    1. takes away mobility - some sort of root instead of a full stun, something like junks trap but have it be AE, her stun is really powerful and in many cases puts her in a better position than mccree. also allows a team to focus something down fast.
    2. reposition - knockback like a boop or her flail help take someone away from helping but get her boop does a decent chunk of damage. I'd say get rid of the damage on it and maybe if someone hits a wall, that could cause damage but the hit itself shouldn't maybe?
    3. protection - her ae healing in a radius really helps against the dive and that can she move a short distance quickly means she can get to a teammate fast. maybe she shouldn't self heal like ana can only self heal with the nade.

so yeah, she's strong, we all agree right?

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Can you believe there are people who suggest Omnics are bad?

Dipping my toes into a bunch of other games has me out of the loop on the latest with Overwatch but I really only have one question; has Blizzard made any changes (or announced any) to competitive play at all?

Well, we've say waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more bad robots than good ones.

And one of the good ones is a religious zealot.

The other may kill you any second.

The monk guy apparently took 11 years to evac, so he was clearly in on the hit. He probably had a backup.

There's the Talon one.

All the Bastion units are obviously bad. Ditto all the other types that came along with them.

In case it wasn't clear from all the war and stuff, it seems AI was a mistake in OW.

Most of the "bad" Omnics are because of circumstances beyond their control such as advanced AI taking control of them e.g. Anubis, or having been built that way e.g. Bastion.

I think the first time we saw an Omnic that from all indication chose to be evil was the one in the Doomfist materials, who apparently seems to have clout enough to make it to a noteworthy position in Talon. I was way more interested in his story than Doomfist's. I'd love to see an Omnic character in the game that chose to be evil of their own volition.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Busan is really fun. I love the height of the levels being a part of the battle now, and Downtown has some nice Widow spots and worthwile flanking options compared to something like Ilios. The reactor stage is a bit weird with the automatic timed gates at the capture point but again, the levels make it better to engage in different ways. Make another control map like this, no one wants an A/B loserfest again especially after Horizon.

Only downside is no kpop in the background of any levels which bullshit there's a literally a song called Diva license it Blizzard OMG I can't even.

Busan is really fun. I love the height of the levels being a part of the battle now, and Downtown has some nice Widow spots and worthwile flanking options compared to something like Ilios. The reactor stage is a bit weird with the automatic timed gates at the capture point but again, the levels make it better to engage in different ways. Make another control map like this, no one wants an A/B loserfest again especially after Horizon.

Only downside is no kpop in the background of any levels which bullshit there's a literally a song called Diva license it Blizzard OMG I can't even.

Errr...what? That describes most of the maps already in the game.

not just ramps like Nepal's Shrine or going down into the Coliseum in Ilios or have height for Pharah, there's actual floors right at the capture point that can be used by everyone and aren't just perches. You can aim down onto the point or use it to fight and has payoff instead of being this poorly designed flank route.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/9ezz97/overwatch_patch_11_september_rundown/

Apparently Roadhog got a nerf"bug fix"(that existed for the life of the game) today that added damage dropoff to his right-click, and it's pretty severe. The Reddit post has a video demonstration but at the far end it's roughly half of its original damage.

Donnicton on
    Cool beans ^.^

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    At this point I think Roadhog needs a complete rework. Like, scrap the whole damn kit and start over sort of rework.

the Roadhog "fix" is such trash, I tried using him today and you're just shit if the enemy uses Rein or Orisa. You'd be better off with DvA.

He's had problems with being OP and that stupid hook but you work it on reducing his self-heal and defense bonus while huffing, his damage for the past two seasons has been fine.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Dispatch from the Department of Bad Ideas

Roadhog's hook now passes through barriers.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    Kupi wrote: »

Hook is now a targeted ability like Discord, cooldown increased by 1 second to compensate

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Playing Busan in Arcade so far:

Other team: Full blown intelligent comps and sticking together.

My team: LOL let's patchwork a group together and trickle.

Coinage wrote: »
    Kupi wrote: »

Hook is now a targeted ability like Discord, cooldown increased by 1 second to compensate

Why are you trying to out terrible each other?

Chance wrote: »

It only seems to be in the 6v6 Busan mode, unfortunately.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

What is there reasoning behind this? Not that there's anything acceptable they could have as to that, other than just haven't gotten to it yet. Yeah, the system is pointless, but give it everyone!

Xeddicus on
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Hook has a 15 second cooldown, but resets on kills

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Pailryder wrote: »
    what makes a character good at anti-dive
    1. takes away mobility - some sort of root instead of a full stun, something like junks trap but have it be AE, her stun is really powerful and in many cases puts her in a better position than mccree. also allows a team to focus something down fast.
    2. reposition - knockback like a boop or her flail help take someone away from helping but get her boop does a decent chunk of damage. I'd say get rid of the damage on it and maybe if someone hits a wall, that could cause damage but the hit itself shouldn't maybe?
    3. protection - her ae healing in a radius really helps against the dive and that can she move a short distance quickly means she can get to a teammate fast. maybe she shouldn't self heal like ana can only self heal with the nade.

so yeah, she's strong, we all agree right?

Brig's real power against dive is actually Rally. Giving armor to your whole team when half of dive characters get completely fucked by armor is super strong.

People complain about Brig because they can't fucking stand when a healer can kill them. They bitched about Moira too. What baffles me is how no one seems to understand how to counter her. I can't count how many games I play in comp where towards the end they enemy has a Brig to counter mine. Spoiler alert PLAY PHARAH YOU IDIOTS. Or at least Junkrat. Or or Hanzo, the actual strongest character in the game right now.

Edit: Also pro tip. DON"T STAND NEXT TO HER. Literally everyone else has guns, shoot her outside her range, and the only person who doesn't have a gun, does a fuckload more damage than she does.

Brutal J on

You can endorse in most of the team based Arcade modes, it's just Mystery Heroes where it's weird they won't let you.

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular

I really want to see "skill mezzanine" enter the lingo.

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I've been getting POGs for days with Wrecking Ball. Really been enjoying playing him, Doomfist, and Lucio.

Mobility heroes are life.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I feel like if you're going to have characters like Genji and Doomfist who are ridiculously mobile and strong, you do need responses like Brigitte who can punish them really hard for diving in. It's a common problem for games with characters who are highly effective and their high skill ceiling, because the question becomes how do you respond to that without creating another equally oppressive high skill ceiling character, which solves nothing for the rest of the game's characters. Blizzard chose to create a character with a really hard denial area around her to protect the backlines (something that really ought to be Mei's area of expertise imo, but Mei loses to any sensible Genji or Doomfist).

This isn't to say Brigitte is in a good place right now, but rather that she's more or less a necessary evil.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I feel like if you're going to have characters like Genji and Doomfist who are ridiculously mobile and strong, you do need responses like Brigitte who can punish them really hard for diving in. It's a common problem for games with characters who are highly effective and their high skill ceiling, because the question becomes how do you respond to that without creating another equally oppressive high skill ceiling character, which solves nothing for the rest of the game's characters. Blizzard chose to create a character with a really hard denial area around her to protect the backlines (something that really ought to be Mei's area of expertise imo, but Mei loses to any sensible Genji or Doomfist).

This isn't to say Brigitte is in a good place right now, but rather that she's more or less a necessary evil.

Yeah I'm totally onboard with you there. I'm a Doom player whenever I get to dps and I recognise that people need responses to good Genjis and Tracers and Dooms (which I am not) beyond "git gud". Which they also should try to do, but that's far in the future and it doesn't answer the question of how they compete and have fun in the here and now.

But yeah, I think we can agree that she's too good right now. I don't know the solution myself, and I hope Blizzard does. The best idea I have is a dps with an anti-heal, but even that is only a halfway solution more aimed at Goats than Brig herself.

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Updated the OP. Busan, the new control map from Korea, is now live.

oHw5R0V.jpg
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Hook has a 15 second cooldown, but resets on kills

This is a horrifying thought.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    It's a cool skin, shame it's a once-in-a-lifetime exclusive.

Also, I wonder why they stopped doing the carbon fiber, electric blue, & chrome theme from previous years?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Way too cool to be exclusive - the first Blizzcon skin you could describe as such. I'll be kinda' amazed if this doesn't come to loot boxes a'la the Oni Genji and Officer D.Va, but if it doesn't it's going to make the Blizzcon skin a very different proposition, next year, if it's something similarly awesome.

This discussion has been closed.