As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Transformers- IDW Reboot Zone

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    That honestly isn't that bad.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    It is definitely interesting. Not sure if I prefer it over the original

edited September 2018
    Finally got to read through Till All Are One in sequence. Funny how things make more sense to ethat way!

Spoilers
    Kinda sucks to be blast off huh? I'm not sure whether the mind mrld stuff with airachnid is supposed to function similarly to combiners where "the little starscream" in windblade's head is write literally a piece of starscream or what. Obviously the reverse windblade's to starscream is fuzzy for me. Is the change of heart because his mind was literally changed due to windblade's being there or did he have a change of heart as a result. Dunno if that makes sense.

The lines about vigilem influencing windblade when she spoke with metroplex leads me to believe it is closer to the combiner process and it is a more literal merge than other options. That and of course the little starscream lines. However I am not sure.

I assume we won't get anymore about the combaticons, maybe a combination to fight Unicron which is unfortunate.

I did appreciate airacnid being present at all. Prime is my favorite transformers series (of the TV shows) and seeing those characters show up is spectacular.

The entire character arc for starscream has been really good. I doubt there are many people who would've picked this to be how his story played out but it feels like it fits.

Edit:
    Also
    I must've missed a bunch in between since i don't know what the story with sentinel prime is. Specifically how did he get into the picture? Also who is devastator's head? I thought prowl wasn't on cybertron?

WingedWeasel on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Finished reading Lost Light Vol 3. That story was kinda anti-climatic, despite the cliffhanger at the end.
    Also how it Tailgate get to this planet? He can't be a hologram, but then that means he somehow was teleported.

The Scavengers were the highlight of the volume though. And did Grimlock just pull a Death's Standing Reference with the baby?
    Finally got to read through Till All Are One in sequence. Funny how things make more sense to ethat way!

Spoilers
    Kinda sucks to be blast off huh? I'm not sure whether the mind mrld stuff with airachnid is supposed to function similarly to combiners where "the little starscream" in windblade's head is write literally a piece of starscream or what. Obviously the reverse windblade's to starscream is fuzzy for me. Is the change of heart because his mind was literally changed due to windblade's being there or did he have a change of heart as a result. Dunno if that makes sense.

The lines about vigilem influencing windblade when she spoke with metroplex leads me to believe it is closer to the combiner process and it is a more literal merge than other options. That and of course the little starscream lines. However I am not sure.

I assume we won't get anymore about the combaticons, maybe a combination to fight Unicron which is unfortunate.

I did appreciate airacnid being present at all. Prime is my favorite transformers series (of the TV shows) and seeing those characters show up is spectacular.

The entire character arc for starscream has been really good. I doubt there are many people who would've picked this to be how his story played out but it feels like it fits.

Edit:
    Also
    I must've missed a bunch in between since i don't know what the story with sentinel prime is. Specifically how did he get into the picture? Also who is devastator's head? I thought prowl wasn't on cybertron?
    I think Scoop is the new Devastator limb. Can't remember Sentinel Prime's deal

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Finished reading Lost Light Vol 3. That story was kinda anti-climatic, despite the cliffhanger at the end.
    Also how it Tailgate get to this planet? He can't be a hologram, but then that means he somehow was teleported.

The Scavengers were the highlight of the volume though. And did Grimlock just pull a Death's Standing Reference with the baby?

Spoilers

Edit:
    Also
    I think Scoop is the new Devastator limb. Can't remember Sentinel Prime's deal
    Sentinel Prime bounces around various books that are collected in Titans Return, I think?

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Serious bombshells happening recently in Lost Light. The big one dropped at the end of 22, but 23 shows how far back Roberts was planning it. I fucking love when authors do this. One of my main problems with a lot of long-running media is that it's apparent that the producers/authors are just grafting things on with only cursory regard to continuity. But when a story nearing its end has incontrovertible evidence that this end was already in the making from the start, that's my jam.

Delzhand wrote: »
    Serious bombshells happening recently in Lost Light. The big one dropped at the end of 22, but 23 shows how far back Roberts was planning it. I fucking love when authors do this. One of my main problems with a lot of long-running media is that it's apparent that the producers/authors are just grafting things on with only cursory regard to continuity. But when a story nearing its end has incontrovertible evidence that this end was already in the making from the start, that's my jam.

i've been hearing that this is the case. the fact that i'm gonna need to wait until like june for a collected edition is making me want to just buy the issues right now. 25 is the last one right?

It's either 25 or 26.

edited September 2018
    Trades will be out by March 2019 on Amazon. (Small comfort, I know...)

Transformers: Optimus Prime, Vol. 4 - Nov 13, 2018

Transformers: Lost Light, Vol. 4 - Feb 12, 2019
    Transformers: Optimus Prime, Vol. 5 - Feb 26, 2019
    Transformers: Unicron - Mar 12, 2019

Undead Scottsman on
    that's not unbearable, but im sure ill get spoiled on everything by then. which is fine. maybe ill break down and buy them all individually i dunno

edited September 2018
    Darn so we're looking at a 2019 Humble Bundle? Was hoping to get one this year.

Oh well, guess I could go download everything I have right now and read it all again.

Edit: I did make the mistake of buying Lost Light Vol 1 since I thought I read everything up till then. But was confused a bit since I obviously missed a bit.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I hate to wait until March 2019 to read the rest?

FFFF!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Normally I don't think I'd have a problem waiting but since this is the end of an era it feels more urgent.

Yeah, I've already been spoiled on a couple of things and am thinking in November I should just snag all of the remaining singles on comixology.

edited September 2018
    Yeah, I've already been spoiled on a couple of things and am thinking in November I should just snag all of the remaining singles on comixology.

That might work if they do a cyber Monday deal like they usually do. Or wait till the end of the year deals.

Edit: Every time I see your avatar I am reminded that Takara is bringing out a cartoon version of Masterpiece Wheeljack and get tempted to pre-order him. Even though I have a regular one (and a knockoff of that).

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Can someone explain the difference for these characters?

Megatronus, the fallen, liege Maximo? Obviously I saw Maximo in TAAO, but I thought

I'm not sure how idw is handling them from an identity standpoint

Megatronus, the fallen, liege Maximo? Obviously I saw Maximo in TAAO, but I thought

Megatronus should be the name of the Fallen (before his name was struck from the record) while Liege Maximo is a different guy entirely.

Megatronus should be the name of the Fallen (before his name was struck from the record) while Liege Maximo is a different guy entirely.

that's what i thought, however
    both are primes correct? just megatronus fell in with unicron and liege maximo just was backstabby? i don't know exactly where each is mentioned as liege maximo showed up in TAAO, but they made it sound as though everyone knew the story (including the reader)

i know this has come up before so sorry for retreading old ground, but is there any central place that will tell me in some sort of reasonable chart what issues come out when and belong to what line preferably in chronological order? i'm still weighing buying the single issues so i decided to try and look things up and apparently unicron is 6 issues so i assuming 0-5 but instead it is 0-6? at least that is according to tfwiki, whereas IDW's site has 0,0,1,1,2,2,4,5. granted the duplicates are reprints but....what?

i feel like i need to seriously sit down and look at what books i have on comixology and look through the idw catalog and it seems like way more effort than it reasonably should be

I seriously wish they would do this. The last one I found was old and missed a bunch. Comic companies wonder why there are no new collectors/customers? Yeah this is why.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Issue 25 just came out yesterday, and it almost made me cry. Rodimus gives a speech. It is good.

Fucking hell I'll have to wait until next year to read this. Why can't trades come out sooner!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Fucking hell I'll have to wait until next year to read this. Why can't trades come out sooner!

To encourage people to buy issues now instead of just to trade wait.

You with your logic!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    This is the penultimate Unicron issue right? So next month if I wants to buy the single issues I could get the "entire story" across all the lines?

Humble Bundle has an 80s sale that includes the Transformers Classic Volumes if anybody missed them earlier.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/back-to-the-80s-books

oosik_betsuni.png
    I miss when Humblebundle did book bundles with just one series instead of this mix of everything.

Guess I'll just wait until comixology has some sales for the recent TF series

P2n5r3l.jpg
    I'm was hoping to finish off the collection through HB but wonder if IDW doesn't want the rest finished off in hopes everyone goes and buys the rest from other sites.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Still waiting for a collection of Generation 2 comics.

And the rest of the UK series.

Still waiting for a collection of Generation 2 comics.

And the rest of the UK series.

Wait. Did they never do those?

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited November 2018
    Generation 2? Nope.

UK stuff? They printed 5 volumes (out of 8 planned for the whole thing), was going to publish the 6th in January of 2017 but it's been delayed over and over again. Latest date I've seen has been November 2018.

EDIT: Good grief, volume 5 came out August 2014

Undead Scottsman on
    Oh good grief... Here I thought they finally finished the UK stuff and printed G2. Didn't realize they didn't do either yet.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    I miss when Humblebundle did book bundles with just one series instead of this mix of everything.

Guess I'll just wait until comixology has some sales for the recent TF series

They have been doing single series Humble Bundles recently (Doctor Who, Tank Girl, even an IDW one with Judge Dredd), so expect nothing, but don't give up hope.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
    Well, fellas...

It's over. It's been a long, strange ride. I think that MTMTE+LL has been, bar none, the best Transformers fiction ever created. It's given us new looks at old characters, insight into the physiology and cosmology of the Transformers universe, and new characters to love. It has made me and many others laugh, cry, and think. It's touched on subjects like love, prejudice, religion, oppression, war, peace, memory. It's given us villainy and redemption in characters no one would have expected. We've seen unlikely pairings and new friendships. Old horrors and new have tormented our crew, while second and third stringer non-characters have been fleshed out and become fan favorites. Beloved characters have died in cruel and heroic ways.

James Roberts and all the artists who have worked on these books have made something really wonderful. They gave us Transformers with heart.

I broke down and bought the remaining pieces of LL that I didn't have. Planning to read them in between rounds or after the transformers tcg tournament I'm playing in this weekend

So it is now over? Hopefully there will be a sale soon and I can catch up on all of this post Cybertron stories. Although I did read a few here and there to confuse myself.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Betsuni wrote: »
    So it is now over? Hopefully there will be a sale soon and I can catch up on all of this post Cybertron stories. Although I did read a few here and there to confuse myself.

I got too anxious to wait. Plus I realized I'm super lost at the moment and I want to just read e edything all the way through

Transformers Classics UK vol 6 was canceled and no further volumes will be made apparently. Bummer.

Anyone see black Friday sales for transformers comics? I'm hoping that there is one so I can buy the rest of the run, be insanely busy for the holidays, forget about reading them, remember when the compilations come out, then be completely lost

• manjimanji Registered User regular
    I'm sad to see LL go, it was the best book on the stands.

I have to say that TFWikis synopses have been incredibly useful for each issue in terms of noting all the callbacks and easter eggs. Much as I loved all the moving parts keeping track of all those years of story was increasingly tricky.