As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] The war fronts moves on Stromgarde!

MillMill Registered User regular
edited September 2018 in MMO Extravaganza
The Warchief has order the establishment of a new thread and authorize the use of all resources from the old one.
Roe wrote: »
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F640756%2F2c422612-f3ea-43db-8301-63281ecf206c.jpg

Battle for Azeroth is World of Warcraft's Seventh expansion, following Legion.

Race to level 120 in two new islands that are separate for both the Horde and the Alliance.

The first Island is the Alliance's Kul Tiras, Birthplace of Jaina Proudmoore.
BKJ2XYS3YIXF1509567053378.jpg

The second island is the home of the Zandalar tribe,
1WFCSVPL0ZM81509567058126.jpg

Aquire new items that grant increased power from minerals called Azureite. The dwarf Magni Bronzebeard entrusts you with a necklace and armor that will act like Artifact weapons did. These items will replace your Legion weapons, which will be replaced by normal ones through quests.

Unlock new Races by completing achievements, or gaining exalted with certain factions.

The allied races are for the alliance: Void Elves, Lightforged Dranei, Dark Iron Dwarves, and Kul Tiras humans.

2zyvhqa.jpg

The Horde races are: The Nightfallen, Highmountain Tauren, Mag Har Orcs, and the Zandalar Trolls.

2z659pd.jpg

Complete zone quest stories on your alts, Vanilla zones scale on level.

117snpy.jpg

Explore islands with your friends for loot. Islands randomize every time you visit, face new challenges every time.
82JRPLYD5CNM1509567052199.jpg

Fight against other players to create bases and lay siege against other player fortifications in the siege maps inspired by Warcarft RTS games.

Brand new PVP instancing. Players can join same faction player groups and PVP on that player's server. This ties into a new feature called 'War Mode', where players toggle PVP on in cities and fight against opposite faction players who are also flagged. PVPers gain 10% XP from quests and kills with this toggled on.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C637%3A358&composite-to=*,*%7C637%3A358&background-color=black

Dueler's Guild is a new PVP mode where players who are flagged in the city can take part in duels against other players in Dueler's Guild. Play until you are defeated for prizes daily by fighting through 3 players in a row, your cooldowns will not reset.

maxresdefault.jpg

Join social groups across server. Talk to players no matter the faction or server. Talk over the Bnet app in the game or not.

Battle for Azeroth has Launched!

Invite infor for awesome PA community below
The community link is https://blizzard.com/invite/4DBAqq5fJM4

It's set to have unlimited uses and never expire

Mill on

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Blizzcon starts in like 15 minutes.

Predictions?

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Well, Blizzcon starts in two months. This is just A Thing. That's also happening in three hours.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Oh, you're right. What the fuck's this thing that's about to start, then?

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    All-Access Kickoff show!

and 'unveiling of the in-game item for Overwatch'

Bigity on
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    3pm PST so we should know what virtual goodies will be available. I am not sure how they top the two mounts from last year.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Blizzcon this year will have very light info for WoW.

We will get 8.1 info, and probably panels about the art, music, voice actors, and such. But since in November when Blizzcon happens, BfA will only be like 3 months old, there won't be a whole lot of new WoW stuff to talk about.

I think Diablo and Overwatch are going to dominate this year's Blizzcon.

My predictions:
    Diablo 4
    Overwatch full expansion, with Blizzard's take on the Battle Royale genre

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    There are some rumblings about a diablo netflix show as well which may get mentioned at blizzcon.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm still kind of miffed I spent a long ass time helping the Nightborne not be mana addicts and they went and joined the horde. Couldn't have made them be both sides like the pandas?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm still kind of miffed I spent a long ass time helping the Nightborne not be mana addicts and they went and joined the horde. Couldn't have made them be both sides like the pandas?

Take it up with Grand Wizard Tyrande.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    It's because elves are super duper racist towards one another, and since the Nightborne basically think they are the perfected form of the Night Elves, those two are incompatible as friends.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    The long road is finally over the journey was hard but now i am unicorn lord.
    pg4lj3oz2tl1.jpg

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I don't think we're going to get Diablo 4 at Blizzcon. We're getting a content update for either Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2 or both. And yeah, 8.1 info on WoW. For Overwatch I think we're going to get some sort of animated short to help with the showing off of an upcoming content update or new feature. Not a big one because they just put some stuff out.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    The community link is https://blizzard.com/invite/4DBAqq5fJM4

It's set to have unlimited uses and never expire; is there a chance we could get it Roe
    @Mill

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    It's because elves are super duper racist towards one another, and since the Nightborne basically think they are the perfected form of the Night Elves, those two are incompatible as friends.

Tyrande, after the Night Elves and High Elves coming to the aid of Thalyssra, after her city willingly joined the Legion: Look, given the track record of your people, we just want you to promise not to be evil.

Thalyssra: I am deeply offended by this. Us, evil?

A few weeks later, as part of the Horde, the Nightborne aide in an offensive war that slaughters thousands of civilians and burns down Teldrassil.

Thalyssra, probably: Ha! That’ll teach you not to question our moral choices! For the Horde!

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I mean they won't have expansion levels of announcements at Blizzcon, but there is no reason they have nothing to say. They basically hinted at the last patch of Legion the blizzcon after its launch, which was an almost identical time after Legion came out vs BFA to this Blizzcon.

If they DONT have a lot of info, that is like.... really concerning. Like WoD all over again levels of concerning.

I mean, if what we have now is pretty much what WoW is at this point and they are winding down then fine. I would love to just consume the rest of what I like and finally do something about my "all other games" backlog.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    it is frankly hilarious to me that the very first thing the horde does in the story after the nightborne sign up is burn down teldrassil, and thalyssra has literally zero reaction to this

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Tyrande, after the Night Elves and High Elves coming to the aid of Thalyssra, after her city willingly joined the Legion: Look, given the track record of your people, we just want you to promise not to be evil.

Thalyssra: I am deeply offended by this. Us, evil?

A few weeks later, as part of the Horde, the Nightborne aide in an offensive war that slaughters thousands of civilians and burns down Teldrassil.

Thalyssra, probably: Ha! That’ll teach you not to question our moral choices! For the Horde!

Tyrande is also a huge douchebag to the Nightbourne rebels and makes almost no distinction between them and the collaborators soooo

Meanwhile Blood Elves show up and offer to sponsor them at a really good Mana Addicts Anonymous group that really helped them out.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it is frankly hilarious to me that the very first thing the horde does in the story after the nightborne sign up is burn down teldrassil, and thalyssra has literally zero reaction to this

honestly there's a lot of reactions that we should see in response to the escalation of the lore but that's Too Much Writing so instead we just get Saurfang going WOAH WHAT THE CRAP

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Nightborne joining the horde is fine; they don't particularly like Tyrande et al and it was clear that their interaction with night/high elves during the rebellion was more an arrangement of convenience than anything

the problem with the BfA storyline is that everyone who isn't sylvanas or an orc just kinda gets subsumed into the overall story; like are all the other member races/factions cool with burning teldrassil? Who knows, because the story doesn't really seem to be concerned about them at all

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    it's even worse than simply not showing her reaction, because thalyssra actually shows up and does things with you in the jailbreak scenario and acts like nothing's wrong, happy to be in the horde club, no second thoughts or misgivings here! completely doesn't matter to her. I guess that is just the characterization of the nightborne now by default due to lack of writing, they actually didn't give a damn about the night elves all along and tyrande was right to be hostile! whoops alliance is right again

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    also WoW will have minimal stuff at blizzcon just because BfA is freshly out and they have other things to promote; there'll certainly be panels, but probably of the minor art/acting/design' variety rather than anything major

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    everyone must be ok with it because they keep showing up for work and literally the only person who's complained in the story is Saurfang

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I mean the only people we have really interacted with are:

Rohkan-Trolls seem to give no shits because Trolls and most Elves don't like each other and he is kind of focused on his stuff
    Thalyssra-No real response, same with Occulus. My guess they didn't care? I don't know probably just ignored
    Rexar-Likes the Horde over the Alliance as one lets him live and do his stuff the other wants him dead. Straight up says he just doesn't want to deal with any of it and will do his job.
    Lillian Vos-Crazy
    Nathanos-Crazy and will follow Sylvanas off a cliff
    Garona-Again the Horde won't kill her, doesn't really ask questions, has some interactions with Nathanos that makes you think she doesn't like him but is in it for the Horde
    Saurfang-Sulking

The rest we deal with are Zandalari who give 0 shits about the Night Elves.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I guess that is just the characterization of the nightborne allied races now by default due to lack of writing

Remember, every allied race they add going forward is in theory another reaction that under normal circumstances they would have to account for, but what's more likely is that they just won't bother to write for them since the allied races are in large part meant as glorified cosmetic options so their relevance to the faction politics after they join is a non-factor.

You couldn't get them to change their stance on this same writing hole back with the Pandaren faction leaders, I don't see why this would now be different with the allied races.

• Options
    I'm surprised Oculeth is so quiet considering.
    I murdered one of his favorite apprentices. God dammit we used to be bros. I fed you mana crystals

• Options
    I wish Garona had a unique character model.

She really needs one.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I mean the only people we have really interacted with are:

Rohkan-Trolls seem to give no shits because Trolls and most Elves don't like each other and he is kind of focused on his stuff
    Thalyssra-No real response, same with Occulus. My guess they didn't care? I don't know probably just ignored
    Rexar-Likes the Horde over the Alliance as one lets him live and do his stuff the other wants him dead. Straight up says he just doesn't want to deal with any of it and will do his job.
    Lillian Vos-Crazy
    Nathanos-Crazy and will follow Sylvanas off a cliff
    Garona-Again the Horde won't kill her, doesn't really ask questions, has some interactions with Nathanos that makes you think she doesn't like him but is in it for the Horde
    Saurfang-Sulking

The rest we deal with are Zandalari who give 0 shits about the Night Elves.

baine also showed up to do management and ambassadorial stuff and he has no comment either

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Of course, if they gave Garona a unique character model her breast size would increase threefold, and she'd have hips for days.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Of course, if they gave Garona a unique character model her breast size would increase threefold, and she'd have hips for days.

You're in the wrong thread, the HotS thread is that way :rotate: ->

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I guess that is just the characterization of the nightborne allied races now by default due to lack of writing

Remember, every allied race they add going forward is in theory another reaction that under normal circumstances they would have to account for, but what's more likely is that they just won't bother to write for them since the allied races are in large part meant as glorified cosmetic options so their relevance to the faction politics after they join is a non-factor.

You couldn't get them to change their stance on this same writing hole back with the Pandaren faction leaders, I don't see why this would now be different with the allied races.

Void elves and dark irons have been getting a decent amount of play on the Alliance side.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I just hit exalted with the Nightfallen unexpectedly. Hooray!

... but uh, the last two story quests for Suramar still aren't accessible? "A Growing Crisis" and "A Change of Seasons." I looked it up and the info says those are locked behind rep gains.

Edit - Okay I'm on the "A Growing Crisis" thing already but it's a raid quest. fml

Henroid on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Welp, looks like Blizz also didn't like the idea of the Battlefront being used as an immediate skip to 340 gear.

The table now has a 320 ilvl requirement to go into the scenario. Of course this happens right when I get my monk to 120 :(

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »

... but uh, the last two story quests for Suramar still aren't accessible? "A Growing Crises" and "A Change of Seasons." I looked it up and the info says those are locked behind rep gains.

Try going back to Shal'aran and seeing if there's any new quests?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I like the change to require 320 minimum. Wanna know why? Because if people could go in and skip the gap of 285ish to 340, it would invalidate crafting skills and selling those things at all to other players.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    HAH!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018

... but uh, the last two story quests for Suramar still aren't accessible? "A Growing Crises" and "A Change of Seasons." I looked it up and the info says those are locked behind rep gains.

I finally found some info; I have to complete a raid quest to kill Xavius.
    Edit - By the way, FUCK Blizzard for locking a story quest behind a raid like this. It'd be one thing if it was the conclusion but it is not.

Henroid on
  • Options

Edit - By the way, FUCK Blizzard for locking a story quest behind a raid like this. It'd be one thing if it was the conclusion but it is not.

You could LFR it at the time, wasnt a big deal.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Lfr worked for it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

You could LFR it at the time, wasnt a big deal.
    How much time does it take to run Emerald Nightmare? Like, ballpark estimates with BfA levels / gear in the equation?
    (I am asking because my job involves taking care of children and I need to know when I can actually set aside time to do this).

• Options
    I ran Mythic EN for mog today with a group of like 12 people i pulled out of the group finder and it took us about 30 minutes once we started going

This discussion has been closed.