As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Marvel Comics Thread Featuring Caving to Neo-Nazis and Wrongful Termination!

BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
edited October 2018 in Social Entropy++
HEY YALL ITS MARVEL TIME

I am making this specifically because

Saladin Ahmed and Javier Garron are relaunching Miles Morales in December just in time for the movie
57hdj53q7cco.jpg
When asked how he sees Miles' role in the larger Spider-Man franchise, especially with Peter Parker recently returning to a more traditional status quo, Ahmed said, "For my money, Spider-Man is, at his core, a teenage hero. In this book, Miles will be that Spider-Man: battling threats against the community and the city rather than the universe, and trying to do so while dealing with grades and bullies, family and botched dates. This is classic Spider-Man, but very much dealing with modern concerns and realities."
Fuuuckin YEAH

CYpGAPn.png
BlankZoe on

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I am

so excited

for Into the Spider-Verse

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I've never read a comic in my life

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    That's just because you cant read. You look at the pictures and we all know it

CYpGAPn.png
    edited September 2018
    BC is reporting that the Vision mini from Chelsea Cain has been cancelled by Marvel, due to it conflicting with plans they have for Vision and Viv in the MU abroad

Reportedly the creative team has been paid for all the work completed up to this point and Marvel editorial enjoyed the story they just decided to go in a different direction

Update: Newsarama has confirmed the cancellation

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    That's just because you cant read. You look at the pictures and we all know it

OSCAR CLIP

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    HEY YALL ITS MARVEL TIME

I am making this specifically because

Saladin Ahmed and Javier Garron are relaunching Miles Morales in December just in time for the movie
    57hdj53q7cco.jpg
    When asked how he sees Miles' role in the larger Spider-Man franchise, especially with Peter Parker recently returning to a more traditional status quo, Ahmed said, "For my money, Spider-Man is, at his core, a teenage hero. In this book, Miles will be that Spider-Man: battling threats against the community and the city rather than the universe, and trying to do so while dealing with grades and bullies, family and botched dates. This is classic Spider-Man, but very much dealing with modern concerns and realities."
    Fuuuckin YEAH

Motherfucking yes!

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    yo but for real when they gonna do something more with the steel spider

6vjsgrerts6r.png

yo but for real when they gonna do something more with the steel spider
    Miles' Uncle is Iron Spider now so

That's like Steel

CYpGAPn.png
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    #justiceforollieosnick

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i recently read the axis trade of carnage and hobgoblin

it was..........................GOOD

reading kicked-puppy hero carnage with woody harrelson's voice, by the way, really elevates the material

roderick kingsley, on the other hand, received malcom mcdowell's pipes. frankly i think it was a good call

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    i recently read the axis trade of carnage and hobgoblin

it was..........................GOOD

reading kicked-puppy hero carnage with woody harrelson's voice, by the way, really elevates the material

roderick kingsley, on the other hand, received malcom mcdowell's pipes. frankly i think it was a good call
    Both of those were basically the best part of the event

If only the rest of the inversions were explored as well

CYpGAPn.png
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Superior Iron Man at least had an okay costume

Etchwarts on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    e: nevermind google ftw

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Tox wrote: »
    How did Miles originally get his powers in the Ultimate comics, anyway?
    Uncle is a super thief, stole one of the spiders from Oscorp and it got loose in his apartment while Miles was visiting

CYpGAPn.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I love Miles

But I don't love the whole "theres just a ton of spiders and if they bite anyone they get super-powers" thing

I don't need the weird Totem stuff where spidey is destined and super special but it also just seems weird that its THAT easy

Also, is Silk still around?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    I think it was less that there are a billion of them and more that Osborn was running multiple experiments running cause that's what scientists do

The one that bit Miles was the only one that survived Oscorp getting blown up

CYpGAPn.png
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Hm

I wonder if its possible for Miles to die for real now. Ultimate Spider-men couldnt and Miles still has those memories. Has his body been remade to match the spider-powers of this universe?

Quire.jpg
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    IIRC only like four spiders were actually bitten by a spider. Two by the same spider, and two in alternate universes. Also two clones of the guy who was bitten.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Hm

I wonder if its possible for Miles to die for real now. Ultimate Spider-men couldnt and Miles still has those memories. Has his body been remade to match the spider-powers of this universe?

That seems to me like a thing that could be easily ignored in the future.

Dedwrekka wrote: »
    IIRC only like four spiders were actually bitten by a spider. Two by the same spider, and two in alternate universes. Also two clones of the guy who was bitten.

Heck, there's probably more Spider-people who weren't bitten by a spider than there are those who were!

Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter, Mattie Franklin, and Anya Corazon all got spider-powers without being bitten by a spider.

Hm

Yes. Im wondering if it will be. Is he still technocally immortal? It could go either way.

Quire.jpg
    I dont even remember that from Bendis' run and I am 10000% it will be ignored because it is such an unnecessary thing for the character

CYpGAPn.png
    Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man run ended with Ultimate Peter coming back to life and revealing that he's immortal and so is Miles.

It was a very strange way to end that run.

Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man run ended with Ultimate Peter coming back to life and revealing that he's immortal and so is Miles.

Wait what

That's

Bendis what the hell were you smoking

CYpGAPn.png

It had been heavily foreshadowed and Im glad they didnt just leave off on the fact that based on what we knew Peter should have come back to life.

Anyway youre probably right but I could think of some cool stuff to do with it.

Quire.jpg
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Hm

Yes. Im wondering if it will be. Is he still technocally immortal? It could go either way.

He's still coasting on that Secret Wars burger

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Reminder that it wasn't a radioactive spider in the ultimate universe, but a spider hopped up on Osborn's shitty super soldier knock off.

A lot of people got powers from various forms of Osborn's shit.

Wait what

That's

I know it sounds insane But it was really cool and totally worth the read.

Quire.jpg

Wait what

That's

I'm probably gonna pass, personally

Bendis towards the end of his Marvel tenure just didnt do anything for me and that sounds like...the opposite of what I would want out of USM

CYpGAPn.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Wait what

That's

I'm probably gonna pass, personally

Bendis towards the end of his Marvel tenure just didnt do anything for me and that sounds like...the opposite of what I would want out of USM

It was when he had Peter tell Miles that he's Spider-Man, and then Peter and MJ drove off into the sunset, I believe

Yeah, it also tied into the idea that the Green Goblin kept coming back to life no matter how many times he was killed.

Yeah that's like

I get what Bendis is going for there

But that's something I would like in a standalone story or for a hero like Superman or something

I dont need immortality and reincarnation or whatever in my Spider-Man

CYpGAPn.png
    Yeah that's like

I get what Bendis is going for there

But that's something I would like in a standalone story or for a hero like Superman or something

I dont need immortality and reincarnation or whatever in my Spider-Man

I mean, we're talking about the same universe where Tony Stark was basically 100% brain until they retconned that away.

Ultimate Universe was weird.

Also for those concerned that this was the last ultimate Miles story it wasn't. His last story involved Miles bing trapped away from all this allies and resourses captured by Hydra and Dr. Doom and having to beat them all on his own. It was pretty good and easily the closest the Ultimate Universe had to a proper end.

What the fuck was even going on with Ultimate End?

Quire.jpg
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    “Oh funny this chemical compound operates differently with the rules of this universe”

There’s your fix

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Miles lost immortality when he lost the Ultimate lettering for his speaking

Miles lost immortality when he lost the Ultimate lettering for his speaking
    Fuck I love this

CYpGAPn.png
    Gustav wrote: »
    “Oh funny this chemical compound operates differently with the rules of this universe”

There’s your fix

Fix? Fix what?

I was just thinking about a fun bit of continuity I remembered.

Quire.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Bets that whatever plans they have are not followed through

This discussion has been closed.