As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] Finn is a Big Deal

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The iOS app is still just a website wrapper so you need an internet connection to use it, annoyingly.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Yeah, unfortunately calling it a "native" app is somewhat misleading.

I can understand why it's always-online (changes in points and upgrade slots, etc), but there really should be an offline way to access it, and a readily-available revision number (with the ability to change between revisions; ex. "This tournament will be using official Squadbuilder revision TK-4.2.1")

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Hmmm..

My Fang Fighter doesn't rotate. I suspect it is glued or painted.

Any advice on how to clean it or get it unstuck?

Edit: Nevermind, got it.

@Athenor I could use a tip on this

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    The iOS "app" is also buggy as all get out at the moment, including things like broken text formatting tags, as well as stuff like the TIE Advanced X1 doesn't show red on the Focus > Red Barrel Roll action. If you look at the specific card itself and not just the summary it shows up correctly.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Guys ...

My FLGS ...

... did not get their 2.0 shipment yet.

:(

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Guys ...

My FLGS ...

:bro:

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    Hmmm..

My Fang Fighter doesn't rotate. I suspect it is glued or painted.

Any advice on how to clean it or get it unstuck?

Edit: Nevermind, got it.

Athenor I could use a tip on this

I was just super careful, and used the base as a little bit of leverage. The pivot is behind the cockpit, so hold it by the front/back or the base peg and turn the wings, gently. If it is super stuck, maybe an x-acto knife will help. I wiggled it, and didn't press when it felt like the base was going to be stressed.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Guys ...

My FLGS ...

My condolences.

Want me to take photos of my Fry's for you? I seriously can't believe an Electronics store actually had a bunch of these (and now board games).

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Guys ...

My FLGS ...

My condolences.

Want me to take photos of my Fry's for you? I seriously can't believe an Electronics store actually had a bunch of these (and now board games).

... could you?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I went to my LGS and acquired an Empire Kit, Lando's Falcon, and the first Scum kit they sold since they shipped separately and they just got it. Now I have one of each kit.

Also notices that the X-Wing in the core set is specifically painted as Red 5 while the ones in the new expansions are still generic Red Squadron. Useful when I eventually replace all my old X-Wings with new flappy ones.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited September 2018
    My x-wing wings seem *too* loose. Dunno? Still really like it though.

I went by FFG on lunch and grabbed a Y-Wing even though I didn't *need* it.
    That new sculpt is VERY nice. I love it.

1gvzj6krahmd.png

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    Like, I love the old sculpt of the Y-Wings.

I love the new Y-Wings.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I plan to get me several new Y-Wings.

Also Lando's Falcon is very nice. The little escape pod works very well and is almost seamless when attached.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Dangit, I never realized that there was a difference between the two till now. Glad I got a v2 Y-WING now.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Doesn't the turret rotate on the new Y-Wing?

• Options
    I do appreciate then putting model numbers right on the Y-Wing and Z-95 since we will inevitably get Clone versions that are different models.

Keeps the confusion down a bit.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Doesn't the turret rotate on the new Y-Wing?

Nope. They do not.

Edit: Now with pictures. They made it so that it is not on a circle so you can't swivel them. Best you can do is face them forward or backwards.
    y-wing.jpg
    y-wing2.jpg
    y-wing3.jpg

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Hawt.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I prefer the older one personally. The over-sized cannons on the new one kind of look goofy.
    Might just be me though.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Here's a question I think I unfortunately already know: will I still need cards for each instance of an upgrade that I want to use? One would hope the online list builderator thing would suffice but I bet it doesn't!

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Picked up one Scum and Empire booster each. I think I'll stick to Rebels, Empire, and Scum as factions and do away with my Sequel stuff which should be easy, since I never got past the Force Awakens Core.

Also there's already a 2e store tournament scheduled at the end of the month!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    ... my CSI preorder has now had it's delivery updated ...

... to TUESDAY.

Alas, alackaday!

Ed: also, vadernoooo.gif

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Grabbed the Scum and Empire conversion kits last night, and today at the FLGS swap meet I picked up a Decimator, original YT-1300, TIE Punisher, TIE Striker, and Most Wanted pack for $59.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Man, I’m awful at squad building, and there’s a store event tomorrow. Who has some basic rebel lists for me to try?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    What format?

• Options
    @italianranma

And what do you have to work with?

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Pick a pilot you like. Pick an upgrade or two that sounds cool. Pick another pilot. Pick an upgrade or two. Pick a generic, fill in whatever points you have left.
    Fly casual.

I mean, I don't win often, but I have fun.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Yeah, my delivery estimate is now "pending". I knew it was too good to be true! Oh well, things happen

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Reload working on bombs is really nice.

Most ships with the slots for Bomblet Generator have white reload as it is though, so the main advantage of it for them is not using reload. Instead, I can just give Deathrain a trajectory simulator and proton bombs and go to town.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    @italianranma

And what do you have to work with?

Actually it turns out I got the streams crossed and it's an L5R event today (X-Wing is next week). Uhh, the question still stands though. I'm not sure about the format, but I assume there's a standard for organized events. I've got literally everything except Saw's renegades. I'm sure there are some sites that do a lot of theorycrafting and cataloging of tournament plays etc. I just don't know of any good ones right now: pretty much just seeing the Covenant forums pop up in my search results.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    2E, I assume?

• Options
    I got a new Y-Wing and another new X-Wing. My fleet of new models grows!

Of course now I need to repaint all the X-Wing with proper squadron markings like I did with the 1.0 versions.

• Options
    Am I crazy or did this Y-Wing not come with ship stand numbers or a target lock?

• Options
    Also I'm just going to buy those fancy dial holders and just never use the backs that came with the sets. That way I only need to store like six per faction and can save room as the dial backs are larger.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I bought some of the fancy dial holders a while ago but never actually opened them up. Do they work with the 2.0 dials or did they change something so you need to buy 2.0 dial holders?

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I bought some of the fancy dial holders a while ago but never actually opened them up. Do they work with the 2.0 dials or did they change something so you need to buy 2.0 dial holders?

They work exactly the same with 2.0 dials. They even repackaged them for 2.0

The top part of the 2.0 dials is larger than the 1.0 dials so they are harder to fit in my cases.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    All my dials have been punched out. Actually, all of it has been punched out. I'm putting the ship cards into binder sheets, which looks great (though damnit, FFG, release more quick build cards...)

Not sure what to do with the upgrades. Essentially, you get 3 identical sets of upgrades with the conversion kits, save for the imperial/scum/rebel unique cards. So... I pretty much am never going to want for those, especially if I need to buy more conversion kits to fully cover my collection.

Still... here we are. Lots of stuff. Probably still won't play much. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Am I crazy for thinking the app is not that bad

Sure the BBCode thing is embarassing, so is the online-only thing and there being no dedicated iPad version, just the iPhone one blown up

but like, it works, at least for me it does what it's supposed to do

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    How many cards would you say come in each of the conversion kits?

... I may be thinking of sleeving everything...

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    ... there are people who don't sleeve everything? :D