As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Marvel Comics Thread Featuring Caving to Neo-Nazis and Wrongful Termination!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Jason Latour rules and this looks fantastic

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Chelsea Cain has tweeted a bit more and shed some more light on the situation which makes Marvel look even worse.

The biggest of which are that it was meant to be Aud Koch's (who has 4/6 issues completed) big break into mainstream comics, and that they hired her for the gig back before Tom King even actually finished his run. As soon as they got word he had signed with DC they approached her to write a follow-up. So this has been in the works for 2 full years and they have most of the series completed and Marvel cancelled it the month before release.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Feels like the Conan/Leno situation.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    What a horrendously run business

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah like the best case for the people involved is they spent a bunch of time working on something which never sees the light of day and doesn't really advance their careers. It only goes downhill from there.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    She was also quick to clarify what we pretty much already know, it is the top level editorial/management that is the problem

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    It reminds me of my post yesterday, about Iceman, which they canceled before it’s first trade actually came out. Then it did very well in trades, so they brought it back. And lost the artist to an image project in the meantime

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    They should release it as a limited series anyways

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    They should release it as a limited series anyways

Marvel basically ignores all of Starlin's stuff in regards to continuity but still publishes it, so I dunno what they're so set on not releasing this.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Just finished up Iron Fist S2, definitely better than the first season; and then the last five minutes...

Ward remains one of the highlights of the show too.
    "Do you want me to call the cops?"

"Do you want your teeth ripped out of your mouth?"

"...No. I don't. No one wants their teeth pulled out."

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    IIRC only like four spiders were actually bitten by a spider. Two by the same spider, and two in alternate universes. Also two clones of the guy who was bitten.

Then there was the school bully who saw Peter get bit, then see peter use spider-like powers, tries to find the spider that bit peter, but it was dead.

So the bully ate the spider.

Say hello to The Thousand. (note: image they use on the page might be a big No for some folks.)

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Bets that whatever plans they have are not followed through

Is Patriot still on a farm upstate with lots of space to run around?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    IIRC only like four spiders were actually bitten by a spider. Two by the same spider, and two in alternate universes. Also two clones of the guy who was bitten.

Then there was the school bully who saw Peter get bit, then see peter use spider-like powers, tries to find the spider that bit peter, but it was dead.

So the bully ate the spider.

Say hello to The Thousand. (note: image they use on the page might be a big No for some folks.)

I'm at a loss for words, there.

• Options
    Garth Ennis is not good at superheroes

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    except superman

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Just like Mark Millar. It's one of those oddities of the universe.

• Options

Well

That definitely appears to be Matt Murdock in heaven with Karen Page

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    But it's Protestant Heaven, so he's very upset

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm intrigued. They couldn't be bringing her back, could they?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

no one stays dead

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I think hes dying instead

The December issue is being billed as a big deal, its 4.99 and has multiple variants including a Frank Miller "restored" one so

Things aren't looking good for DD

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    They're going to replace Matt with his twin brother Mike, huh

• Options
    i am genuinely curious as to what killing daredevil even accomplishes

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I am skeptical too but Soule is writing it and he has been doing DD for 3 or 4 years now and it has been largely fantastic so I'm willing to see where he goes with it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

don't say this around Kingpin

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

gives you a resurrection story in six months

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Daredevil becomes an angel and now he fights actual devils

• Options
    oh like the punisher did a while back

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Punisher as an Angel of Vengeance was 20 years ago

goddamn

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

daredevil may cry

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

daredevil may cry

....go on

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

daredevil may cry

....go on

He may not, though

• Options
    It's really up in the air whether this dude's gonna cry

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I don't see them killing Daredevil.

To be fair, he doesn't see it either.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Daredevil Crybaby

• Options
    Chelsea Cain gave an interview with EW about Vision's cancellation.

It goes over a lot of what she has already said, that the book was in the works for 2 years, 4 issues have been fully pencilled and inked and that they had zero warning on this cancellation. She also reveals just how shitty cancellations can be on released books. Mockingbird was cancelled by issue 3. Which means they either A) didnt even let it finish an arc before killing it or B) killed it IMMEDIATELY after the first issue since issue 3 would have been solicited the month of release. She was asked to not say anything until after the final issue had released about it being cancelled.

But the real heavy hitter here is this bit:
    “The comic book industry is made up of freelancers. I think a lot of readers don’t understand the extent of that reality,” Cain says. “Certainly any comic book by Marvel or DC, those are the work of freelancers: Colorists, inkers, pencilers, letterers, cover artists, and writers. The editors work for the company. The freelancers don’t. Maybe some of them have exclusive contracts, which means that they get a little bit more money per page, and absolutely no benefits or protections, plus they don’t get to work for anyone else — but basically, every comic you pick up has been made by someone without health insurance. But these freelancers are still expected to behave like employees. They are told what to say and when to say it… I’ve said it before, but this whole industry is a class-action lawsuit waiting to happen. It’s astonishing.”

This left Cain with few institutional protections when she was targeted by the anti-Mockingbird harassment campaign. She says, “Marvel put me through a lot with Mockingbird. I faced that with zero institutional protections. All along, I tried to be a part of positive change from the inside — silent change, because I literally was told I couldn’t breathe a word of the project. ‘Hold tight,’ they kept saying. ‘Hold tight. It breaks my heart. Because I think it sends a terrible message. And I love this brand. And I love these guys. And I love comics.”

She also has a real killer line where she says the book was about the emotionally distance and out of touch Vision trying to connect with his young "woke" teenage daughter being "a metaphor for the comics industry if I've ever heard one."

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Is 2 years for 4 issues normal?

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Is 2 years for 4 issues normal?
    Judging from what other creators have said no but that's not reflecting on, like, her being slow

She said the first scripts were in for review in September of last year and Marvel didnt find them an artist until earlier this year

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    That's fairly reasonable.

I wonder why Marvel won't release it as digital only?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Chelsea Cain gave an interview with EW about Vision's cancellation.
    “I’ve said it before, but this whole industry is a class-action lawsuit waiting to happen. It’s astonishing.”

Fingers crossed!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
This discussion has been closed.