As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Burgerrrrrr I mean [Bad Food] Thread

XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
The burgs may be good, but the calories, fat, and cholesterol are so bad

Phases 2 and 3

Roasted apple slices in bacon fat, butter and brown sugar
devjcvjo8nah.jpg

Grill em up while the bacon and onion are in a 150 degree oven
gqphwwqhqeoe.jpg

Top with bacon, onion, cheese, and the apple
xkstmc9bwtqn.jpg

/drool
sdbq6dw588ro.jpg

Top with dippy egg ....
cnbgasnzamp3.jpg

Easily the best burger I've ever had
hdum4nw71b2k.jpg

Keep your garbage 70s jello/tuna/pineapple food out of here

Good bad food is the best bad food

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Man you can't regular what kind of bad food is going down here

You make a Bad Food Thread you get all the bad food

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    That OP looks so delicious.

So that means I need instruction on how to make egg that actually tastes good. I've never been able to make them super tasty. I'm not a big fan of egg.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Syphyre wrote: »

So that means I need instruction on how to make egg that actually tastes good. I've never been able to make them super tasty. I'm not a big fan of egg.

I kind of just put them in melted butter, cook till the white has set, flip them, turn off the burner, and sprinkle a bit of garlic salt and black pepper on them for a basic dippy egg

Xaquin on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    holy shit Xaquin

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    my rule of thumb with burg construction is if the burg is any less than 2/3 patty in between the buns, it's too complicated

By weight, height, or volume?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Do you think the apple slices on the burger are better than, say, dicing them up and adding them into the patties themselves?

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Do you think the apple slices on the burger are better than, say, dicing them up and adding them into the patties themselves?

That's a good question!

I'll maybe try that next time. Everything except the bacon was melt in your mouth. I like my bacon really crispy though.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    my rule of thumb with burg construction is if the burg is any less than 2/3 patty in between the buns, it's too complicated

By weight, height, or volume?

height

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Doordash's delivery person gave my food to some random woman that he assumed was my wife. Without calling me, which I explicitly asked for because I live in a giant apartment complex. It's a little more annoying because this is the second time Doordash has made a really dumb mistake.

I think I am done using Doordash's service!

• Options
  • Options
    Eh, it is what it is. I got them to refund the order and we ordered food through Grubhub who have been generally extremely reliable in this area.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    Doordash's delivery person gave my food to some random woman that he assumed was my wife. Without calling me, which I explicitly asked for because I live in a giant apartment complex. It's a little more annoying because this is the second time Doordash has made a really dumb mistake.

I hope you ordered something that lady hates.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Wow those are some awful drivers. Every time I get Doordash they always ask for my name and if I ordered food. I figured that was supposed to be universal across all their drivers to avoid that situation.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Wow those are some awful drivers. Every time I get Doordash they always ask for my name and if I ordered food. I figured that was supposed to be universal across all their drivers to avoid that situation.

The good delivery drivers in this area all seem to be working for Grubhub.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I think it'd be better to cook them separately, that lets the apples get really good and caramelized from the roasting.
    They're not going to be able to do that if they're wrapped in burger.

I wonder if the extra moisture from the apples may make the patty more prone to falling apart on the grill too.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Man who just accepts someone else's food?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317 wrote: »

I think it'd be better to cook them separately, that lets the apples get really good and caramelized from the roasting.
    They're not going to be able to do that if they're wrapped in burger.

I wonder if the extra moisture from the apples may make the patty more prone to falling apart on the grill too.

I mean you would absolutely caramelize them first and then put them in the burger. This is 2018, we have the technology.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

I literally very explicitly warned you about this months ago!!!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Bad food thread, I'm about to head out to eat sushi where they sell it by the plate on a conveyor belt, all plates the same price. It is my birthday and I plan on going hog wild.

Place you bets now on how many plates of sushi I eat.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Bad food thread, I'm about to head out to eat sushi where they sell it by the plate on a conveyor belt, all plates the same price. It is my birthday and I plan on going hog wild.

30 +/- 10.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

holy shit did you

I did not remember, and have been destroyed by my own hubris

• Options

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Drawing on all my The Price is Right knowledge...

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Xaquin how far to I have to travel to get me one of those burgs

God damn.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular

Are you drinking too? This plays into the calculation. =P

• Options

Happy birthday!

Eat one for every year you are.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

I kind of just put them in melted butter, cook till the white has set, flip them, turn off the burner, and sprinkle a bit of garlic salt and black pepper on them for a basic dippy egg

I am going to have to give this a shot.

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Xaquin how far to I have to travel to get me one of those burgs

God damn.

From wherever you are to Maryland!

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

I had that with grocery delivery from Hello Fresh when they came to our area. The guy pulled up and asked our neighbor if he was me, neighbor days yeah and the guy handed over the groceries. Thankfully our neighbor brought them over to me because he was a very nice man.

I still couldn't believe he just handed someone all that though.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

holy shit did you

I did not remember, and have been destroyed by my own hubris

Well I told you Doordash was the worst of them, at least
    Thread I've made a most terrible discovery.

DoorDash, which does delivery for some local restaurants, also has all the junky-but-tasty mall places. Red Robin, Cheesecake Factory, Uno. You know the ones.

My wife had a really tough week so we had Red Robin food delivered to our apartment.

This terrible knowledge is sure to wreak a most terrible toll. On my waistline.

DoorDash has been the worst alongside Grubhub and Uber Eats that I've tried, but I guess it's true that they'd be how you hit places like that.

Also, are Red Robin and Uno mall places? I'd only seen them as standalone joints.

I mostly see them in malls. Worst how? We've used them to order from an Indian place in town that doesn't have delivery and had mostly good experiences.

It's the only one that's had significantly late deliveries (like an hour+). Also the app has more weird hiccups.

Not the worst indictments against it, but I figured if the other options are a little better might as well use those.

Edit: Also I've got like a dozen Indian places that deliver on each of the platforms so that's not an issue for me :P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    all plates the same price

I am instantly extremely wary of this place

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I made carrot and raisin salad tonight.

I am super super pleased.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I bought a cheap panini press. I'm gonna panini so many things.

Dinner yesterday was pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella in a white bread sandwich, panini'd for a minute (and, like, four of them). It might be too easy.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Dear Bad Food thread:

For breakfast, should I make some pancakes with a lunch meat side, or should I go to mcdonalds? Keeping in mind I don't have a measuring cup.

Elaro on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    There's a burger place near me called Fat Hippo.

They do a spicy peanut butter and bacon jam burger. It's glorious

• Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

The answer is salt.

Your fried rice doesn't taste good? Not enough salt. Your eggs don't taste good? Not enough salt. Your roasted corn is bland? Not enough salt.

The answer is always more salt.

kilnborn on
  • Options
    My salt isn't salty enough!

• Options
    Dear Bad Food thread:

Crisis averted. I ate a bowl of cereal.

• Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular