As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Burgerrrrrr I mean [Bad Food] Thread

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    kilnborn wrote: »
    Syphyre wrote: »
    That OP looks so delicious.

So that means I need instruction on how to make egg that actually tastes good. I've never been able to make them super tasty. I'm not a big fan of egg.

The answer is salt.

Your fried rice doesn't taste good? Not enough salt. Your eggs don't taste good? Not enough salt. Your roasted corn is bland? Not enough salt.

The answer is always more salt.

My blood pressure is 900/500, should I add more salt?

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Boom

Got em

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Sorry, did someone say "bring me your garbage 70s jello/tuna/pineapple foods"?

rN4sfDvl.jpg

CtSEDyql.jpg

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Texas Roadhouse?

More like shitty food and shitty music.

I spent $15 on what was basically Kraft Mac and cheese, deep fried meat flavored battered, and the world's smallest sweet potato.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    LS ....

Actually I could see the last one working

Edit: BEEF CARD 32

Xaquin on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I wish I had a whole collection of beef cards.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    LS ....

I was moderately on board with the beef cups until I saw that you were supposed to cook them in the microwave.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    My salt isn't salty enough!

Then I'm afraid it is good for nothing but to be cast out and trodden under the feet of men.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Hey

Hey guys

och5hjg5vfhs.jpg

Who likes sandwiches

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    "May I please have the spaghetti in curry mayo with pickled herring and hard-boiled egg sandwich?"

-said no one, ever

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    On the other hand, the pate, bacon and fried mushroom sandwich sounds awesome.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    It's like they took a bunch of ok ideas and then added one thing to make it garbage

"Oh hey, how about bacon, lettuce, and tomato"

".... should we add something like goose down in jello?"

"Perfect!"

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    LS ....

I was moderately on board with the beef cups until I saw that you were supposed to cook them in the microwave.

So here's my thought.

Muffin pan. Line sides. Add mushrooms, some cheese, bacon... hmm... onions? Something to the middle of the beef. I dunno, I think that could get somewhere, just stick to "things that go on burgers". And cook it in the oven, for god's sake.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Hey

Hey guys

och5hjg5vfhs.jpg

Who likes sandwiches

where's the picture of sandwiches 5 to 20?

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    All of those would also be served on whole grain rye bread, a quite dense bread, which affects the flavor profile.

I've never heard of spaghetti smorgasbord, I will say. Curried herring is a traditional topping but not with pasta.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    #pipe wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    all plates the same price

I am instantly extremely wary of this place

They adjust the portions on the plates to make it work, some plates have a single piece of high end sashimi on them, others have like 4 pieces of spicy tuna rolls. There's a slot at each table and you put your plates in the slot, and a little screen keeps tabs on what you've eaten. The screen also allows you to special order things, which come on a separate conveyor belt above the constantly rotating one. There's actually a fair amount of stuff that costs more than the flat rate that you can order through the touchscreens.

They maintain freshness by having all the plates covered by little domes that open when you touch the edge of the plate. And by sheer volume. It took about 2 hours from when we checked in until we were seated because they were so busy.

I ended up having a beer and a beef bowl, so I only ended up grabbing 4 plates off the conveyor belt.

jgeis on
  • Options
    Hey

Hey guys

och5hjg5vfhs.jpg

Who likes sandwiches

9 and 15 could be ok I think

Depending on the quality and quantity of the ingredients

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Hey

Hey guys

och5hjg5vfhs.jpg

Who likes sandwiches

Is it bad that I don't find the majority of these that unappealing?

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Number 20 is the one that jumps out at me as yuck.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Sorry, did someone say "bring me your garbage 70s jello/tuna/pineapple foods"?

CtSEDyql.jpg

Instead of beef as meat used on the outside, use chicken as the meat but on the inside and a sort of flaky pie crust on the outside.

And instead of a microwave, bake it in an oven.

Give me a chicken pot pie is what I'm saying.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The description of something as being "in mayonnaise" is eulgh.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    I'm almost certainly going to make this for a halloween party this year. (credit to FB add for ready made version. =P)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funeral_potatoes

• Options
    I'd kill for that

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I'd kill for that

I don't mean to question the price of your services in this regard, but, seriously, that's like 10 maybe 15 dollars at any grocery store for ingredients sufficient to make 4 or 5 batches.

I'm just saying, if you're willing to kill for bad food, you may want to aim a little higher when setting your rates.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I'd kill for that

I don't mean to question the price of your services in this regard, but, seriously, that's like 10 maybe 15 dollars at any grocery store for ingredients sufficient to make 4 or 5 batches.

I'm just saying, if you're willing to kill for bad food, you may want to aim a little higher when setting your rates.

Pretty judgey in the bad food thread.

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I'd kill for that

Are the murderers typically invited to the funeral?

• Options
    No see it was a killing / funeral food joke

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    m!ttens wrote: »
    I'd kill for that

Are the murderers typically invited to the funeral?

Oyah, it's the Midwest donchaknow.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    esmppk615qck.jpg

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    esmppk615qck.jpg

Halloween stuff is coming out earlier and earlier.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    god that is such weasel-wording
    "made with 100% real potatoes"
    if there is any measurable amount of potato in the product then they're legally in the clear

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    No see it was a killing / funeral food joke

Ah, okay.
    *quietly puts away list of names and three potato casseroles.*

I get jokes.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    all plates the same price

I am instantly extremely wary of this place

Place across the street from me did this when they first opened to get the word out and generate business. It worked, I ate the a bunch the first month they opened. Now I go about once a month.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Dammit Lost Salient

May your meals be filled with surprise hot dogs

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    It's not the best burger, but one of the best meat sandwiches out there is to get yourself a whole bunch of grilled satay skewers, take all the meat off the skewers and put them between bread with a bunch of satay sauce and whatever NOT AVOCADO vegetables you want, preferably including raw onions/raw green onions and pickled carrots/daikon

Then you eat that and think to yourself

"I know shawarma is great but mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn thisssssssssss"

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    this is avocado discrimination and I won't stand for it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular

Avocados are great but avocados with a whole lot of satay sauce is just too goopy

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Look there’s good food, bad food, and avocados

It’s science

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    l_g wrote: »

Avocados are great but avocados with a whole lot of satay sauce is just too goopy

would you say that's an avocadon't?

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    LS ....

Mmm microwaved meat that's microwaved again

Deliciously Resilient!

This discussion has been closed.