As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NFL] officially blows ass.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    @Metzger Meister

I'm sorry but I'm rooting for the Raiders to go 0-16 because I don't like Gruden.

HOLY SHIT that field goal was close.

Wonder if Kahlil Mack could have helped them in this tough low scoring game.

:rotate:

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

16 of them were in the Vikings/Packers game.

Nope, the Browns kicker missed 4 all by himself

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Rumors of improvement to the Giants' offensive line have been greatly exaggerated

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Being a Giants fan is hard sometimes. Seems like it's impossible to know what to expect from them game to game. I never know whether to dread a game or feel good about it and I usually pick the wrong feeling.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Last time a KC qb threw 6 tds in a game was Len Dawson in 1964.

• Options
    The new Corona commercial though!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My favorite is the Stefon Diggs Geico commercial.

Not sure if it's local or not

https://youtu.be/LKWQNPv9x_Q

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Ari only crossed mid field on the 2nd to last play? Looks like it's going to be a year where everyone is either a serious playoff threat or really really bad.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    I'm going to watch Dr. K's Exotic Animal Hospital for awhile.

Oh, look... A squirrel has a scrotul hematoma and his penis is stuck in the out position.

Now they are lasering his balls.

This is preferable to the Giants game at this point.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Squirrel

Squirrel

Ball Laser

Hut Hut Hut

• Options
    This therapy quail was born splay legged!

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Bold move not blocking your rusher, let's see if it pays off cotton.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    At least I got my question answered as to whether or not The Giants are good.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I almost feel bad because yikes that offensive line is dire.

Like, I thought our line sucked last year against Atlanta, but this? This is maybe the worst I can ever remember seeing.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    THIS IS TECHNICALLY BETTER THAN LAST YEAR

• Options
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    If it makes you feel better, the cowboys are still going to suck ass and go 8-8 this year because we can only score on 64 yard pass plays where the safety trips.

Our offense is FG and/or bust

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I mean, since the 64 yard TD, The Giants defense has been solid. Especially considering the offense is doing nothing.

Giants have some life

Aaaaand a holding call...

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Giant's pass block is imaginary

• Options
    Ari only crossed mid field on the 2nd to last play? Looks like it's going to be a year where everyone is either a serious playoff threat or really really bad.

Someone has to win the AFC North, so both?

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    The Giants have upgraded, I guess, from disaster to Regular Bad Team

• Options
    Giants probably win 6 games this year.

They have some amazing pieces but that O-Line...

I think they are close to being a very good team...not going to happen this year though.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Giants probably win 6 games this year.

They have some amazing pieces but that O-Line...

I think they are close to being a very good team...not going to happen this year though.

They're easily a 10-11 win team with an offensive line that is at or above league average. Their defense is good enough it seems to keep games manageable.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    The Giants really fucked themselves by drafting Barkley.

• Options

I still don't agree with this. There will be more quarterbacks out there next year and Eli still has a few good years left in him.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    it's a huge risk just because of the low positional value of running back and how generally short their careers are. but obviously it could work out if they manage to pick up a quarterback still in upcoming drafts. but like if darnold ends up really good and the giants whiff on a qb in the next year or two? probably set that franchise back half a decade.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

I still don't agree with this. There will be more quarterbacks out there next year and Eli still has a few good years left in him.

Can’t ever guarantee your organization will be in the position to draft that high with a quarterback class this good. When you have the chance, you gotta take it, especially when Eli’s been washed for two years now. I could squint my eyes and see the justification for taking a running back that high for a super bowl push in a stacked team’s closing window, but this current giants team is several pieces away from that and they’re just spinning their wheels.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

Can’t ever guarantee your organization will be in the position to draft that high with a quarterback class this good. When you have the chance, you gotta take it, especially when Eli’s been washed for two years now. I could squint my eyes and see the justification for taking a running back that high for a super bowl push in a stacked team’s closing window, but this current giants team is several pieces away from that and they’re just spinning their wheels.

This QB class was so good that you didn't even need that high a draft pick to get a good prospect. Lamar Jackson was taken at #32!

2017 had three big QB prospects: Trubisky (3), Mahomes (10), Watson (12).
    2016: Goff (1), Wentz (2), Lynch (26)
    2015: Winston (1), Mariota (2)
    2014: Bortles (3), Manziel (22), Bridgewater (32)
    2013: No 1st round QB picks.
    2012: Luck (1), Griffin III (2), Tannehill (8), Weeden (22)
    2011: Newton (1), Locker (8), Gabbert (10), Ponder (12)
    2010: Bradford (1), Tebow (25)

It's hard to find a franchise QB beyond the midpoint of the first round. The Giants would just have to get another early pick to grab a franchise QB somehow, either via trade or losing. So the question is kinda, is Saqoun so good and, say, Darnold so bad that it's going to be better to grab Saquon now and a QB at #2 in 2019 or Darnold and then someone else at #2 in 2019? Or is the plan to either go without a franchise QB or to find a QB somehow later in the draft?

Cuz I think this is a lot different than teams passing on Mahomes or Watson earlier; the Giants passed on FIVE first-round QBs. This wasn't just missing a prospect; this was actively saying we don't need a QB.

hippofant on
  • Options

This QB class was so good that you didn't even need that high a draft pick to get a good prospect. Lamar Jackson was taken at #32!

2017 had three QBs taken in the first round: Trubisky (3), Mahomes (10), Watson (12).
    2016: Goff (1), Wentz (2), Lynch (26)
    2015: Winston (1), Mariota (2)
    2014: Bortles (3), Manziel (22), Bridgewater (32)
    2013: No 1st round QB picks.
    2012: Luck (1), Griffin III (2), Tannehill (8), Weeden (22)
    2011: Newton (1), Locker (8), Gabbert (10), Ponder (12)
    2010: Bradford (1), Tebow (25)

It's hard to find a franchise QB beyond the midpoint of the first round. The Giants would just have to get another early pick to grab a franchise QB somehow, either via trade or losing. So the question is kinda, is Saqoun so good and, say, Darnold so bad that it's going to be better to grab Saquon now and a QB at #2 in 2019 or Darnold and then someone else at #2 in 2019? Or is the plan to either go without a franchise QB or to find a QB somehow later in the draft?

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    @Metzger Meister

I'm sorry but I'm rooting for the Raiders to go 0-16 because I don't like Gruden.

HOLY SHIT that field goal was close.

Wonder if Kahlil Mack could have helped them in this tough low scoring game.

:rotate:

I haven't watched a single minute of football this year and I've been a happier and healthier person. The Raiders will win like 4 games, enough so that they get mediocre draft placement and then they'll draft some really fast dude who can't catch or some big giant dude that can't block/tackle and the dreary trudge will continue.
    Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I was 12-3-1 against the spread in the PA pickems week 1. After week 2, my season record is going to be below .500, regardless of who wins MNF. Ye Gods.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Vontae Davis retired in the middle of a game

• Options

Whatever. Big deal. I once retired in the mid

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Here’s his statement on the matter. It’s worth a read.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

The Steelers are the biggest bunch of drama llamas

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    has that dude ever watched ab.

yes if you put him on a team like the browns he wouldn't put up eye popping numbers but he's going to make anyone who can even sort of throw the ball a whole lot better.

from last year, but
    yea.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The Giants have not scored 30 points in a game since the final Sunday of the 2015 season, Tom Coughlin’s last game as coach. Only one other team in the league has failed to score 30 since then: the Browns

• Options
    Giants lost their center for the year.

Good thing that O-Line is so solid

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »
    "New England back from the dead!" says the color commentator after that fumble turnover.

Right, because the Jags' D hasn't been a monster all game and Bortles and company haven't been playing some damn good football on offense. It wasn't a rookie mistake by the receiver, just that New England wasn't playing up to their normal standards. They've been going easy on the Jags because it's early in the season. What blatant fucking fav--

*Tom fucking Brady runs for a 1st down on 3rd and 6*

...gaaawdd fine.

*waits for the Patriots to turn this into Superbowl 51, the Sequel: This Time It's In Jacksonville*

Here we go...

The long dark will return to the New England area.
    The beast of the bog felt the deal is over with the pitiful sacrifice this summer.
    This is only the beginning

Counterpoint - List of times it is okay to count out Touchdown Tom:

This discussion has been closed.