As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A new [minecraft] thread? A new [minecraft] game? A new [minecraft] OP? What?

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    WACriminal wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Animals don't despawn as far as I'm aware.

Well, regardless, the point stands that you don't have to be present for your animals to age. I may still lower the aging delay, because I've already got a high birthing cooldown set, so I may simply pace the game that way.

I'm not sure whether players will know if their chunks are loaded or not though.
    Seems like people will have troubles building a farm if they have to remain in server and on their farm for 24 hours before their animals age.

discrider on
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Animals don't despawn as far as I'm aware.

Well, regardless, the point stands that you don't have to be present for your animals to age. I may still lower the aging delay, because I've already got a high birthing cooldown set, so I may simply pace the game that way.

I'm not sure whether players will know if their chunks are loaded or not though.
    Seems like people will have troubles building a farm if they have to remain in server and on their farm for 24 hours before their animals age.

FTB Utils allows you to select which chunks are loaded, just as easily as you claim them.

But yeah, I'll probably end up cutting the growth time before final version.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Can someone explain the use of Droppers? I see that if I put stuff in it and flip a switch it pops out. But I'm struggling to come up with a use.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Can someone explain the use of Droppers? I see that if I put stuff in it and flip a switch it pops out. But I'm struggling to come up with a use.

Droppers can push stuff into an inventory if there is one adjacent to it's output, and because they can face in any direction they can move items up (which hoppers cannot).

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    New beta version currently processing. I can't guarantee it will work without a new world.

Important changes/notes:
    1) I did reduce animal growth time to 1 in-game hour. Birthing cooldown is still configured long for server play, but nothing is set in stone.
    2) The Fire Swamp biome is buggy as hell, in the sense that I can't get it to generate a top layer of dirt, so for now it's just a netherrack biome. Should be able to find quartz there, though.
    3) Game is still sometimes spawning me outside of the Idyllic Plateau biome, which I assume is because it doesn't search far enough to find one. Regardless, if you can find one, it's safe as houses -- nothing but swans, hummingbirds, and fireflies. And the occasional Traveling Merchant, who for some reason doesn't obey normal spawn rules.
    4) Crafting has been disabled on a lot of stuff. Feel free to cheat stuff in, obviously.
    5) The Preserves Jar is working as the sole means to craft yogurt, jelly, and pickled items, but (like a lot of stuff in the pack) isn't tuned for single-player timeframes.
    6) All food decays to Rotten Flesh right now, due to a crash that Food Funk was causing. The crash has since been fixed, but I haven't had time to go back and fix the decay list yet. In any case, the decay times are so long (tuned for server play) that it's unlikely anything you're using will rot.

Next update will likely focus on finishing out the Aging Keg recipes now that I've got the first one working, configuring mob spawns by biome, and beginning to set up the farming progression system via the quest book.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    I will deffo jump in on a new world if i can make the animals fuck

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Botznoy wrote: »
    I will deffo jump in on a new world if i can make the animals fuck

To adjust the breeding/birthing cooldown, you're looking for this in Animania.cfg:
    # Ticks between birthings
    I:gestationTimer=12096000

• Options
    LD50 wrote: »

Droppers can push stuff into an inventory if there is one adjacent to it's output, and because they can face in any direction they can move items up (which hoppers cannot).

So I can place a chest near it and drop stuff into the dropper and it'll push it to the chest?

• Options

So I can place a chest near it and drop stuff into the dropper and it'll push it to the chest?

Yes, you'll need to activate the dropper via redstone for it to push.

The only benefits of a dropper vs a hopper are that they can push items up, and they can push individual items in a more controllable way. Technically they can also push items faster if you're really fancy with the redstone.

• Options

The only benefits of a dropper vs a hopper are that they can push items up, and they can push individual items in a more controllable way. Technically they can also push items faster if you're really fancy with the redstone.

What's the use-case for this? If you're in a mine and want to drop your ore into a chest below without having to climb up/down every time?

Sorry I'm a huge Minecraft noob so I'm trying to learn the function of all these little things.

• Options

What's the use-case for this? If you're in a mine and want to drop your ore into a chest below without having to climb up/down every time?

Sorry I'm a huge Minecraft noob so I'm trying to learn the function of all these little things.

Well, there isn't a specific common case, but it solves a problem no other vanilla block can really solve. Hoppers can move items in any direction other than up. There are situations where you might have something, like say an automated chicken/feather/egg farm somewhere underground or out of sight, and you want to pipe the eggs and feathers up to a chest above. There's not really a vanilla way to do that without droppers.

They have another very niche use case, where you want to drop an item a-la a dispenser, but that item has special dispenser logic (such as arrows). For instance, one time I made a maze/water boat ride where if you chose the correct path it spits rewards out at you as your boat passes by. Certain items like arrows or splash potions are fired out of a dispenser as if they were fired out of a bow, which would not make for a very good reward. Droppers will drop those items as if you had hit 'q' or whatever your drop item button is.

• Options
    I have finally gotten to the point where I am making an AE system in sevtech ages. Holy cow this has taken a ton of plastic. I feel like I'm contributing to global warming and the rising oceanic plastic pollution epidemic. It's not even 'green' bio plastic, it's made from good sweet crude oil.

Man, I hope I can power this thing once I can actually switch it on.

• Options

If you're trying to automate with hoppers, your machine can only grow downwards, as any input-dividing T-junction must be a hopper pointing to a side on top of another hopper (then stuff in the top hopper is either pulled down or pushed sideways).
    Being able to push stuff up stops your machine from then having to sink into the ground.

• Options
    There's always minecart chests on powered rails for the truly insane...

• Options
    Realized tonight while shuffling through some item lists that, with Chickens + More Chickens and Exotic Birds in the mix, there's a lot of different egg types available in this pack.

...which, naturally, got me thinking about the Mayo Machine from Stardew Valley...

...and anyway, this is how feature creep happens.

• Options

They always struck me as useless?
    I couldn't see how to check levels of items in them at least.
    Like I may as well go down myself if I have to guess whether the cart is full or not.

• Options

You can check minecart levels with comparators apparently...
    I guess you put the detector on a slope with a piston blocking the cart?
    And then when the cart is full you release the piston and power the hopper above the cart...

• Options
    edited August 2018

And then when the cart is full you release the piston and power the hopper above the cart...

You don't need a piston, just block off the very end of the track and make the last piece of track an unpowered powered rail. The rail will act as a brake until you want to launch the cart, then give it a redstone pulse and off it goes. The block at the end of the track makes sure it goes in the direction you want.

LD50 on
  • Options

You don't need a piston, just block off the very end of the track and make the last piece of track an unpowered powered rail. The rail will act as a brake until you want to launch the cart, then give it a redstone pulse and off it goes. The block at the end of the track makes sure it goes in the direction you want.

How do you get the cart on the detector rail then?

• Options
    When I did it before we just used a timing circuit I think. We left the cart on the track on both ends of the system for the same amount of time (with a few extra tics on the unloading side just to make sure). Or something to that effect. We didn't use the carts to move goods bidirectionally, so even if it didn't work perfectly and a cart got sent back down with some stuff in it the system didn't get clogged up or anything.

• Options
    Got up to take my antibiotics this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so I fiddled with Content Tweaker some more. Was able to successfully introduce geode variants to the game, so here's what I'm thinking I'll do:

1. Using Ore Stages, replace all the gem ores from Biomes O Plenty and Silent's Gems with other ores and blocks. More iron, copper, lapis, marble, etc.
    2. Instead of mining gems directly, mining will occasionally drop geodes of various kinds (Frost Geodes, Prismatic Geodes, Magmatic Geodes, etc.). The types of geodes will depend on the biome you're in, the block you're mining, etc. For instance, Magmatic Geodes will be found when mining obsidian below y=20, so the best way to find them will be to freeze subterranean lava lakes and dig 'em up.
    3. You can build a geode processing machine that runs off of electricity, or pay a small fee to have these geodes processed. They will drop various gems and resources at random.

The problem this solves is that it allows me to include the gems that would normally be in the Nether and the End, without having mismatched ores hanging around making the caves ugly.

This will also make it a lot easier for me to implement artisan mayo variants and honey flavors.

• Options
    Currently adding the ability for Better With Mods windmills (both horizontal and vertical) to provide generalized energy for machines, instead of only powering BWM mills and such.

What's a good energy per tick for them to provide? I'm leaning towards 40, since that's how much some of the basic Thermal Expansion dynamos produce, but I'm open to suggestions.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Although I lament the lack of sacrificial altars in the pack, it sounds like it's shaping up. We'll have to see what sort of trouble we can get into with bees.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Currently adding the ability for Better With Mods windmills (both horizontal and vertical) to provide generalized energy for machines, instead of only powering BWM mills and such.

What's a good energy per tick for them to provide? I'm leaning towards 40, since that's how much some of the basic Thermal Expansion dynamos produce, but I'm open to suggestions.

Immersive engineering improved windmills max out at 50 (in clear weather) but only if they are above 200 y. Basic windmills do half that. So I'd probably put it closer to 20. My only concern is that better with mods mechanical power is infinitely splittable, such that one windmill can power any number of machines with enough gearboxes and axles. So be careful that you don't end up with unlimited RF.

• Options
    CesareB wrote: »

Immersive engineering improved windmills max out at 50 (in clear weather) but only if they are above 200 y. Basic windmills do half that. So I'd probably put it closer to 20. My only concern is that better with mods mechanical power is infinitely splittable, such that one windmill can power any number of machines with enough gearboxes and axles. So be careful that you don't end up with unlimited RF.

Won't happen, because it's not converting the mechanical power to RF, it's generating it separately. I may even rejigger the recipe so that you could get both the mechanical and the RF out of it.

The way Modular Machinery works is, you can define custom multiblock structures via JSON and then, also through JSON, define input-output recipes for them. So in this case, a standard windmill is defined as:

A 12-height column of planks and Modular Machinery energy output hatches in any configuration
    A Modular Machinery controller block on top of that
    Behind the controller block, an axle with a windmill on it

And then it only has one recipe, which causes it to output (currently) 40 RF/t with no inputs.

Unfortunately, Modular Machinery doesn't have the ability yet to define custom conditions like building it above specific y-levels. I might be able to make it generate more RF/t in rainy weather, but I'm pretty sure the features I would need to do that are bugged in the current build.

So yeah, I'll probably lower the RF/t at your suggestion. I'm also designing some fancier end-game power generators to replace the magic block generators from Extra Utilities and such. You may have to do quests for a mad scientist NPC to get the blueprints for them, not sure yet. Example: The Fizzburst Dynamo, which takes soda as input, then outputs RF/t and water.

• Options
    That sounds really really cool. I can't speak for anyone else but I personally really like windmills both aesthetically and functionally so I wouldn't mind needing multiple of them for different purposes.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Tonight's project is the Seeding Table.
    Through a variety of config options, I've reverted (most) crops back to the old behavior where you can only plant seeds, instead of planting with the crop item itself. In addition, I'm disabling the recipes that allow you to craft item -> seed by hand. Instead, you'll need to build and power a Seeding Table.

It's not expensive, just some marble (which you can chisel to decorate) placed around a pair of input/output blocks, with the controller block and the energy input hatch hidden under the table. Input crop + energy + time, it outputs seeds.

The value of this is that it allows me to customize the "feel" of farming different crops by varying the input and output requirements for each crop. For instance, mustard seeds only require 5 RF/t and only take 10 seconds, before outputting 6 seed items per input. In other words, it's cheap and easy to farm them in mass quantities, so if you're looking for a crop to squeeze for lots of seed oil, you can't go wrong with mustard. One windmill can keep four tables running mustard at all times, and mustard seeds stack to 512, so it's easy to store lots of them. Sesame seeds work the same way.

Melons, on the other hand, require more of an upfront investment. You'll have to put in the full block (which only stacks to 16), then supply 25 RF/t (which means you'll need more than a single windmill to power the table) and wait 5 minutes per melon. Of course, the rewards are worth it. A single melon will net you anywhere from 8 to 11 seeds. Pumpkins work the same way, just in a different season.

Somewhere between the two is cotton. Processing time is 2 minutes, RF/t is 15 (less than a windmill, but more than half -- run cotton through one table and mustard through another, maybe?), yield is 2-4 per input.

I'm not even going to pretend that, like, all the crops are balanced against each other. That sort of thing is well beyond the scope of what I could do without widescale playtesting and feedback from people much better at math than I am. But...it should be fun, I think? In any case, most seeds will be for sale via the quest book, so even if you fuck up and sell the last of a crop, you can drop a little money to get your stock going again.

The best part: I already know everything I just described works, I'm past the bug-testing phase for it (fingers crossed) and into the boring "paste this code a bunch of times" phase.

Saplings will work slightly differently. I've disabled simple sapling crafting ("any sapling + some peaches = peach sapling"). Saplings can be purchased via the quest book. But to get more without spending money, you'll need to build a multiblock Sapling Grafter (structure TBA), then input a sapling and the crop + RF/t and time. Some saplings may work faster than others -- for instance, a Rainbow Oak Sapling will be good for grafting, while vanilla saplings will be the slowest. Takes time and some level of effort, obviously, but it's cheaper than buying every sapling from Pierre. Of course, any saplings you get will keep yielding forever, so the dynamic is a little different between seeds and saplings.

Other machines I already have up and running, just gradually expanding the recipes for them:
    Aging Keg (replaces Binnie's process for converting juice -> alcohol)
    Crystalarium (copies gemstones)
    Drink Fountain (soda production)
    Ender Churn (butter and artisan mayo)
    Garden Hive (artisan honey)
    Preserves Jar (jelly, yogurt, pickles, etc.)

Other machines I'm looking at making:
    Tree Tap (automates maple syrup harvesting)
    Some sort of replacement for Pam's Presser so that I can customize the recipes a bit
    The "mad scientist" generators I mentioned before. New example: "Quantum Leaky Faucet", a dimensional tunneling device which periodically siphons off random liquids out of nowhere with only a small RF/t investment -- 200 mb of honey here, 100 mb of tequila there, the occasional 30 mb of molten manyullun. What you choose to do with those fluids is, of course, up to you.

WACriminal on
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Man, I am looking forward to this! Big props to you for going through this!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Radiation wrote: »
    Man, I am looking forward to this! Big props to you for going through this!

I appreciate that. It's...scratching an itch in a part of my brain that I don't get to use very often.

Turns out that instead of 100+ varieties of honey, you guys are gonna get 1111 (at least, assuming I don't add in any further Easter eggs). I spent today at work learning how to do iterative recipe creation instead of doing the recipes one at a time, and I realized that if I was doing a primary and secondary layer of flavors, it wasn't much more difficult to do a tertiary layer of 10, so here goes.

Definitely gonna be hiding the honey recipes in JEI so actual experimentation will be necessary to figure out how to get the most nuanced flavor profiles. Will you be the first to discover how to make Aromatic Salty Minty honey? Or perhaps Dark Oaky Malty honey? What obscure combination of 6 flowers will grant you these mysteries?

Simple honeys will use the standard honey item texture. Complex honeys get a recolored texture based on their secondary flavor. Nuanced honeys (the third tier) get a colored glow effect based on their tertiary flavor, in addition to using the recolored texture based on their secondary flavor.
    send help i'm going back in

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I hope there's a liquor fermentation/distillation system that's this complex, because you're really making me want to start up a meadery.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Ianator wrote: »
    I hope there's a liquor fermentation/distillation system that's this complex, because you're really making me want to start up a meadery.

It's not this complex yet, but yeah. It definitely could be, I think. Right now the Aging Keg is basically "input at least 100mb of <liquid>, wait a LONG-ASS TIME (like, IIRC it's currently 32 real hours), receive the same amount of <fermented liquid>". You have to age liquid multiple times to get it all the way to liquor. Generally, it goes juice -> wine -> brandy -> liquor, though I think there are some exceptions. Beer is also a thing.

I haven't given the Keg as much love yet, because I feel like what I'm learning with the honey stuff is gonna make it way easier to work quickly on the other systems by the time I'm done.

EDIT: I'm just realizing that, since the 1100 honey varieties will all be distinct food items, I'll need to significantly alter the food journal milestones. And that's before I even get into the other food items I'm gonna end up adding.

WACriminal on
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @Ianator just so you know, that question has inspired me for today's while-at-work project: Looking up the IBA cocktail list and figuring out what it would take to incorporate them all as food items in the game.

Short answer: Looks pretty easy! Actually producing them, now, that could be a challenge for a humble farmer.

EDIT: How I think this is going to work.
    It's going to require its own "machine", the Cocktail Bar, but the bar won't require power or anything, just fluids and items.

There's a lot of recipes, and there's going to be significant overlap in their requirements, which could cause recipe sorting issues, so I'm going to utilize glass varieties to help make sure the system produces the drink you're expecting. In other words, maybe the bar has the necessary fluids for 3 different cocktails, but then you put in a Highball glass, or an Old Fashioned glass, and that helps it clarify what you're looking for. Glasses will be acquired simply by dropping a glass bottle into the bar with an ingot (which won't be consumed). Iron ingots get you Old Fashioned, Copper gets you Highball, etc. Of course, I could cut out the middle man and simply use the ingots as recipe markers -- the drink recipe requires (but does not consume) the ingot, etc. You can leave one of each ingot in the bar for ease of production, but if you start running into outputs you weren't expecting, you can easily remove ingots to filter the bar's search results.

From there, it's pretty much what you expect. The bar takes (for example) 150 mb of Vodka, 300 mb of Tomato Juice, 50 mb of Lemon Juice + ice and celery to make a Bloody Mary, etc. It would be technically possible to automate one of these, but incredibly difficult. Then again, if that's your thing...

Will probably be possible, eventually, to purchase a mob spawner from Pierre that specifically spawns villagers who buy cocktails from you, so you can set up your own bar in your base. I've been looking into doing that with some other villager varieties -- donut eaters, sandwich eaters, etc.

EDIT 2: Successfully tested the honey tonight. All 1110 flavor combinations generated with appropriate, varied recipes. Seems like I'll probably be able to push out a build this weekend with a fully functioning honey system (albeit nothing to DO with all that variety yet, as that depends on villager trades and such).

EDIT 3: I think I'm gonna try to do some screenshots tonight, if I get the chance. Just to show what some of the multiblock structures look like so far.

WACriminal on
  • Options
    Today's breakthrough/realization: I can make the market prices naturally fluctuate in a predictable manner, through a combination of multiblock market structures and a special Season Stone item. And it's not even difficult.
    Multiblock Market: In/near the spawn town, there will be at least one market structure where you can sell your crops. Just put 'em in, the machine eats them and spits money back out at you. You won't be able to build these yourself, you'll need to use the ones in spawn. There's a teleportation system in place, it'll be fine. This market structure will include a "season indicator" block that gets changed out at the start of each season. Probably just wool that changes color via command block, that seems easiest. This will allow fresh crops to give higher profits in the winter, etc. In reality, the system will treat the four seasonal markets as entirely separate structures, but from a gameplay perspective they're different modes of the same thing.

Season Stone: Remember the food decay mod, Food Funk? Turns out, you can add any item to the decay list, and configure its timer however you like, as well as choosing what it will become when it rots. That's how the Season Stone will work. I'm creating a simple set of items -- haven't decided whether it will be 4 or 12 -- which decay into each other in a continuous loop. These will work as unconsumed recipe modifiers, similar to how I described the cocktail glasses for the bar. That is to say, bananas may be worth slightly more during a stone's red phase than its green phase, so banana prices at the market will naturally fluctuate over time, even within a season.

The Season Stone has two different versions -- Admin and Player. The Market will only recognize the Admin version, so you can't control the prices yourself. However, the Player version will be craftable/purchasable, so they can be used in some of the other machines. For instance, the Extra-Dimensional Leaky Faucet may produce different liquids depending on the stone's current phase. Any two Player-version stones can also be crafted together to produce 2 new stones, allowing you to sync their timers for building automated systems. In theory, you could even put two stones in containers with different preservation ratios, so that one would decay slower than the other at a predictable rate, and use that to probably make some absurd contraption.

Anyway, this allows me to move the crop sales out of the questing book (with the exception of "first shipment of <crop>" achievements), into something that I think feels a little more satisfying. Like...the price fluctuation actually even opens the door for players who want to play it stock market style. Trade with other players for crops in the summer, store them in freezers, sell them at a profit when winter rolls around.

• Options
    Uploaded a new test build before work today. It's in processing/approval stage at Curseforge right now. Changelog is there, but here's the highlights.
    -Removed Custom NPCs to help load times, because I don't think it's going to end up playing as central a role as I originally thought. Also removed Magic Bees because Botania is gone now, and Gendustry because I've decided to go a different direction than custom bees, in addition to the fact that removing Gendustry encourages a slower-paced, more relaxed breeding process that I think fits the pack better. In their place, I've added Pam's Flowers, Hunger Overhaul (with all the difficult configs disabled), Charset Audio + Charset Chests (for aesthetics).
    -Copper and Tin ores should be unified into the Thermal Foundation versions now -- no more Forestry versions clogging up your inventory.
    -Crops have varying stack sizes. IIRC, Melons are at 16, Sesame Seeds are at 512, and there's everything in between.

Modular Machines:
    Aging Keg
    szsq0ayc5yab.png
    Can be constructed with any planks and wooden stairs (blueprint is in JEI, but may not render the stairs as intended in the screenshot). The nodes can be filled with planks, fluid inputs/outputs, or item inputs. Currently works for Apple drinks and Banana drinks. Basically, input 1000 mB of a liquid, along with any catalysts via the item inputs, then wait to receive the next stage of liquid. Juice + Yeast as a catalyst = wine, Wine + Yeast as a catalyst = liquor, Wine + Yeast and Sugar as catalysts = liqueur. The recipes for the keg currently use exactly 1000 mB every time. In the future, you'll be able to trade out the center block of the keg to modify its capacity. For instance, use an iron block for 2000 mB processing, diamond block for 5000 mB, emerald for 7000 mB, etc.

Waterwheel
    Not gonna bother with a screenshot here. Just added BWM waterwheel as a modular machine, it can output both mechanical energy and RF/t. Check the blueprint.

Tree Taps
    myfiwubjyl5r.png
    3 logs of maple, oak, or cactus + a rod (end rod for cactus, iron rod for others) + a faucet + a cauldron (can use 3 different types of cauldron) = passive production of maple syrup, resin, and agave syrup. Agave syrup will eventually be used to produce tequila in the aging keg. End rods are now cheaper to craft, due to their use here.

Tall Presser
    k9ww08jlmhqm.png
    2 basins of marble stairs, connected at the corners by any planks or BWM moulding, with a roof of planks + an energy input, a piston placed directly below that input facing down. Items go into an input in the top basin, fluids arrive in the output in the lower basin, any item byproducts of the pressing process remain in the item output block above the grate block. (The grate may be changed to an iron rod in future iterations, I'm not 100% sold on the aesthetic here.) Currently works on Carrots and Cherries.

Garden Hive
    No screenshot here, blueprint is pretty self-explanatory. Input one Harvestcraft bee and any number of flowers (Binnie's Botany flowers don't work due to NBT issues), wait 20 minutes and receive honey, flavor profiles dependent on the flower varieties you put in. I recommend waiting to insert the bee until you've got your flowers in there, otherwise the bee will start working as soon as you put the first flower in, and you'll get a less complex honey. There's currently nothing to do with the honey besides eat it, and they're not localized with pretty display names yet, but they work.

Seeding Table
    If I'm not mistaken, all crops have recipes in the Seeding Table now.

There's some other machines, but they're not showcase-ready yet.

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    People that laugh at you are not really your friends.
    Also, 20 is the new 10. :)

Just try the demo to see if it's anything like you think it is to play.
    If you like it, then you are already playing the right way.

In other news. I recently bought a Switch and have been thinking about buying Minecraft for it. Which let me to thinking maybe I should get the win10 version too, since only java and ps4 is forbidden from playing in the same sandbox.

But as most people that have been playing since beta, mods are the spice of life that keeps the world ticking. Unless it's buildcraft and the bees are slowly killing it that is.

Is there any worthwhile modding scene on the win10 version?

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    emilyidk wrote: »
    I wanna play minecraft but I'm scared that I will be laughed by others :( I'm scared that they will think that I'm a 10 year old :( how? I'm 20

Never worry about seeming less mature than other people at Penny Arcade. Its not possible anyway.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    TrenosTrenos Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I wanna play minecraft but I'm scared that I will be laughed by others :( I'm scared that they will think that I'm a 10 year old :( how? I'm 20

No way, you shouldn't care especially when minecraft is not a childish game when you get to playing mods. It teaches some useful information on how the elements work in the world, because devs are grown up intelligent people, you see. Also no one needs to know what you are playing :P What's at home is for your own knowledge

Trenos on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    C.S. Lewis wrote:
    “When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Ugh. Playing in ftb revelations and my nether portal spawned in the leaves of a tree hanging upside down from the roof of the nether, above a lava lake. Probably salvageable but a huge hassle.

• Options
    They cycle begins again. A friend of mine was hankering for some minecraft action so I set us up a FTB Horizons 3 server. We played Horizons daybreaker together ages ago and we figured we'd give the 'new' one a shot.

I added Millenaire to the pack because it was a mod she was interested in, so we've spent a lot of time funneling cobblestone and stuff to villagers.