As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] Finn is a Big Deal

• FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    I just put all of my Scum conversion cards into my pocket organizer things, unsure if I'll buy more sleeves to take them all back out and sleeve them...

Now that they have the same upgrade cards in the packs, I may just have smaller faction binders instead of one binder filled with every card like I did for 1.0.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Why would you bother sleeving cards that are never shuffled?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

... because they're going to be out, on the table, where people's grubby hands can get them? :D

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

... because they're going to be out, on the table, where people's grubby hands can get them? :D

I could also see flippable cards getting scuffed up as well.

I mean, maybe y'all's situation is different, but I also own the ... uh ... "common collection"? ... for my gaming group. No one else has the ships I do, so my stuff gets used a little more broadly than someone else's, probably.

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I mean I sleeve anything that would be fucking obnoxious to have to replace if drinks got spilled on or whatever, which since I don't play magic anymore, is essentially everything for any game (random commons/uncommons do not need sleeving). So like, if I have to write a nice email and wait for someone to mail it to me, or have to rebuy the entire product for 1-2 cards, I'm sleeving that shit.

I also just like the way they feel sleeved.

ChaosHat on
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    ... there are people who don't sleeve everything? :D

Mine are still in their original shipping packaging. Stuffed into an Armada box. Sitting on a shelf waiting for the day I decide to play the game.
    I originally bought them for the cool ship models. As an upgraded Micro Machine to sit on my shelf.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    As long as it doesn't affect anything game-wise, I don't really care if the cards are damaged or not. If it does, I do.

As long as it doesn't affect anything game-wise, I don't really care if the cards are damaged or not. If it does, I do.

The mind boggles.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I didn't get the pre-order damage deck for ordering conversion kits. :sad:

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    How many cards would you say come in each of the conversion kits?

... I may be thinking of sleeving everything...

201-250. There's generally 2 of each upgrade, sometimes 3 for faction-specific or super common ones. Each ship has at least 2 unique pilots.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I didn't get the pre-order damage deck for ordering conversion kits. :sad:

You had to order a core set from FFG or *ask* your LGS to order it. It's kind of silly. :/

• ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That promo got me too, I was (and am) still on the fence about playing V2, but I preordered the core set to get the full size damage deck. The core set and the deck is sitting... unopened... on the coffee table.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    They should release a "Stock YT-1300" for the Republic faction when the Prequel stuff comes out. You see some in Episode III, plus then we could have four different YT-1300s fight each other for maximum absurdity.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Yeah, I went direct to ffg for my core set for the preorder deck

• wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Wait, I'm confused. Is a conversion kit not enough to be able to play the new version? Is there a new damage deck you're supposed to use, which only comes with the 2.0 core set?

edited September 2018
    Damage deck, templates (they have lines down the centers for collisions as well as the new barrel/t-roll rules), etc.

The pre-order damage deck is a standard card-sized copy of the same damage deck that comes in the core set. I don't believe it was ever supposed to come with any of the conversion kits.

Edit: Luke, Porkins, Iden, Valen, and Night Beast, as well as (I believe) the unique upgrade cards (R2-D2) are also only in the core set.

crimsoncoyote on
    Well dang.

Are the dice changing as well, or will old 1.0 dice sets work with the new system?

wonderpug wrote: »
    Well dang.

Are the dice changing as well, or will old 1.0 dice sets work with the new system?

The dice are the same.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Well dang.

The dice are the same.

I've heard they're technically different. In that the faces are arranged differently.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Also the core set has many cards that are not in the conversion kits - namely the various force upgrades. The conversion kits also come with very little of the 2.0 tokens, but that isn't a huge deal outside of force and energy tokens.

The promo damage deck was definitely listed as a pre-order bonus on the new core. I hope they do more decks like it, as it is very reminiscent of the damage decks for the epic ships.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Well dang.

The dice are the same.

I've heard they're technically different. In that the faces are arranged differently.

Thankfully, assuming the dice are fair, that difference doesn't affect the outcome.

If anyone else is late to ordering the Core Set like me, there are lots of listings on eBay right now for the Core Set with the promo damage deck for just ~$32.

My package was delivered! But I'm stuck at work :(

My CoolStuff order has arrived!!!

... and they didn't send a preorder damage deck?

Hrm.

Hrm.

Did you order it? Unless you or ordered from FFG you had to add it separately.

Hrm.

... nnnnnnnnnooooo?

I mean, CSI never, to my knowledge, had a place to preorder those? They're supposed to come with Core Set preorders.

Hrm.

... nnnnnnnnnooooo?

I mean, CSI never, to my knowledge, had a place to preorder those? They're supposed to come with Core Set preorders.

They don't. It's stupid, but they don't.
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/1/upgrade-your-damage-deck/
    If you’re interested in receiving one of these T-65 X-Wing Damage Decks, there are two easy ways for you to get your copy while supplies last! You can pre-order the X-Wing Second Edition Core Set on our website—everyone who pre-orders at least one Core Set for X-Wing Second Edition on the Fantasy Flight Games website will receive a single T-65 X-Wing Damage Deck for free with their order!

Alternatively, you can talk to your local retailer about getting a T-65 X-Wing Damage Deck with your pre-order. Retailers should reach out to their distributors for more information about the T-65 X-Wing Damage Deck.

Only the FFG direct orders got it. Everyone else had to ask their local game store.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I wonder if in a week we'll see an option from FFG to get the damage deck because of how many people thought they were supposed to get it automatically.
    Not their fault, it was spelled out, but as a customer service thing.

Is fixing fang fighter similar to the T-65 and excess glue?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited September 2018

Hrm.

... nnnnnnnnnooooo?

They don't. It's stupid, but they don't.
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/1/upgrade-your-damage-deck/
    If you’re interested in receiving one of these T-65 X-Wing Damage Decks, there are two easy ways for you to get your copy while supplies last! You can pre-order the X-Wing Second Edition Core Set on our website—everyone who pre-orders at least one Core Set for X-Wing Second Edition on the Fantasy Flight Games website will receive a single T-65 X-Wing Damage Deck for free with their order!

Alternatively, you can talk to your local retailer about getting a T-65 X-Wing Damage Deck with your pre-order. Retailers should reach out to their distributors for more information about the T-65 X-Wing Damage Deck.

Only the FFG direct orders got it. Everyone else had to ask their local game store.

No, I mean, my understanding was that CSI was going to be sending them out with their preorders [ed: because CSI had already talked to their distributors about getting them, etc.]. Pretty sure I asked them about that at the beginning of the process - or possibly read it here?

I also asked my FLGS if they were getting the preorder damage decks, and they said yes, so I preordered my second core from them - but their entire X-Wing 2.0 shipment isn't arriving until Thursday, apparently.

Elvenshae on
    So, CSI confirmed to me that they weren't one of the stores that was getting the preorder damage decks. Which is weird; they're huge!

Which is also weird, because I remember holding off on adding the core set from them to my preorder until I knew they were going to have them ... Oh well, hopefully my FLGS comes through.

I didn't have time to do anything last night, but I am so very excited to dig into my kits and new expansions!

Got enough sleeves for everything as well. I think, however I am going to have to trim some of my clear-back sleeves for my s-foils and other flippable cards since they are *slightly* larger than my other sleeves.

I did decide to get into this, picking up a core and one each of the Rebel and Imperial expansions. Played a few games yesterday with a friend and had a blast. I favor the Imperials and I didn't win a single match but they were pretty close. Some of it was painful from what I remembered from 1.0, being down to a single ship each and just chasing each other around forever.

The worst thing about being an Imperial is the whole "Oh good he's just dead now after one shot, yaaaaaay." Especially vs Wedge with outmaneuver aka the worst thing ever. I would have won that round if I didn't have to kill Porkins basically twice with the stupid repair droid and hull upgrade.

We just did the quick builds yesterday and I've played around with the squad builder and now I'm SUPER tempted to drop some money on maybe the YT and two fangs. The stuff for the Slave I doesn't interest me a whole lot but the Falcon seems fun and the little escape pod seems hilarious. Fangs seem really strong and interesting to play as. My problem is that I just don't know how much other Scum stuff I'd be interested in buying/playing.

There's no news on TIE Interceptors right? I haven't seen news of them being in a wave 2. They're my favorite ships. I like the Imperials but I don't know how viable more Advanced would be, or that I would be that interested in playing them anyways. It seems like right now the best option is to TIE swarm but that requires quite a bit of fancy flying, I tried running Howlrunner one game and got basically crushed since they were grouped up to be destroyed by the X-Wings.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    TIE swarm is probably a bad idea. The classic 8-tie or Howlswarm anyways.

TIE aces has potential.

What you have to worry about is anyone bring conversion kit cards. Trajectory simulator proton bombs are very bad news for tie swarms trying to stick together.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »
    TIE swarm is probably a bad idea. The classic 8-tie or Howlswarm anyways.

TIE aces has potential.

What you have to worry about is anyone bring conversion kit cards. Trajectory simulator proton bombs are very bad news for tie swarms trying to stick together.

Well TIE aces is way more fun then anyways. Just a bunch of named dudes Juking around. Scourge was a named guy I used and his playstyle was really fun and rewarding.

I also didn't really want to buy THAT many TIE Fighters.

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    i think there's probably going to be an interceptor 2.0 expansion sooner rather than later, they're one of those popular ships that notably went from having a bunch of named pilots in first edition to like...two

My FLGS still has not received their X-Wing 2.0 shipment. :(

Also, I think it's weird that the Empire conversion box gives enough pieces to run 3 Decimators, but also only 3 Interceptors.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Still I would rather have a campaign or such I feel they are really missing out on this angle for the game

You'd think a campaign would be on their radar. There was that player made Rebels vs AI Imperials that was apparently pretty popular. They also released that campaign for Armada so they know it's a thing. Maybe the Armada thing didn't sell well?

In other news, I've also been trying to work on an Inferno Squadron list but it's kind of an embarrassment of riches that I can't make a concrete decision on who should be in and out aside from the core group. Also I would need to buy like three more freaking TIEs.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I honestly don't understand all the hullabaloo about the promo deck

I understand on the core level of "they promised a thing and then did a very bad job on delivering it"

but I don't understand why anyone would actually want that deck? it's actively harder to use than the standard damage deck because of the size of the cards! if you have a lot of upgrades, table space is already at a premium!

6F32U1X.png