As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Liberty or Death] Let's play all of the American Revolution! - twice! Starting on page 9.

• Options
    TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    Almost seems 6 of 1, half dozen of another at that point. I either get the resources now and then make into the war OR I make it into the war but then have to stop to get resources?

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    So @admanb you could match 2 Regs and a Torise into NC and get a free wipe + win the day, but then I'd be ineligible for the next card. Or I could pass and take the event in the next card.

Both ways you get to go all out next card. I'm leaning on pass since that way I get pieces on the board, but looking for opinion.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So @admanb you could match 2 Regs and a Torise into NC and get a free wipe + win the day, but then I'd be ineligible for the next card. Or I could pass and take the event in the next card.

Both ways you get to go all out next card. I'm leaning on pass since that way I get pieces on the board, but looking for opinion.

Marching into NC sounds great to me buuuut it's probably not a good move for you. :P Passing and taking the next Event seems good for both of us.

• Options
    Heh Pass it is.

I'm mostly worried about support, unless I'm missing something as Indians I can only move to neutral. So I can lower opposition, but for us to get support it's only Reward Loyalty or Win the Day?

• Options
    Heh Pass it is.

I'm mostly worried about support, unless I'm missing something as Indians I can only move to neutral. So I can lower opposition, but for us to get support it's only Reward Loyalty or Win the Day?

Correct, but everything kind of feeds into that. By controlling more colonies or killing Patriot pieces you can reduce their ability to increase Opposition both in that space and overall by reducing their income.

• Options
    Since both players passed it's just an event update for this turn:

sFP4hNl.png

@A Half Eaten Oreo

btw the next Event card is the first potential Winters Quarters.

• Options
    Gather

Place 2 War Parties in Southwest
    Place 2 War Parties in Quebec
    Spending 1 Resource

Trade
    Activating a War Party in Quebec
    Up to @admanb how many Resourced I get.

Also @admanb for Limited Command, Event, or Pass (you are first next card...)

• Options
    I'll give two and then Pass to get those back.

@Hedgethorn

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Patriots Rabble-Rouse in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Maryland/Delaware. Each space goes to Passive Opposition and gets a Propaganda marker. Since all three spaces are Rebellion controlled, no militia get activated.

Patriot Resources = 0
    Total Opposition = 17

@admanb to reveal the next card (fingers crossed for Winter Quarters!), and then first eligible on Stockbridge Indians

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    @Hedgethorn I'm afraid this is a Limited Command so you can only act in one space. :)

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Oh bummer! I was thinking it was command with no special action.

Alright then, Patriots Rabble-Rouse in North Carolina. NC goes to Passive Opposition and gets a Propaganda marker, no militia get activated.

Patriot Resources = 2
    Total Opposition = 13

Still enough for victory if the next card is Winter Quarters...!
    @admanb

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    Yeah I probably would've played differently had I realized how close the New York debacle brought us to an instant win. Oh well. 80% chance we're okay!

• Options
    tcInSzf.jpg

BwQX3X7.png

British Resources: 3
    Patriot Resources: 2
    French Resources: 4
    Indian Resources: 2

Total Support: 3
    Total Opposition: 13

Cumulative British Casualties (CBC): 3
    Cumulative Rebellion Casualties (CRC): 6
    French Prep: 14

Phewf!

• Options
    British will start with Naval Pressure.
    Geth, roll 1d3 for British resources

British resources:
    1d3 3 [1d3=3]

• Options
    British will Muster, spending two resources to muster in
    - New York, placing two Regulars and two Tories
    - Norfolk, placing two Tories

Then they'll Reward Loyalty in New York, spending three resources to swing it to Passive Support. British go to 1 resource, Support goes to 5, and Opposition goes to 9.

• Options
    I did not notice we almost auto lost there. Seems we should make it to winter now.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I did not notice we almost auto lost there. Seems we should make it to winter now.

I would make the same decision if given the chance but that failed attack against Washington was such a disaster. That was a six-point supp/opp swing. I don't mind that the game has dice, especially with how controllable they are, but it does feel like the game can swing hard on low-probability rolls.

admanb on
  • Options
    French are up for a limited command/event, @TheColonel

• Options
    @Hedgethorn how do we feel about the event? It'd make it easy for you to rally into a handful of continentals, but it also commits most of your remaining militia to the board until you do so.

• Options
    I won't say no to 3 militia in Massachusetts, if you want to send them my way.

• Options
    Event: 3 Militia to Massachusetts

• Options
    @admanb for next card

• Options
    tcUSHq8.jpg

nh5slhn.png

British Resources: 1
    Patriot Resources: 2
    French Resources: 4
    Indian Resources: 2

Total Support: 5
    Total Opposition: 9

Cumulative British Casualties (CBC): 3
    Cumulative Rebellion Casualties (CRC): 6
    French Prep: 14

@A Half Eaten Oreo as first eligible.

• Options
    As tasty as that Event is, giving the Patriots a full command would be disastrous.

• Options
    Patriots play Brilliant Stroke!

Everyone else to trump it if they wish. (Except the French, who can't yet.)
    @admanb @A Half Eaten Oreo

• Options
    Sorry, I guess only Oreo can trump, British are ineligible.

• Options
    I learned my lesson about events as first eligible.

I'm pretty sure I have to trump. Looking at the rules for that :P

• Options
    You get two limited commands and a special activity, in any order. Your leader has to be involved in one of the two commands.

• Options
    Both options feel bad, which just means it was a good Pat move. But If I don't trump and Winter doesn't come we just lose.

@admanb How does a scout into Mass feel?

• Options
    Hang on -- with the Brilliant Stroke the Patriots can only push to a +8 differential, right? So if WQ comes we don't auto-lose. If WQ doesn't come one of us can Brilliant Stroke the next card.

Am I wrong?

• Options
    If I let it resolve then he could go to plus 8 yeah.
    And if WQ doesn't happen we now have to BS "Morgan's Rifles". Which we can cause we'd both be eligible.

I didn't think about BSing if no WQ, which I do think is best. So yeah

No Trump from the Indians.

• Options
    @Hedgethorn to resolve his Stroke (heh).

• Options
    I'll put together a move later tonight.

(I actually was hoping you'd trump and waste your brilliant stroke card. I don't actually have a move planned. Oh well.)

• Options
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    I'll put together a move later tonight.

(I actually was hoping you'd trump and waste your brilliant stroke card. I don't actually have a move planned. Oh well.)

It's at least someone likely we'll waste one next card tho.

• Options
    66% chance, but this way we end up with each side burning one Stroke.

• Options
    Alright, Patriots Brilliant Stroke!

I'm pretty sure this is all legal. Someone tell me if it's not.
    First, Skirmish in New York. Remove one continental and two British regulars to casualties.
    General Washington is now alone. Per rule 1.10, he immediately moves to any space with Patriot forces. He jets off to North Carolina.

Then, March Washington and the one continental from North Carolina to Norfolk and one militia from Virginia to Norfolk.

Then, Battle in Norfolk.
    British Force Level = 2 Tories = 2
    Patriot Force Level = 1 Continental + Gen. Washington = 1, with one underground militia present

No dice rolled.
    British loss level = 0 + 1 (at least one attacking side piece underground) + 1 (attacking leader) = 2
    Patriot loss level = 0

Both Tories removed to casualties.
    Win the Day!
    Norfolk moves to active opposition.
    Also, for winning Patriots gets a free Rally in Massachusetts.
    Add one militia to Massachusetts.
    Then convert 3 of the 5 militia to continentals (the one active militia is one of the converts).

Board Changes:
    Norfolk now Rebellion controlled and in active opposition
    Massachusetts should have a fort, 4 continentals, and two underground militia.
    Total Opposition: +2
    Rebellion Casualties: +1
    British Casualties: +4

The French are now eligible to enter the war, in case they want to play Treaty of Alliance on the next card rather than letting the Royalists Brilliant Stroke.

@admanb for the next card.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    One French win wasn't enough for ya? :P

Rules look good.

admanb on
  • Options
    admanb wrote: »
    Rules look good.

General Washington teleporting halfway down the Eastern Seaboard after getting his New York honor guard slaughtered was the sort of thing that seemed like it should have been illegal.

• Options
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »
    Rules look good.

General Washington teleporting halfway down the Eastern Seaboard after getting his New York honor guard slaughtered was the sort of thing that seemed like it should have been illegal.

I agree that it's weird but on my side it felt weird that I could effectively pin Washington in the north by refusing to skirmish that cube away. I expect leaders to be far more maneuverable than armies and I think the WQ relocate option is their concession to the fact that the core COIN system doesn't really support leaders.

• Options
    The Honor Guard just sacrificed themselves while Washington escaped in the night. They'll be commemorated in statues...hopefully in Paris.