As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax East?

lrjunior03lrjunior03 Registered User regular
Any words on Pax East dates?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    nothing official yet! :)

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    I was wondering when the Pax East 2019 hype would start ;) Let the speculations begin!

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • gwnluv22gwnluv22 Registered User regular
    I was wondering too, just because by this time last year the dates were at least confirmed and the website had been updated....

ijetwpfodsxf.png

Were they? I thought they weren't confirmed until much closer to ticket sale date?

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • gwnluv22gwnluv22 Registered User regular
    Yea, last year the Pax East website was updated on Sept. 13th to reflect the confirmation of the dates and then ticket sales were open on Nov. 9th.

ijetwpfodsxf.png

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think last year's announcement was a bit earlier than usual because of the move to four days from three.

• XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    For the sake of speculation, I just checked the BCEC schedule looking for weekends in March and April 2019 where there is absolutely nothing listed from a Wednesday to a Monday. Two options fit that criteria: March 28-31, and April 18-21. Considering the latter is both Anime Boston 2019 and Easter weekend, I feel reasonably confident in guessing March 28-31 will be the dates. As for ticket sale...I don't know, a month or so?

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
    Xenigma wrote: »
    For the sake of speculation, I just checked the BCEC schedule looking for weekends in March and April 2019 where there is absolutely nothing listed from a Wednesday to a Monday. Two options fit that criteria: March 28-31, and April 18-21. Considering the latter is both Anime Boston 2019 and Easter weekend, I feel reasonably confident in guessing March 28-31 will be the dates. As for ticket sale...I don't know, a month or so?

March 28-31 has been the speculated dates for a while so that's my guess. Iffy weather still for March, but I'm used to the weather from where I live

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    If it may be those dates, it's better in late March than in early March. I know there's still a chance of **** (I don't want to say it :) but atleast the chances slowly decrease as we get to the end of April.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Considering the latter is both Anime Boston 2019 and Easter weekend, I feel reasonably confident in guessing March 28-31 will be the dates.

East has been on Easter and Anime Boston weekend before, so I wouldn't feel too confident in that prediction.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    When that list of the next like, 10 years of dates leaked a few years back, the March window was there, but 29-31 since it was still a 3 day show. I'm pretty confident that's still the window. Plus it starts on my birthday!

• XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Considering the latter is both Anime Boston 2019 and Easter weekend, I feel reasonably confident in guessing March 28-31 will be the dates.

East has been on Easter and Anime Boston weekend before, so I wouldn't feel too confident in that prediction.

True, but Easter was 2012 IIRC, and I don't think it has coincided with Anime Boston for a long time either, so I feel pretty safe in making that guess.

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • lrjunior03lrjunior03 Registered User regular
    Do they will go back to do it 4 days or 3 days?

lrjunior03 wrote: »
    Do they will go back to do it 4 days or 3 days?

I'm assuming that it'll be 4 days now going forward. West is doing it 4 days now too, and adding that extra day I think really helped with some crowd control so I'm hoping they stick with that

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    The jump to 4 days seemed to be a resounding success, so I can't see them going back.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
    *patiently waiting for official dates to appear on site*

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Yeh, starNOstar, I am too. I miss the days when they would announce the next dates on the last day of the current PAX :(

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    Yeh, starNOstar, I am too. I miss the days when they would announce the next dates on the last day of the current PAX :(

It's funny I remember the last time they announced the date and time for PAX East tickets, the site was crashing like mad. Last year they hinted in Twitter that they were going up a specific day and it went good. I think telling people the week they will go up is fair.

Bunta_Fujiwara on
    zmYaVYP.png
  • MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular

It's funny I remember the last time they announced the date and time for PAX East tickets, the site was crashing like mad. Last year they hinted in Twitter that they were going up a specific day and it went good. I think telling people the week they will go up is fair.

While we haven't gotten dates, PAX did just confirm no tickets on sale until "after Australia" (Oct 26th to 28th). Which lines up with last year when they gave us the month of October off.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    MephistoN7 wrote: »

While we haven't gotten dates, PAX did just confirm no tickets on sale until "after Australia" (Oct 26th to 28th). Which lines up with last year when they gave us the month of October off.

I'm fine with them not telling us exactly when they go up and telling us this tidbit. It essentially confirms they will be in sale the first 2 weeks of November, because it's doubtful they will go on sale the week of Thanksgiving, but could. October 29th-November 21st is the most likely "stress window"

Bunta_Fujiwara on
    zmYaVYP.png
  • RejectedSparkRejectedSpark Registered User new member
    Does anyone have a list of hotels that are available on OnPeak each year? I'm trying plan out where to stay next year, and Google isn't giving me any answers. Looking at doing Thursday and Friday PAX and staying at one of the close hotels, and then spending Saturday and Sunday closer to Boston Commons or North End to see some sites. If not a list, recommendations would be greatly appreciated :smile:

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Here's the list of hotels that the shuttles covered, which would be almost all of the PAX hotels:

Route 1: Colonnade, Mariott Copley Place, Midtown Hotel
    Route 2: Hilton Back Bay, Sheraton Boston, Westin Copley
    Route 3: Courtyard Downtown Tremont, DoubleTree Downtown, Loews Back Bay Hotel, Park Plaza, Revere Hotel, W Boston
    Route 4: Godfrey Hotel, Hyatt Regency, Omni Parker
    Route 5: Hilton Downtown, Langham Hotel
    Route 6: Boston Harbor Hotel, InterContinental

Add to that the hotels right next to the BCEC (Element, Aloft, Westin Waterfront, Seaport, Renaissance, Omni Boston) and a couple by Logan that I don't quite remember.

Doesn't look like any of those service the North End, but Route 4 covers the Boston Common area.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?