As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Airbender/Korra] This Decade-Old Thread is Closed

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Also, Book 3's antagonist is voiced by Henry Rollins.

Unfortunately, not very well. I did think Zelda Williams did an excellent job in season four.

Eh, I think he sounded a lot like the wannabe revolutionaries I've encountered. Very in line with, "I'm an Anonymous fanboy and conspiracy theorist. I shall now pontificate on the FEMA camps which the sheeple don't want to admit to themselves are being built right under their noses!" A weird sort of overly earnest belief in his world view, which even if it's not presented smoothly, has an on-the-edge passion about it.

And, yes, Zelda was great in Book 4.

That was the writing, the delivery was really monotone and dull, I thought.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I really wanted Ghazan to survive.

Also, it seems weird to me that the Red Lotus mooks wore uniforms. Very organized for an organization all about disorder.

The Red Lotus didn't have mooks?

• BoomerAang SquadBoomerAang Squad Registered User regular
    I really wanted Ghazan to survive.

Also, it seems weird to me that the Red Lotus mooks wore uniforms. Very organized for an organization all about disorder.

The Red Lotus didn't have mooks?

The ones we saw in the Book 3 finale.

"I don't know how we ended up here in day care while everyone else gets to watch the Avatar being destroyed. I can hold a bowl of poison."

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I've emerged from my Last Airbender re-watch with some new insights.

In my opinion, the true bad guy of the Avatar: The Last Airbender series is actually Fire Lord Ozai. That guy, just a real bad guy, man.

Kid Presentable on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ozai has always been the true bad guy of the series... right?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    The true enemy was friendship.

...wait

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

In my opinion, the true bad guy of the Avatar: The Last Airbender series is actually Fire Lord Ozai. That guy, just a real bad guy, man.

gasp

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

Fire Lord Ozai is an illusion, and so is death.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYQyEeW546g

Video featuring the Avatar Korra figure.

KORRA COMICS ARE HAPPENING! JUNE 2017!
    YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT!

Also, the Nendoroid Korra is back on preorder (worldwide) with an updated look.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    irene koh is drawing it

shes pretty sik

Ct9OJ11UsAAi6ZK.jpg:large

obF2Wuw.png
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I randomly rewatched the finale of Balance, which I hadn't seen since the episode debuted.
    Dropping a goddamn skyscraper onto Kuvira's mech?

Still really great.

Mx. Quill on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Wonder how long they'll dance around it before they smooch.

H9f4bVe.png
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Hopefully at the end of issue one.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    edited September 2017
    IDW Games is releasing a Legend of Korra: Pro-bending Arena board game.

Expected release is February 2018, but you can "pre-order" the Deluxe Edition on Kickstarter. There's also an expansion for Amon's Invasion from "And The Winner Is..."

Judging from the video below, I'm impressed with the amount of depth the game appears to have. And that's without the bonus content.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-zQdA-UySwE

BoomerAang Squad on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    @BoomerAang Squad that's neat, but the forum has rules against linking directly to ongoing Kickstarters.

Posting information and the trailer is fine, just edit the post to get rid of the link!

@DarkPrimus Thanks for the heads up!

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Hopefully at the end of issue one.

It was actually really early on! Yay!

H9f4bVe.png
    More Avatar: The Last Airbender comics are on the way!
    Avatar: The Last Airbender ended in 2008, but the story has been kept alive in the years since by a series of comics written by Gene Luen Yang, the award-winning author of American Born Chinese. Now, the torch is being passed once again. EW can exclusively announce that writer Faith Erin Hicks (The Nameless City) and artist Peter Wartman (Over the Wall) will be taking over Avatar: The Last Airbender comics starting next year.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So for people who missed it elsewhere, The Last Airbender is getting a complete series Blu-ray release.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/02/23/avatar-the-last-airbender-complete-series-coming-to-blu-ray-this-summer

Best Buy gets it a month early before coming out elsewhere.

Why post about it now?

https://slickdeals.net/f/11492191-avatar-the-last-airbender-the-complete-series-pre-order-blu-ray-29-45-free-shipping

$29.45 with free shipping after coupon code

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/26973734/avatar-last-airbender-complete-series?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1vCticvE2gIVh6DsCh2d8Qc3EAQYASABEgJo8_D_BwE

$29.97 with no coupon code, not sure about shipping.

• RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    So, my son turns 6 in October and was in dire need of exposure to shows that are for lack of a better term, actually not terrible. This combined with the BluRay release of Last Airbender meant we started watching it together.

He loved it, every episode. His favorite was the hippie singers, sadly.

When it ended, he asked if there was more. I hesitantly explained that yes, there was another series after it called Korra. He begged to watch it, and Microsoft had the whole series available digitally for something like 20 bucks, so I bought it and gave it a go with him.

This series has been MUCH BETTER than I remember it. I think it just works better when you can watch it in multi-episode blocks compared to once a week. The pacing, which felt terrible once a week, works wonderfully in chunks. And the art, of courses, is fantastic. They did a real disservice kicking it to online only when it was still being made.

Anyway, for anyone who disliked it the first go around or skipped it completely, Korra is worth a second look.

My son and I do not discuss the time he tried to say Korra was a better Avatar than Aang, though. Its North and South in here on that score.

Raynaga on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Aang was fucking terrible at being an Avatar. That is one of the big lessons of Korra

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    He loved it, every episode. His favorite was the hippie singers, sadly.

The hippie singers were great. They probably had the most memorable song next to Iroh's rendition of Leaves on the Vine.

It's just a bit of a shame that the rest of the episode with the hippie singers was a bit unremarkable.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    "Secret tunnel! Secret tunnel! Through the mountain! Secret secret secret secret tunnel! Yeah"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Do you guys remember that one season of Korra where she got a fun sporty haircut? That was cool.

• RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    "Secret tunnel! Secret tunnel! Through the mountain! Secret secret secret secret tunnel! Yeah"

You're giving me parental PTSD.

Though my son actually sang the love in your heart bit way more, admittedly.

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    My son is only 2, but he already sits down and tells me he wants to watch V-Tar! He also walks around trying to say Water Tribe!

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    My son is only 2, but he already sits down and tells me he wants to watch V-Tar! He also walks around trying to say Water Tribe!

tumblr_mlb2fuaeyr1rp8wqxo1_500.gif

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Yesterday was also the 10th anniversary of Avatar's finale.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Why do you lie?

Raynaga wrote: »

You're giving me parental PTSD.

Though my son actually sang the love in your heart bit way more, admittedly.

Can you imagine this. DnD. You're the GM. I'm playing a dwarf bard as a joke. For this dungeonrun I have memorized practically all the avatar nomad songs and invented a few new ones in the same style.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Aang was fucking terrible at being an Avatar. That is one of the big lessons of Korra

I can't remember too well. What did Aang screw up?

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Rchanen wrote: »

His kids...

Not directly avatar related, but Korra did make it depressingly obvious he was a bad dad.

• RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Rchanen wrote: »

His kids...

Not directly avatar related, but Korra did make it depressingly obvious he was a bad dad.

Yeah, I remember that, though he was the "Never there" type due to Avatar business, not abusive.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    And when he was there, he was usually one way or another pushing Tenzin to be the leader of the Air Nomads.

sig.gif
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    And when he was there, he was usually one way or another pushing Tenzin to be the leader of the Air Nomads.

While ignoring the other two kids.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Airbender is coming back! The original series will be “re-imagined” as a live-action series on Netflix. So, who gets to ruin Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko’s vision this time? None other than Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/18/17874344/avatar-the-last-airbender-live-action-series-netflix?utm_campaign=polygon&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Uh, holy shit.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    *cautious optimism intensifies*

It can't be worse than the movie.