As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Bad Enough Dudes

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Bad Enough Dudes

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    They lived long enough to see themselves become the villains!

Vitamin T and The Rad Chad.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DCAarmusDCAarmus Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I find it extremely unrealistic that avowed gamers would be ignorant of "Mountain Dew."

DCAarmus on
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    DCAarmus wrote: »
    I find it extremely unrealistic that avowed gamers would be ignorant of "Mountain Dew."

So unrealistic, it might be described as "comical".

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

They were sprite men for too long, you choose your side in the vaguely citrus drink war and forsake the other.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MattimusPrimeMattimusPrime Registered User regular
    I want to say "noone isn't a word", but there are always hidden layers to the English language that allow anything to be anything else.

But I still think it's wrong.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Mountains Dew are vaguely citrus. Sprite is straight up "Lymon" flavored. Lymon is when you breed a lion with a lemon, sorta like a liger.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    “Some Mountain Dews” is how I’ve always said it if myself and another human person are both interesting in to procuring gamer fuel

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I want to say "noone isn't a word", but there are always hidden layers to the English language that allow anything to be anything else.

But I still think it's wrong.

It's 'non standard' or 'incorrect', yeah. Use no one.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

They were sprite men for too long, you choose your side in the vaguely citrus drink war and forsake the other.

Was Jerry actually a Sprite man? I know Mike was, or rather was actually a Sprite Man (homo spriteus), before The Reckoning. Not sure if he's allowed it anymore.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    “Some Mountain Dews” is how I’ve always said it if myself and another human person are both interesting in to procuring gamer fuel

What if you get some regular and also some code red?

Kind of a fish v fishes scenario.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    They lived long enough to see themselves become the villains.

Gaze long into the brobyss and you find out bros are also people and you might have a lot in common.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    The plural of Mountain Dew is a Range of Mountain Dew.

Or at least it should be.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    The plural of Mountain Dew is a Range of Mountain Dew.

Or at least it should be.

Mountains Dew.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    re: news post. How old are those kids, because that's some proper English right there!

• Options
    sokpupetsokpupet Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Mountains Dew are vaguely citrus. Sprite is straight up "Lymon" flavored. Lymon is when you breed a lion with a lemon, sorta like a liger.

So, what? A lion crossbred with ginger?

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    "Well, then Noone can be Chad, if he wants to so much!"

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    I especially like this one because of the instant shift from the second panel's emotions to their usual playing with words. A very "podcasty" or "Mike & Jerry" comic, if you will.

• Options
    sparkskysparksky Registered User regular
    I don't know, it seems like Chad is better than Spencer. But maybe that's just me.

"When I was in school, they told me practice makes perfect. Then they told me nobody's perfect. So I stopped practicing." --Steven Wright
  • Options
    Jgr9Jgr9 Registered User regular
    And noone knew why.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    it's "a pouch of Mountain Dews"

• Options
    don't think we need to worry yet until he buys a Jeep.
    i-MSWGLGj.jpg

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that Troy throwing a sick kegger was how the Iliad started.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    If liking Doritos and Mountain Dew make me a bro, then pardon me while I pop this collar and turn my baseball cap backwards.

Marathon on
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    One time when I was in 1st or 2nd grade, my mother bought a 6-pack of mountain dew for one of my older siblings. Me and my best friend at the time spent an afternoon making up challenges, and the loser had to drink the soda.

But I've always liked Doritos, both cool ranch & nacho cheese flavors (although I liked the latter more back before they had the "nacho cheesier" promotion when they increased the cheese and seasoning).

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    This morning's dew lasted longer than previous dews this month.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    That "noone does" was just perfect.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    This morning's dew lasted longer than previous dews this month.

Morning Dew is a totally different liquid, though potentially related.

• Options
    Jakk FrostJakk Frost Registered User regular
    I believe it would be "Mountains Dew" when referring to the multiple flavors, and "Mountain Dews" when referring to multiple bottles. I could be wrong though.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Mountain Dew doesn't need any added letters to indicate plural. If anything, the 's' would be added to the container that holds the Dew, bottles, cans, that sort of thing.

sig.gif
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Jakk Frost wrote: »
    I believe it would be "Mountains Dew" when referring to the multiple flavors, and "Mountain Dews" when referring to multiple bottles. I could be wrong though.

Multiple flavors is actually a mountain dew range

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Mountain Dew, or Crab Juice?

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    They forgot the red bull and axe deodorant. Probably something else missing.

Sprite wise I miss when it had cane sugar in it. Tasted better back then. All this artificial sugar crap ruins things.
    I have to admit baha blast mountain dew and the very brief world of warcraft mountain dew are really good. Oh and the dark blue one. Especially those 3 as freezies, slushies or whatever you would call them at various places that serve them. I wish they'd bring back the wow one. It was easily the best caffeinated carbonated fruit punch soda I have ever had.