As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Thread! Streaming Service is live! Aquaman out in December! Comics, I guess!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Miracle Talk
    I think most of it looks quite good, but I do not like its Superman or Wonder Woman, which is kind of dragging it down for me as a whole
    Superman looks like someone attached a bust statue to an entirely separate torso

I agree most of it is good but theres some really odd stuff in there that looks like a weird perspective issue maybe or... I dont know, I really can't tell what's going on with the wonder woman especially
    I legit don't see the issue with Superman, he looks entirely cohesive to me

And Diana's Cape isnt flush against her shoulders which is why it looks a little odd but it isnt anything wrong with her proportions it is just taking how moving fabric actually looks into account

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Miracle Talk
    I think most of it looks quite good, but I do not like its Superman or Wonder Woman, which is kind of dragging it down for me as a whole
    Superman looks like someone attached a bust statue to an entirely separate torso

I agree most of it is good but theres some really odd stuff in there that looks like a weird perspective issue maybe or... I dont know, I really can't tell what's going on with the wonder woman especially
    I legit don't see the issue with Superman, he looks entirely cohesive to me

And Diana's Cape isnt flush against her shoulders which is why it looks a little odd but it isnt anything wrong with her proportions it is just taking how moving fabric actually looks into account
    *shrugs* it just looks super bizarre in a couple places and my eye was immediately drawn to them

And its not because they aren't supermodels, things just don't look like they go together well

But this stuff is subjective as hell, I'm sure there's stuff I think looks great that other people would rip apart or be really put off by

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I picked up Batman: Damned both to see Batman's dick and also to see how they're handling these Black Label books

They seem really slick! Really high quality binding and paper stock, the art is gorgeous and it feels a lot more...book store ready than single issues, they even have a summary printed on the back cover.

The story itself I'm not super high on, it was fine but definitely felt like Azzarello was going for an extremely EDGY take on Gotham and the supernatural DCU.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Blankzilla, give the people what they want.

What's that bat dick look like?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

I ain't posting Batman dick pics

But it's a decent dick

Probably like 4 or 5 inches hangin' loose

You see it in shadows twice and then in full view from far above once. A trifecta of dicks.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

jorhdxv8indq.jpg

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    mods?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I hear that Batman's dick doesn't even have a cowl

Which is honestly disappointing

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    Batman and Robin sketches in marker/coloured pencil:
    8rfbx0gg6a4u.jpg
    pdqnyj8lbh7i.jpg

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    it is my opinion, if it please the court, that the batman's dick panels are appropriately unsettling. this is not the penis of the batting gentleman, no--this is the penis of a damned batman

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    My partner is very upset about Batman’s dick

I thought it was pretty good

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    it was impossible for batman's dick to live up to the hype

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Batman has, like, the best dick, but he needs time to prepare.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Im mire worried about who elses dick we will see

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Tube wrote: »
    My partner is very upset about Batman’s dick

I thought it was pretty good

Says a lot about you tbh

• Options
    That I’m cool and good?

• Options
    Im mire worried about who elses dick we will see

i want everyone in the batman book with batman's dick to also show their dick

and i want jim gordon's dick to have a mustache

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I have opinions about Batman’s dick’s portrayal.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    --

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    --

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Do you think that Dick’s dick just has, like, the most flawless ballsack?

• Options
    edited September 2018
    --

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Oh what a sweet thing to say

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I read that apparently they're now obscuring the dick with shadow in the digital version of the comic and all future reprints of the physical version? I was all eye-rolly when they showed it (because it seemed like a silly publicity stunt), and I'm even more eye-rolly now (because it was very definitely a publicity stunt).

Anyway, what I'm saying is treasure the dick that you saw.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

Honestly just good all purpose life advice here

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I read that apparently they're now obscuring the dick with shadow in the digital version of the comic and all future reprints of the physical version? I was all eye-rolly when they showed it (because it seemed like a silly publicity stunt), and I'm even more eye-rolly now (because it was very definitely a publicity stunt).

I guess that's one way to drive up the value of your first printing...

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    They're Reigning it?

• Options

Honestly just good all purpose life advice here
    Oh, for sure. Really, just hold on to that dick, you know?

• Options
    akajaybay wrote: »

I guess that's one way to drive up the value of your first printing...
    Honestly, I think they should just go-all out: put the dick on the cover (you'd have to put it in a sealed, translucent bag, I suppose) and make it a lenticular cover. Then, on the inside, for the dick-baring scenes? 3D glasses.

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    Drew a Shazam at Drink & Draw last night.
    jpr7zxdjya9o.jpg

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/09/20/breaking-news-say-hello-to-stargirl
    DC Universe’s newest hero is bound to be a star.

In what will give the just-launched DC Universe its first live action female-fronted superhero show, actress Brec Bassinger has been cast in the title role of Stargirl in the upcoming series based on the staff-wielding character. Announced at San Diego Comic-Con this summer, Stargirl will be the DC Universe’s sixth original series.

• Options
    Stargirl is definitely the most interesting thing DC Universe has announced

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    between stargirl, swamp thing, and titans, the dc streaming service just seems so damn worth it

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    i cannot follow you down this road aj

• Options
    I think DCU has the start of a great service but has a fair bit of kinks to work out

It's definitely going to be for big superhero nerds, it's not intended to be a Netflix or Hulu where you can find a bit of everything on it

But 7.99 a month for like 2,000 comics, a lot of which aren't super easily found, all of the DCAU, shows like Teen Titans, Young Justice and a bunch of the animated movies it's a pretty good value for me

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Starman (I guess, all the Star people?) is a character/legacy that I hear a lot about from people who love them but I have almost no knowledge of and don't think I've ever encountered in anything I've read

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Starman (I guess, all the Star people?) is a character/legacy that I hear a lot about from people who love them but I have almost no knowledge of and don't think I've ever encountered in anything I've read
    A LOT of that, most I would say, is from Robinson's Starman. Stargirl is also really good but Starman is all about exploring that family's legacy and role in the DCU and is great

Also you would LOVE Jack Knight, he is your kinda dude

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    between stargirl, swamp thing, and titans, the dc streaming service just seems so damn worth it

not interested in Doom Patrol?

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I read through the first half* of Starman when they released those really nice hardcover collections years ago, and found it to be every bit as good as people made it out to be. It was one of those scenarios where the creative team was clearly allowed to play with their toys without worrying too much about constantly tying it into the DCU at large, and so were able to build a consistent and coherent narrative. Also, they clearly cared about what they were doing rather than just showing up for another day at the office.

* - I stopped reading due to lack of time, and then never got around to picking it back up; that's not a knock on the quality of the comic but rather on my ability to keep focused on something for more that five minutes.

• Options
    Also, I liked all the stuff related to Starman in DC One Million.

(I liked all the stuff related to DC One Million.)

This discussion has been closed.