As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WWE is real bad. Indy [Wrestling] is real good.

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    It's always been my dream to wrestle in Japan Hall.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    How will they balance the star mechanic if Japan Hall just gives you 5 stars automatically?

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Man, Smackdown looks BAD, graphics wise.

Remember how everyone had super high hopes when 2K get the license?

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I'm still laughing at Rusev on Insta saying they were about to rewatch Total Divas and Sheamus in the background just immediately yelling "NO WE'RE NOT WATCHING THAT SHITE"

ed: already posted last page

Sweeney Tom on
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    My god, Dunne vs Ricochet from this week's NXT.

See. It.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I'd rather they had gone with a non-title champ v champ match
    though rather than go with a fuck finish. It made no sense for Undisputed to come out so late into the match, and even less sense given had Ricochet or Dunne won, then Cole could have had a match with the winner and become a double champ.

AlphaRomero on
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

Butt-naked. Ill. Sherms. Dust. PCP. Primos. P-Dog.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I'd rather they had gone with a non-title champ v champ match
    though rather than go with a fuck finish. It made no sense for Undisputed to come out so late into the match, and even less sense given had Ricochet or Dunne won, then Cole could have had a match with the winner and become a double champ.

It's to set up for War Games. I am unironically stoked for Ricochet in Viking gear.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

It took us 95 shows, and numerous pieces of bonus content to summarise the happenings in the WWF between 1993 and 1998 and in Episode 96 of 'The New Generation Project Podcast' we attempt to tie a bow on everything by answering YOUR queries in an episode we've called "101 Questions About The New Generation"... or "Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Ahmed Johnson, But Were Afraid To Ask".

Mwx884o.jpg
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Boy, that house from 2k19 really looks like something out of Tecmo's Deception or King's Field, huh?

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSDmAU175CE

Good Housekeeping II is almost upon us!

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    PWG Smokey and the Bandido is Oct 19th

Flamita vs Rey Horus vs Puma King
    Brody King vs Timothy Thatcher
    Darby Allin vs Joey Janela
    Fenix vs Bandido
    Hechicero debuts against ZSJ
    LAX (Ortiz and Santana) vs Wentz & Xavier for the tag titles
    Jeff Cobb vs. WALTER for the PWG title

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Thats two days after my birthday. Who wants to buy me a ticket and a flight to and from that show?

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Spoilers from NXT Tapings
    Turns out the reason Nikki Cross wasn't called up with the rest of Sanity

Is because they are pairing her up with Aleister Black

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »

I awesome'd but I don't know how
    her frantic mania will pair with his stoic evil.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular

I think you may be assuming on that one...
    The spoilers make it seem like her big thing is knowing who attacked Black, and it's not a true partnership by any stretch of the imagination.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Nirya wrote: »

I think you may be assuming on that one...
    The spoilers make it seem like her big thing is knowing who attacked Black, and it's not a true partnership by any stretch of the imagination.
    The tapings ended with him appearing in the ring with her, having her whisper what she knows in his ear and getting super pissed which she apparently went gonzo for

It feels a lot like they're teaming up, and that they aren't just gonna do this and leave it

If I had to guess
    Candice did the attack on Aleister, to get Johnny a better shot at the title

Johnny Gargano and Candice LaRae vs. Aleister Black and Nikki Cross at Takeover

Especially since they are pairing off Tommaso with Velveteen, who was previously interacting with Johnny

CYpGAPn.png
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018

The Authority is a shoot.
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    The rest of the year is going to be dense with WWE programming. MMC and MYC added to the weekly lineup for a while, Super Showdown, Evolution, and Crown Jewel join Survivor Series and TLC.

"There's just no way we can keep running two PPVs a month."

"But what if..."

If I wasn't laying in bed, about to fall asleep, I'd totally be making a Steamed Hams scene out of this. Someone else is welcome to, though.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Hey, remember the XFL?

There's no news, I just wanted to remind people that the XFL is a real thing. Or, is a "real" thing.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Happy Luchador Appreciation Day, everyone.

BLM - ACAB
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Just like Ted DiBiase says, everybody's got a price.

BLM - ACAB
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well seeing what movies Shaun has been in, honestly wrestling for saudi prince money is a step up.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Honestly I'm happy I unsubbed at this point

WWE is doubling down on their Saudi bullshit in a major way and have done nothing to show any sort of regret or attempts at addressing the problems from the first show in any way

I get NXT through Hulu and I'll watch that sometimes but as much as I like 205 and want to watch the MYC I can't justify it

CYpGAPn.png
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    The only thing I miss about WWE is the ability to live comment/see people’s reactions to an event as it happens.

edited September 2018

WWE is doubling down on their Saudi bullshit in a major way and have done nothing to show any sort of regret or attempts at addressing the problems from the first show in any way

Not only that, but the timing of the next event (a week after Evolution) feels transparent as fuck to me, a way to avoid the criticism they got from the last show by immediately being able to deflect any here with "but see it's okay because the women have their own entire show within that 8-day period too"

Sweeney Tom on
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxFB_xpgMXI

Liam Thomson is going to get his sink back, but only to do Wolfgang's dishes in. Somewhere a monkey's paw curls up.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Don't forget the crowds that decided to deploy massive amounts of racism at Almas and Kairi.

?????

At house shows, Almas on several occasions got "Build the wall" chants (I believe this also happened at a couple tapings as well) and Kairi got "Happy ending" and "Pearl Harbor" chants.

But hey, y'know, I guess those two should've been "more entertaining" I guess.

I'm pretty sure that this kind of stuff doesn't really fall under the "should have been more entertaining" category.

Those racist people were going to be racist regardless of how the matches went.

I also kind of feel like it's WWE's fault (at least slightly) that the Dolph/Seth Ironman match didn't get the reaction that it might have deserved. WWE has proven to it's fans, year after year, that Ironman matches will be decided by the very final fall after the two participants are tied.

Should the fans have done that extremely annoying countdown thing? Of course not. They're shitheads for doing that. But WWE has trained audiences not to care about this specific match type until the final 30 seconds to a minute, so them not being fully engaged in it is at least partially WWE's fault for teaching their fans to not care for the majority of the match.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Don't forget the crowds that decided to deploy massive amounts of racism at Almas and Kairi.

?????

At house shows, Almas on several occasions got "Build the wall" chants (I believe this also happened at a couple tapings as well) and Kairi got "Happy ending" and "Pearl Harbor" chants.

I'm pretty sure that this kind of stuff doesn't really fall under the "should have been more entertaining" category.

I also kind of feel like it's WWE's fault (at least slightly) that the Dolph/Seth Ironman match didn't get the reaction that it might have deserved. WWE has proven to it's fans, year after year, that Ironman matches will be decided by the very final fall after the two participants are tied.

Should the fans have done that extremely annoying countdown thing? Of course not. They're shitheads for doing that. But WWE has trained audiences not to care about this specific match type until the final 30 seconds to a minute, so them not being fully engaged in it is at least partially WWE's fault for teaching their fans to not care for the majority of the match.

All matches only really “matter” in their last 30 seconds. And in PPVs, especially in the big matches, we know shit isnt going to matter until probably around 20 minutes in. Then why do we care about pin attempts within that timeframe? Or submission moves? Or anything? They are just gonna flail around for minutes until that point. People love the Royal Rumble, and none of that shit matters until we get down to the final four or so after #30 comes out. Else mination Chamber is generally entertaining, but also only really matters when everyone is out of ththe cage

It’s because it’s entertaining right? Ironman matches can definitely be entertaining, regardless of how they tend to end. .

?????

The Dolph/Rollins match got dunked on because at this point Ziggler was a complete write-off as a character, known only for losing when it mattered, Rollins was aimless, and suddenly they're in a thrown together Iron Man match for the IC title. Whether he won or lost, the IC title has fairly little meaning because it's treated as it is, so why should the audience care.

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I want someone to use this as a finisher in pro wrestling. Looks awesome.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    A few episodes into Miz & Mrs and wow this is just sweetest and funniest show.
    Maryse managed to spend $600 on truffle and pecorino pasta

hailtothekale on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah they are such a hilarious couple. Miz is like the straight man to all the insanity which makes sense.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I hope it comes to the Network; I've got no other way to see it.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular

I get NXT through Hulu and I'll watch that sometimes but as much as I like 205 and want to watch the MYC I can't justify it

205 is also on Hulu.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    STARDOM has a Pro Wrestling Tees store now

no oedo tai no oedo buy

EzUAYcn.png
    They said Hana and Tam (and also Konami) handle their own merch. Their stuff could definitely appear on Pro Wrestling Tees but it'd be through them opening their own store/s, not part of STARDOM proper's

This discussion has been closed.