As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] You're Not Crazy: Cutest Molaihts Now Cost Super Mitboost Gates

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The really annoying thing is when you have already masterworked a gun and then get a slightly better roll, but the original is higher Light. So you either infuse and lose the Mods and Cores or you breakdown and take a hit to your light.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    They definitely need to address the current masterwork core situation. Make them more common or reduce the cost of things that require them.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    The really annoying thing is when you have already masterworked a gun and then get a slightly better roll, but the original is higher Light. So you either infuse and lose the Mods and Cores or you breakdown and take a hit to your light.

This is why I haven't spent anything on any of my guns yet.

I'm not doing shit till the next upgrade is like +1 light level and I can be "It's ok, I'll wait and live with it for now".

• Options
    I'm okay with what I Masterworked

Better Devils with Sureshot, Flared Magwell, Threat Detector, Kill Clip, Range MW, Icarus Mod

I've been using it to grind Luna's Howl out, it's really great with all that range.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular

Can you elaborate? Losing mods? On which gun, the one you keep or the one you shard?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Can you elaborate? Losing mods? On which gun, the one you keep or the one you shard?

When you dismantle a gun with a mod, you get the mod back.
    When you infuse a gun with a mod into another gun, you don't.

Same thing with cores. When you dismantle a gun that's masterworked enough it cost cores, you get some (all? I'm not actually sure) of them back. When you infuse it, you don't.

So basically if you get a gun with a better roll but lower light level, you need to decide if you are going to dismantle your previous gun (which gets you your cores and mods back but loses you that extra light level) or infuse it (which brings your new gun up to the old one's light level but loses you all your cores and mods).

• Options
    edited September 2018
    It only really matters if i come across a Kill Clip/Outlaw roll, I'd lose my Icarus Mod if I infuse it and also, it could roll a different Masterwork perk than Range, which is really nice on Handcannon

(Eventually ill get a higher Light primary)

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    soylenth wrote: »
    YOU don't need to infuse anything most of the time. How people look is important to them, the ability to maintain a consistent look relatively easily at endgame is not a crazy ask. The ability to infuse good gear with a higher light level item you don't really want with a minimum of fuss is not a crazy ask. Plus with gear having random rolls now, you get a lot of bad/uninteresting armor rolls at higher light level all the time now, making infusion more of a pain in the ass in this situation is kind of nuts. Infusion wasn't in any way broken and their decision to break it is mystifying, especially with the re-introduction of random rolls traits which makes wanting to infuse much more of a likelihood.

Random rolls mean you can't maintain a consistent look anyway. Not while also caring about perks. The infusion system doesn't come into it there, it's already fucked.

And my point was that you don't need to blow mats on infusing gear because a nice perk set is good but not required. In basically any game with leveling you wanna horde shit till you are gonna stop changing levels and items so often. The alternative will make you go broke.

Random god rolls are rare, people are much more likely to need to infuse crap rolls into better but lower LL armor, so I'm not sure what argument you think you're making there. This is an argument for infusion being cheap and painless.

Fashion is good but not required. Perks are good but not required. But they were FUN. My point is I liked this game better when I could consistently use armor and weapons I liked with little fuss rather than random crap I don't like very much at endgame, and considering how much LL progression slows down post 500 I don't think that's at all unreasonable.

You never need to infuse anything. Great. I do and this change killed the game for me.

• Options
    I think they designed it for people who are okay with things taking a bit longer. If you can infuse and Masterwork everything at once it's not really special anymore. Lots of RPGs don't let you get everything right away.

Do I wish there was Transmog? Yep. Do I hate the current system enough to quit? No. But that's up to you. Personally, I care greatly for fashion in Destiny and eventually you do find higher level armor you like the look of. My guy only looked goofy for a week or so, and I'm fairly happy with his current look.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Eh, I think I just finally realized they aren't making the game for people like me anymore. Which is fine, I have so many other games to play. I just get annoyed when people kind of tell me my preferences aren't legit. They're perfectly legit (for me getting the gear I wanted, which could be a grind to begin with, or the higher LL for the right slot that I could finally use as infusion fuel made it special enough, I didn't need any extra grinding just to put it on to make it feel more special to me), but quitting a game that isn't designed for me anymore isn't the end of the world.

Also, I feel like we're all too comfortable with "grind" in a game, like every game has to be your whole life. Like it's some reasonable thing that your game wants to be your only time sink. Like fun is not enough, like there's some video game protestant work ethic that demands a certain amount of "work" so you can have "fun". How can you have your pudding if you don't eat your meat? But hey, that's a whole other thread...

Okay, bowing out of the thread for real starting .... now.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »
    YOU don't need to infuse anything most of the time. How people look is important to them, the ability to maintain a consistent look relatively easily at endgame is not a crazy ask. The ability to infuse good gear with a higher light level item you don't really want with a minimum of fuss is not a crazy ask. Plus with gear having random rolls now, you get a lot of bad/uninteresting armor rolls at higher light level all the time now, making infusion more of a pain in the ass in this situation is kind of nuts. Infusion wasn't in any way broken and their decision to break it is mystifying, especially with the re-introduction of random rolls traits which makes wanting to infuse much more of a likelihood.

Random rolls mean you can't maintain a consistent look anyway. Not while also caring about perks. The infusion system doesn't come into it there, it's already fucked.

And my point was that you don't need to blow mats on infusing gear because a nice perk set is good but not required. In basically any game with leveling you wanna horde shit till you are gonna stop changing levels and items so often. The alternative will make you go broke.

Random god rolls are rare, people are much more likely to need to infuse crap rolls into better but lower LL armor, so I'm not sure what argument you think you're making there. This is an argument for infusion being cheap and painless.

Fashion is good but not required. Perks are good but not required. But they were FUN. My point is I liked this game better when I could consistently use armor and weapons I liked with little fuss rather than random crap I don't like very much at endgame, and considering how much LL progression slows down post 500 I don't think that's at all unreasonable.

You never need to infuse anything. Great. I do and this change killed the game for me.

I'm saying that random rolls mean we've sadly basically abandoned the idea of maintaining a consistent look. You said that was important to you and was part of why you kept infusing, I was just noting that the random roll system has like fundamentally broken fashion destiny.

For the rest, again, while you are still gaining levels at a rapid pace it's always best to just live with suboptimal gear setups because the alternative will drive you into bankruptcy. This has always been true in these types of games and it's why a lot of people who game the system to one extent or another end up hoarding. Often to the point of the devs having to give people a shove to get them to spend at all. It's basically the intersection of rapid changes in the power level of what is dropping for you and content not needing crazy levels of optimization.

It's the origin of this classic:
    238356799_jy85z-2100x20000.jpg

The random roll system does funny things when it intersects with the way leveling works in this game.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Losing the fashion I liked, apparently forever??? in the current system is really frustrating, and frankly, unnecessary given the systems they built in year 1 that I had assumed were going to transfer to year 2.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    The armour system in general is a complete mess right now imo. With how completely fucking random everything ends up with the intersections of all these perks with what armour they rolled on with what weapons you might be using now but not an hour from now with the lack of any real way to organize anything it becomes really difficult to manage. And with how hard it is to compare the available perks on each piece of gear (and I shudder to think what it's like with console load times) it's a headache and a mess and impossible to wrap one's head around.

• Options
    Was doing well in Comp with a LFG, and we run into a team with all Chaperones and two Luna Howls.

We held our own but we stayed behind by like 10 points the whole game. I wasn't mad, they played pretty well. We just got unlucky.

Then the guy who was emoting on my body the whole match sends me this:
    pntrsaiwd75o.png

He hasn't responded yet but, the irony of a team of shotguns rushers hating on Telesto, the one really good counter to that, saying I'm ruining the game is staggering

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Somewhere, the finger of a mummified simian hand has just curled up.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    I had a match yesterday where a Titan teabagged me, then I killed him and teabagged him.

Except afterwords I realized that he was using his crouch-shield, and wasn't teabagging me, and was actually just using his shield.

Which I will henceforth refer to as the "teabag shield"

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Is there a trigger required for invasion portals to activate? it wouldn't open during an entire burndown phase and lost a round because of it. the enemy portal worked just fine, and they were in the lead...

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Wow, being on-level with the first raid encounter is way more fun than being 20-30 levels under!
    We managed to beat the first encounter of the raid this week, thanks to our higher power levels. It was as simple as it seemed it would be.

Of course, the next encounter is 565 and almost everyone else is 535-550, so we didn't stand much a chance at clearing it anyway. We do think we figured out how to do it though. It's a shame we've got another few dozen hours of non-raid grinding before everyone's ready to take it on.

Arteen on
  • Options
    PC CLAN ALERT

We've got lots of applications steadily coming in and I'm running out of space so I'm starting to kick people who've been gone for literally hundreds of days. It's nothing personal. If you want back in, just reapply. There is no entrance exam and I don't give a shit and will just click the button.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I just spent like two goddamn hours trying to get my fifth Gambit invader HC kill and ONLY NOW see that they changed the quest and that it reset my progress, so I'm at 13% HC kills.

On the bright side, I'm going to go absolutely ragey apeshit and murder everything in the Gambit match I just loaded into

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I had 3/5 kills for that. I was at 3%, naturally, after the change. Took me two matches to finish that off, so there’s that.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    So apparently there is a way to get a non combat raid chest with no glitching involved. Just solving a wall puzzle and doing some jumps

Behind the cut
    E. It's right at the start of the raid also

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I had a match yesterday where a Titan teabagged me, then I killed him and teabagged him.

Except afterwords I realized that he was using his crouch-shield, and wasn't teabagging me, and was actually just using his shield.

You don't need to crouch to reload from that anymore.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Was doing well in Comp with a LFG, and we run into a team with all Chaperones and two Luna Howls.

We held our own but we stayed behind by like 10 points the whole game. I wasn't mad, they played pretty well. We just got unlucky.

Then the guy who was emoting on my body the whole match sends me this:
    pntrsaiwd75o.png

He hasn't responded yet but, the irony of a team of shotguns rushers hating on Telesto, the one really good counter to that, saying I'm ruining the game is staggering

What a childish fuckmuppet.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    First match of Gambit last night was fun. Random solo queue and we even won a round! (lost the match 2-1)

With how badly we were stomped the last round, still not sure how we won the second one other than the fact I super'd at the start to quickly clear the first wave, and then we never lost momentum? Seemed like the opposing team had the same experience in the last round since we never gained momentum while they never lost it.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Opty wrote: »

I don't understand this word "crouch".

Ohhh okay. I googled it and it seems to resemble teabagging. Not sure why you are using this obscure term (is it old English?) for teabagging.

• Options

Ohhh okay. I googled it and it seems to resemble teabagging. Not sure why you are using this obscure term (is it old English?) for teabagging.

Someone teagbagged me late last night and I thought of your post, but... he was a Hunter, so... this guy wasn't shielding. Also, he went up and down a good ten times. Thank goodness we crushed his team 140ish-70ish.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Someone teagbagged me late last night and I thought of your post, but... he was a Hunter, so... this guy wasn't shielding. Also, he went up and down a good ten times. Thank goodness we crushed his team 140ish-70ish.

Might have been trying to dodge roll? Probably not though

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I have definitely accidentally teabagged while trying to dodge

On my titan

/huntermain

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Hermano wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Might have been trying to dodge roll? Probably not though

Oh, no, this was a very deliberate "you got me to a sliver of health before I killed you, no one else is around, I'm going to walk over and go up and down for the entire time that you're staring at your corpse" kind of thing.

If that's a dodge roll, I'm Britney Spears.
    Oh, the taste of your nuts
    I'm on the floooor-
    You're tea-baggin', I'm sittin' un-dah
    With a taste of exotic solar bolts
    I'm addicted ta you, don'tcha know that I'm tea-bagged

GMaster7 on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    When I bag I have to do it slow. So they savor. Also I don't want to accidentally trigger my class ability

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Wow, being on-level with the first raid encounter is way more fun than being 20-30 levels under!
    We managed to beat the first encounter of the raid this week, thanks to our higher power levels. It was as simple as it seemed it would be.

Of course, the next encounter is 565 and almost everyone else is 535-550, so we didn't stand much a chance at clearing it anyway. We do think we figured out how to do it though. It's a shame we've got another few dozen hours of non-raid grinding before everyone's ready to take it on.

Once I got down to only dying once in the attempt, it all worked out!

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Am I crazy or is the cutest molaiht about inflation soon costs super mitboost gates by the fact spider sells everything you need? Like sure you csntbinfuse everything ever, but you pretty much get a couple free infusions a week from him.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Disrupter, I think your phone's keyboard is trying to rebel against you.

Dys on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Last night almost every IB I was in was against teams with 4-6 person stacks. Meanwhile, my side had like friggin level 20's who ended the game with a .1 efficiency.

They should've put a minimum level cap of 50 on it.
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Am I crazy or is the cutest molaiht about inflation soon costs super mitboost gates by the fact spider sells everything you need? Like sure you csntbinfuse everything ever, but you pretty much get a couple free infusions a week from him.

I think it's fine if you remember to stop by Spider and pick up a few every day. The buff drops too rarely considering it only gives one.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »

I think it's fine if you remember to stop by Spider and pick up a few every day. The buff drops too rarely considering it only gives one.

Kinda annoyed with the undercutting of the Tower, from a game design perspective. The idea of the tower is a central hub with all the shit you need in one place to minimize "overhead" time. Spider requires a load into a whole new planet plus a bit of a walk to do a thing that, optimally, you should be doing ever reset.

Blech.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

I got a Cutest Molaiht from the raid last night and that super mitboost perk is pretty damn good.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    'Super mitboost' sounds like an advanced PvP strategy invented by German streamers.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Ok Google, how to unlock Super Mitboost Skin in Fortnite

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    That search would probably get me flagged by IT.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
This discussion has been closed.