As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I went 9-1 playing Jaina, only loss was a mirror.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    I faced almost exclusively Jaina's. The games took forever.

teriferin#1625
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I'm fine with a broken brawl. Most people play it for fun, to see what kind of crazy stuff they can pull off using the weird rules. "Your deck is 30 copies of one card" and other ones like it are particularly fun. Sure, there's OP decks, but it was more fun to try different things. So the variety of decks wasn't harmed despite one or two decks being instant wins.

But, to release a unfair brawl and give everyone a quest that says they must win 5 times? That's just asking for trouble.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    I dunno, I got mine done with Uther and GulDan. I think 4 out of my 5 wins were against Jaina and I only had one or two losses.

But yeah the whole thing was duuuuuumb.
    Coulda been shitty Jainas!

I'm so glad I had my punching bag account to farm the wins on. Easy 600 gold!

Well, 550 since the damn things ate a normal daily...

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Ever since I altered the Maly Rogue deck with -1 Roll the Bones and +1 Sudden Betrayal, I've gone almost 70% win rate to rank 4. Missed out on a win because all my damage was in my bottom 10 cards. Deck is fun, even if it's rough against aggro. Betrayal has helped out immensely though.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Ever since I altered the Maly Rogue deck with -1 Roll the Bones and +1 Sudden Betrayal, I've gone almost 70% win rate to rank 4. Missed out on a win because all my damage was in my bottom 10 cards. Deck is fun, even if it's rough against aggro. Betrayal has helped out immensely though.

Also frustrating when people playing miracle bounce minions back into your hand to delay the Maly lethal turn.

What, just me?

Played Quest up to Rank 1 this weekend. There are a lot of bad Token Druid players trying to jump on the bandwagon. Heal Zoo's addition of Despicable Dreadlord makes the matchup significantly harder since it stomps the Giggling into Sonya plays. I also somehow lost a game to an Odd Warrior (DK was 29th card and Zola was 26th).
    my3tGkd.png?1

• psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    I'd really love to know what was going through Blizzards mind when they decided to print a card like Mechathun in a block in which only one class has access to a way to interact with the opponents hand?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    apathy

liEt3nH.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    just bangin out these tavern brawls with uther, when this happened
    H3ZOH7p.png

his next turn he just looked at it for a long time, it was wonderful

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Dane keeps topping himself with "craziest game of Hearthstone that I've ever seen" games.

https://youtu.be/q1bt9klnM_U

It's a 33 minute long Trolden video. Just put Epic Sax over the entire thing.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular

What deck list? I'm interested in something new.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Been playing Even Shaman all weekend. I like the deck, but I'm still learning it. You pull some wins completely out of your ass. Like when my opponent has 28 health and I only have two Meat Elementals* on the board, but, whoops, that turned out to be 30 damage somehow! Sorry!

I'm probably going to need to play some Arena to try and build up some dust to craft Kalimos, because I do kinda need him. I have multiple ways of randomly getting him, and when I do, he's a major game-changer.

Hagatha is also a pretty great board clear when you have two Meat Elementals* up already. Hagatha has won me many games.

*Sea Giant

Thawmus on
    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Dane keeps topping himself with "craziest game of Hearthstone that I've ever seen" games.

I really liked how they created a gentlemen's agreement in the middle of the game to keep it going as long as possible.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    edited September 2018

I really liked how they created a gentlemen's agreement in the middle of the game to keep it going as long as possible.

No doubt. And it ended in the most appropriate way possible.

I love how at one point after about twenty turns Dane says "We're ahead in the fatigue race," with his deck having something like 50 cards and the other deck having 24.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Got my 600 gold. That wasn't the best way to set this thing up, but hey, the reward was great, so I'm still happy.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Quick cross-post. I'm doing Extra-Life again this year in early November. Doing a Blizzard $25 raffle, bunch of Steam give-aways, and something physical that I haven't decided on yet. Only gotta donate at least $5 to enter into everything. Click here for a full post of details. Thanks dooders. Go back to complaining about how TFT bundle is dumb and costs too much because it is. <3

KoopahTroopah on
    lwt1973 wrote: »

What deck list? I'm interested in something new.

@Beastwizard posted the list originally. Had some success with it, but as @Neaden pointed out, losing to aggro for free is super frustrating. The suggestion was to -1 Roll the Bones, +1 Sudden Betrayal. Big difference!

Here's the current list:

j2alaph92cks.png
    AAECAaIHBrQDwMwCgNMC2eMC8OYC7PwCDLQBxAHNA70EmwXGBYgHhgn3wQLb4wLf4wLe+gIA

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I hate this meta. I'm likely going to stop playing. Can't even get to rank 10 any more.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Quick cross-post. I'm doing Extra-Life again this year in early November. Doing a Blizzard $25 raffle, bunch of Steam give-aways, and something physical that I haven't decided on yet. Only gotta donate at least $5 to enter into everything. Click here for a full post of details. Thanks dooders. Go back to complaining about how TFT bundle is dumb and costs too much because it is. <3

This is awesome and you are awesome. Be sure to post a reminder in here as we get closer, because I'm sure some people would like to participate/watch/donate but may forget by Nov. 10.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    trying out some resurrect priest and the deck sure makes you feel smart even if you're absolutely not

https://hsreplay.net/replay/QVHhcjqgHX4tCMoobMsc9E

like... what i did on turn 22 should absolutely not have worked but i somehow kept the upper hand after that?

I think I was really ahead by turn 8 because of all the lich kings I got out there, but it sure looked like I was throwing this game until I won

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Neat, you beat Forsen.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Forsen is still around?

edited September 2018
    I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Mind Control Tech HoF'd, or at least nerfed. It's such a dumb, mindless, overly swingy tech card that can arbitrarily win/lose games by itself. It's also a 3 mana 3/3 so it's not even horrible when it doesn't work. I remember the last time a 6-stat body was attached to a 3-mana neutral card with a powerful battlecry...

Edit: Highlighted key words.

forty on
    There's actually like a dozen of those.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    absolutely agree.

I hate playing around it even more than getting punished by it.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited September 2018
    Yilias wrote: »

i have to d a double take everytime i see a walnut pixie.

edit: blackwald pixie ofc.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    I'm pretty sure that's not true. But anyway, I was obviously referencing Big Game Hunter, which amazingly still shows up here and there as a tech choice despite the big nerf.

isn't BGH statline pretty bad for 5 mana? I feel like you pay more for that battlecry than MC tech,

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    bwanie wrote: »
    isn't BGH statline pretty bad for 5 mana? I feel like you pay more for that battlecry than MC tech,

BGH used to be 3 mana once upon a time. It got nerfed to 5 because it was universally run in decks of all speeds. That was somewhat reliant on Dr. Boom also being universally run in decks of all speeds though.
    forty wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's not true. But anyway, I was obviously referencing Big Game Hunter, which amazingly still shows up here and there as a tech choice despite the big nerf.

I genuinely wasn't sure if you were talking about Void Ripper, Taldaram, Gluttonous Ooze, prenerf Tinkmaster, prenerf BGH, or implying something about Brann.

• TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    Fungal Enchanter, Void Ripper, Gluttonous Ooze, Lone Champion, Blood Knight, Earthen Ring Farseer, Deathspeaker, and the old Tinkmaster Overspark are probably the only cards that count and have seen play. Mmmmaybe pre-nerf Arcane Golem or Prince Taldaraam, but the first has a negative battlecry and Prince I think only saw play briefly?

With the other two mentioned, that's exactly a dozen. Stretched a bit to get there, but then the claim was only that there were "like" a dozen.

Most of those don't have nearly as powerful a battlecry as "(conditionally) kill a minion" (BGH) or "(conditionally) mind control a minion". And my point was specifically about such a card being nerfed, which disqualifies pretty much everything but BGH.

edited September 2018
    The rank 5 floor meta was pissing me off. It was basically 50% Zoo, 25% Even Warlock, and 25% Token Druid. I just wanted to play Thief Rogue in peace, but the matchups were all incredibly bad. The rank five floor is a terrible place for people to play Tryhard decks, but by god they were doing it. So, I broke out the Big Warrior and cruised to rank 4 in five games.

The rank 4 boss was Even Warlock. They probably thought that they were safe behind a taunted up 4/10 drake and an activated Hooked Reaver, while I had a silenced Ysera out and a Woecleaver up, while I was Boom with the armor hero power showing. They were at 10 life. Swing into the Drake. Lich King pops out. “You. You’re good.”

BOOMSHIP. A 9/7 (from Boom hero power on the previous turn) a 7/6 drake, and a 7/7 devilsaur hit the board. 7/6 into the Reaver, 9/7 into the Drake, Ysera and Devilsaur eat face. It’s too much to say that I love Big Warrior, but for whatever reason, damn, it seems to love me.

Shadowhope on
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I didn't play as much this month, mostly just kept up with dailies and hovered around 7, but went on and Odd Warrior streak against 2 zoolocks, a mage, and a stress free rank 5 boss against secret hunter.

So ya, I'm glad I finally crafted the warrior quest, and more so that I knew from the thread to pitch it against aggro.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    Zoo might as well concede against odd warrior it’s so lopsided. I don’t play much zoo but I have seen a couple odd warriors lately and it’s basically just autopilot for them.

Zoo might as well concede against odd warrior it’s so lopsided. I don’t play much zoo but I have seen a couple odd warriors lately and it’s basically just autopilot for them.

Zoo wins about 1/3 of the time. I’m not saying it’s a good matchup or anything, but it’s not a guarantee by any means, and it’s worth playing out.

edited September 2018
    The rank 5 floor meta was pissing me off. It was basically 50% Zoo, 25% Even Warlock, and 25% Token Druid. I just wanted to play Thief Rogue in peace, but the matchups were all incredibly bad. The rank five floor is a terrible place for people to play Tryhard decks, but by god they were doing it. So, I broke out the Big Warrior and cruised to rank 4 in five games.

The rank 4 boss was Even Warlock. They probably thought that they were safe behind a taunted up 4/10 drake and an activated Hooked Reaver, while I had a silenced Ysera out and a Woecleaver up, while I was Boom with the armor hero power showing. They were at 10 life. Swing into the Drake. Lich King pops out. “You. You’re good.”

BOOMSHIP. A 9/7 (from Boom hero power on the previous turn) a 7/6 drake, and a 7/7 devilsaur hit the board. 7/6 into the Reaver, 9/7 into the Drake, Ysera and Devilsaur eat face. It’s too much to say that I love Big Warrior, but for whatever reason, damn, it seems to love me.

I'm missing Yip and Woecleaver. Obviously the weapon is super important, but what about Yip? I'd really like to avoid crafting him if possible. Doesn't seem super important, more of a value card.

Subbed in Gruul for the time being.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page

Zoo wins about 1/3 of the time. I’m not saying it’s a good matchup or anything, but it’s not a guarantee by any means, and it’s worth playing out.

I certainly haven’t played enough matchups to say one way or another, but the problem I have is that if I go wide they have answers like reckless flurry and brawl, whereas if I keep a tight 1-3 minion board they either have direct removal or the armor outpaces any damage I can do.

It does not seem like there is a good way to play around whatever the warrior wants to do.

• InqInq Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

I certainly haven’t played enough matchups to say one way or another, but the problem I have is that if I go wide they have answers like reckless flurry and brawl, whereas if I keep a tight 1-3 minion board they either have direct removal or the armor outpaces any damage I can do.

It does not seem like there is a good way to play around whatever the warrior wants to do.

I think the idea is basically just to play in to the mass removal and hope you exhaust it. And use lifetap to recover from it.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/N3GELNgRfPdSLrmX6rvAi8

Inq on