As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    "Get your thesaurus's out team, we need another word for ice."
    "Blizzard!"
    "Used it."
    "Freeze!"
    "Also used it."
    "Frost!"
    "No."
    "Chill!"
    "No!"
    "Uh... tundra?"
    "Checking... yes! Congrats, you get a bonus on your paycheck!"

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Yuri on Ice man seems pretty neat

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    But is it fixed yet?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    There's a thing about how latter-day robot masters (7/8/MM&B) start to look like early MMX reploids that I always found interesting. 9 & 10 definitely walked it back into more traditional Classic series design, but characters like Tundra Man look pretty cool great imho.

Edit: I honestly didn't intend that pun.
    Edit 2: some examples
    29rfm0p0w1tk.jpggsni49zc9iae.jpgjlr2kb381ebz.jpg
    0b7avuew4tph.jpgnniszay357zb.pngssbn343m71gh.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular
    I found a used copy of the Switch MMXC and it really does play like dog shit. Framerate drops that weren't in the SNES release, very noticeable input lag; what were they thinking releasing the collection like this?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I found a used copy of the Switch MMXC and it really does play like dog shit. Framerate drops that weren't in the SNES release, very noticeable input lag; what were they thinking releasing the collection like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsKEQCeTBck

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options

It really is shitty. I dont think its possible to beat Doppler 1 in X3 because of the weird lag. Lack of save states is just unnacceptable as well

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

What's messed up is the Switch version isn't even the worst version in regards to input lag. The PS4 versions of the game perform the worst in that regard, with the XBox One version being the best (aside from PC with certain settings disabled). I think the main disadvantage of the Switch version is the slowdowns, and these seem to only happen on the SNES games. I think they're just using a really bad SNES emulator, as the games in the 2nd collection perform BETTER than on their original hardware.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Looks like Mega Man 11 is getting great reviews everywhere.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I quite enjoyed it.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Bouncemans stage can suck a dick. Liking everything else though

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Bouncemans stage can suck a dick. Liking everything else though
    Spring Man's revenge?

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Anyone find out how you get the last few shop items?

• Options
    edited October 2018
    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Goddammit, Mega Man.

You're back and sober. If you want to stay clean, stay far away from Sonic.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    So is there a new game plus? The last gear and weapon upgrades seem pointless otherwise

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Fuck me running. Bounce Man's stage can eat a dick.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Are... Protoman and Bass completely missing from this game?

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Viskod wrote: »
    Are... Protoman and Bass completely missing from this game?

Yes. They were from 9, too, until the Protoman DLC dropped.

Anyway, I just got to the last stage, and I can safely say that my biggest disappointment with 11 is
    that every Wily Castle stage has the same music.

I really enjoy it otherwise.

Tim is on the Internet on
    Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    I would not be surprised if Protoman and Bass end up being DLC down the line.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Delzhand wrote: »

I don't know why they'd make a new announcement with literally no new info, either.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    The stages in Megaman 11 seem incredibly long for how few checkpoints they added in the stages.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Delzhand wrote: »

Now see, if it was a cgi movie like Pixar or Dreamworks I'd be interested.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Goddammit, Mega Man.

You're back and sober. If you want to stay clean, stay far away from Sonic.

What are you talking about?
    o14ne37hiba0.jpg
    qpapdsxzgjip.jpg

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    MM11 post-credits spoilers
    The series' propensity as a whole for implying that most of the Robot Masters and Reploids were peaceful robots taken control of by Dr. Wily, but your general response to their plight has largely been to kill them has never really sat well with me. I appreciate that they made it a point after the ending to show that Dr. Light rescued these Robot Masters this time around.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    The series' propensity as a whole for implying that most of the Robot Masters and Reploids were peaceful robots taken control of by Dr. Wily, but your general response to their plight has largely been to kill them has never really sat well with me. I appreciate that they made it a point after the ending to show that Dr. Light rescued these Robot Masters this time around.

About that.
    The Mega Man series lore has always been that Mega Man saves the core chips of the robots he beats and Light rebuilds them friendly again. But in Mega Man X, you're 100% killing them all. This is most obvious in X4.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Donnicton wrote: »

About that.
    The Mega Man series lore has always been that Mega Man saves the core chips of the robots he beats and Light rebuilds them friendly again. But in Mega Man X, you're 100% killing them all. This is most obvious in X4.

True. Still, it's a nice touch to have them show it more explicitly in game.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    One of the many things I like about 11 is that even though I'm not big on its sound font, the music really grew on me, and that's one of the most important parts of the series, imo. Torch Man's might be my favourite Master stage theme, even edging out Hornet Man's. Acid and Blast aren't far behind, too.

Tim is on the Internet on
    Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    LostChildNESLostChildNES Registered User regular
    Long live the blue legend and I'm not talking about papa smurf! Lol. Damn, I can remember my first time playing mega man.. this game will forever be a true classic.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular

Fuck platforming puzzles I guess.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Itll certainly change my boss order going forward.

Edit
    Apparently there's a lot of these little hacks. Thats kinda neat

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    So according to the official Mega Man 11 players's guide, which uses the second half of the book for a retrospective on the franchise, the Mega Man Legends series takes place in 80XX, which I can't recall ever being mentioned anywhere else.