As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo 3] old thread is old

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    I won't be bothering with this season with all the HotS action and new WoW expansion stuff eating up my limited free time. Hopefully I get a chance to go through my horrendous season mailbox which I'm sure has about 300 pieces of mail this time around. Good luck to all you crazy season grinders.

I'm hoping I can find the time in January to do the anniversary event thing since I've missed it the last two years.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Apparently the season was an hour late in EU and double bounties aren't working, but a hotfix is on the way.

Hopefully it's all set for NA. I'm considering doing acts 1 & 3 pre-70, then 2,4, & 5 on torment... in theory, double caches means we should only need 3 acts to get the 5 JC recipes for Chapter 4, and doing it this way would mean I could make 3 of each Sage's piece but end up with an equal number of bounty materials. #OCD

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    So, going through my stuff today...

d3_weird.png

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Guessing it's the 96-197 damage and you maybe not having a weapon equipped?

Oh right, probably because I didn't have a weapon equipped.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Oh right, probably because I didn't have a weapon equipped.

That would mean there is something else in your character that causes damage since it isn't an infinite damage increase. I'm guessing bad breath?

steam_sig.png
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    T minus??? 40 min? ish

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Klatu wrote: »
    T minus??? 40 min? ish

Indeed

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

Thanks, was just working out time difference :D

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Thanks, was just working out time difference :D

https://d3resource.com/journey/

this page shows the countdown by region, and gives a handy punch list for the journey

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to come back for this season to get hyped for the switch version. It's been awhile though. No idea what character I should roll.

Steam: offday
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    And right on queue I have a power outage.

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Al_wat wrote: »

Apparently they pushed it back by an hour.

EDIT Correction, they were only slightly late, someone said that twitter was saying they'd be late by up to an hour.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »

I'll just leave this here...

https://youtu.be/X3aml8qcNsk

steam_sig.png
    aywx8lf7p11h.jpg

Good season guys, see ya next time...

HexDex and Klatu can attest to the absurd luck involved. I got Halo of Karini, Etched Sigil, and Nilfur's Boast while leveling. Mantle of Channeling and Ashnagarr's as soon as I hit 70, and the Meteor staff on my second upgrade.

And I already have a Triumvirate so I should be able to do some powerlevels tomorrow.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Must be because of my post!
    forty wrote: »
    Good luck to all you crazy season grinders.

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Thanks for the PL last night @Klatu

Rolled barb cause I wanted to WW all the things.

edited September 2018
    Thanks to Hex, I'm already halfway through Chapter 3. I just need to do bounties in 4 zones and kill 2 bosses on Master. This went much better than last season where I started so late.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    Got my set. Need to stop for today before I go crosseyed. Now it's just a matter of Infernal Bosses, and rifts for keys for GR's. I -barely- got the GR 20 solo run done with 4 pieces though. I need runs for Legendaries to fill out my slots too. It at least looks possible that I can complete all the tiers this time since I was just one short of all of them last season and I started so late.

camo_sig.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Monk has been my favorite looking set each now twice in a row, I may end up just playing through to earn it on another one. Otherwise I'm up in the air.

and yes, being as I have no specific goal and just wanna smash dudes, I pick based on the seasonal reward set's look. well, that is when I don't just play a witch doctor. which, as it happens, is my second favorite looking set this season, so I'm probably either doubling up on my monk or ... quadrupling on the witch doc. hrm.

edit - alright demon hunter isn't bad at all

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Man Wizards getting Tal Rashas is super nice. Got my 6 piece of it and 2 pieces of Firebird and Wand of Woh and some speed boost stuff and I’m rocking already.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    Now that I have the full set, and I cubed the belt that reduces the cost of frost ray, disintegrate and arcane torrent, what level of Torment should I be able to handle now? I haven't had a chance to try the 6 piece bonus. 4 piece I was able to tank stuff on T4 but my damage was super low.

camo_sig.png
    Today I can thank Noggin for leading us on Rift runs this afternoon and getting Me most of what I need for my Meteor build. I was able to Master my Set Dungeon and it looks like I'm good up to Torment 8 (Torment 10 is too high for me). I just need to grind out a Gem to 25 and pick up more Gems. Then I just need vault runs to get my gold back up just in case I need to empower rifts later on. A great start compared to last time overall.

camo_sig.png
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'm going to play some more tonight to really get started on the season. Hopefully I can piggyback on someone. :)

@Noggin Hey. were you using Taeguk in your Ammy before you got your Deathwish and Etched Sigil? I took a screenshot of your setup earlier today to make sure I could get mine to match, but I can't tell the jewel in the socket.

camo_sig.png
    edited September 2018
    In my frozen orb setup? Haha I had Taeguk in there only because I hadn’t got around to switching in something else. It was 100% useless in that build, but is definitely used in the etched sigil build

If you’re trying to setup frozen orb, I think I had trapped powerful and zei’s

Noggin on
    Noggin wrote: »
    In my frozen orb setup? Haha I had Taeguk in there only because I hadn’t got around to switching in something else. It was 100% useless in that build, but is definitely used in the etched sigil build

If you’re trying to setup frozen orb, I think I had trapped powerful and zei’s

I don't think I have Zei's yet.

camo_sig.png
    Has anyone else noticed the game getting progressively ... less responsive over the last season or two? Granted a lot of my play time this season so far has been at 300+ms due to playing with PA people (I'm used to it :D ), but when I'm soloing it still isn't as responsive as it should be. Feels like I'm playing at 15fps sometimes.

edited September 2018
    Has anyone else noticed the game getting progressively ... less responsive over the last season or two? Granted a lot of my play time this season so far has been at 300+ms due to playing with PA people (I'm used to it :D ), but when I'm soloing it still isn't as responsive as it should be. Feels like I'm playing at 15fps sometimes.

Depending on how many zones you jump to and how much RAM you have, it could be that RAM is filling up because there is some sort of problem where it doesn't give you RAM back if you leave a zone or if it's something like the vault that you can't get back into after the timer. If I play long enough I get a low memory warning with 16 GB and a tiny pagefile. I think if i leave the game it gives back the ram though once I load a new world. That could be your slowdown?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I'm... playing another witch doctor. woops.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Guardian get... thanks to so, so much luck

And Etched Sigil Meteor is just too good, and too fun

Lost in the new season start hype. Netflix animated series

Lost in the new season start hype. Netflix animated series

If you actually read this forum you would have seen me mention this earlier.

But you ignore me.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Yeah, but that's when we were all hoping it would be animated and not real life. Well this link I put up says it's animated and gives more details than the vague Netflix will do something you mentioned pages ago :P I even commented on it back then. So I sometimes read your stuff. Not that this link says anything more than "it'll be animated" but meh.

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Firstly, thanks for the PL help from various people this weekend (including Noggin and Setzler, along with others I'm forgetting). Secondly, holy shit is UE multishot OP, I'm running without the bow to even complete the dang thing and I'm already soloing t11 GR with ease. So much death and destruction!

96058.png?1619393207
    Yeah, but that's when we were all hoping it would be animated and not real life. Well this link I put up says it's animated and gives more details than the vague Netflix will do something you mentioned pages ago :P I even commented on it back then. So I sometimes read your stuff. Not that this link says anything more than "it'll be animated" but meh.

For those of you who don't know. Klatu and I joke like this normally. Not something anybody should worry about. Sorry to involve you in an inside joke.

But on topic, I'm hoping this will be pretty good. Maybe take the story of Diablo and make a cartoon about it from the beginning. Then lead up to a Diablo 4 announcement day.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Make an Inspector Gadget inspired Cartoon

The Hero as Inspector Gadget
    Azmodan as Dr. Claw
    Cain as Penny
    A skeleton mage as Brain

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Thanks Betsuni for the help last night!

I also lucked out and got Yang's and the multishot quiver on my second upgrade attempts.

oh h*ck
  • E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Plinked through the 70 g-rift. Trying to get in the habit of hitting the generator to proc wraps of clarity so I don't get gibbed by random stuff. =P

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    Plinked through the 70 g-rift. Trying to get in the habit of hitting the generator to proc wraps of clarity so I don't get gibbed by random stuff. =P

Yeah I sometimes have too much fun vaulting and multishotting everything and forget to.

96058.png?1619393207