As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Even Sicker Tat, Brah

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Thanks for all the kind words. I really don’t think I could be happier with the work I’ve gotten done so far

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hiiiii

Dp487A4l.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Terrible of my face but I was mid-turn and mid-talk and also shut up

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    That is rad!

• Options
    mpgoompgoo Registered User regular
    hello tattoo thread! I've lurked on this board for a while because i like cool tattoos, now I'm sharing mine!

rYjIfhat.jpg
    IPrRAqXt.jpg
    yBxonSst.jpg
    CgWcz2wt.jpg

Now we can start on the background!

• Options
    hmmm
    CgWcz2wm.jpg
    yBxonSsm.jpg
    IPrRAqXm.jpg
    rYjIfham.jpg
    thats better

• Options
    edited June 2018
    is that a full tarot deck? Or, what cards is it?

It's wicked good

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    I came up with list of games, music & stuff that I liked and she came up with custom tarot cards

thanks, i'm loving it

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That is a very cool idea.

• Options
    That's so cool! Can you walk us through any of them?

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    IPrRAqXl.jpg

Top to bottom
    Diablo 1-3
    Pool
    Mindless self indulgence
    Static X
    Poe

• Options
    yBxonSsl.jpg

Super Mario Bros
    Craft beer
    Civilization
    System of a down

• Options
    rYjIfhal.jpg

Hanging out with friends
    nine inch nails
    vodka
    horizon zero dawn

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Got some more work done. I saw this doodle a while ago and thought it was so neat. I reached out to the artist for permission to get it tattood on my foot and she was thrilled at the idea.

It’s super fresh, so the bandage is still on and there’s some discoloration on my foot from the ink, but it still looks pretty great.
    ikf6o4vl2y2u.jpeg
    g2v2i2petqk3.jpeg

mosssnack on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Haha that is fucking awesome. How did it feel getting all that work done on the top of the foot?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Top of the foot just straight up fuckin’ hurt. I probably won’t get another foot tattoo

• Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    just got this done

Rw5za7D.jpg

it's a french pattern cross peen blacksmithing hammer, drawn by the incomparable @DildoOfCarthage and i am pleased as fuck with it

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    I finally had a couple of sessions to add the background and now my arm hurts.
    QDYvM4vl.jpg
    PeW1I1bl.jpg
    Axd0Ptxl.jpg

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    So regardless what other weirdness is happening in my life

Today I (FINALLY) have a consult with Arlin Ffrench and I may jump out of my skin eeeeeeee

In theory we’re going to be adding some weird sealife to my arm, to compliment this:
    dvkvuyw8bknf.jpeg

Wish me luck folks!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Hands up who just got an impulse tattoo at the tattoo expo!

Ab2thHD.jpg

• Options
    It's so CUTE!

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I know right? It has a squiggly nose!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Ha ha that's cool as fuck!

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    holy shit that rocks so hard

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I have had a tattoo idea ever since my son was born and I really want it but can't justify the money :sad:
    A version of this moment from My Neighbor Totoro only with a little boy.
    original.gif

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I get very serious tattoos.

mlxbSgzl.jpg

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    #pipe wrote: »
    I have had a tattoo idea ever since my son was born and I really want it but can't justify the money :sad:
    original.gif

Yeah, I'd imagine animated tattoos are a real pricey expenditure.

see317 on
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    original.gif

Yeah, I'd imagine animated tattoos are a real pricey expenditure.

Awww, now I'm sad I don't live in the future again :(

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I have an idea for a nerdy tattoo I want but I dunno how to go about it. I'd like an image of the thresher maw vs reaper from mass effect 3. Trouble is there aren't really any good reference pics, all screenshots of the scene are too dark or crop out big parts of the image. So I kind of want it designed by someone who has played the games and knows well what both things should look like. But finding a tattooist whose work I like and who is also a mass effect fan would probably be challenging.

Thinking of maybe commissioning an artist to design the pic and then finding a tattooist to do it but I dunno, do tattoo artists really like being asked to ink someone else's work? I feel like they wouldn't.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I just looked it up on youtube, I think if you found someone whose style you liked you could send them enough screenshots to make it work.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I really want some sort of archery tattoo, maybe a few arrows?

Long term, I would love an arm sleeve of a hundred or so arrows

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I have an idea for a nerdy tattoo I want but I dunno how to go about it. I'd like an image of the thresher maw vs reaper from mass effect 3. Trouble is there aren't really any good reference pics, all screenshots of the scene are too dark or crop out big parts of the image. So I kind of want it designed by someone who has played the games and knows well what both things should look like. But finding a tattooist whose work I like and who is also a mass effect fan would probably be challenging.

Thinking of maybe commissioning an artist to design the pic and then finding a tattooist to do it but I dunno, do tattoo artists really like being asked to ink someone else's work? I feel like they wouldn't.

A good artist will put on you whatever you want. Anyone who questions or complains is not someone you want tattooing you. As far as the commission that is a great idea. Find someone with a style you like, preferably who has played the game and see if they can make you something. If they are popular there will probably be a wait, and be prepared to pay a good amount for it, but since it will last a lifetime it comes out to pretty cheap.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    furlion wrote: »

A good artist will put on you whatever you want. Anyone who questions or complains is not someone you want tattooing you. As far as the commission that is a great idea. Find someone with a style you like, preferably who has played the game and see if they can make you something. If they are popular there will probably be a wait, and be prepared to pay a good amount for it, but since it will last a lifetime it comes out to pretty cheap.

Plus heaps of artists play video games, and video game tattoos are super common. I've met dozens of people with video game tattoos so I don't think mass effect is like too out there.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Perhaps you could find a youtube video of it and send that over as reference?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Hi tattoo thread.

I think I finally had an idea for a tattoo that I would actually like on me for forever.

Now I'm shopping around for artists who might be able to do something in the style I want.

I guess I should share my idea first, I basically want a skeletal hand on my left shoulder as if it were resting there, with a floral/wind sweeping flourish around and or behind it. Also want to work in a line from one of my favorite songs( which given I want it done in dark/winter pastel colors in similar style to john dyer baizley (google him to get an idea of his art style) but a little less busy/cluttered than his album covers...) it shouldn't be surprising it's a baroness song... Probably on a banner bordering the wrist of the hand?

Anywho, the two main studios I'm looking at that have easy to browse portfolios are
    https://www.iatattoo.com/ Which has several very good artists who I think can get what I want done fairly handily

Or http://tattootoledo.com/ Which seems to have nothing but fantastic artists.

Any of these artists you'd lean towards?

Should I maybe to go into infinite art sometime since they have good hours and I know exactly how to get there to ask a little and maybe look at some more portfolio stuff?

Also I'm thinking of saving like ~350 bucks to start it? That seem reasonable? I can probably have that together before winter ends next year.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    from browsing their portfolios, there are several artists at Infinite Art who look like they'd handle the style you're describing (macabre, pen&ink, watercolor, lithographic, Mucha-esque) -- Monk, 540, & Mike particularly.

for Studio 13, Kyle Kozek seems well-suited.

there is hot debate on aftercare --everybody has their preferred method-- so i like Infinite Art's blurb on "listen to your artist" more than Studio 13's posted "this or that option," but i'm also side-eyeing the latter's aftercare: antibacterial soap, A&D ointment...
    (1. if you're gonna wet heal, i think sealing a tattoo with tegaderm etc after it's had a chance to purge plasma & any bacteria is an easier, safe route than messing with plastic wrap for three days. 2. i'm opposed to the overuse of antibac products when simple manual cleaning is effective in most circumstances, and they tend to be harsh & drying when not an allergen. 3. A&D ointment has lanolin {potential allergen}, and petrolatum {derived from petroleum --more of an environmental than safety concern-- which can leach ink.} )

i'm not very knowledgeable, but $350 seems like it might be about right for what you're wanting, (small/medium size, like 6-9"?) depending on how complicated you want your colorwork and detailing. i'd definitely talk to the artist(s), 'cause you can always state your budget, and they can either make a design with that in mind, or refer you to someone who will.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    those are all awesome, but man that samurai wolf is fucking sick as hell

• Options
    edited November 2018
    This is not the right thread

Blake T on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    This is not the right thread

But it's too late, I've seen everything

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I’ve been looking at the surgical scar from my ankle surgery and have been debating if I want to get a tattoo that incorporates it in some way.

Part of me feels like if my body is going to be permanently marked, it may as well be permanently marked on my terms. Haven’t looked too much into it yet but, beginning some brain storming.