As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Press B to tip your hat to [Red Dead Redemption II]

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Instead of spurs why not put some fun bells on your boots

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Ah, I remember my first horse in Red Dead.

I believe I accidentally shot him in the head while riding.

And the next three, Cougar Breakfast, Cougar Lunch and Cougar Dinner. Named posthumously.

And then there was Snowball. Snowball was never quite the same after watching a bandit ride his horse right in front of a moving train. And then I accidentally shot him in the head as well.

Yeah, having spurs probably aren't going right to the top of the list when Cowboy PETA comes for me.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I lost a horse this morning to not being careful on a cliff, the next 3 were killed by bears due to me trying to knife the bear to death.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    most spurs aren't sharp! in fact a lot of spurs, even in the period, were just rattly wheels of round-edged brass or maybe steel, and you'd nudge the horse with them and if they were trained right you could even do special movements with your ankles and spurs that the horse would specifically respond to!

only huge dickholes use sharpened spurs

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Mexico goes on a bit too long, and everyone you meet down there is awful, and by the end I was so tired and done with all of their problems
    Which, I suppose, was the intended effect

This is all very true and bugged me too - even if it was meant to be intentional - but what really sticks in my craw about Mexico is how criminally underused about, like, 80% of the beautiful landscape is. You spend a ton of it in that one town and on/around the train line and almost none of it in the beautiful reacreation of Monument Valley or the old mission in the middle of the map or the fort off to the east.

This is a consistent problem of mine with a lot of Rockstar games. You get to know your starting environs (Grove Street, Broker, etc) extremely well, to the point where you have interesting memories/associations with all the landmarks ("there's Big Smoke's house," "look, it's Roman's cab stand," "here's the meadow where I drove all those cattle") and then the story just fuckin' zooms you through the other 3/4 of the landscape and often the story seems to set missions in the least interesting corners of the map.

Like in RDR, that seedy Mos Eisley-vibing swamp town between Mexico and New Austin only plays host to a couple of bounties and random missions and is totally unused otherwise. Or that awesome shoreside resort town in the upper left of the GTAV map. I keep wishing the story took me to those places and told me about them and instead I'm in another shitty parking garage somewhere.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Mexico goes on a bit too long, and everyone you meet down there is awful, and by the end I was so tired and done with all of their problems

This is all very true and bugged me too - even if it was meant to be intentional - but what really sticks in my craw about Mexico is how criminally underused about, like, 80% of the beautiful landscape is. You spend a ton of it in that one town and on/around the train line and almost none of it in the beautiful reacreation of Monument Valley or the old mission in the middle of the map or the fort off to the east.

This is a consistent problem of mine with a lot of Rockstar games. You get to know your starting environs (Grove Street, Broker, etc) extremely well, to the point where you have interesting memories/associations with all the landmarks ("there's Big Smoke's house," "look, it's Roman's cab stand," "here's the meadow where I drove all those cattle") and then the story just fuckin' zooms you through the other 3/4 of the landscape and often the story seems to set missions in the least interesting corners of the map.

Like in RDR, that seedy Mos Eisley-vibing swamp town between Mexico and New Austin only plays host to a couple of bounties and random missions and is totally unused otherwise. Or that awesome shoreside resort town in the upper left of the GTAV map. I keep wishing the story took me to those places and told me about them and instead I'm in another shitty parking garage somewhere.

Rockstar has sort of solved this problem with GTA Online, which does make greater use of the entire map. The problem is, I played and had fun with GTA Online for a couple hours, but I have no desire to go back. The same will most likely be true of RDR's online mode.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

I feel the need to impart the cursed knowledge I have, that some people refer to wearing your jeans tucked into your boots as "goatfucking."

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

All games suffer from this to an extent. The division actually kind of "solved" this a little bit when they put in their survival mode which is like a BG pve hybrid, by forcing players to scrounge and starting randomly on the map you literally find things and areas you never went in during normal play.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for sharing

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Not even shitkickers tuck their jeans

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Goddamn that is a lot

The largest game on my PS4 is like half that size

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Fuck

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Hopefully there will be a preload

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    This game and HellAssCreed are going to necessitate another hard drive purge

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Nah, just buy a 2TB SSD for your console, no worries!

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Sure, let me just pop out to my money tree and trim a branch or two :P

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    An sshd would be a more cost effective option with similar benefits

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I wonder if that install size is for everyone.

Some of it might be the 4k texture pack.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    It's all uncompressed video MGS4 style

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Wifey told me to go ahead and preorder the SE of this. Don't need to tell me twice, dear.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Yeah, this is probably going to be the first game I buy day 1 in a very long time. I might even pre-order and I've never pre-ordered a game before. I have major issues with some elements in Rockstar Games but I just love being in the worlds they create too much.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I'm hoping there will be an Xbox1 bundle for this and if so I'll probably bite the bullet.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Christ on a fucking crutch, 100 gig install can lick my nuts.

Just let me put the fucking disc in my fucking thing and play the damn game.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Nope it's the future so everything is more convenient

• Options
    What's a hundred gigs look like in discs, like five or what

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The import they've placed on building a relationship with your horse, not even joking here, legitimately has me worried

Because I can't count how many horses of mine in RDR1 went careening off cliffs

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Triple layer discs can hold 100gb, but most are only 50 in a dual layer configuration. I for one welcome a return to the days when games came on 6 or more floppies

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Like, Im gonna have to uninstall 90% of my games to play this bullshit, and if I want to play my other games Ill have to uninstall and redownload and THIS ENTIRE SYSTEM CAN LICK MY NUTS

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Looks like it's time to toss my 2tb hdd back into my PS4 (It's still sitting in a drawer from when I sold my old PS4 to get my Pro)

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So is it shipping on multiple discs or downloading additional material for the install?

• Options
    So is it shipping on multiple discs or downloading additional material for the install?

I'm expecting a big fat download

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

I'm expecting a big fat download

I hope not. Ill have to pack my console up and take it to a friend's house with fiber.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I would do things for this game.

100 gig downloads will not stand in my way. It will not even slow me down.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I would do things for this game.

100 gig downloads will not stand in my way. It will not even slow me down.

Knowing the state of PSN and how popular this game will be...

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna buy it in a store because I'm a cowboy baybee

• Options
    Buying physical media at a brick and mortar store in order to tie the entire experience thematically to a game about the end of an era

• Options
    Finished my RDR replaythrough, man that ending is so ballsy considering the usual character arc in like a modern story. Just the time they spend letting the story breathe.

I'm really wondering where they'll take RDR 2's story I super hope they don't try and redo the first game, we had that style of story I don't really want to replay it with new characters.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I really need something to hold me over until this game comes out.

I was thinking I would go with new Fist of the North Star game, but I think I need a break from the open world genre.

Any suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.