As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fahrenheit 11/9

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
Yes, Michael Moore's at it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRQv9xMQ3E0

Love him or hate him, the film's out now, and I just saw it, so I think it warrants discussion.

Talking points included, not being limited to:

-The failings of the Democratic party, namely in trying to be too moderate and compromising
-The new wave of progressive candidates and grassroots movements
-How Gwen Stefani is indirectly responsible for Trump's election (:lol:)
-Bernie Sanders being shafted by the DNC, such as winning every district in WV and yet still not being nominated by its rep
-The Flint Water crisis

etc.

By and large I think it's a very compelling film, and hopefully inspires more people to get involved.

wVEsyIc.png

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2018
    Hey guys. Your friendly neighbourhood moderator here. Looking at that topic list it sure seems like some people here will definitely absolutely no question take the opportunity to turn this into a general political thread ranting about every topic under the sun and saying hmm it should be allowed because the film's remit is so broad. This is not a thread to relitigate the 2016 election, to present your own theories about what the Dems should do in 2020 or to otherwise just open the floodgates of rage and perform beat poetry.

So, to avoid this, please make sure you're talking about the film.

• Do you find the film's arguments on topic X convincing?
    • Do you think it's wrong about topic X?
    • etc

Anyone just going off on one about any of the topics above and not linking it to what's in the film will be kicked from the thread or something similar.

Bogart on