As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Shame Hole

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Shame Hole

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Gabe knows the word "whilst" (and can use it in a sentence)? Huh. Tycho must finally be making a dent in his savage vocabulary.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    It's easy to use it in a sentence. I do it all the time. In fact, I just now did it four times.

• Options
    SonzaisuruSonzaisuru Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, Aeofel had issues with that too...

I wonder if Jerry sent a copy to Wil before publishing? That would be hilarious.

Sonzaisuru on
  • Options
    MenasorMenasor Registered User regular
    Tycho's warlock is wearing the Reverie Dawn set.

The fact that I can recognize that is a compliment on the details of the comic. Also... I guess I've been playing a lot of D2 these days, haha.

Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • Options
    Hawk oneHawk one Registered User regular
    Today's punchline is basically a way of saying "lol git gud, n00b!"

But signatures don't really work, do they?
  • Options
    bsctgodbsctgod Registered User regular
    This was actually Tycho's fault here. They both jumped for that platform and Tycho bumped him so he came up short on the jump.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    bsctgod wrote: »
    This was actually Tycho's fault here. They both jumped for that platform and Tycho bumped him so he came up short on the jump.

Well from the jump Gabe is probably a hunter, which again is a problem for any jumping puzzle in destiny.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Well from the jump Gabe is probably a hunter, which again is a problem for any jumping puzzle in destiny.

I will never understand this popular opinion as the hunter jump is the only one that was at all intuitive to me. Like that one transfer in the floating barges puzzle in the King's Fall raid was the only one that consistently gave me trouble because it was at the absolute max height.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I will never understand this popular opinion as the hunter jump is the only one that was at all intuitive to me. Like that one transfer in the floating barges puzzle in the King's Fall raid was the only one that consistently gave me trouble because it was at the absolute max height.

Warlock and Titan jump had more of a "woops fucked that up let me try again" but hunter was "welp time to respawn" this was more true of d1 than d2.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Warlock is the most punishing jump in the game. With a titan you can level out a fall, with a hunter you can be falling at speed and then double jump and actually gain height. With a warlock you can just continue to fall down at an imperceptibly shallower angle. The former two have some room for recover, but with a warlock jump you either get the jump right the first time or you don't get it at all.

cB557 on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    In his defense, he probably stuck the landing but the invisible ball that is Destiny jumping physics rolled him off.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    bsctgodbsctgod Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

Yup, I remember it well. I always switched to the Bones of Eao just for this jumping puzzle.

bsctgod on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Warlock is the most punishing jump in the game. With a titan you can level out a fall, with a hunter you can be falling as speed and then double jump and actually gain height. With a warlock you can just continue to fall down at an imperceptibly shallower angle. The former two have some room for recover, but with a warlock jump you either get the jump right the first time or you don't get it at all.

My god the sad warlocks inexorably drifting to their deaths crack me up every time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    This made me remember this one clip @Dyvim Tvar took of me.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I know what clip that is despite it not loading for me and not bothering to discover the context it's being posted in.
    Never forget that fluffed jump on Vertigo.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    cB557 wrote: »
    Warlock is the most punishing jump in the game. With a titan you can level out a fall, with a hunter you can be falling at speed and then double jump and actually gain height. With a warlock you can just continue to fall down at an imperceptibly shallower angle. The former two have some room for recover, but with a warlock jump you either get the jump right the first time or you don't get it at all.

One disagreement here. Warlock is the most punishing for jumping, Titan is the most punishing for breaking your fall. Hunter instantly stops the force of gravity like it's nothing. Warlock similarly will break your falling speed almost instantly if you feather the glide button before hitting the ground. Titan needs to actually slow your momentum, which means you're eating shit if you waited too long to activate your jetpack.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    supremepanda5supremepanda5 Registered User new member
    If this is the map set in the Tangled Shore, I despise it as well, mainly due to all the pits that I "conveniently" fall into when I use Hunter dodge. Same thing with the Drill on the Nessus map.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    After losing 15 motes due to an unfortunately timed knock-back right into a pit of death, I'm in agreement with Gabe.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    people're still playing Destiny?

more liek DEADtiny amirite?

jwalk on