As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

FremFrem Registered User regular
edited December 2019 in Games and Technology
fcb6z6b9p3pl.jpg

Welcome to Dragalia Lost! DL is Nintendo's first original mobile IP. It's a free-to-play action game with co-op multiplayer. Hack and slash gameplay, dungeon crawls, and transforming into dragons. Woo! It was made in cooperation with Cygames, the developers of Granblue Fantasy, a gacha of some renown.

The game has released in the United States, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau. Err. Sorry everyone else!
Download: App Store | Googe Play

Frem on

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    This is available for download now (on iOS at least), though all you get is the opening song and a message saying servers come up tomorrow morning

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I am looking forward to giving this a go. From what I have seen of it it looks like it is actually trying to raise the bar a bit on what mobile games can be. If true I'll be more than happy to support it.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    About a month ago or so, the iOS app store ran one of their little front-page ads for this game. I saw it, and the name Nintendo caught my eye.

I was like "bwaahh?!" because I somehow missed their announcement on this during the Nintendo Direct. So the first I heard of this was directly in the app store. It looked neat, they had a cool video for it and a synopsis, and so I "preordered" it which seems weird since it's a free to play download game.

But anyway, they delivered the download automatically to my phone last night since I had it preordered. And yeah, logged in to see that it isn't actually available yet. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow!

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I’ll be giving it a shot.

It will break up the Diablo 3 grind nicely.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    So my screen says will start 0300 on the 27th, and I’m US Eastern Time, I wanna know does everyone’s say that and if not, 0300 where?

I am reading that yes that is local time

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Yeah I'm EST and it is 0300 on my screen too.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh wait this isn't an RPG like granblue? does it have gatcha elements?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    oh wait this isn't an RPG like granblue? does it have gatcha elements?

It's action RPG with gatcha.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    I for one look forward to lunching with gachas tomorrow.

• Options
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    This is available for download now (on iOS at least), though all you get is the opening song and a message saying servers come up tomorrow morning

Download is up for Android too now, same screen.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Appears to be online now. I'm downloading the 1.25GB content.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    This thing is weaponised adorable.

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    I... do not like the way this controls. Let's see if I can explain.

Say I'm going in a northeast-ish direction. Tap the screen, pull in that direction. But now I want to go straight north. When I move my finger back a little, it basically changes my center point (where I originally tapped) and all of a sudden I'm headed southwest.

Feels weird to me.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    It's always a challenge to decide whether to reoll. I got a 5* dragon in my first 10 pull, Poseidon, so I feel like I should be happy with that.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Here's my friend code - 67493336001

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Super annoyed its not available in Canada

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    It's always a challenge to decide whether to reoll. I got a 5* dragon in my first 10 pull, Poseidon, so I feel like I should be happy with that.

I’m deffo going until I get a 5* - none in first 20, let the rerolling begin~

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I’m deffo going until I get a 5* - none in first 20, let the rerolling begin~

Till a 5* character only, or any five? Can't decide if a five dragon is less valuable.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    It took one reroll to get ezelith so character is where I’m stopping~

Though it would have depended on how my rolls went, the longer it took for me to hit one, the more likely I’d just take whatever

Since you can upgrade stars I’m not entirely sure if it even matters in the long or short run

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Guess I was lucky. Mikoto 5* character and Jeanne D'arc 5* dragon both on the first draw. No need to do the reroll rigamarole.

a nu start on
    Number One Tricky
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I don't have the time to keep rerolling so I'll stick with my bad starter unit. I hate starting these games with "min/max" in mind because it sucks the fun out of it already and turns it into a job.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    How do we know what's worth rerolling for? The game is like 6 hours old.

• Options
    My code’s 97371851397

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Rarity, mainly.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Rarity, mainly.

And which character looks cool.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    My first tenfold pull got me the 5* fire dagger lady. My second got me a dupe of her, so that's a lot of dew I got, still unclear what the dew is for. I'm sure the game will tell me, I'm still in the tutorial type area.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    First run gave me a lot of nothing, gonna probably go until I get a 5* that's not a plate and call it a game. Seems real fun so far.

Edit: I also can't get over how a) catchy the menu song is and b) how cute it is that all the sprites sway in time with the beat of that song.

Edit Edit: 1st Reroll got Jeanne D.Arc, Phoenix, Juggernaut and Lindworm. That's a 5 and 3 4 star Dragons, those are supposed to be the hard (and thus probably better) things to summon right? Think I'll keep this roll.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    My plan was just to reroll until I got at least a 5 star. Nothing on my first run, but on my second try I got Julietta, Hildegarde, and the dragon Agni. That's good enough for me.

Now I'm just clicking everything on the screens to try and learn my way around. This game is waaaaay cute!

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    I don't have the time to keep rerolling so I'll stick with my bad starter unit. I hate starting these games with "min/max" in mind because it sucks the fun out of it already and turns it into a job.

I gotta say my roll luck has been crap. Lots of five stars, but almost every one has been ability cards. At the very least, it convinces me that I'll never spend money on the game for random pulls.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

I gotta say my roll luck has been crap. Lots of five stars, but almost every one has been ability cards. At the very least, it convinces me that I'll never spend money on the game for random pulls.

Ya know, 5*ability cards might be a good investment for the future. As newer and newer units get released and powercreep becomes an issue, those ability cards can be transferred to the new hotness units and make them even better. Same goes for Dragons, so I'd probably say priority in 5*s goes Dragons -> Weapons = Ability cards -> Units.

I could be completely wrong, however. It's fun having a new game where there isn't a Japanese version we can look to to see what's coming.

Cruor on
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    My only 5* so far is Ezelith, whose design I’m not crazy about. Also pulled three 4* Juggernaut dragons.

I dunno. This seems okay, I guess? I don’t feel like playing through the intro repeatedly. The default followers everyone gets; they’re generally pretty okayish in Fire Emblem Heroes. Hopefully that design philosophy continues here.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I've rerolled a couple times. First time I got Ezelith and a 5* print, second time I got Jeanne and a different print. Rerolling doesn't seem to take too much time so I may as well do it a bit more.

• Options
    Is there a way to reroll without reinstalling? Because that first data download...

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Not on IOS.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Hope I get some 5 star waifus on the first go then

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Will have to see if I can do something on Android when I get home then. It takes longer for that download than to get to the pulls (at least for me)

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Decided might as well poke it a bit, but it's not actually out around here, seems like. Ah well.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Got a 5* character on my first pull. Not like I was going to reroll, but cool.

This discussion has been closed.