As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    I've rerolled a couple times. First time I got Ezelith and a 5* print, second time I got Jeanne and a different print. Rerolling doesn't seem to take too much time so I may as well do it a bit more.
    Renzo wrote: »
    Got a 5* character on my first pull. Not like I was going to reroll, but cool.

Mrgrgr...

Happy for you, but three rerolls this morning got me, at best, the 5* healing plate.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I rerolled into Nefaria but oh no I don't think I like playing with bow units. I'll mess with it some more when I get home, hopefully it clicks cause I like her design the most.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    I don't have the time to keep rerolling so I'll stick with my bad starter unit. I hate starting these games with "min/max" in mind because it sucks the fun out of it already and turns it into a job.

I gotta say my roll luck has been crap. Lots of five stars, but almost every one has been ability cards. At the very least, it convinces me that I'll never spend money on the game for random pulls.

Ya know, 5*ability cards might be a good investment for the future. As newer and newer units get released and powercreep becomes an issue, those ability cards can be transferred to the new hotness units and make them even better. Same goes for Dragons, so I'd probably say priority in 5*s goes Dragons -> Weapons = Ability cards -> Units.

I could be completely wrong, however. It's fun having a new game where there isn't a Japanese version we can look to to see what's coming.

Oh sure. But I want a cool looking character to play with. I don't care about tier lists, just a 5* I can roll with in my party.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    When does multiplayer unlock? Was hoping I’d be able to do it at lunch but I didn’t end up getting out of the first chapter.

Also, how crazy an amount of effort is it to upgrade a 4* character to 5*, does anyone know?

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Kind of regretting not keeping that Jeanne account now.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i rerolled until i got a 5*, because this is not my first rodeo.
    3 tries, third try was ezelith + healing plate. that'll do, i guess.

i'm kind of terrified that their baseline price for a 10-draw is $30.
    the specials are much better, but still... still. that's way too much, with these rates.
    i hope their f2p currency is super generous.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    I rerolled into Nefaria but oh no I don't think I like playing with bow units. I'll mess with it some more when I get home, hopefully it clicks cause I like her design the most.

You can always just bring her along and pilot someone else

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Got Elzith and Jeanne d'Arc. Here I go finally!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
  • Options
    Got Jeanne back. It's worse than the first time I rolled her, but I'm tired of rerolling at this point so I'm going forward with just the dragon.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The discourse around this game raising a bar that people just never noticed has already been up that high for like literally years now is actually causing me physical pain.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Where exactly in the game flow do you do rerolls at? I was going to play last night before bed but the gig download put a stop to that. Can I roll as soon as I pick it up after that download is done or is there a bunch of other crap you need to do first?

Also, does this have daily quests and if so, when is the daily reset?

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    The discourse around this game raising a bar that people just never noticed has already been up that high for like literally years now is actually causing me physical pain.

Apart from Alchemist Code, which came a little under a year ago, I'm hard pressed to think of a mobile game with actual gameplay. I mean as much as I enjoy FFRK or Granblue, there's not a lot really going on in em.

Unless your talking ports of actual games to mobile, which yeah I suppose they are great mobile games, but kind of cheating in a way. :razz:

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    Not sure about bar raising, but I think what might be making a difference for me is getting in on the ground floor.

All the other gacha games I have tried I got to a year or so after release. Made it hard to keep up on the 25 different banners and 10 item shops and the 15 different currencies and tier lists and on and on. It is kind of like first playing an MMO that has been out for 5 years and being completely lost.

Starting at release makes it feel much better.

• Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Opty wrote: »
    Where exactly in the game flow do you do rerolls at? I was going to play last night before bed but the gig download put a stop to that. Can I roll as soon as I pick it up after that download is done or is there a bunch of other crap you need to do first?

Here is the reroll guide I used from Reddit.
    How to get an initial 21 free summons.
    Now that you've cleared you data and have downloaded it again, you'll be at the main menu.
    1. Skip account linking.
    2. Use automatic settings.
    3. Go through the prologue, pressing "SKIP" at the bottom right corner whenever possible.
    4. Collect your daily and launch celebration bonuses.
    5. You'll be prompted to do the free summon. Do that.
    6. Tutorial will now have you select "Optimize" for your team.
    7. The game will force you into the quest map.
    8. Back out of the map when you get to level select.
    9. Tap on "More" at the bottom right.
    10. Tap Friends
    11. Tap Helper Settings
    12. Set the freely summoned unit as your helper by tapping on it. There should now be a gold check mark on that unit.
    13. Press "Home" at the bottom left corner.
    14. Press the Jumpstart Endeavors button. Looks like a little paper.
    15. Go to Normal and press Accept All. This will give you 325 Wyrmite.
    16. Close the popup and close the next screen.
    17. Select Gifts at the top-right corner of the screen.
    18. Accept All gifts from Limited and No Limit sections. This will total 2800 Wyrmite.
    19. Close the screens once all are claimed. You should now have a total of 3125 Wyrmite.
    20. Go to Summon and use Tenfold Summon TWICE!
    21. Decide if you got acceptable pulls!

Gets you enough gems to do 2 of the Tenfold Summon.

Tulabelle on
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    There's been plenty of games that had "gameplay". Just most people didn't want to pay for it.

I don't know if I like this game though. Controls feel janky to me, and the auto-play is agressively stupid. Considering they have two "premium" currencies (one you can earn, the other looks like you can only buy) doesn't bode well for the gacha side, either.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »

Apart from Alchemist Code, which came a little under a year ago, I'm hard pressed to think of a mobile game with actual gameplay. I mean as much as I enjoy FFRK or Granblue, there's not a lot really going on in em.

Unless your talking ports of actual games to mobile, which yeah I suppose they are great mobile games, but kind of cheating in a way. :razz:

This style of gameplay isn't even uncommon at this point

Just immediately off the dome you've got White Cat Project (which earlier this year Nintendo decided to sue for some pretty dubious reasons I wonder whyyyyy), Honkai Impact, Star Ocean, Sword Art Online's various mobile games, Tales of Rays (RIP), like probably four hundred Zenonia games at this point, and that's just stuff I can think of right this second that have similar gameplay

Let alone other gameplay styles that I feel like "Not a lot really going on" is a huge disservice to them.

• Options
    Frem wrote: »
    When does multiplayer unlock? Was hoping I’d be able to do it at lunch but I didn’t end up getting out of the first chapter.

@Frem I just unlocked it - Ch 2 2-2

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

There are mobile games with gameplay. They just seem to rarely get any traction. Mostly cause a lot of the ones that are good aren't free, and getting people to actually pay for games in the mobile space is like pulling goddamn teeth. People will happily spend 50 euros bit by bit on microtransactions but refuse to put up 15 euros upfront for a complete game.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    another bad 20 pulls, maybe third time's the charm. I'll find out in another 2-3 hours I guess.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    5th reroll was decent. Ezelith, Maribelle, Nidhogg, Silke, and Voydyanoy.

I’ll save the other Wyrmite.

Friend code: 28289351040

• Options

Just immediately off the dome you've got White Cat Project (which earlier this year Nintendo decided to sue for some pretty dubious reasons I wonder whyyyyy), Honkai Impact, Star Ocean, Sword Art Online's various mobile games, Tales of Rays (RIP), like probably four hundred Zenonia games at this point, and that's just stuff I can think of right this second that have similar gameplay

Let alone other gameplay styles that I feel like "Not a lot really going on" is a huge disservice to them.

I want to like Star Ocean, and I have a bunch of good characters, but the camera makes the game almost unplayable.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I want to like Star Ocean, and I have a bunch of good characters, but the camera makes the game almost unplayable.

The big thing that made a difference for me was turning off skill notifications for allies

So that when you see a skill pop up you know you need to get the fuck out of the way, generally speaking

I agree that the gameplay isn't quite as tight as I'd like though, I feel like Honkai Impact is better in that respect

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I got A 5 Star Guy so I guess that's good enough
    Friend code is 4989 4087 470

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Rerolling on both my tablet and phone now

All I want is a 5* person

I've seen some 5* craft essences and dragons, but no actual characters yet

Also already seeing some Rage of Bahamut/Granblue characters in the wyrmprint arts and such

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Tulabelle wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »

Here is the reroll guide I used from Reddit.
    How to get an initial 21 free summons.
    Now that you've cleared you data and have downloaded it again, you'll be at the main menu.
    1. Skip account linking.
    2. Use automatic settings.
    3. Go through the prologue, pressing "SKIP" at the bottom right corner whenever possible.
    4. Collect your daily and launch celebration bonuses.
    5. You'll be prompted to do the free summon. Do that.
    6. Tutorial will now have you select "Optimize" for your team.
    7. The game will force you into the quest map.
    8. Back out of the map when you get to level select.
    9. Tap on "More" at the bottom right.
    10. Tap Friends
    11. Tap Helper Settings
    12. Set the freely summoned unit as your helper by tapping on it. There should now be a gold check mark on that unit.
    13. Press "Home" at the bottom left corner.
    14. Press the Jumpstart Endeavors button. Looks like a little paper.
    15. Go to Normal and press Accept All. This will give you 325 Wyrmite.
    16. Close the popup and close the next screen.
    17. Select Gifts at the top-right corner of the screen.
    18. Accept All gifts from Limited and No Limit sections. This will total 2800 Wyrmite.
    19. Close the screens once all are claimed. You should now have a total of 3125 Wyrmite.
    20. Go to Summon and use Tenfold Summon TWICE!
    21. Decide if you got acceptable pulls!

Gets you enough gems to do 2 of the Tenfold Summon.

I'm new to all this, but that seems like a pain in the ass. Is it really worth all that?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    It's virtually never "necessary"

but in F2P games, starting out via rerolling is the only time you'll be able to be picky about your draws

Over a long enough span of time you'll get other 5*s, but a lot of people like to just make sure they get one to start out just in case

• Options
    edited September 2018
    FYI, make sure to view adventurer stories once you unlock them. Free wyrmite, same as main story scenes. And from those first summons you probably have a fair few to see.

Edit: And Euden basically draws the short straw every time so far.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

There are mobile games with gameplay. They just seem to rarely get any traction. Mostly cause a lot of the ones that are good aren't free, and getting people to actually pay for games in the mobile space is like pulling goddamn teeth. People will happily spend 50 euros bit by bit on microtransactions but refuse to put up 15 euros upfront for a complete game.

You also have to consider what type of experience people are looking for when they pull out their phone to play a game. Something that requires you to sit down for a longer session with your full attention on the deep gameplay isn't a great fit for the platform. You've got the Switch for that. Phone games are all about convenience and having some quick bite-sized fun when you're bored somewhere.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Polaritie wrote: »
    FYI, make sure to view adventurer stories once you unlock them. Free wyrmite, same as main story scenes. And from those first summons you probably have a fair few to see.

Edit: And Euden basically draws the short straw every time so far.

You also get 50 wyrmite for every adventurer you encounter in coop mode up to 2k wm, so 150 a round

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Zek wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »

You also have to consider what type of experience people are looking for when they pull out their phone to play a game. Something that requires you to sit down for a longer session with your full attention on the deep gameplay isn't a great fit for the platform. You've got the Switch for that. Phone games are all about convenience and having some quick bite-sized fun when you're bored somewhere.

Not everyone owns a Switch or only plays in five minute bursts. There are long-form games that sell well on mobile; if they didn't Square-Enix and Capcom wouldn't be steadily porting their backlog of visual novels and RPGs.

Pricing is definitely a huge issue. Super Mario Run is a good example. It's probably the best game Nintendo has released on mobile, imho. It's great in short bursts, 100%ing the main mode takes a lot of time, there's mindless city building when you need a break, multiple "evergreen" modes, etc. But it's their least profitable mobile game because it just straight up costs $10.

Frem on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's kinda like Nintendo Diablo.

Although I do wonder if the IP will have legs. Feels kinda generic for Nintendo, especially with Fire Emblem Heroes filling in a similar niche, but we'll see.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Sterica wrote: »
    It's kinda like Nintendo Diablo.

Although I do wonder if the IP will have legs. Feels kinda generic for Nintendo, especially with Fire Emblem Heroes filling in a similar niche, but we'll see.

The IP is a little generic, but so far it has the strongest writing I've seen in a f2p mobile RPG. I'm used to between-mission conversations often being fluff that doesn't advance the plot. Even Fate/Grand Order is guilty of this. But midway through chapter two there hasn't really been any wasted space.

• Options
    Well, got Ezelith and Nefaria in my opening draw

Was hoping for one of the 5* Attackers, but I cannot in good conscience turn down a roll with two 5*s

• Options
    Rerolled into Ezelith and Jeanne earlier.

FC 71271079091

• Options
    Still tapping at rerolling on my tablet just because it wasn't EXACTLY what I wanted

But I'll probably end up going with this one

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Dammit, I brainlessly attached my Nintendo account before the big download, is it possible to remove it for doing rerolls or am I screwed?

• Options
    I think you're fucked, that said you could always pair a new account to a dummy Nintendo account I doubt it'll matter much

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Finally getting used to turning Nefaria around quickly so she isn't shooting into random walls as much.

This game is pretty fun, and the chibi models are quickly growing on me. I like the eternal head bob they do on the home screen.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »
    I like the eternal head bob they do on the home screen.
    It lines up with the music for that part, imo.

This discussion has been closed.