As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    that menu music is just Tom's Diner and nothing anyone can say will dissuade me

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    The movement controls wouldn't be so bad if they weren't ALSO the attack and dodge controls.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I think you're fucked, that said you could always pair a new account to a dummy Nintendo account I doubt it'll matter much
    Figured it out, you can delete all data which also unlinks your account. In the process of rerolling now, we'll see if I can reattach the same account once I'm done

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Decided to stick with my account, pulled Maribelle and Jeanne off the 5* ticket + 1500 gems pack

Too bad I don't really have any Light people to pair to Jeanne, matching dragon element seems like a big deal

Nefaria is a monster right now thanks to Juggernaut

My ID is 60349283935

Maddoc on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Rerolled four times, Stopped with Nefaria. My current team is Nef/Johanna/Amane/Althemia with a Might score of 2039. I noticed that characters can be upgraded in Star Quality, hopfully it's more like FEH than FGO.

And my Player ID is 8208 3938 684

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    I see that the first day ticked over. I'm going to sleep on whether or not I want to reroll anymore. I had no luck rolling 5* units or dragons, but I really just want some cute units. My most recent roll pulled a 5* wyrmprint titled "Levin's Champion". That looks like it boosts my crit rate by 6% when I'm above 70% HP, and additionally boosts my crit damage by +10%. I don't know anything about this game's mechanics, but I imagine that this lets something rip and tear.

3DS Friend Code:
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Well, I will say this runs a *lot* more smoothly than Alchemist's Code. But I don't know if I can deal with a second gacha. So far rerolling has only gotten me a Mikoto.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Got my rerolls done and relinked my account successfully. Got both Ezelith and Jeanne, satisfying my requirement that I'd stop once I got both a 5* character and dragon. My player ID is 4416 1297 552

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Ended up rerolling again before reset. Ezelith, Jeanne, Poseidon, and a 5* Print. Waay better than my last attempt

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I got that 5* dragon in my first pull so I kept that account. Since I've been able to do 4x10 summons, and haven't gotten any 5's out of it. Interesting drop rates.

What is this I don't even.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I got that 5* dragon in my first pull so I kept that account. Since I've been able to do 4x10 summons, and haven't gotten any 5's out of it. Interesting drop rates.

Just bad luck, sadly. Right now your 5* rate ought to be at 6% though.

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    Huh. This is the first mobile Nintendo game not to use My Nintendo, isn't it? I wonder if they thought it would be too confusing to have a fourth currency.

Fire Emblem Heroes actually did a really good job with it’s currencies, didn’t it? They all did exactly one thing, and they were all small-ish numbers.
    The movement controls wouldn't be so bad if they weren't ALSO the attack and dodge controls.

My biggest problem is the tap-and-hold attack that shatters shields. I’ve accidentally walked into red zones instead of charging the attack a whole bunch of times.
    Reigner wrote: »
    Ended up rerolling again before reset. Ezelith, Jeanne, Poseidon, and a 5* Print. Waay better than my last attempt

What is the significance of pulling after a reset? Isn’t the banner the same until the end of the month?

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »

My biggest problem is the tap-and-hold attack that shatters shields. I’ve accidentally walked into red zones instead of charging the attack a whole bunch of times.

Big same

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Goddamn I thought I was lucky when I got 3 5*’s on one pull and I’m seeing ya’ll going “Well I got 5 or 6 I GUESS THAT’S OKAY”

I did toss a couple of re-rolls with a single 5*(One Agni, one Wyrmprint)

But the last one I did(Aptly named McLovin as a throw away name) got both Banner Bros the Dagger girl and Jeanne, along with a Mikoto to boot, so I can’t just toss an account with TWO character Five Stars.

But AGNI THOOOOO

ah well. Friend code incoming if I decide to link this one.

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Huh. This is the first mobile Nintendo game not to use My Nintendo, isn't it? I wonder if they thought it would be too confusing to have a fourth currency.

Fire Emblem Heroes actually did a really good job with it’s currencies, didn’t it? They all did exactly one thing, and they were all small-ish numbers.

Reigner wrote: »

What is the significance of pulling after a reset? Isn’t the banner the same until the end of the month?

Just so Im not a day behind on the login rewards was all haha

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Login rewards look decent, day 10 is a free 10-pull.

Assuming that one's a cycle that's not bad in addition to the various one-time rewards (which feel meager individually but holy crap they're everywhere)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Goddamn I thought I was lucky when I got 3 5*’s on one pull and I’m seeing ya’ll going “Well I got 5 or 6 I GUESS THAT’S OKAY”

I did toss a couple of re-rolls with a single 5*(One Agni, one Wyrmprint)

But the last one I did(Aptly named McLovin as a throw away name) got both Banner Bros the Dagger girl and Jeanne, along with a Mikoto to boot, so I can’t just toss an account with TWO character Five Stars.

But AGNI THOOOOO

ah well. Friend code incoming if I decide to link this one.

I never saw more than two 5*s, and that's after rerolling all day.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    anoffday wrote: »
    Tulabelle wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »
    Where exactly in the game flow do you do rerolls at? I was going to play last night before bed but the gig download put a stop to that. Can I roll as soon as I pick it up after that download is done or is there a bunch of other crap you need to do first?

Also, does this have daily quests and if so, when is the daily reset?

Here is the reroll guide I used from Reddit.
    How to get an initial 21 free summons.
    Now that you've cleared you data and have downloaded it again, you'll be at the main menu.
    1. Skip account linking.
    2. Use automatic settings.
    3. Go through the prologue, pressing "SKIP" at the bottom right corner whenever possible.
    4. Collect your daily and launch celebration bonuses.
    5. You'll be prompted to do the free summon. Do that.
    6. Tutorial will now have you select "Optimize" for your team.
    7. The game will force you into the quest map.
    8. Back out of the map when you get to level select.
    9. Tap on "More" at the bottom right.
    10. Tap Friends
    11. Tap Helper Settings
    12. Set the freely summoned unit as your helper by tapping on it. There should now be a gold check mark on that unit.
    13. Press "Home" at the bottom left corner.
    14. Press the Jumpstart Endeavors button. Looks like a little paper.
    15. Go to Normal and press Accept All. This will give you 325 Wyrmite.
    16. Close the popup and close the next screen.
    17. Select Gifts at the top-right corner of the screen.
    18. Accept All gifts from Limited and No Limit sections. This will total 2800 Wyrmite.
    19. Close the screens once all are claimed. You should now have a total of 3125 Wyrmite.
    20. Go to Summon and use Tenfold Summon TWICE!
    21. Decide if you got acceptable pulls!

Gets you enough gems to do 2 of the Tenfold Summon.

I'm new to all this, but that seems like a pain in the ass. Is it really worth all that?

Only you can really answer that question. I don't think it is a requirement at all to play and enjoy the game, especially this early in the game's lifecycle. I rerolled once because my first roll didn't have any 5-star characters, and I wanted at least one.

Some people reroll to get characters they think are good looking, some for specific characters, some to get as strong as they possibly can. Rerolling too much takes some of the enjoyment away in my case, so I didn't want to spend all day doing it.

That said, since settling on this account I pulled 2 5-star adventurers, 1 5-star Dragon, and 2 5-star Wyrmprints on three different TenFold pulls. I feel pretty lucky.

Tulabelle on
    The key is to not desire anything specific in particular. Gotta throw off the desire sensor.

3DS Friend Code:
    edited September 2018
    Yeah after getting all the easy in-game currency out of the way I’ve still just got my one original five-star from my reroll-until-5-star

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Matching elements to the weaknesses of the content seems to be more important than rolling with 5* units. Like, 5* fire dagger lady is much less effective against water enemies than the 4* wind axe dude you get as a story unit. I look forward to later content where I assume enemy types will be mixed and matched and you have to bring a pretty diverse team to cover the necessary elements.

I also have to assume there will be bosses that switch elements throughout the battle.

Cruor on
    edited September 2018
    I will give a fair word of warning.

The amount of vertical progression that is already in this game is WORRYING.

Like your usual examples in gatcha are

Characters+Equipment.

That varies. Most have two. Some have 3

Dragalia gots Characters+Equipment+Dragons+Fuckin cards x Elemental Strengths and Weaknesses, really?

This shit is BUILT to extract money from your wallet.

Proceed with caution.

Transporter on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Matching elements to the weaknesses of the content seems to be more important than rolling with 5* units. Like, 5* fire dagger lady is much less effective against water enemies than the 4* wind axe dude you get as a story unit. I look forward to later content where I assume enemy types will be mixed and matched and you have to bring a pretty diverse team to cover the necessary elements.

I also have to assume there will be bosses that switch elements throughout the battle.

Wind axe guy has a neat skill too - straight power boost from killing stuff. Useful.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »

Wind axe guy has a neat skill too - straight power boost from killing stuff. Useful.

If you get to his second mana rung, he has a team shield that he applies. I don't know exactly how it works (whether it's auto or active) since I haven't unbound his first rung yet, but seems like it could be useful.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I will give a fair word of warning.

The amount of vertical progression that is already in this game is WORRYING.

Like your usual examples in gatcha are

Characters+Equipment.

That varies. Most have two. Some have 3

Dragalia gots Characters+Equipment+Dragons+Fuckin cards x Elemental Strengths and Weaknesses, really?

This shit is BUILT to extract money from your wallet.

Proceed with caution.

Yeesh. That's good context for someone like me who isn't very experienced with gachas. I'll play until it becomes a slog, I guess. It's just so dang charming, and for once we're not 6 months to a year behind Japan, and don't have all the info on tiers and optimal loadouts, etc. It's kind of nice to not have all that info hanging over me, discouraging me from even starting.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Hmm. I was getting 50 gems per new person I met in co-op, then it stopped. I think they patched right when this stopped. Did I hit a stopping point, or was it something they patched out?

Also, I've made 51 pulls I think and seen 2 5*, one a dragon and one a portrait.

What is this I don't even.
    O would also add so far, Dragalia Lost’s gatcha boxes are fuckin scummy as shit.

The 5* Pool being stuffed with Characters AND cards AND Dragons is...more than a bit much.

Gatcha’s typically split their big progression things into seperate pools. Like classically You have a Character pool ypu can pull from, and an Equipment pool you can pull from.

Having three different “Grand Prizes” in one pool, means it’s going to be EXCEPTIONALLY difficult to get something you want or need.@, especially one that pool gets diluted.

Say for example, three featured things, like this launch banner.

Character
    Dragon
    Card.

What happens when one of those is ass?

What happens when you want all three?

What happens when you already have one thing, but wanted something else?

The answer is obvious. It’s explicitly designed to make you pull more.And since you CAN get dupes, that could be really, really bad

Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Hmm. I was getting 50 gems per new person I met in co-op, then it stopped. I think they patched right when this stopped. Did I hit a stopping point, or was it something they patched out?

Also, I've made 51 pulls I think and seen 2 5*, one a dragon and one a portrait.

It’s capped around 2k, they didn’t patch it out

CD World Tour status:
    I might try to play through the story, but these controls are what are driving me nuts. They seem obsessed with controlling everything with one finger. Things would be 10x better if the game was setup to be held in landscape orientation with one section on the side dedicated to movement and the other side dedicated to initiating attacks or dodges.

3DS Friend Code:
    O would also add so far, Dragalia Lost’s gatcha boxes are fuckin scummy as shit.

The 5* Pool being stuffed with Characters AND cards AND Dragons is...more than a bit much.

Gatcha’s typically split their big progression things into seperate pools. Like classically You have a Character pool ypu can pull from, and an Equipment pool you can pull from.

Having three different “Grand Prizes” in one pool, means it’s going to be EXCEPTIONALLY difficult to get something you want or need.@, especially one that pool gets diluted.

Character
    Dragon
    Card.

The answer is obvious. It’s explicitly designed to make you pull more.And since you CAN get dupes, that could be really, really bad

There are a few things to consider that can offset that. Everything that you said is true, and the consequence is that the ceiling of how far you can go to upgrade your team is VERY high. However we don't know how low the floor is for minimum level of gacha that you need to slog through to complete all of the story content and events. It could be that we can complete most if not all content with story and gift units that everyone will have access to. It could be that some of the most powerful units reside in the lower rarity pool. To take fire emblem heroes as an example, 5* units are generally better overall but The Reinhardt is a common unit that is still generally considered one of the game's flagship powerhouses that can obliterate all in his path.

Second, we don't really know how much wyrmite that they'll give us through events and daily quests. They probably don't know yet either. Considering the PR implications of increasing or decreasing resource rates, it's logical that they'd err on the side of initially being too stingy and then increase the lucrativity of rewards over time if their gacha system is too stacked against us at their current rates.

3DS Friend Code:
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Has anyone gotten this running on an android emulator? I tried it on bluestack and it said no.

BahamutZERO.gif
    IIRC, some people have gotten it running on LD player (might be getting the name wrong). I'm not sure what Nintendo's stance is with emulators. I've read some claims that people ran into problems when they linked their Nintendo accounts to games running on an emulated environment. The problem might have had more to do with playing in geographic regions where the game isn't released? I want to say that accounts got wiped/banned, but don't quote me on that. I haven't followed up on the details to get to the bottom of everything and separate truth from hearsay. I'm just saying don't take my word and that you should do your homework before linking your Nintendo account to the emulated system.

3DS Friend Code:
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Got Jeanne and Nidhogg on this reroll, but no rainbow unit; I don't really have an understanding as to whether or not that's a 'good' roll or not.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I have Jeanne, and I think I'm just going to run with it.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

Character
    Dragon
    Card.

i started doing some rerolls and 7 rerolls later i hadn't gotten a 5* character once and had multiple 1 4* 9 3* pulls and realized i think this level of gacha is too much for me. seems extremely abusive.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Character
    Dragon
    Card.

i started doing some rerolls and 7 rerolls later i hadn't gotten a 5* character once and had multiple 1 4* 9 3* pulls and realized i think this level of gacha is too much for me. seems extremely abusive.

It's only an issue if you need to have 5 star everything in order to clear content.

If you don't, then it doesn't matter.

There appear to be systems to allow you up to star rarity of things, though I don't know if that makes them just as good as if they were a higher star rarity in the first place.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Also a big factor is you only have to draw a character once

And while additional dragons and wyrmprints can be combined to uncap them, damage/sunstones/item for wyrmprints are already in game along with the mechanism for them to give out pieces of those during events like they do in Granblue

There are also characters and dragons obtained from events

I’ve heard there’s a system in that pity rolls you a 5* after 100 pulls (10*10) if you’ve not gotten one, but still could be dragon/print

CD World Tour status:
  • a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    I might try to play through the story, but these controls are what are driving me nuts. They seem obsessed with controlling everything with one finger. Things would be 10x better if the game was setup to be held in landscape orientation with one section on the side dedicated to movement and the other side dedicated to initiating attacks or dodges.

I've taken to letting auto do the normal movement/attacking, with me using skills/dodges/charge attacks as necessary. Much less frustrating that way for me.

Number One Tricky
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Got a double 5 star 10 pull, got excited, 2 copies of the rate up wyrmprint :rotate:
    Maybe that’s actually good but it feels bad compared to a character or dragon

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.