As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] You're Not Crazy: Cutest Molaihts Now Cost Super Mitboost Gates

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    also lore question for lore nerds re Mara
    Mara was the first awoken and was able to choose the nature of awoken existence. She could have made them all omnipotent gods.

Why then does she need this ridiculously convoluted plan that involves the near extinction of her race to become (slightly more) unkillable

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Is a Fated Engram considered to be a "World Drop" for re-rolled armor exotics?

Huh. Interesting question. I've never tried since I literally only bought one to get my Borealis a few weeks ago.

I should give that a try.

Yeah, same; just an expensive question.
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Meant to mention that I got that Skullfort ornament the other night and hooooooooooooooo yes, that's like the one ornament I really wanted.

Granted, I don't think it's as flashy or cool as default Skullfort, but.... it's unique! So I'm wearing it.

Daft Punk all up in.
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    also lore question for lore nerds re Mara
    Mara was the first awoken and was able to choose the nature of awoken existence. She could have made them all omnipotent gods.

Why then does she need this ridiculously convoluted plan that involves the near extinction of her race to become (slightly more) unkillable

As far as I can tell
    she didn't know then what she knew later. I think she knew a lot; but from what I could gather a bunch of her plan re: throne world stuff, Oryx etc, came after the fact. You see her reasoning out sword (and bomb) logic in some lore stuff, so she didn't know out of the gate. I think the current situation is a solution she found to deal with Sava'thun, and her words when you visit her aren't only about her enemies.

Unrelated to it all, I think I've figured out something that is causing part of my issue in Gambit.

It seems that people leave after the Primeval is summoned, because it isn't the flying anus.

However, I've had sir butthole be the third primeval, and not the first two; and I've read about people getting it first/second round (and subsequently it seems to spawn in the next round if so).

So people seem to be under the impression that it is either ol' stinkeye from round one or it won't show up, but since I have the questline on my Warlock, having gotten it in round 3 and having had spawned the Primeval both prior rounds, that is incorrect.

But it is resulting in a lot of people dropping the game fucking over everyone.

I hope Bungie does something about this shit, but afaik they haven't even acknowledged that it is seriously fucking up Gambit.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

Fuuuuuuck. You need three thousand more infamy after reaching Legend to reset?

Come the hell on. Don't give me a message I reached max rank and then have that shit.

I should have known better from Valor resets but nope :rotate:

edited September 2018
    Why would you leave after the primeval is not round boi, the primeval can be in the second round too

The only time I’ve seen it was in the second round

DodgeBlan on

Why would you leave after the primeval is not round boi, the primeval can be in the second round too

The only time I’ve seen it was in the second round

Yeah I dunno.

I'm just guessing. The frequency people drop after round one, even if we won, is staggering, and it's all I can figure out.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Are you saying Bungie tied a cool quest to a dumb arbitrary trigger, and that dumb thing is at the very least obnoxious and time wasting and at worst gamebreaking for the average player?

Because if so, I'm shocked at this new thing that has never happened before

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    The one I ran into today was in the second round, in fact.

I just want people to stop bodyblocking me from motes when I have 14 :(

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Maybe we’ve reached the point where any reward will warp player behavior negatively but I think this one is not in the same category as hand cannon invader kills

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I was mostly referring to Whisper

They just need to have a reliable trigger so people aren't trying to game the system. It's fun to have hidden objectives but don't tie them to chance and RNG.

edited September 2018
    Jesus. The last 3k infamy you need you don't get any points on losses, and given that I can't go a fucking round without 1-3 teammates dropping...

Cool. Cool cool cool.

EDIT: hrm, none of the trackers seem to have a thing if you've done T4 BW or not. I guess I must have because I did the oracle on my titan/hunter, so...nevermind. Still, would be nice to have a checkbox on d2checklist

The Dude With Herpes on

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    So did a Gambit match earlier for my daily.

All my team are randos, opposition has a fireteam of 3 including two guys with Last Wish emblem with 3 and 2 clears.

I'm thinking at least this match will be quick.

First round, really really close. Maybe fraction of a second and I could've killed our primeval before they got theirs down. Second round we stomp 'em.

Third round... aha. We get the primeval in just before them and it's the Malfeasance one and I'm thinking well shit this didn't go well the first time it happened 10 minutes after reset against 4 randos, this is going to be painful.

But I shall chastise myself for the little faith I had in my randos. Boy did they put a shift in and we got it down before the oppositions was even at a half.

Seething Heart obtained, Malfeasance quest is a go.

<3 Randos.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    What I'm saying is that we need more gat damn PA GROUPS playing this shit together. I've been playing solo daily, and I see that all ya'll bad babystiters been doin' the same.

DON'T BE SHY. No one should have to suffer through Gambit or Competitive or whatever with randos, because we don't have to. I'm as guilty as anyone. WE NEEDA STICK TOGEVA

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Gah there is a lore item in the Special Offering Place this week that I won't be able to get for a few weeks. Should have explored more I guess. Don't suppose you can get in there if someone on your fireteam hasn't completed it yet?

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    The LL on this ascendant challenge stuff is bullshit. Who thought it was a great idea to give weekly content to everyone that you can't do without Destiny 1 tier hide-and-peek cheesing nonsense? FFS.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    After playing a bunch of solo gambit I don’t think it’s actually going to be the disaster everyone ( I mean myself) predicted

A bad actor can really fuck your team but if everyone is competent and knows how to burn communication is not super required

My one tip for solo gambit would be to try and not collect motes for the first one or two fights. This will help solve the solo problem of never sending ogres. Ofc if you notice that motes are disappearing you should just go back to picking them up

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    After playing a bunch of solo gambit I don’t think it’s actually going to be the disaster everyone ( I mean myself) predicted

A bad actor can really fuck your team but if everyone is competent and knows how to burn communication is not super required

My one tip for solo gambit would be to try and not collect motes for the first one or two fights. This will help solve the solo problem of never sending ogres. Ofc if you notice that motes are disappearing you should just go back to picking them up

The trick to solo gambit is twofold. One, invade immediately, every time. You cant trust a blueberry to make use of it. Personally I use Go Figure (Zen Moment/Headseeker), Twilight Oath (Triple Tap/Dragonfly) and Sleeper. I don't care about the opinions on sleeper, right now it wins games. The second tip is the most important. When you are close to a primeval, especially when behind, HOLD ON TO YOUR MOTES. This is going to be contentious, and again, its only for solo play. When you are close to a primeval, you want 15 motes, basically no matter what. Dropping a large blocker and following it with an invade can and often is backbreaking. If you can get the blueberries to play along, you should all save as many motes as possible and let the enemy build primeval slayer for you, while invading as often as possible. When you're ready, everyone slams their motes at the same time (this can override the bank going away when you've hit the 75 for your primeval).

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    Konphujun wrote: »

The trick to solo gambit is twofold. One, invade immediately, every time. You cant trust a blueberry to make use of it. Personally I use Go Figure (Zen Moment/Headseeker), Twilight Oath (Triple Tap/Dragonfly) and Sleeper. I don't care about the opinions on sleeper, right now it wins games. The second tip is the most important. When you are close to a primeval, especially when behind, HOLD ON TO YOUR MOTES. This is going to be contentious, and again, its only for solo play. When you are close to a primeval, you want 15 motes, basically no matter what. Dropping a large blocker and following it with an invade can and often is backbreaking. If you can get the blueberries to play along, you should all save as many motes as possible and let the enemy build primeval slayer for you, while invading as often as possible. When you're ready, everyone slams their motes at the same time (this can override the bank going away when you've hit the 75 for your primeval).

Actually, no, don't invade every time. What may happen when you do this is you'll get someone on your team racing you to invade instead of working on the goal. Especially if you kill the opposing team a lot.

Its more important to do something with the invasions than to have them wasted, so yes, invade every time. If you have a rando thats doing work, that's a different story, but I've seen it maybe a handful of times across 2 resets.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    The LL on this ascendant challenge stuff is bullshit. Who thought it was a great idea to give weekly content to everyone that you can't do without Destiny 1 tier hide-and-peek cheesing nonsense? FFS.

The Ascendant Challenges are only like 550 aren't they?

They are mostly a pain in the ass because they completely reset on death so having 1 person is super annoying and having 2 is comically easy.

I think the ascendant challenges are my favorite thing in this extremely good expansion

Maybe my brain is broken but I think they were actually more fun when I was underlevelled

What I’m saying is black armory should remove all guns and go full super Mario

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I don't even understand the ascendent challenges. They're only referenced by a bounty saying "complete one".

I assume it is started somewhere in the zone and that you need to be ascended to do it

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Got some acquaintances from another forum trying to do Leviathan on Xbone. They needed one more guy, were heading to LFG to try and get one, and I figured I'd post their the100 lobby here to try and help.
    https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1227085

The Ascendant Challenges are only like 550 aren't they?

They are mostly a pain in the ass because they completely reset on death so having 1 person is super annoying and having 2 is comically easy.

I would imagine that the crux of my post lies in the fact that I'm not near "only like 550" light.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular

Agreed solo gambit default to never picking up a mote. Makes you personally more productive and your team putting more blockers up

616610-1.png
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    This is what happens every single time like clockwork:

I gather 15 motes.

I go to deposit them.

A Large Blocker stops me.

I sit there, soloing the fucking Ogre, by myself for so long that the other team gets an invade and comes and kills me before the Ogre dies since nobody else on my team ever comes over and helps

I seriously don't fucking get it.

Characters
    Aegis wrote: »
    This is what happens every single time like clockwork:

I gather 15 motes.

I go to deposit them.

A Large Blocker stops me.

I sit there, soloing the fucking Ogre, by myself for so long that the other team gets an invade and comes and kills me before the Ogre dies since nobody else on my team ever comes over and helps

I seriously don't fucking get it.

I have this issue constantly too. People just do not get off their asses and clear the bank.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I just go with the Gambit Rules I saw on Reddit and my games seem to mostly go pretty well:
    * Don't let motes rot on the ground
    * Don't die with motes
    * Don't invade unless the opponents are carrying a lot of motes or have summoned their primeval
    * Always invade if the opponents are carrying a lot of motes or have summoned their primeval
    * Let someone else invade if it's invading time and your super and heavy are empty
    * Always kill blockers if there are blockers
    * When an invader arrives, stop killing mobs and kill the invader
    * When it's Primeval time, bank your motes

I guess the new SGA is not to do that last one but I still feel like if you're solo-queueing it's probably a lot more risky to chill with a stack of motes while the enemy has their primeval up. Yeah you get free stacks of slayer but if they've got 4 Sleepers and/or 4 EP shotguns that grace period is going to cost you.

But I suck at this game, so...

Speaking of big fucking ogres: this week's 540 Spider bounty was a brutal grind. Unless there's some mechanic I missed out on that's not just "pour fucking bullets into this thing forever"?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    edited September 2018
    I think in solo play you should probably wait till the wave is cleared before banking even if you have 15

DodgeBlan on

edited September 2018
    I just go with the Gambit Rules I saw on Reddit and my games seem to mostly go pretty well:
    * Don't let motes rot on the ground
    * Don't die with motes
    * Don't invade unless the opponents are carrying a lot of motes or have summoned their primeval
    * Always invade if the opponents are carrying a lot of motes or have summoned their primeval
    * Let someone else invade if it's invading time and your super and heavy are empty
    * Always kill blockers if there are blockers
    * When an invader arrives, stop killing mobs and kill the invader
    * When it's Primeval time, bank your motes

I guess the new SGA is not to do that last one but I still feel like if you're solo-queueing it's probably a lot more risky to chill with a stack of motes while the enemy has their primeval up. Yeah you get free stacks of slayer but if they've got 4 Sleepers and/or 4 EP shotguns that grace period is going to cost you.

But I suck at this game, so...

Speaking of big fucking ogres: this week's 540 Spider bounty was a brutal grind. Unless there's some mechanic I missed out on that's not just "pour fucking bullets into this thing forever"?

Big thing with invaders: if you have a lot of motes, run and hide. If you have none or almost none, bumrush the invader. Motes are more important then your life, be a distraction.

And obviously, if the invader is running sleeper, hide and wait for them to move in close and then do the above.

shryke on
    I... did get the EP shotgun earlier today, but I haven't really used it much. :O

5 motes deposited is better than 15 dropped, is the common motto I see. If you constantly die when trying to deposit 15, get there earlier with 10 instead.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Arteen on
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular

Some of the thralls gave a buff to damage vs the ogre when killed.

Malfeasance looks like such a pain in the ass to get and also really kinda bad.

I was grinding Gambit anyway though, so whatever.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    re: the Fated Engram discussion, they do have random rolls yes. Just got a Helm of Saint-14 with much better rolls!

Frozenzen wrote: »

Some of the thralls gave a buff to damage vs the ogre when killed.

Is that what that was? I assumed "ogre's fury" was bad so I hid whenever I had it.

Malfeasance looks like such a pain in the ass to get and also really kinda bad.

I was grinding Gambit anyway though, so whatever.

The Taken minibosses/bosses isn't too bad if you hop into Blind Well.

The 580 recommended light level quest afterwards on the other hand...

Characters
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Is there an autogriup function to join people on the fly

I am in the business of saving lives.
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Is there an autogriup function to join people on the fly

I'm not entirely certain what you mean. There's no system to automatically join with anyone. If someone is in an activity and there's room in their fireteam you can join on them but it's an explicit action.

Destiny's support for basic 'this is a game that I play with other people' functionality is pretty terrible. The clan tab in the menu took like 3 years to make happen and I'm still kind of amazed they actually introduced in-game clan support beyond tags next to your name.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    That's a shame. This game would really do well with a toggled "autojoin" that paired you with similar leveled guys in the same area.

I am just doing story quests and not sure if I really care whats going on. It's hard to buy into the themes of sacrifice and courage when Guardians are like, by definition, immortal.

The other thing that bothers me is how empty this game is. Walking off of the main path never gives you anything. No named mobs, no chests, just more Halo inspired landscapes. As opposed to Borderlands which always has something to do over each hill.

I am in the business of saving lives.
This discussion has been closed.